Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 583 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Mafia_Metals
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
    #551 7 months ago

wow this got moderated pretty quickly lmao

#552 7 months ago

No comment

#553 7 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

no hugs unless you guys get vaccinated, loose serious weight, grow nice tits, loose your dick, and start to look pretty...

Not gonna happen unless you wash your filthy mouth out with soap. XD

#554 7 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

...we are talking about decreasing the number of tickets sold too. just to keep the numbers down even more...

Any thought of limiting purchases to only a single 1 day ticket (i.e. you can't go both days)? Might be a little messy to implement or people could still cheat the system by having a friend buy, but at least it might let more people attend.

#555 7 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

So If I want to make it to your show next year and am not vaccinated , I get rejected??

Pfizer ceo said today there's going to be a 3rd shot next year and probably shots every year after like a flu shot. Ill sure as hell never get one but invested plenty of money in the manufacturers last year. As long as there's money to be made this will never end.

#556 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

Pfizer ceo said today there's going to be a 3rd shot next year and probably shots every year after like a flu shot. Ill sure as hell never get one but invested plenty of money in the manufacturers last year. As long as there's money to be made this will never end.

Why are you so afraid of a vaccine with a 99.9999999999% survival rate (that's the line, right )?

#557 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Whom know what 2022 holds.

the Shadow knows.

#558 7 months ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Why are you so afraid of a vaccine with a 99.9999999999% survival rate (that's the line, right )?

I wonder why if the manufacturers are so sure and positive that no ill effects will take place, then why are they fully immune from lawsuits??

#559 7 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

I wonder why if the manufacturers are so sure and positive that no ill effects will take place, then why are they fully immune from lawsuits??

The same reason people seem so sure nothing bad will happen to them or others from covid, I'd guess. I mean you're definitely not using any of their other products then since you don't trust them, right? Probably should stop before I get moderated...I'll let you know how the show goes, sounds like it will be a great time!

#560 7 months ago

#561 7 months ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

People that already had covid are told to not vaccinate so they are banned from entering?

This is not true.

If you were TREATED for COVID (which most are not), you are supposed to wait 90 days, which is well before this show anyway:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

"Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine."

#562 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

At some point I’m guessing you will have to show proof of vaccination to travel by air, attend concerts, conventions, sporting events, go overseas, etc.

#563 7 months ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

At some point I’m guessing you will have to show proof of vaccination to travel by air, attend concerts, conventions, sporting events, go overseas, etc.</blockquote

This is not true.
    If you were TREATED for COVID (which most are not), you are supposed to wait 90 days, which is well before this show anyway:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
    "Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.
    If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine."

After I posted I looked into it again and saw that too. They must of updated the protocol because I swear I read a few weeks ago not to get it if you've had it but things change, now there saying 3 shots instead of 2.

#564 7 months ago

That's the good part aboot having to show proof of vaccination; it's takes all extraneous information out of the equation.

Like, how you feel aboot vaccines, weather you think it's fair, if big pharma is behind it, you're own wacky immunization theories you've read online...etc.
    You won't have to think or explain any of it. If you have a card you can get in, if not you can't.

This way we can cut down on telling you again & again that none of us give 2 shits aboot what you think.

#565 7 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the good part aboot having to show proof of vaccination; it's takes all extraneous information out of the equation.
    Like, how you feel aboot vaccines, weather you think it's fair, if big pharma is behind it, you're own wacky immunization theories you've read online...etc.
    You won't have to think or explain any of it. If you have a card you can get in, if not you can't.
    This way we can cut down on telling you again & again that none of us give 2 shits aboot what you think.

It's just lame to go to a show you have to have faith in mega corporations that have lied about their products before. Health workers can't be forced into taking because its still technically experimental. So you have to take a technically and legally experimental drug to play pinball. Awesome...

#566 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

It's just lame to go to a show you have to have faith in mega corporations that have lied about their products before. Health workers can't be forced into taking because its still technically experimental. So you have to take a technically and legally experimental drug to play pinball. Awesome...

So, can we count you in?

#567 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

You don't have to come, that's the best part! The "freedom" you have rallied so hard for for the past year has arrived and business owners will make their own choices.

As the deniers have chanted for the last year, if you're scared stay home, remember?

#568 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

You can play all the pinball you want in a public setting.

VFW is private property, solely owned by Clay Harrell.

For the show, can set any *reasonable* rules he wants to.

His house, his games, his rules.

If anyone has a problem with the conditions for attendance, they do not have the attend.

#569 7 months ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You don't have to come, that's the best part! The "freedom" you have rallied so hard for for the past year has arrived and business owners will make their own choices.
    As the deniers have chanted for the last year, if you're scared stay home, remember?

Quoted from nsduprr:

If anyone has a problem with the conditions for attendance, they do not have the attend.

You right. Im not arguing. Just a point a view.

#570 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

Both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been proven to be safe by hundreds of doctors and scientists. I don't think all of the researchers, doctors, the government, state officials, and Bill Gates are in on some conspiracy. Thankfully no one is forcing anyone to take it.

Also, researches at Sandford University reverse engineered the Moderna vaccine, proving it's intended use and nothing else.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/scientists-reverse-engineer-mrna-sequence-of-moderna-vaccine-68640

#571 7 months ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

^^That pretty much sums it up.

Back to the show itself, and not COVID: VFW guys - what about my comment (#554) above about trying to limit buying a ticket for only 1 day to allow for more different people to attend? Any interest or not practical?

#572 7 months ago

I don't get the flu shot because the one time I did, I was bad sick for four months. Afterward my boss told me that his uncle got the flu shot and ended up with brain swelling and was made into a vegetable. Family pulled the plug and he died.

I will probably get this covid vaccine myself, mainly because I see it as required to return to the office someday.

But my wife has MS and it is not worth the risk for a relapse. She will remain unvaccinated.

She don't go, I don't go. And we have gone to every Saturday event since it started and really loved it.

End of the line for VFW, for us.

#573 7 months ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

so why did Johnson & Johsnon pull their 1 shot vax off the market ???
    I heard this on NPR the other day confirmed by Rite Aid pharmacy

#574 7 months ago

I thought this was vfw talk not vaccination talk? All I know is I have my two shots and I get to go play when the show comes in the fall.

#575 7 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

so why did Johnson & Johsnon pull their 1 shot vax off the market ???
    I heard this on NPR the other day confirmed by Rite Aid pharmacy

We both have the same Google. Anything I tell you would be dismissed anyway.

#576 7 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

... above about trying to limit buying a ticket for only 1 day to allow for more different people to attend? Any interest or not practical?

Everything involving tickets and time is being discussed, thanks.

#577 7 months ago

Will kids under 16 not be admitted then? I bring mine every year , but the vaccine isn't available for kids.

#578 7 months ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Will kids under 16 not be admitted then? I bring mine every year , but the vaccine isn't available for kids.

I'll bet a bag of rusty balls that the answer is * * no.

#579 7 months ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

I'll bet a bag of rusty balls that the answer is * * no.

Good bet.

#580 7 months ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

Not to derail this, but you have the slightest fucking clue how drug approvals work? This is my industry and my living. The vaccines are not "technically" experimental. They are FDA approved. The COVID cocktails are under emergency use authorization, but only because supply worries made the government not want to move to FDA approval with open access.

We don't get to "lie" about our products. If we do, we get sued out of existence. Not by the private citizen, but by the biggest healthcare consumer in the U.S. - the federal government. One good thing about COVID is it did manage to put a highlighter on the absurdly large number of ill-informed, ignorant or outright stupid people in this country.

#581 7 months ago

robotron911 slowly walks in and drops the mic!

#582 7 months ago

I used to work for Pfizer for almost 15 years and helped bring Lipitor and other drugs to market. i agree with the robotron911.

4 months later
    #583 89 days ago

Bought my ticket for the Sunday show. I can't wait to go again for my second time! Hopefully next year it'll be back to normal with a full house, I would like to experience that!

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside