(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png
    There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
    #151 4 years ago

Whitmore Lake Tavern lookin good this year. Cause it's kinda the only option lol. I'm guessin it's 1000 times lamer than hangin with one of you MI boys for the Fri/Sat after party. Who's flippin shit up late night?

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Whitmore Lake Tavern lookin good this year. Cause it's kinda the only option lol. I'm guessin it's 1000 times lamer than hangin with one of you MI boys for the Fri/Sat after party. Who's flippin shit up late night?

You're welcome to come hang at my place Saturday night,I could host Friday night also but would need a heads up to take the night off work.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chron:

This sounds great! The guys at wizards world said great things about this! I got 3 tickets for my pin buds and I

So hype!

#154 4 years ago

In need of a single reservation for Saturday if anyone has one that they are not going to be able to use. My technically challenged friend flubbed-up his reservation attempt back when they were available and didn't realize it until they were long sold out

NEED (resized).jpgNEED (resized).jpg
    #155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

You're welcome to come hang at my place Saturday night,I could host Friday night also but would need a heads up to take the night off work.

Hey man that's awesome of ya to offer! How far from the show do you live?

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

About as far as you!

#158 4 years ago

Looks like one of you ticket scavengers may be in luck.

I have a Saturday ticket available, as I will be on a plane for part of the day. This is disappointing for me, but I guess the time has come for me to miss a VFW

First come first serve, so pm me, do not want a frenzy here in the thread.

#159 4 years ago

Damn, now I have to find another fellow Canuck to talk up poutine and rail blockades.

Any word on T shirts or Posters ???

Still no bites on finding marquees.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Looks like one of you ticket scavengers may be in luck.
    I have a Saturday ticket available, as I will be on a plane for part of the day. This is disappointing for me, but I guess the time has come for me to miss a VFW
    First come first serve, so pm me, do not want a frenzy here in the thread.

PM sent!

#161 4 years ago

Have had a handful of PM's. Responding now for everyone.

If somehow they don't go, I will repost here, but at this rate, I'd be surprised if they're not gone by lunch.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Damn, now I have to find another fellow Canuck to talk up poutine and rail blockades.
    Any word on T shirts or Posters ???
    Still no bites on finding marquees.

Sorry man. Trust me, I really wanted to be there. Booked a family vacation and flight home has me landing at 3pm on the Saturday.

Not sure making the 4 hr drive at that point will net me much show time. Lol

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

About 45 minutes south

#164 4 years ago

Ticket has been claimed by another member here, sorry to those who messaged me after. Good luck finding something.

Enjoy the show everyone, I will be missing it all.

Still looking to pick up a shirt or something, so I'm waiting on echo victor to chime in.

PM's have all been responded to.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

In need of a single reservation for Saturday if anyone has one that they are not going to be able to use. My technically challenged friend flubbed-up his reservation attempt back when they were available and didn't realize it until they were long sold out[quoted image]

I wasn't the one that received the ticket... So still need one. Just PM me and save posting and having to respond to a bunch of people if you need to unload a single Saturday reservation. Please!

#166 4 years ago

Well I know one person who is not going to VFW now due to fear of Corona virus. That sucks.
    Don't ask me for ticket information, I'm still working on him to get him to go. If he remains dead set on not going, he can sell it here.

#167 4 years ago

I highly doubt that the virus would survive with the amount of toxic gas that is always floating around from the crop dusting. Also, a way to help with your immune system is to drink a lot of alcohol.

#168 4 years ago

We'll know more next week when the UofM students return from spring break from all over the world.
    O

#169 4 years ago

Cue the classic star trek soundtrack....

1 week later
    #170 4 years ago

People are asking about the April 25/26, 2020 Ann Arbor vfw show and the virus stuff. As of right now, the show is still on. There are a couple reasons we are not canceling as of right now...

First we are 7 weeks out. That's a fair amount of time to see where this all goes.

Seconds we own the venue. So we can easily postpone the show and/or change/cancel the date as needed, without trouble (at least on our end.)

Third we are a small show. We have less tickets available than there are games! We've always done it that way to keep the crowds down, so everyone can play every game without any lines. Compared to say Texas (with about the same number of games) that probably gets 5000 to 10,000 people, we have hundreds of guests, not thousands. Probably have a couple hundred people per day, not thousands! So the scale is completely different. Most state officials say if there are more than 500 people at an event, it should be canceled. We are well below this each day.

But here's the bottom line.... 7 to 15 days before the show, we will make a final decision, and post it here. If we have to postpone, our tentative 'rain date' will move the show to May 16/17, 2020. If things are still not safe, will will move the show to September 26/27 (most likely, depends on the Michigan football schedule).

thank you!

Added over 4 years ago:

Looks like we are going to postpone to September 19 and 20th. There is a Michigan football game that weekend but it’s out of conference against a smaller school, shouldn’t impact us too badly

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

People are asking about the April 25/26, 2020 Ann Arbor vfw show and the virus stuff. As of right now, the show is still on. There are a couple reasons we are not canceling as of right now...
    First we are 7 weeks out. That's a fair amount of time to see where this all goes.
    Seconds we own the venue. So we can easily postpone the show and/or change/cancel the date as needed, without trouble (at least on our end.)
    Third we are a small show. We have less tickets available than there are games! We've always done it that way to keep the crowds down, so everyone can play every game without any lines. Compared to say Texas (with about the same number of games) that probably gets 5000 to 10,000 people, we have hundreds of guests, not thousands. Probably have a couple hundred people per day, not thousands! So the scale is completely different. Most state officials say if there are more than 500 people at an event, it should be canceled. We are well below this each day.
    But here's the bottom line.... 7 to 15 days before the show, we will make a final decision, and post it here. If we have to postpone, our tentative 'rain date' will move the show to May 16/17, 2020. If things are still not safe, will will move the show to September 26/27 (most likely, depends on the Michigan football schedule).
    thank you!

Clay you're THE BEST!
    Had such a blast last year, hope this year works out too.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Clay you're THE BEST!
    Had such a blast last year, hope this year works out too.

I mean we were basically going to be drinking purell in the parking lot anyway.

#173 4 years ago

LOL.
    My flipper skills + 151 proof= oh sorry I fell down is it still my ball?

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

thank you!

Nice work Clay! I look forward to the show, whenever it is!

#175 4 years ago

With a potential delay, my absence and subsequent ticket sale may have been pre-emptive.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

With a potential delay, my absence and subsequent ticket sale may have been pre-emptive.</blockquote
    I know a guy who will trade a roll of toilet paper for your ticket.

#177 4 years ago

Appreciate the update and fully understand. Both rain dates work for me but understand if those dates need to change too in order to accommodate the schedule of the army of volunteers required to make this fantastic show happen! Stay clean everyone

#178 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Clay. Always good to have a 'Plan B'.

#179 4 years ago

Shouldn't the crop dusting keep the corona at bay?

#180 4 years ago

As much as the show may be delayed or even cancelled (unlikely), will shirts still be available?

I always love the shirts, and even without the show, wonder if there might be something.

If the design/color is good, I'd be happy to support and buy a shirt.

I'm sure others would too, and maybe offer the glasses and stuff that were done in previous years.

Maybe a pre-order only type deal or something to that affect.

Just trying to find ways to still support such an awesome collection, even if I do have time sit this one out, or hopefully just wait.

#181 4 years ago
    AFB90E60-4B65-4CC0-B77C-AA08E6E5B46E (resized).jpegAFB90E60-4B65-4CC0-B77C-AA08E6E5B46E (resized).jpeg
    #182 4 years ago

Knee Jerk Governor's TEMPORARY ORDER ends April 5. The Showcase is April 25 / 26.

#183 4 years ago

Yeah that’s hopefully what will save this event is that it ends on the 5th. Hopefully if things get back under control they will not need to extend the prohibition.

Unfortunately Michigan Masters fell in this period and got canceled

#184 4 years ago

Great response Clay!

#185 4 years ago

It really looks like we’re gonna be going with the VFW show on September 19 and 20th. There is a Michigan game that weekend, but it’s out of conference and probably will be a smaller crowd

Still hoping for May 16/17, but that is probably too soo.

#186 4 years ago

Football, schmootball. I have a chance to go now!

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

September 19 and 20th. There is a Michigan game

Arkansas State, not a big rivalry.

#188 4 years ago

Finally an opportunity to wear all my Arkansas State gear.

#189 4 years ago
    ak state (resized).jpgak state (resized).jpg
    #190 4 years ago

We may actually look back a year from this and laugh we thought they would play football by then

#191 4 years ago

1 vote for t shirts/posters with cancelled stamped on them (maybe a biohazard symbol)

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

1 vote for t shirts/posters with cancelled stamped on them (maybe a biohazard symbol)

How about some toilet paper with the VFW logo on it ?

#193 4 years ago

With the date moved to September are all ticket holders for the new date still committed? Anyone looking to sell two or three tickets for Saturday?

#194 4 years ago

Flipper coil packed into the middle of the roll.

#195 4 years ago

Still holding on to my tickets! They’ll be collector items one day

Thanks for the update Clay.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

How about some toilet paper with the VFW logo on it ?

No need as the facility is Bidet equipped.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

As much as the show may be delayed or even cancelled (unlikely), will shirts still be available?
    I always love the shirts, and even without the show, wonder if there might be something.
    If the design/color is good, I'd be happy to support and buy a shirt.
    I'm sure others would too, and maybe offer the glasses and stuff that were done in previous years.
    Maybe a pre-order only type deal or something to that affect.
    Just trying to find ways to still support such an awesome collection, even if I do have time sit this one out, or hopefully just wait.

Hey all,

while the final show date may be delayed, we are still hard at work on this year's T-shirt designs. As has been the case for the past two years, there will be a multi-color print "Showcase" shirt, and a single color print "Club" shirt.

Here's a little teaser of this year's "Showcase" design...

VFW 2020 preview (resized).JPGVFW 2020 preview (resized).JPG

Once I have the art finalized, I'll be posting the shirt designs as usual here on Pinside, and accepting pre-orders. I'd advise that anyone that thinks they might want a shirt to pre-order, since due to the uncertainty in today's goings on, we're likely going to have less inventory for sale on the acutal show days.

As always, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
    while the final show date may be delayed, we are still hard at work on this year's T-shirt designs. As has been the case for the past two years, there will be a multi-color print "Showcase" shirt, and a single color print "Club" shirt.
    Here's a little teaser of this year's "Showcase" design...
    [quoted image]
    Once I have the art finalized, I'll be posting the shirt designs as usual here on Pinside, and accepting pre-orders. I'd advise that anyone that thinks they might want a shirt to pre-order, since due to the uncertainty in today's goings on, we're likely going to have less inventory for sale on the acutal show days.
    As always, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Eric V.

I'm liking the colours so far

#199 4 years ago

ooooooh 80's neon design. Very nice!!!

#200 4 years ago

Long sleeve t-shirt option too please? I hope so.

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.