Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1473B340-8E77-4B85-8F3F-BCF7E149C967 (resized).jpeg
    8E8274AE-0EEC-46F1-980F-6D5035D492CF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Learmud:

I’m perplexed by the high prices being asked for a great deal of all these machines. I understand folks don’t understand the time and expense involved just to get it up and running and just want something for the ‘ole family relic. Some of the high demanding prices from these family basement relics is everyone researches online now -but no one reads the details. What they see is the high price tags and can’t help but think they got gold…
    On the flip side the well shopped and fully restored pins are true works of art, I celebrate your passion truly, however in my opinion, with passion comes some overspending on the actual value of these machines as well. No different than the car lover or anything really. The market will correct itself and prices will come down to something realistic, I enjoy watching the price set high, no bites then it’s lowered and lowered till it sells.
    I normally don’t win because my budgets is set low and I’m not willing to overspend when I can see the parts needed (not the work). Personally I’m a hobbyist, I like some age and wear on a family loved pin. I don’t need perfect but I like the challenge to refurbish. The hacks are a work of art in its own right, people trying to fix something they don’t understand…of courses it’s got to go and it does help to point out the true value and expense of what they have.
    Easier said than done but I caution the temptation to over pay.

Well said. I agree 100%.

As far as EM prices jumping up in recent years I believe it's just a symptom of overall pinflation. I used to buy 90's Williams and Bally games for $1K each in the '00s, now they go for 6 or 7 times that amount all day long. Sooner or later these increases were going to start affecting the percieved value of the more popular EMs.

I too had no particular nostalgic fondness for EMs, I was introduced to pinball on early SS machines (BK, Gorgar, etc.). But over time I've been exposed to many at shows and tournaments and have grown very fond of their charms. At this point I think I could be happy if all I could afford were broken down EMs to fix up and play if it came to that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-trends-in-the-em-pinball-market?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.