4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

Has anybody applied for a job with the 2020 census yet?
Has anyone recieved a survey in the mail yet?
I guess you get a postcard, to choose if you want to complete it online
or have hardcopy of form mailed to you.
Anyway I applied and got hired, got fingerprinted and training in my area starts in March, with actual canvassing starting in April. Pays $18/hr plus 58cents per mile on car expenses. They are going to loan me a new iPhone/tablet to help do the job, since that is how all the data in now entered into system for census. In my area job should be completed by labor day. One might expect to work 20 to 40 hrs a week depending on workers availability including nites and weekends.

1 month later
#2 4 years ago

I got my 2020 US Census survey notice in the mail this weekend,
The push is to get everyone to complete it online.
I have yet to be called up for training, since they offered me a job 6 weeks ago.
Betting they hope most everyone does fill out the survey online or request
a hardcopy to fill out and return via mail.
In light of the pandemic, I am re-considering if i will even accept the task of the job
to survey households that have not compiled, so as to not subject myself to possible exposure.
Probably the gov't won't do any canvassing now until at least May I figure.

#3 4 years ago

Though due to the fact that lots of people will possibly be out of work due to the virus,
more people might take the risk to apply
for a census job, to help supplement their depleted cash reserves.

#4 4 years ago

Imagine they might push back the dates for completion. I did mine online.

#5 4 years ago

When i was technically hired, they told me I would probably start training in March and start canvassing in April and they hoped to be done with that part of the 2020 census by Labor Day. I imagine they will push hard for everyone to do the census survey online or via mail and delay any required canvassing until after June. The final 2020 Census report is due by law prior to the end of 2020, but they will probably just due the best they can.

So far I am procrastinating and have yet to log on to complete the survey, but will probably get to it this week.
My (88yr young) mom already did it online and if she can figure it out then it can not be that bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-census-survey-or-jobs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.