(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png
    There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
    #501 3 years ago

My wife and I loved the mini show. It wasn't as loud as it would be with all the people and the running machines of a full show. It was also amazing that there was no wait anywhere so I got to play dozens of different machines.

I would also go to a full show. An all-day thing would be cool, but since I'm local it was definitely worth the short drive for a 4 hour stint.

#502 3 years ago

Thanks for putting on the mini shows Clay. I went with a small group last Saturday and we had a blast! Can't wait for the next one, be it full or mini, I am in!

#503 3 years ago

Edit: And they are gone.

I've got two reservations for the VFW show this Saturday from 3-7 pm. We cannot make it now. Anyone interested?
    You can PayPal me the $20 for the reservations and I will have Clay switch them to your name.

First come, first serve.

#504 3 years ago

This is the last weekend of the mini shows....

#505 3 years ago

Myself and my brother in law Were first time attendees this evening. The show was absolutely fantastic. Aside from the random chick with no mask screaming F-Bombs at her boyfriend, We were both very impressed with not only the massive amount of games, but the condition Of each game, and overall feel for the venue and setup. Couldn’t have been more then 20-25 people max. Got to play every game As many times as I wanted, and still had games On my list I wasn’t able to get to.... It truly is a pinheads dream. 4 hrs flew by and even met some nice folks from Indy. God I wish this place was open year round!! Great job Clay and staff.... Can’t wait until next year!!!

#506 3 years ago

Get that farmer across the road to grow weed and you won't be able to get rid of us.

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Get that farmer across the road to grow weed and you won't be able to get rid of us.

Go East one or two properties for your needs....

#508 3 years ago

Just got back from the last mini show. My first time there. My mind is blown. Thanks to Clay and company for all the work and dedication to make this happen. So many great games and they were all working perfectly. I will absolutely be back.

#509 3 years ago

Clay and the Orange shirts thank you for allowing us, the unwashed masses to come experience pinball nirvana. Thank you for still running something for the public during all this craziness. Thank you for your weekends. The wife and I decided at the last minute to come up this Sunday and use our reservations. We wanted to support VFW pinball any way we could and we figured cold hard cash was the perfect way to do that. On the drive up we discussed that at least we would contribute to keep such an awesome collection going regardless if a show was held or not. Please let the pinball community take care of something that is truly one of a kind. Thank you once again.

#510 3 years ago

Attended on Saturday, and it was great. Four hours goes quick.
    Although it was great, I think I prefer the "big show" to the "small show".
    It was really great to just walk up and play any game at any time. But I did miss talking to people and seeing folks that I haven't seen in months.
    The idea of texting Clay for any problems seems great, but never had to test the system as I never had a problem with even a single game.
    I really like the atmosphere of lots of people and lots of games being played. Few people and pretty quiet is great, but very different.
    Surprised to see the new addition on the building farthest back, and even more games than before. The size of the facility and number of games is getting to be astounding.
    It was interesting to actually hear the sound on each game, rather than the constant loud background from lots of people and games.
    Very weird to walk up to games that aren't even turned on already and start playing in an arcade type setting.
    Still, I think I prefer a bigger show with lots of people, food, t-shirts, and the whole deal.
    Very happy that Clay and crew figured out a way to do something, but hope you can go back to the big show.
    Thanks to the VFW crew!

1 week later
    #511 3 years ago

I did not realize that Michigan was such a hotbed for revolutionaries.
    I am betting TheLAW was running undercover for the FBI
    to help bring down the "plot".

Everyone stay safe there.

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Terry Nichols/Tim Mcvie anyone? Big goddamn state and they are everywhere. I'm no friends with right wing wack jobs that's for sure...can't say The Man loves me that much either

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am betting TheLAW was running undercover for the FBI
    to help bring down the "plot".
    Everyone stay safe there.

Google Norm Olson/ Michigan Militia for details. They have been in the news before.

#514 3 years ago

More shows!
    Gotta fund a GnR

#515 3 years ago

Came out on the 27th, in the morning, and it was awesome.

I will admit that I've never been to the full show at the VFW, and I'm less than an hour away. However, having that collection almost to myself was really fun. I got to play anything I wanted for as many games as I wanted, and I could mostly enjoy the music and sound effects as well (I do wish the TNA was turned up a little more).
    I am fairly new to this hobby, and I plan on visiting the VFW ANYTIME it's open to the public.

I'm also more than happy to volunteer if any additional hands are ever needed..

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

I'm also more than happy to volunteer if any additional hands are ever needed..

See the first post in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-brighton-mi-needs-your-help

#517 3 years ago

Left wing freak shows are welcome

1 month later
    #518 3 years ago

Any idea when tickets will be available for the 2021 show? Just guessing not at the first of the year like usual?

#519 3 years ago

at this point we don't know when the 2021 show will actually occur, much less tickets.

#520 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

at this point we don't know when the 2021 show will actually occur

Lloyd : So you are telling me there is a chance!

4 months later
    #521 3 years ago

Are we getting close?

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from flyhigh:

Are we getting close?

Last time I checked the VFW website, it was tentatively scheduled for Oct 2/3.

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Last time I checked the VFW website, it was tentatively scheduled for Oct 2/3.

It depends on what the governor will allow % of capacity. I think proof of being vaccinated may be required. A lot of the club members are in the high risk groups. Like me being over 60

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I think proof of being vaccinated may be required.

You can count on that.

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

It depends on what the governor will allow % of capacity. I think proof of being vaccinated may be required. A lot of the club members are in the high risk groups. Like me being over 60

Quoted from TheLaw:

You can count on that.

OK by me, 2nd Pfizer shot was 3/17.

#526 3 years ago

With all the crop dusting going on during previous shows I’m surprised face masks weren’t a thing already back then. Maybe requiring proof you haven’t eaten beans or cabbage recently would help.

#527 3 years ago

We are thinking oct 2/3, 2021 for the show. and YES vaccination proof will be required to gain entrance. the vfw membership is 100% vaccinated. and to keep everyone safe, we will require all attendees to show proof of vaccination.

on face masks, it would be great if people wore them. but with everyone vaccinated, it probably won't be mandatory.

we are talking about decreasing the number of tickets sold too. just to keep the numbers down even more. i don't think i'm comfortable with the show sizes of the past, given the current situation. but no decision has been made about that just yet.

the big problem is we don't know how things are going to go with the virus this summer. that will dictate a lot.

#528 3 years ago

Hopefully the show will go on! Best show I’ve ever been to, by far! Would love to see VFW open more often..(a boy can dream)

#529 3 years ago

the big problem is we don't know how things are going to go with the virus this summer. that will dictate a lot.

well Michigan is not off to a great start with its current surge.
    Looking on the bright side, maybe everyone will have been infected (& survived) by end of summer.

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Looking on the bright side, maybe everyone will have been infected (& survived) by end of summer.

Having survived won't give you a vacc card.

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

With all the crop dusting going on during previous shows I’m surprised face masks weren’t a thing already back then. Maybe requiring proof you haven’t eaten beans or cabbage recently would help.

The amount of talk about farts related to the event kind of makes me want to avoid it.

#532 3 years ago

This event is no different than any other when it comes to crop dusting. At least you can move somewhere else if needed. Even the smaller events like Schudel’s party aren’t immune.

#533 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Trust the science. Vaccinations taking place, social distancing and masks yet Michigan's case rate is the highest. Either false positives or something that rhymes with "molitix".

#534 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Trust the science. Vaccinations taking place, social distancing and masks yet Michigan's case rate is the highest. Either false positives or something that rhymes with "molitix".

Yes sir. I've been to Florida and Nashville tn in the last month and things are wide open. Nashville last weekend was as busy as I've ever seen it thousands of maskless people on Broadway, 100s packed in bars yet everyone is fine...

#535 3 years ago

Something something ... stoopid people... something something...no masks....something something... Easter get togethers .... something something.... Covid forth wave.

I dunno. How does this Covid thing spread again? It's almost like it's a virus.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Something something ... stoopid people... something something...no masks....something something... Easter get togethers .... something something.... Covid forth wave.
    I dunno. How does this Covid thing spread again? It's almost like it's a virus.

I agree with your post, but to add....

Something something....vaccine shortage......something something.... Shut down vaccine clinics.... Something something.... Delay second doses.... Something something.... Hot spot negligence.... Something something ..... Eligibility rules are horribly written (in Canada)

#537 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Or it's human nature in it's basest form. Michigan was among the most restrictive states. When restrictions were lifted, MANY people basically said, "Eff it, I've been deprived for too long of the things I want to do" and basically did whatever they wanted. Call is "rebound effect".

I personally know of seven families in our immediate friends circles where EVERYONE got it. Why? Because they didn't follow social distancing and weren't diligent wearing masks.

Just a case of people who can't delay gratification. Shocking.

#538 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We are thinking oct 2/3, 2021 for the show. and YES vaccination proof will be required to gain entrance. the vfw membership is 100% vaccinated. and to keep everyone safe, we will require all attendees to show proof of vaccination.
    on face masks, it would be great if people wore them. but with everyone vaccinated, it probably won't be mandatory.
    we are talking about decreasing the number of tickets sold too. just to keep the numbers down even more. i don't think i'm comfortable with the show sizes of the past, given the current situation. but no decision has been made about that just yet.

So If I want to make it to your show next year and am not vaccinated , I get rejected??

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

So If I want to make it to your show next year and am not vaccinated , I get rejected??

Sounds like it

#540 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

2021 is this year, so for this year, you will need proof of vaccination. Come 2022, I'm sure they'll see what things look like.

#541 3 years ago

Good thing I just got my second shot. That means I can give Clay a big hug!!!

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Good thing I just got my second shot. That means I can give Clay a big hug!!!

But you are banned from my game room for 14 days while you quarantine your contagious ass and who would want a hug from Clay? I think you'd have a better reception from a badger.

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Whom know what 2022 holds.

#544 3 years ago

I Must add, This thread is making me laugh out loud with all the speak of gas and Hugs

#546 3 years ago

no hugs unless you guys get vaccinated, loose serious weight, grow nice tits, loose your dick, and start to look pretty...

#547 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

no hugs unless you guys get vaccinated, loose serious weight, grow nice tits, loose your dick, and start to look pretty...

All possible in 2021!!

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I've lost over 10% of my body weight recently,have nice tits,suffer from micropenis and have been told I look pretty when you're drunk. what will 4 out of 5 get me?

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

I'm keeping my 6 inches of steel, so how about we meet in the middle with a firm handshake with eye contact.

#550 3 years ago

So Caitlyn Jenner fits the bill?

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/11?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.