(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 4 years ago

I kinda gotta design the damn thing first....

2 months later
    #197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

As much as the show may be delayed or even cancelled (unlikely), will shirts still be available?
    I always love the shirts, and even without the show, wonder if there might be something.
    If the design/color is good, I'd be happy to support and buy a shirt.
    I'm sure others would too, and maybe offer the glasses and stuff that were done in previous years.
    Maybe a pre-order only type deal or something to that affect.
    Just trying to find ways to still support such an awesome collection, even if I do have time sit this one out, or hopefully just wait.

Hey all,

while the final show date may be delayed, we are still hard at work on this year's T-shirt designs. As has been the case for the past two years, there will be a multi-color print "Showcase" shirt, and a single color print "Club" shirt.

Here's a little teaser of this year's "Showcase" design...

VFW 2020 preview (resized).JPGVFW 2020 preview (resized).JPG

Once I have the art finalized, I'll be posting the shirt designs as usual here on Pinside, and accepting pre-orders. I'd advise that anyone that thinks they might want a shirt to pre-order, since due to the uncertainty in today's goings on, we're likely going to have less inventory for sale on the acutal show days.

As always, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Long sleeve t-shirt option too please? I hope so.

Long sleeve shirts usually have less color options than the short sleeve, but since we're going with Navy shirts this year, long sleeves MAY be possible.

In addition, the base shirt will almost assuredly have a higher material cost.

If we were to do a long sleeve option (would be for pre-orders ONLY), how much extra would that be worth to you?

$5 more be reasonable?

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I will put my two cents in;

one possible alternative (.....) to raise funds for keeping VFW afloat is
    maybe buy commemorative T-Shirts at $50-60 a pop, to help meet the VFW yearly budget.
    Yes it would be a donation in effect.
    Maybe if you attend the 2021 show next year and wear the 2020 commemorative t-shirt
    you get $10 off the admission entry fee that year.
    I am in for a Large, just let me know where to send the funds to order such.
    Good Luck
    Hope the show can still go on this summer (in installments) or early fall in full.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    cheers Tom

Kind of rolling off Tom's idea.....given that we have a bit longer lead time, I could customize the shirts so that everyone who pre-orders and buys the "Special Edition" gets their name in the shirt design.

Here's a quick mock-up using the last 20 Pinsiders screen names that have responded to this thread, inside the number "2" of the "2020" script that's going on the back;

VFW Shirt name idea (resized).JPGVFW Shirt name idea (resized).JPG

What does everyone think? Would this be worth more to incentivize extra sales?
    Tom mentioned a $50~$60 per shirt price. I think that might be a bit high, but what do you guys think?
    While the usual $20 does make a little for the club, anything over that would go directly to club expenses...

Thanks,
    Eric V.

1 week later
    #284 4 years ago

We had them a year or two ago up at the front desk. Only sold maybe 6~10 of them.
    Given the piece cost to price ratio, it really didn't make sense for the amount of effort to get them made...

Just FYI, quote should be coming in for this year's T-shirts today, so I will have details up soon.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#298 4 years ago

OK folks, T-shirt designs and pre-orders are now live;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-2020-showcase-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Thanks,
    Eric V.

VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpgVFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Do those prices include shipping,
    or only available upon pick up by show attendees?.

Given that we've got a lot of lead time this year (shirts will take + 3~4 weeks after we can all get back to work), I can ship shirts off to anyone who would like to order one (or many!). I'd just ask that you cover shipping costs.

Please understand that I can't provide shipping quotes until we have shirts in hand, so I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

4 months later
    #347 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Don't forget your Canadian tuxedo...
    Denim on the bottom matched with denim up top

Your entrance fee will include a bottle of Sortilege...

Later,
    EV

2 weeks later
    #390 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

no shirts this year sorry.

Sorry gang.....just not feasible with all the set-up costs and unpredictability of numbers....

But don't worry, we'll just use the retro 80's design and Joust blueprints for next year's shirts.

Thanks,
    Eric

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does the VFW have a Rick & Morty ???

Nope

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show?tu=echovictor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.