(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Your entrance fee will include a bottle of Sortilege...
    Later,
    EV

Any news on shirts?

I can procure some Vachon cakes to barter

#352 3 years ago

Offer a few Coffee Crisp chocolate (not candy) bars.

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Offer a few Coffee Crisp chocolate (not candy) bars.

Echo knows my offer.

It's a long standing agreement lol

#354 3 years ago

In Michigan is crowd size allowed based on each event or building size?
    Here is a lame brain idea.
    Since you basically have 3 buildings, maybe call what takes place in each building its own separate event.
    One building for the Canadians, one for the stoners and one for the farters.

#355 3 years ago

Hello, stoner Canadian
    I am bringing my wife (driver)....

So looking forward to smaller crowds, Alien always has someone parked at it.
    Never have much trouble with the rest.

My wife loves the bowling machines.
    I love playing the short list.

Add Aerosmith, I would like to see some of the other mods out there before they go in my machine.
    Love the mods in the collection.

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

...One building for the Canadians, one for the stoners and one for the farters.

Which of the three gets the biggest building?

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Tonight we're coming up with a workable solution, as it's strategy night. Bottom line is 19/20 is still on. But we're breaking the show into smaller pieces, pretty much for a month. at least that is the idea. We have to do this to get crowd sizes way way down.

Just curious, the 19th and 20th are still on, but you are planning on breaking it down in to smaller pieces? As in multiple weekends?

#358 3 years ago

Can you catch covid from a crop dusting? If so, you may have to provide some Depends.

#359 3 years ago

I’ll miss the tailgating, but not the tailgunning.

1 week later
    #360 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Tonight we're coming up with a workable solution, as it's strategy night. Bottom line is 19/20 is still on. But we're breaking the show into smaller pieces, pretty much for a month. at least that is the idea. We have to do this to get crowd sizes way way down.

Just wondering the details on the 19th and 20th? My job requires quarantine on return so I'm trying to figure out logistics.

#361 3 years ago

Clay could take a cue from Expo and do a virtual show. Have some carny walk around the VFW with a flip phone, mail everyone a fart in a ziploc bag.

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Clay could take a cue from Expo and do a virtual show. Have some carny walk around the VFW with a flip phone, mail everyone a fart in a ziploc bag.

A single fart is not nearly enough.

#363 3 years ago

You have to carefully insert the pressurized fart into an envelope..
    Then mark the envelope 'refund cheque'.

#364 3 years ago

Any confirmation of what the plan is for the event? I'm trying to coordinate my work schedule.

#365 3 years ago

@cfh

Clay, my family and I are not going to make it to Michigan for the VFW event.

Please refund the $30 I sent via PayPal back in January for 3 reservations. I sent you a request via Paypal, and have asked you via Facebook as well. Is there a problem refunding our money for those of us that can't make it to the changed date(s)?

Regards,

Bill McWhorter

#366 3 years ago

Anyone else not get the email last night about the mini shows?

#367 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Anyone else not get the email last night about the mini shows?

Yep.

#368 3 years ago

I thought it only went out to ticket holders ...

I did not receive it, but I also had sold my tickets due to scheduling well before the covid stuff.

Would hope to see those emails if I could as I would love to come play. (Once the border opens and anxiety cools down)

#369 3 years ago

Im a ticket holder but havent gotten the email. Figure ill probably get it today at some point

#370 3 years ago

It was just to allow anyone with a ticket to move their reservation to one of the mini shows.

Also said that once the Canada/US border is open again, they will have a Canada day.

#371 3 years ago

I just went to the link in the email that Clay sent out and he states that he is NOT providing refunds to anyone that purchased reservations this year. I have 3 reservations that I can sell. Anybody need 3? $30.00 I can provide the information needed to go in and apply the reservations to any of the dates for the mini-shows.

From the website:

Mini Show Requirements.
    There are some requirements if you want to attend one of the mini show dates:

You must sign up for a date (which is this web page.)
    You must wear a mask (that covers *both* your nose and your mouth) while inside any of the buildings.
    Please maintain physical/social distance rules.
    You must pay the show balance ($40) with two twenty dollar bills when you arrive. NO CHANGE WILL BE PROVIDED.
    A wrist band (or set of bands) will have your name on this. Please collect and wear the wrist band.
    No food or drink will be available at the facility. If you need these things, please bring them.
    No parking attendants. Please park without blocking others.
    There will be very minimal VFW staff (orange shirts).
    Broken games should be reported via text message (text phone number available at facility.)
    Show times slots will be 9am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm . Your ticket is good for *one* of these time slots.
    Note games will not be turned on, you will have to power on the game you want to play. There will be so few people at the facility, it doesn't make sense to turn on 450 games for a handful of people! If you need help we can assist. Come to the vfw repair area and ask for assistance if needed. After you're done playing a game, go ahead and leave it on.

To schedule your time for an available mini-show date, please enter the email address below that was used to buy your original ticket reservation(s). That is, your paypal registered email address. Select an available date and time slot. This web page will check your email against our records, and see if you have a ticket reservation. From there, you can get a mini show date reservation.

#372 3 years ago

I have five ticket reservations from the first day on sale but no email yet.

#373 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png Dates for the shows. Morning and afternoon sessions available. If you need a reservation, pm me. I have 3.

Mac

#374 3 years ago

hmm, i have 2 tickets but i did not get an email.

#375 3 years ago

I have no tickets and got the email. Haha

#376 3 years ago

Can’t send all the emails at once or my service provider will blow a fuse and think I’m sending spam.
    Also would greatly appreciate it if people don’t post the link or the email here. It’s for ticket reservation holders only. Thank you

#377 3 years ago

No Problem i can wait a little for the email. Thanks Clay!

#378 3 years ago

I will offer one other option. If you can organize 10 ticket reservation owners, I will open the VFW to you and only you for three hours on a given Friday or Saturday night during November or December (8pm to 11pm). But you have to organize the 10 ticket reservation owners, not me. And if only nine show up, you’re still on the hook for the full amount for 10 people.

What we’re trying to do is spread this show out into smaller groups. This whole Covid thing has made a mess of everything, and I’m just trying to come up with ways to pay for the facility and satisfy reservation holders, without violating any regulations

#379 3 years ago

Thanks to Clay for providing alternative options for people to utilize their reservation and visit the VFW even during the pandemic. This way people don't lose their deposit and can still play the collection.

Hopefully these mini-shows go off without a hitch and maybe the VFW can be open more often during non-Covid years.

#380 3 years ago

All the alternative dates/times are good options, especially the 10 ppl group package.

Well done...

Are the shirts still going to be available for purchase? I dont know when the border will reopen, but if shirts are available, and Canadians want to split the shipping, I can try to help handle a midpoint for anyone in or around the GTA.

Thoughts?

#381 3 years ago

no shirts this year sorry.

#382 3 years ago

Everyone check your spam box, yoiur notice may be there.
    Some of your spam filters may be set low and if Clay sends ten out at a time BCC then it could go there.

#383 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Also would greatly appreciate it if people don’t post the link or the email here. It’s for ticket reservation holders only. Thank you

Whatcha hidin'? I always knew it was some kind Illuminati front or something.

#384 3 years ago

Clay, can you advise the number of participants allowed for each mini show?

#385 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Clay, can you advise the number of participants allowed for each mini show?

Indoor events are limited to 50 people in MI right now

There were 2 slots(sat and sun) and now there are 12 slots. 12x50=600 which, although never publicly confirmed, seems about right for ticket reservations given one of the main bullets about the show is tickets being capped below game numbers to ensure no waiting.

The group of 10 Friday night deal sounds awesome

#386 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I will offer one other option. If you can organize 10 ticket reservation owners, I will open the VFW to you and only you for three hours on a given Friday or Saturday night during November or December (8pm to 11pm). But you have to organize the 10 ticket reservation owners, not me. And if only nine show up, you’re still on the hook for the full amount for 10 people.
    What we’re trying to do is spread this show out into smaller groups. This whole Covid thing has made a mess of everything, and I’m just trying to come up with ways to pay for the facility and satisfy reservation holders, without violating any regulations

You keep giving more and more Clay, amazing will to make this happen for people. Thank you for that. I'll be back when the boarder opens and it seems reasonable to travel. If timing doesn't work for me you are more than welcome to keep my deposits... you are also more than welcome to charge more too, happy to pay it to play the best collection of pinballs I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

#388 3 years ago

Hope to see a few of you, at least, Saturday morning, the 26th.

#389 3 years ago

The problem is, it's just really difficult to keep everyone happy and safe at the same time. This was the best solution we could come up with. It sucks for us because the show goes from one weekend to three. It's the same amount of work for 10 people coming, or 100. And we have to do it many more times. And take a two hour break half way through any day, and clorox everything! There's really not much choice though because we can't survive without getting some income this year. All the bills come in September... the taxes (comes again in December!), insurance, pre-pay for heat for the whole season (we're on propane), etc etc. I know there will be some unhappy people. But this is the best we can offer for this year.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Sorry gang.....just not feasible with all the set-up costs and unpredictability of numbers....

But don't worry, we'll just use the retro 80's design and Joust blueprints for next year's shirts.

Thanks,
    Eric

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Sorry gang.....just not feasible with all the set-up costs and unpredictability of numbers....
    But don't worry, we'll just use the retro 80's design and Joust blueprints for next year's shirts.
    Thanks,
    Eric

Even with a no go this year in shirts, I will still provide you with Vachon rations

#392 3 years ago

Clay,
    Truly amazing job navigating through Co-vid and still offering these shows. Anybody that had a previous ticket reservation, signing up for one of these new shows was so easy and straightforward. Great job!

#393 3 years ago

This will be my first VFW show! I'm super excited even though it has to happen like this. Anything I should know in advance?

I'll be there this Saturday from 3:00 to 7:00.

#394 3 years ago

Canada will return to represent.

Besides, you have the only Alien I know of.....

Al's Garage Band, every title I previously owned.

Don't get a Heavy Metal, let me have something not in the collection.

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wanimal:

Anything I should know in advance?

It will be impossible to play everything. Concentrate on games you’ve never played and play everything only once to maximize your exposure. Stay away from modern games that are common and can play everywhere.

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be impossible to play everything. Concentrate on games you’ve never played and play everything only once to maximize your exposure. Stay away from modern games that are common and can play everywhere.

Aligned with this approach, I've been 4 years in a row and have kept track of every game I've played, only a handful I've played more than once... we've covred 167 games so far.

One of the games I played more than once was @chuckwurt's Luci I believe, the game was perfect, loved it!

#397 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Aligned with this approach, I've been 4 years in a row and have kept track of every game I've played, only a handful I've played more than once... we've covred 167 games so far.
    One of the games I played more than once was chuckwurt's Luci I believe, the game was perfect, loved it!

Nice! Glad people enjoyed that and WWF.

#398 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! Glad people enjoyed that and WWF.

I've always wanted to meet you at the show, but never shure who you are.

We've probably crossed paths multiple times too.

Problem is, I never see Chevy Chase at the show, so I'm lost

#399 3 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I've always wanted to meet you at the show, but never shure who you are.
    We've probably crossed paths multiple times too.
    Problem is, I never see Chevy Chase at the show, so I'm lost

So funny. People tell me all the time they are actually surprised I don’t look like him. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/user/chuckwurt

My wife and I loved this show so I plan to come back in 2021.

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

So funny. People tell me all the time they are actually surprised I don’t look like him. Haha.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/chuckwurt
    My wife and I loved this show so I plan to come back in 2021.

Definitely crossed paths, even spoken casually .

Nice to not meet you lol

I'm sure we can finally meet one day.

I may actually be a giant chicken though

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.