Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinlink
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20181016205939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I have several alphanumeric pins in my lineup and quite enjoy their style of play. I currently have 1 DMD but to me it’s a pretty horrid game. The next pin I add, I’d like it to be a DMD game unless of course when the time comes to buy a WW or FH come up for sale for a steal price. I’m wondering some suggestions for fun to play DMD for a fair price. I have a few good ones on my wishlist but with the cheapest one being WH20 that price is a little high for me to swallow. I enjoy games that are fun to play, easy to understand. I don’t really need something that’s deep to the point of going on some crazy journey. In fact a lot of the new sterns I’ve played have not really been that enjoyable to me with long ball times and several modes to complete. Any good prices on easy to approach good old fashion fun DMD games that I could check out? Thanks!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Fish Tales remains one of my favorites. And with patience can still be found at a reasonable price imo.

I quite enjoy Fish Tales, had kind of thrown it off the table though as I already own a Taxi and they have a very similar layout.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

BSD, easy rules but hard to execute

I need to play this game. I’ve seen it mentioned several times as a good, reasonably priced game. Theme is a little eh for me, but I’m sure if it’s a good game I could get past that.

#10 4 years ago

I’ve seen a few Fish Tales recommendations, would it be a problem to have 2 games with such a similar layout in the same (small) collection? I love Taxi and it’s callouts and I’m not sure I’d want to give it up to bring FT in.

#48 4 years ago

Of the ones mentioned, I think Demolition Man looks pretty cool without me playing it. WCS would need another look as the video I saw they just kept shooting goals and looked kinda repetitive. Maybe I need to play more on the Getaway, it might be because it’s flanked with higher tier games on the Williams pinball app, but I have trouble getting into that one.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Getaway was the third game I ever bought. And shockingly, it is still here. A lot of games have come and gone, but that one stays. It has been torn down a couple of times now. I played it for years as a tired game. But that first shop job took it to be a really good player. It went on tours (multiple different friends houses), and I even had it at work for a while (they loved it). After that I tore it down again and redid a deep shop job, and added a playfield protector, and now it plays like lightening. I still love playing it, but my favorite part about the game is how quickly my non-pinball friends take to it. It's so easy to explain the game, and it seems to be the first time people understand that pinball machines have rules.
    Demo Man was also a great suggestion. Fun game. As said above, a bit of a bitch to shop, but still fun.
    On the "4k" suggestions, I totally agree with Star Trek (Stern). Easy to maintain, and a VERY fun game. And once you are into one game around that price, you can then trade it out later. MET, AS, AC/DC, IM (all Pros of course) all fall into that general area. So once you are done with one, you trade it or sell it and then plop yourself into the next game. There are a ton of great games in that general area.

That’s kinda what I was looking to do, I’m picking up a Diner soon for a Very Very good price. I planned on putting good work into that to make It look and play 100% and then use the funds from that to slide into a WW, FH for alphanumerics, or look at some of the lower tier DMD games. I’d really like a WH20 but I think even if I could get 3k out of Diner, that would be a pretty big jump to WH20

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

White water has climbed to a point of not being worth it. It is great fun but above $5k I am out. You can grab a awesome stern pro for that.

Any chance you’d want to trade that WW once I get that Diner up and going? I see you’ve owned it in the past so idk if it’s one you’d want to own again or if you’d rather go on. We aren’t that far apart. So figured it’s worth a shot lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-best-bang-for-buck-dmd?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.