Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1473B340-8E77-4B85-8F3F-BCF7E149C967 (resized).jpeg
    8E8274AE-0EEC-46F1-980F-6D5035D492CF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago

I marked my 15th year in the hobby this past year and my observations are:

50's GTB's - when I 1st started collecting any woodrail was $1000 or more with your sought after titles more of course. Now, these same woodrails are going for $700 and up. I sold an original unrestored working Knock Out for $4400 in 2017. Couldn't sell a nice KO project for anymore than $2000 in 2019 and it was on the market for 6 months (the guys that bought the repro playfields all finished their games and demand dropped). I was going to restore it but used the money to buy a ball bowler instead.

60's GTB's - I remember any wedgeheads with backglass animation were selling for around $1200 ea., (nice and working) Central Park, Skyline, etc.. Now, you can get them much cheaper. Titles like Kings and Queens, Buckaroo (nice and working), etc., were selling for $2200 - they're much lower now too. I think when one person (a non-hobbyist) lists a game lower than what we think it's worth , other people that sell theirs saw that lower price (on Facebook marketplace for instance) and lists theirs lower too.

70's GTB's - At the beginning it seemed as if you had the pick of the litter in small - mid sized cities as they're were not as many hobbyists back then. Lot's of good deals in the $250 - $400 range for desirable 70's games. They're harder to find in my area now as I see less of them listed but I see lots of Bally & Williams common titles just sit there and get relisted.

So, it seems as the people that played these games get older and die off, the cheaper they become - except desirable/rare titles. Some have even mentioned that in the future people might be buying them for a piece of furniture (nostalgia) and not so much to play - yikes. The same thing is happening with lower prices on slot machines, juke boxes, etc..

JMO

EM's still rule though!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-trends-in-the-em-pinball-market?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.