New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 270887)

2020 fireworks stashes

By MattElder

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by rogerroger
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190406_180151 (resized).jpg
4CCD24A7-1A2A-4E9C-B1DB-91B440030095 (resized).jpeg
771D199B-205B-4A61-921D-6B7EBBC04ADD (resized).jpeg
6083B333-D5CA-45A3-9744-9D5D91868EB0 (resized).jpeg
20200615_214400 (resized).jpg
9AE630E4-73A1-4DD1-9C71-AA16DA926CC1 (resized).jpeg
IMG20200615233043 (resized).jpg
IMG20200615232936 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
100_2081 (resized).JPG
100_2080 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
0FF25E56-D56B-4AE5-BEED-ECA8C85577DE (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200613-225323~2 (resized).png
20200613_185006 (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago

I think I got the most amusement out of those boxes of 50 throw down poppers that were like 50 cents a box. We owned a business on the city square when I was a kid. I would go out in the street and lay out lines of poppers, about 10 in a line, a foot apart. Then I'd wait for a car to drive down the street with its window down and hit a line of them. Their expressions were golden. I got chased by two scary looking long haired dudes that tried to run me down with their car until I ran into one of the stores.

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I got chased by two scary looking long haired dudes that tried to run me down with their car until I ran into one of the stores.

Getting chased by people after letting off fireworks was half the fun .

#53 4 months ago

I snapped this pic at Indisc in January. Storage for temporary fireworks stands in California.

6083B333-D5CA-45A3-9744-9D5D91868EB0 (resized).jpeg
#54 4 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

With the 4th coming up soon I figured I'd start a thread to showcase some pics of fireworks stashes out there. Let's see what you have!
[quoted image]

Less than 2 weeks until the 4th. Let's see those fireworks stockpiles out there!

#55 4 months ago

One old box of “safe and sane” California fireworks

771D199B-205B-4A61-921D-6B7EBBC04ADD (resized).jpeg
#56 3 months ago

Here’s my stash for this year. Hopefully other family members will contribute.

4CCD24A7-1A2A-4E9C-B1DB-91B440030095 (resized).jpeg
#57 3 months ago

Where do you draw the line? Spending a days pay on fireworks? A weeks pay? Enough to buy a Stern Pro? More? Working 40 hours to pay for 30 minutes of pretty lights seems a bit crazy to me. Especially if all your neighbors are already putting on a show and you can watch for free.

My boy has autism and he seems to like the concept of lighting the fireworks more than the sound or lights. He brings me ones to light and then turns away to get the next one without watching the one I just lit. He'll watch 1 second of a smoke bomb and then go get another to light without watching until the first one stops.

#58 3 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Anyone else have bottle rocket wars?
I always cheated, back home in Alabama, I knew a spot I could buy year round. I would stock up on the whistlers that were not sold in Texas.
I'd load up my bottle rocket gun and kick some ass, yes still have both my eyes and all 20 phalanges, can't hear for shit though.
I also rode my bike w/o a helmet and rode in the back of the car on the package shelf. Oh simpler times!

Yeah, we used to do roman candle wars. There was a brand I really likes, it was called 10 shot thunder or something. They weren't colorful, but they would explode at the end. The stupid stuff we do, lol.

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

Here’s my stash for this year. Hopefully other family members will contribute.
[quoted image]

Great photo - love the names and packaging. We never had anything like those down here. Are each of those boxes one firework?

Funny enough, turned on the TV this morning and for some reason CBN News was on (in Australia!) and the article was about a huge rise in illegal firework activity and complaints in the US - notably New York City and LA. To the point where some cities had appointed "task forces"to deal with it. They were blaming it on the race riots, lockdown and Coronavirus.

#60 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Great photo - love the names and packaging. We never had anything like those down here. Are each of those boxes one firework?
Funny enough, turned on the TV this morning and for some reason CBN News was on (in Australia!) and the article was about a huge rise in illegal firework activity and complaints in the US - notably New York City and LA. To the point where some cities had appointed "task forces"to deal with it. They were blaming it on the race riots, lockdown and Coronavirus.

It’s been insane the last month here. Every night I hear window rattling explosions from massive firecrackers. Also, plenty of those types that Rogerroger has stocked up on. People have been letting off steam I suppose. Police have been very hands off.

#61 3 months ago

I dated someone from the south side of Chicago once and I would go there for the 4th to hang on the 2 story roof of their place and watch the neighborhood and all the stuff that was being shot off. Blocks and blocks of illegal stuff for hours and hours on the 3rd and 4th. I imagine it’s what it is like in a war zone. Also mixed in with handgun fire for those that didn’t buy fireworks. It was insane.

#62 3 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

So here's my current remote ignition setup. It's modular, so I can keep adding to it, and it works up to like 1650 feet away. Worth every penny.

I have the 12 channel version. It is great. NJ only started allowing ground based fireworks a few years ago. I buy the largest assortment they sell at Target and that is the extent of the show. I set everything up in the backyard on 12x24 ceramic tile samples from a remodel a few years back. The family sits back to watch and the kids each get a turn to press the launch button. This will never replace a good professional show, but for a random evenings entertainment it is well with it.

#63 3 months ago

+1 on being extra careful. I can think of several 'oh %$#@!" moments when playing with fireworks. Biggest was over 10 years ago sitting on back porch at my brother-in-laws house launching mortars. Well, my other brother-in-law is smoking and caught the entire box of mortar shells on fire somehow. The entire back porch explodes with all of us there including one of my kids then around 4 years old. Luckily they were not the bigger size mortars so nobody got hurt but don't think my boy liked fireworks that much after that lol.

#64 3 months ago

I used to do it illegally. Run down to PA with 2 friends. We'd each chip in like 300-500 bucks (got out of control near the end). Bogo. Freebies for spending so much. Got tired of spending my money and now I work as a side job for a professional company. I have my license, can pull permits, and have their insurance behind me if I get bored and wanna just go out and blow something up. I've come to hate the 4th of July. Hot. Exhausting. But - i mean. 2.5 up to 8 in shells lol. Corona really screwed this season up. I normally shoot almost every weekend like april / may through october. 4th will be my first show this year.

20190406_180151 (resized).jpg

#65 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks! Each box shoots off between 15 - 60 shots depending on what's inside. These are all 100% legal in Georgia. We shoot them off at my in-laws house who live in a rural area with very few houses around. Here's a preview video of one of the ones in my picture. The good thing about Phantom Fireworks is that you can preview most of theirs online.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 9.99
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside