Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinlink
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Here was my geeky attempt at an answer:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/statistical-bang-for-your-buck#post-5331401
    Below is a summary of that data from best to worst value within that range. It's difficult to compare between price ranges, and what this data is showing is essentially for the "X" dollars, you should expect a game with a ranking of "Y". The further above that curve a game is the better "value" relative to other games around that same price. The statistical DMD the highest above that curve was Metallica (Pro), but again you can't really compare between price ranges, so it really comes down to how much you want to spend.
    under $2000 - Maverick, Lethal Weapon 3
    $2,000 to $3,000 - Getaway, Judge Dredd, World Cup Soccer, Terminator 2, Black Knight 2000, Jurassic Park, Demolition Man
    $3,000 to $4,000 - Shadow, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Fish Tales, Tales from the Crypt, Road Show, Indianapolis 500, Dirty Harry
    $4,000 to $5,000 - Metallica (Pro), Star Trek: The Next Generation, Spider-Man, White Water, Star Trek (Pro), Iron Man, Congo
    $5,000 to $6,000 - Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man, Simpsons, White Water, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Attack From Mars
    My personal answer would be to look for a High Speed II: The Getaway, Fish Tales, or World Cup Soccer.

This was the most accurate post of pinball prices compared to other posts and the prices stated are likely average or players condition games. Obviously paying more for better condition. I always see people who say a machine can be had for some low ball price there is an occasional steal out there and if you are first to a sale you can maybe get one. Of course if I buy a lotto and I get all the lucky numbers I could win millions too. I know people sometimes get deals and I always wonder how they find them but I think that is rare or they are old routed games.

But, there are some great middle value games in the $2500-4,000 price area that offer tons of fun and are long lasting in a collection.

Personally I think a very fun steal of a game is Getaway - add a Pinsound to it and it is great. I really thought that game would pass through my collection but for now I just love it. Those come up often in the $2500 range not where I live but on Pinside it seems like.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-best-bang-for-buck-dmd?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.