Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ryanbrooks
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which 2019 rumored Stern title excites you the most?”

• BK3000 54 votes
      31%
    • Jurassic World 54 votes
      31%
    • Jaws 64 votes
      37%

(172 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DBF0F435-1380-4AA3-8F84-B4A1BC45C095 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Based on Kaneda’s last podcast, he announces he is very confident that Bk3000, Jurassic World and Jaws will be the next three titles based on his connections/sources. What title excites you the most of the 3?

#2 5 years ago

BK3000 or Getaway 3 will be the first and last time Stern revisits an older non-licensed theme. Everything they do has a massive commercial awareness in the public and is a primary driver of their success. BK3000 or Getaway 3 might be a success amongst this crowd of enthusiasts with an appreciation for such things but Sterns primary market is not pinside or other deeply “in the know” enthusiasts. The majority of their customer base will look at this title and go “....huh?.....when’s the next cool theme??!” And then proceed to wait for Jurassic World or whatever. I respect and applaud stern for taking this risky experiment to the market but see little reason to think it will be even remotely as successful as any of their tentpole licensed games. Maybe if it’s a limited run? They have to be self aware enough not to expect this sort of title to meet the same sales and market penetration metrics as say, Deadpool or any other wildly know themed game.

#3 5 years ago

He made another podcast unfortunately saying that jaws ain't happening but who knows. Jurassic world is a shut up and take my money theme for me I just love all things Jurassic park related. Steve Ritchie unlicensed theme is a pass for me.

#4 5 years ago

crap. Didn’t hear the no jaws pod cast. My heart is <\3, smashed in to a billion pieces

#5 5 years ago

Jurassic World would be an excellent theme to help draw in the younger generations. My kids would resonate with it well. Is it expected to release in 2019? Seems odd between their 2018 release of Fallen Kingdom and their next planned release 2 years away in 2021.

#6 5 years ago

Poll needs a "None of the Above"

#7 5 years ago

Dang Jaws isn’t happening? Any more rumors about a new Bond game?

#8 5 years ago

I was into the Superman '78 rumor over any of these. A battle for Pinball, Justice, and the American Way.

I also think Chris' sources have withered and dried up and he's grasping at straws but I guess time will tell on that.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

=. Steve Ritchie unlicensed theme is a pass for me.

Really?!

Flash? Firepower? High Speed, F-14, HS2...these are killer freakin games man!

Although I admit I was hoping for Rollergames 2: The Devastation! myself.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?!
    Flash? Firepower? High Speed, F-14, HS2...these are killer freakin games man!
    Although I admit I was hoping for Rollergames 2: The Devastation! myself.

Roller games 2 shit just got real now.

#11 5 years ago

As there are so many conflicting rumors may as well add these to list!

1. Led Zeppelin
    2. Motley Crue
    3. Rush
    4. Bon Jovi
    5. Slayer
    6. James Bond
    7. Elvira 3
    8. Beetlejuice
    9. Superman 78
    10. Harry Potter
    11. Stranger Things

Any others?!

#12 5 years ago

It’s certainly not next but hopefully next Fall......

DBF0F435-1380-4AA3-8F84-B4A1BC45C095 (resized).jpegDBF0F435-1380-4AA3-8F84-B4A1BC45C095 (resized).jpeg
    #13 5 years ago

A Slayer table would be bananas.

I'd love to see them go a different route than rock/metal and throw in something fun like a Daft Punk or Gorillaz table.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Poll needs a "None of the Above"

Poll also needs a "Who cares?"

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Poll also needs a "Who cares?"

That would kind of be a dumb poll because it's the thing Pinside cares most about more than anything on the planet.

There are people here who would legit kill orphans for definitive first-access-proof of "the next game."

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are people here who would legit kill orphans for definitive first-access-proof of "the next game."

or if they were making too much noise, disrupting traffic, affecting the line at the bank or anywhere else really any kind of inconvience at all and for "first access proof.

#17 5 years ago

None of those themes would be super exciting for me, but it's really hard to sell me on theme anyway. I would be more interested in some general themes like Attack From Mars (aliens), Cactus Canyon (wild west), Medieval Madness (middle ages), etc. The few unlicensed games that we've gotten were a bit to specific: Dialed In (cell phones) and Oktoberfest (drinking at a carnival). Give me an unlicensed game based on Greek mythology, wizards, kaiju‎, steam punk, post apocalypse, or swords and sorcery. I'd actually be super interested in a new wild west game too.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That would kind of be a dumb poll because it's the thing Pinside cares most about more than anything on the planet.

Dude, settle down. And pull your pants up for Christ's sake.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

As there are so many conflicting rumors may as well add these to list!
    1. Led Zeppelin
    2. Motley Crue
    3. Rush
    4. Bon Jovi
    5. Slayer
    6. James Bond
    7. Elvira 3
    8. Beetlejuice
    9. Superman 78
    10. Harry Potter
    11. Stranger Things
    Any others?!

Out of these rumored titles if any of these games do get made the one's that would intrest me in purchasing are.

Led zeppelin would be an instant buy for me.

Motley crue instant buy for me

Jurassic world instant buy unless the game stinks

Rush I would pass unless the game is fantastic

Bon Jovi has my intrest but needs to be a good game

James bond pass for me as I already own the other two bond pins and I just don't feel like having another bond pin.

Elvira three is a pass for me as It just does not intrest me much.

Beetlejuice I would be very interested as long as the game does not stink.

Superman 78 would need to be a very good game for me to consider purchasing it.

Harry Potter is a pass for me as I never got into the movies much.

Unlicensed Ritchie games is a pass for me as unlicensed titles usually don't intrest me much.

Stranger things would be a pass unless the game is amazing.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dude, settle down. And pull your pants up for Christ's sake.

And what makes you think I'm wearing pants?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

BK3000 or Getaway 3 will be the first and last time Stern revisits an older non-licensed theme. Everything they do has a massive commercial awareness in the public and is a primary driver of their success. BK3000 or Getaway 3 might be a success amongst this crowd of enthusiasts with an appreciation for such things but Sterns primary market is not pinside or other deeply “in the know” enthusiasts. The majority of their customer base will look at this title and go “....huh?.....when’s the next cool theme??!” And then proceed to wait for Jurassic World or whatever. I respect and applaud stern for taking this risky experiment to the market but see little reason to think it will be even remotely as successful as any of their tentpole licensed games. Maybe if it’s a limited run? They have to be self aware enough not to expect this sort of title to meet the same sales and market penetration metrics as say, Deadpool or any other wildly know themed game.

If they are doing a BK3K or HS3 then you'd think they would have to do a limited run right? It's only the pinheads who will especially care about the story around the game.

They could sell at least 1,000 of Steve Ritchie's last game at a premium price. Something in line with The Beatles gold pricing and number of units. Maybe another 250 LEs that have some of the typical extra features (at the very least Steve Ritchie signature under the clear coat, but they'll probably cheap out and do it on the apron).

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

If they are doing a BK3K or HS3 then you'd think they would have to do a limited run right? It's only the pinheads who will especially care about the story around the game.
    They could sell at least 1,000 of Steve Ritchie's last game at a premium price. Something in line with The Beatles gold pricing and number of units. Maybe another 250 LEs that have some of the typical extra features (at the very least Steve Ritchie signature under the clear coat, but they'll probably cheap out and do it on the apron).

So this is what it's come to: inventing LE features that don't exist and complaining about 'em

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So this is what it's come to: inventing LE features that don't exist and complaining about 'em

I think that's pretty old hat around here

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Everything they do has a massive commercial awareness in the public and is a primary driver of their success.

Like Munsters?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well they did use to autograph games on the playfield under the clearcoat, but then they cheaped out on it. You'd hope Steve Ritchie's last game would have his signature on it. It only costs Stern a sharpie and an afternoon of Steve's time. It's cheaper than the metal plaques they throw on LEs.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well they did use to autograph games on the playfield under the clearcoat, but then they cheaped out on it. You'd hope Steve Ritchie's last game would have his signature on it. It only costs Stern a sharpie and an afternoon of Steve's time. It's cheaper than the metal plaques they throw on LEs.

Maybe that's the theme.

Steve Ritchie.

THE KING!

Can't wait for this one.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe that's the theme.
    Steve Ritchie.
    THE KING!
    Can't wait for this one.

If it was just a blinking box with Steve Ritchie callouts asking you to put in more money and stop sucking, I'd be down. Maybe some easter egg callouts from Gary about needing to pay off a beach house.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

He made another podcast unfortunately saying that jaws ain't happening but who knows. Jurassic world is a shut up and take my money theme for me I just love all things Jurassic park related. Steve Ritchie unlicensed theme is a pass for me.

so basically ….he don't have a clue!

#29 5 years ago

I want a Rush pin. I would step over my own mother to get one.

#30 5 years ago

Gossip is that JW to be announced in April. Can't wait.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

Based on Kaneda’s last podcast, he announces he is very confident that Bk3000, Jurassic World and Jaws will be the next three titles based on his connections/sources. What title excites you the most of the 3?

The only possibility here is Jurassic World. Not something I want to see but it probably makes the most sense for Stern. On the music side, now that Beatles is done, Zeppelin is probably the next logical one to push for by Stern. I do think Bob's Burgers could do it but the market may not be there. Would certainly be 3rd on the "what game makes sense next list" in my mind. I could list a dozen titles I would like to see next and it's not these 3, but pinball reality and pinball fantasy are two separate polls.

#32 5 years ago

Gomez is next up right?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Gomez is next up right?

Gomez, as VP of the designers, isn't in regular rotation. He occasionally jumps in a makes a game, but mostly manages and helps the other designers out.

In any event, he just had Deadpool out, so he wouldn't be in rotation anyway.

#34 5 years ago

Probably will not happen, but it would be pretty cool if Jurassic World was actually a Jurassic Park vault with new art and an LCD. I'm sure it would have to be SLE priced though to get a ball munchin' dinosaur in a modern pin.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Gomez, as VP of the designers, isn't in regular rotation. He occasionally jumps in a makes a game, but mostly manages and helps the other designers out.
    In any event, he just had Deadpool out, so he wouldn't be in rotation anyway.

And wasn't Deadpool mostly Gomez jumping in to take over Trudeau?

#36 5 years ago

I’m in on the next Trudeau LE. Been waiting for a while now.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

And wasn't Deadpool mostly Gomez jumping in to take over Trudeau?

That's the rumor....and fits in well with what he does now. Jumps in to help when he can, rather than a regular designer in rotation.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe that's the theme.
    Steve Ritchie.
    THE KING!
    Can't wait for this one.

That could be pretty sweet...all Ritchie wizard modes in one game

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-stern-rumor-poll?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.