(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png
    There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Definitely crossed paths, even spoken casually .
    Nice to not meet you lol
    I'm sure we can finally meet one day.
    I may actually be a giant chicken though

Please don’t hesitate. First beer/game on me. Haha

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please don’t hesitate. First beer/game on me. Haha

Well, I don't drink and the games are set to free play.

So....

Call me a cheap date

#403 3 years ago

Well hmmm. Now I just need to decide if 4 hours playing is worth a 3 hour drive there/3 hours home and $40.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesholm1:

Well hmmm. Now I just need to decide if 4 hours playing is worth a 3 hour drive there/3 hours home and $40.

This must be your first time. If so, DO IT.

We have an extra hour drive each way. Been to VFW twice in 2018 and would prefer to have a longer than 4 hours but it is worth it to me to support Clay so he can be back in 2021.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesholm1:

It’s double the cost, but buy another ticket and sign up for both sessions on the same day. 8 hours of pinball, 6 hours driving.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

It’s double the cost, but buy another ticket and sign up for both sessions on the same day. 8 hours of pinball, 6 hours driving.

You can only buy tickets with a prepaid reservation so if you only have 1 reservation you can't buy a second ticket.

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesholm1:

100x yes... for me anyway... your mileage may vary of course.

The money doesn’t even register for me. I pay more in gas and tolls than I do to get into the place... it simply isn’t a collection you can find anywhere else within driving distance for me, I’m around it is a complete no brainer for me. Do it once... if you don’t like it you don’t have to go back right.

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

You can only buy tickets with a prepaid reservation so if you only have 1 reservation you can't buy a second ticket.

Unless you buy it from someone else that won't attend this year who is selling their reservation(s).

#409 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Unless you buy it from someone else that won't attend this year who is selling their reservation(s).

Exactly this. You could make your own 2 day show with the 3 ticket offer below

Quoted from Sheprd:

I have 3 reservations that I can sell. Anybody need 3? $30.00

#410 3 years ago

we got our first 10 (actually 12) person private thing set up for an evening in november. that's good... keeps the numbers down, spreads it out...

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

we got our first 10 (actually 12) person private thing set up for an evening in november. that's good... keeps the numbers down, spreads it out...

This is a great idea for birthdays going forward you could rent the building for $500
    For 3 hours and for $100 more Clay can dress like a clown and make balloon animals.

#412 3 years ago

Side note... I used to make balloon animals at parties... really... not kidding...

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

This is a great idea for birthdays going forward you could rent the building for $500
    For 3 hours and for $100 more Clay can dress like a clown and make balloon animals.

Im in for 600. My birthday is in 2 weeks, and i like poodle balloon animals

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

This must be your first time. If so, DO IT.
    We have an extra hour drive each way. Been to VFW twice in 2018 and would prefer to have a longer than 4 hours but it is worth it to me to support Clay so he can be back in 2021.

I will most likely. I have been to the Hall of Fame in Vegas and know how much time I spend going down the rows there, and that's not even close to the selection here. I do actually have more than one ticket, now do I have the feet and back for 8 hours of pinball... haha thats a whole other battle.

#415 3 years ago

Can you guys refresh my memory? Was it a $20 down payment or a $10 down payment. It's been so long I need to figure out how many tickets I actually reserved haha. Thanks

P.S. I was easy to convince. Pulling an all day with both time slots. Less pressure to run through the place and if I leave early oh well, the money is going to the right place.

#416 3 years ago

So I will have 1- extra ticket for Tomorrow Sat. 12 for 9am . Pm to let me know !

#417 3 years ago

Does the VFW have a Rick & Morty ???

#418 3 years ago

I may have two spots available. Pm me for details.

Clay. How would I go about transferring the ticket to someone else?

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does the VFW have a Rick & Morty ???

Nope

#420 3 years ago

The reservation was $10
    If we had gotten Rick and Morty I would’ve had to sell it. We barely have money to pay for the basics much less a brand new game this year. We’ve added a bunch of other (Cheap) games, but none that cost $9000 !! This year has been a shite show on buying games. We usually get at least one NIB game a year, but this year, we just can’t swing it. Frankly we’re lucky to still be here

#421 3 years ago

I have two reservations available that I have transferred to Sunday, September 20 for the 9 AM to 1 PM session. I believe Clay would allow them to be transferred to another date or possibly be used for a private date in a group of 10. Cost is $10 each and you would be responsible for the $40 balance at the door for each. Hoping someone could use them and generate some more income for VFW.

#422 3 years ago

TNA by Spooky was added to the collection.

#423 3 years ago

I was 2 for Sat.
    Border still closed...

Just cancelled my room at the Holiday Inn in Brighton for 19th.

#424 3 years ago

Got to go to the afternoon session today. I was 10000% impressed. Only a dozen people, everything worked perfectly, I couldn't believe it. The rumors are true!

#425 3 years ago

If you want to go again I have two spots available

#426 3 years ago

The afternoon session today was GREAT! It seemed like me & my friend were the only ones there. I sent one text question about the operation of a game and got a response right away. It was truly a Private Showing of an impressive collection. THANK YOU!!

#427 3 years ago

9 am -1pm was 3 maybe 4 people could play any game for as long as you wanted . Hardest part was how to turn some of them on ! Thanks again Clay .

#428 3 years ago

If anyone is letting go of their tickets let me know so I can bring a buddy tonight. I have one for myself but wouldn't mind having a couple transferred to me

#429 3 years ago

I will be going Sunday afternoon. Really looking forward to it!!

#430 3 years ago

I would love to go, but my son's gf has a friend that was recently diagnosed, so we are on quarantine until we get test results back. Effin' kids.

#431 3 years ago

Yeah, I had something similar.
    3 days off work.
    Don't get paid unless +

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Yeah, I had something similar.
    3 days off work.
    Don't get paid unless +

I was off work one day waiting for a result.

Don't get paid.... Period.

#433 3 years ago

People in the know.....how is the attendance looking for the sessions so far? Pretty full?
    Coming tomorrow for the 9 am session. Can't wait.

#434 3 years ago

See my post #427 !

#435 3 years ago

remember you just can't show up for the mini shows. you must sign up (see the email sent to reservation holders.) if you don't sign up, you will be refused entry, as we must keep numbers in line for each time slot.

#436 3 years ago

Tilt Amusements has graciously lent a Avengers LE to the show for this weekend.

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Original or aiq?

If aiq, I thought the LE's hadn't shipped yet.

#438 3 years ago

I’m sure it’s AIQ. Original wouldn’t be worth mentioning. Haha

#439 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Hopefully they will have avengers LE next weekend too!!

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure it’s AIQ. Original wouldn’t be worth mentioning. Haha

I figured as much, but still seems odd considering they only went on the line yesterday (1st one boxed) and it was pointed out to be euro coin door.

Unless it's aiq pro, because those have hit distros stateside already.

#441 3 years ago

If any US distro has a LE, it’s probably Trent.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Original or aiq?
    If aiq, I thought the LE's hadn't shipped yet.

AIQ

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #443 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

AIQ [quoted image]

Can you ask Tilt if AIQ will be there next weekend too?

#444 3 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

AIQ [quoted image]

That's a pro, like I suspected.

Though it has had lollipop rails added.

#445 3 years ago

Just a question to anyone hitting up vfw....

Trent often has stickers that are themed to the game available. I can see a handful on an angle on the bottom left of the translite.

Can anyone snag me one? Would really appreciate it since I can't cross the border.

#446 3 years ago

Can't say I am not jealous.
    Damn lockdown.
    I need a big selection pinball fix.

#447 3 years ago

Imagine going to a public gathering in Michigan of all places now...

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

Everyone was masked and pretty respectful of social distancing. Not sure what “of all places” means but it was a good time.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I’ve been doing so since Mid June in Michigan of all places. A month earlier in Ohio and Indiana.

I can’t imagine doing so in Ontario though. Maybe BC.

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

Not sure what “of all places” means

The best of all places, of course!

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/9?hl=wanimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.