(Topic ID: 234306)

2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show 8/9 & 8/10; This Week! Register your games!

By ForceFlow

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

54C688C2-E4E1-44FA-8F9B-D102F88D06D4.jpeg
    20190806215700670 (resized).jpg
    2019-preview-exhibit (resized).jpg
    film memorabilia exhibit facbook banner 2019 v2 (resized).jpg
    2019-event-photo-v3 (resized).png
    2019-event-photo-windows-v1 (resized).png
    2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-white (resized).jpg
    2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-orange (resized).jpg
    srymca-show-floor-map-2019-v2 (resized).png
    20190425150106527 (resized).jpg
    20190418183335311 (resized).jpg
    2019-tshirt-preview-v1-lg (resized).jpg
    2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.jpg
    2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.pdf (PDF preview)
    20180811104414093 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180811_173140_1 (resized).jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Yes, it's happening again in upstate NY--The 2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show!!

The show will take place again at the Saratoga Regional YMCA at 290 West Avenue in Saratoga Springs, NY on Friday & Saturday, August 9 & 10, 2019!

https://pinballsaratoga.com/

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/

The format of the 2019 show will pretty much be the same as in 2018. There will be setup on Friday, with the show starting in the afternoon, and then continuing all day Saturday, with break-down Saturday night and Sunday.

There will be an electrical capacity of 50 games in the free play area, possibly a few more. Pinball games are welcome, as are video arcade games, redemption games, bowling & shuffle alley games, skee ball, air hockey, chex hockey, rifle/gun games, racing & driving games, and pretty much any other coin operated arcade game. So, be sure to invite your arcade friends to participate and bring a game!

Register your games here: https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/game-registration/

A game list will be available here as people register: https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/volunteer/

This is also a charity event--proceeds from the show will benefit the Saratoga Regional YMCA--a local non-profit charity organization, which will also be the host for this event.

Free Play Raffle

Anyone who brings a game to the show will get in free and will be entered into the free play raffle! There will be a choice of various prizes and gift certificates in the raffle. Last year there were about 20 prizes available, so a lot of people were able to walk away with something. This year, I hope to be able to expand on that and have a few more prizes available.

Flea Market

There will be an indoor flea market with 10x6, 20x16, and 20x20 spaces at reasonable prices, which will include a table and chairs. There will also be electric available for a few of the spaces, upon request and at no extra charge. It's only $30 for 10x6 space and $65 for a 20x20! That also includes entry to the show for you and a helper. Spaces are in the center of the room on the show floor, surrounded by free play games along the outside walls, so you will be in the middle of all the action! https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/vendors-flea-market/

Special Film Memorabilia Exhibit

There will be a special film memorabilia exhibit featuring original props and costumes from a variety of movies and TV shows, including: Once Upon a Time, Electric Dreams, Stargate, Ender's Game, Chronicles of Riddick, and Dune. If anyone has original props or costumes they would like to display for everyone to enjoy and/or put up for sale, please see the details on the website: https://pinballsaratoga.com/film-memorabilia-exhibit/

Tournament

The plan will be to have the beginner-friendly PinGolf tournament again, along with a separate round of finals for the kids. Winners of the open tournament will receive 1st through 4th place medals and a portion of the cash prize pool. The top 4 players in the kids tournament will also receive 1st through 4th place medals, and a choice of the available prizes. https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/tournament/

Various Show Features

The plan is to have a food truck at the show again.

I have not fully decided yet if I will bring tempered playfield glass again this year. I will likely put out feelers a couple months or so prior to the event and possibly set up a pre-order, which should hopefully go a lot smoother this year. If it happens, I will be able to have any size cut--EM, standard, or widebody sizes, as well as backglasses for translites--so be sure to keep this in mind if you think you might need anything leading up to the show.

I will plan on having t-shirts available again this year. If anyone is interested in volunteering to help design something new, let me know. Otherwise, it will likely be similar to last year's orange/white shirts.

Charity Raffles

There may be charity gift basket raffles with items as yet to be determined. Likely some general items and some pinball related items. If you have anything you might be willing to donate, please let me know.

If anyone is willing to donate a working, plug & play ready game for a charity raffle or silent auction, please let me know. Nothing too extravagant--anything from an inexpensive EM game up to about a $1500 solid state game would probably be a good fit. Something like this could be perfect for a first-time game owner.

Volunteer

Every successful show has a strong group of volunteers, and this one is no different. We could use help with setup, assisting people with bringing in and setting up games, helping to answer questions about pinball from attendees, monitoring games for problems, and more. Any time you can offer is greatly appreciated, and volunteering for a total of only 2 hours earns you free admission into the show!

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/volunteer/

Sponsors

If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the show by providing swag, prizes, books, product samples, gift certificates, or a game for the charity auction/raffle, please let me know!

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/sponsors/

Last Word

If anyone has any suggestions for this year for feedback from the 2018 show, please let me know!

If anyone wants cards, posters, or fliers to hang up or pass around, let me know! Especially if you're heading to shows in the northeast featuring pinball, arcade games, video games, collectibles, or to a maker faire--that would be a big help for spreading the word about this fun show!

Also, don't forget that there are several activities and attractions to visit while in the Saratoga area, including the historic Saratoga Race Track! https://pinballsaratoga.com/hotels-local-attractions/

This show has grown every year so far--let’s make this bigger, better, and the best year so far!

20180811104414093 (resized).jpg20180811104414093 (resized).jpg20180810194214652 (resized).jpg20180810194214652 (resized).jpg20180811105254642 (resized).jpg20180811105254642 (resized).jpg20180811135028954_1 (resized).jpg20180811135028954_1 (resized).jpg20180811104358270 (resized).jpg20180811104358270 (resized).jpg20180810165331407 (resized).jpg20180810165331407 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_173140_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_173140_1 (resized).jpg20180810165353383 (resized).jpg20180810165353383 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

Yeehaw!

I’m excited for the show and can’t wait to finally have my pins available and ready for play!

Only 7 and a half more months!

Where will the film memorabilia exhibit be?

#4 5 years ago

I’ll be there. I’ve got something interesting to bring this year

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Where will the film memorabilia exhibit be?

It will be on the show floor.

Quoted from drsfmd:

I’ll be there. I’ve got something interesting to bring this year

I'll be looking forward to it!

#6 5 years ago

I’m going to switch weekends I have a friend up in Queensbury I haven’t seen since 1979! I can only attend Saturday .

1 month later
    #7 5 years ago

Here's this year's show flyer
    2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.jpg2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.jpg

And the PDF if anyone wants to print out a copy:
    2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.pdf2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show - Flyer 1.pdf

If anyone wants to put these out somewhere, or is heading to a show or event that allows flyers, let me know and I can get a small printed stack of these to you.

Just about 5 months to go before showtime!

2 weeks later
    #8 5 years ago

Only 4 months to go before the show

If you're planning to stay overnight, it might time to start thinking about hotels. The less expensive hotels sometimes fill up fast. Many of the chain hotels have high rates for the tourist season.

There is a partial list of hotels in the area here:

https://pinballsaratoga.com/hotels-local-attractions/

#9 5 years ago

Shirts for the 2019 show are coming! There will be an orange version and white version available in M, L, XL, 2XL, and 3XL.

I plan to bring a few along with me to Pinfest, so please let me know if you think you might want one. They will be $14 each. This helps support the costs of putting on the show.

2019-tshirt-preview-v1-lg (resized).jpg2019-tshirt-preview-v1-lg (resized).jpg

#10 5 years ago

i too will be at pinfest.. i will take two shirts orange large white x large. i put down a deposit for oktoberfest at pinstar amusements booth...will bring it to your show....... last year i brought houdini

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i too will be at pinfest.. i will take two shirts orange large white x large. i put down a deposit for oktoberfest at pinstar amusements booth...will bring it to your show....... last year i brought houdini

Awesome--Houdini was a hit last year. Thanks for bringing it. Oktoberfest should be fun

I'll PM you about the shirts.

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago

This week, I picked up a few display cases that I'll be using to display various props for the special film memorabilia exhibit. I'm really looking forward to share these items with everyone--there is going to be a nice selection of items and costumes from various movies and TV shows on display. I also plan to have a some items for sale from Once Upon a Time, Colony, the Divergent film series, Electric Dreams (on Amazon Prime), Ender's Game, and more. So if you think you might be interested in owning a piece of film history or an original and unique item from a movie or show you've enjoyed, this should be fun to explore

20190418183335311 (resized).jpg20190418183335311 (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

The info cards have been printed and just arrived!

If you would like any of these to pass around, let me know

20190425150106527 (resized).jpg20190425150106527 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Can you bring me some at Allentown?

Definitely!

#16 4 years ago

I'm taking a week long retreat with friends and family at Lake George that week starting the 10th, I'll be there, along with a 8 or so others as well.

Serious question, figure I would ask now. Since we'll all be in vacation mode, is open consumption of alcohol allowed on premise? Not talking about guzzling beers and being rowdy, but responsible consumption of a local craft brew while flipping the afternoon away while we wait for the air bnb to be ready for 5 o'clock check in...

PS I was the guy that sat at the table with you during the Friday night VIP pizza/wing thing at Pintastic last year, along with the drunk dude from Ohio who was a riot, lol.

#17 4 years ago

Glad to hear you'll be able to stop by

Quoted from Grandnational007:

Since we'll all be in vacation mode, is open consumption of alcohol allowed on premise?

Unfortunately, the official policy is that alcohol is not allowed.

#18 4 years ago

Kind of figured with it being in a YMCA...

Oh well, excited to finally check the show out!

4 weeks later
    #19 4 years ago

The 2019 floor map is now available! Plenty of flea market space to choose from if you have stuff to sell! The Film Memorabilia Exhibit will be a significant feature of the show with lots of props & costumes to see up close! Most of these items have never been on public display before.

srymca-show-floor-map-2019-v2 (resized).pngsrymca-show-floor-map-2019-v2 (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #20 4 years ago

The 2019 T-shirts are now available for shipping or free delivery to Pintastic

Other - For Sale
    “Did you attend the 2019 Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show on August 9 & 10 or want to help support the show? I currently have T-shirts for the show made up in both orange and...”
    2020-05-23
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Archived after: 44 days
    Viewed: 345 times

2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-orange (resized).jpg2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-orange (resized).jpg2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-white (resized).jpg2019-tshirt-preview-v1-prod-img-white (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #22 4 years ago

The countdown is on! Only a month to go!

2019-event-photo-windows-v1 (resized).png2019-event-photo-windows-v1 (resized).png
    #23 4 years ago

Thinking about taking the trip this year, any idea why hotels in the area are so expensive?

*** Racing season I guess. ***

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Thinking about taking the trip this year, any idea why hotels in the area are so expensive?

Most of the big chain hotels get daily expensive in the summer around Saratoga, unfortunately.

However, here's a list of less expensive hotels in the area:

https://pinballsaratoga.com/hotels-local-attractions/#Lowest_Priced_Accommodations

Many places will accept coupons & discounts provided by AAA or the Entertainment Book.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

It is smack in the middle of the Saratoga horse racing meet. It runs from July 11 to Labor Day.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

This is preventing me from coming. Truck Rental is expensive enough, but the hotels are way overpriced in season. It would cost close to $700 to bring up some machines from CT and stay two nights. Not justifiable.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

This is preventing me from coming. Truck Rental is expensive enough, but the hotels are way overpriced in season. It would cost close to $700 to bring up some machines from CT and stay two nights. Not justifiable.

Brypten - Any interest in a room share?

#28 4 years ago

I was looking the hotel rates today and some of them are insane

Can anyone recommend a place to stay that’s affordable and doesn’t come with free bed bugs?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

Have you looked into hotels around Albany? They are typically more reasonable and only 1/2 hour from Saratoga.

#30 4 years ago

Look at some Airbnb and track rentals maybe? Lots of people rent out rooms for track season and are fairer than absurd hotel rates

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Have you looked into hotels around Albany? They are typically more reasonable and only 1/2 hour from Saratoga.

This. In particular, I would suggest the Hampton Inn on Western Avenue. It's very close to the highway, and reasonably priced. You should be able to get a room for around $125/night.

#32 4 years ago

Thanks for the hotel info

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Thanks for that info, they are much more reasonably priced. That helps

#34 4 years ago

Just about 3 weeks to go!

There are 15 games registered so far, and I know several other folks have mentioned they plan to bring games. If you're coming, please go ahead and get them registered so they can be added to the list! Game cards will be prepared in advance, so when you check-in at the show, all you will have to do is pick them up at the check-in table.

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/game-registration/

https://pinballsaratoga.com/show-details/games/

By bringing a game, you will earn an entry into the free play raffle. There will be several gift certificates and prizes from. If you register before midnight on Wednesday 7/31, you will be entered to win the free play raffle grand prize.

The gift certificate prizes will be announced soon.

#35 4 years ago

Im going and wish i could bring some games

#36 4 years ago

For early registration by 7/31, there are going to be two grand prizes available for the free-play raffle

A $100 gift certificate to pinball life, and a $100 gift certificate to harbor freight!

Additionally, two $25 gift certificates for pinitech.com have been added to the prize pool!

#37 4 years ago

20 games are now up on the list!

A couple early games from 1935, a few EMs, a few 90s & early 2000's DMD's, and Oktoberfest! It's looking like a nice selection so far! Keep them coming!

#38 4 years ago

We need a new suncoast pinball there. Damn.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

We need a new suncoast pinball there. Damn.

Did they release their game already??

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Did they release their game already??

Yep, it's shipping

#41 4 years ago

Unfortunately, the individual who intended to bring x-files props & costumes is no longer able to attend the show.

Everything else on the list should still be on display--which should amount to around 20 costumes and a couple dozen props.

#42 4 years ago

Only two weeks until the show!

2019-event-photo-v3 (resized).png2019-event-photo-v3 (resized).png
    #43 4 years ago

film memorabilia exhibit facbook banner 2019 v2 (resized).jpgfilm memorabilia exhibit facbook banner 2019 v2 (resized).jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/654344785063468/

#44 4 years ago

A few additional prizes for the free-play raffle:
    Moving blankets, a roll pin punch set, tool bag tote, and couple other smaller odds n' ends.

A few more additional prizes will be added soon!

There are 20 games are currently registered--be sure to register a game this week before midnight on Wednesday 7/31 to be eligible for the $100 gift certificate grand prizes!

[edit]: 21 games now

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

tool bag tote.

I read that as “Tote Bag” tote and laughed pretty hard. That would be legendary

#46 4 years ago

24 games are now registered

Now there is a game representing every decade from the 1930's to the 2010's

#47 4 years ago

27 games are registered so far

Get your games registered by midnight tonight (Wed 7/31) to be eligible for the two free play raffle grand prizes: $100 gift certificates to Pinball Life and Harbor Freight

#48 4 years ago

28!

And that brings this show's first horse themed game: Gottlieb Thoro-Bred

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2534

#49 4 years ago

Just submitted my 2 games so I believe you're at 30!

#50 4 years ago

There are 50 spots for games available, and only 29 currently registered--if you're thinking about coming, please go ahead and register your game! If you know someone who might be on the fence about bringing a game, try to give them a nudge to come to the show

Additionally, more prizes have been added for the free play raffle! Anyone who brings a game is eligible for the raffle and has their choice of the available prizes if your name is drawn from the hat.

Comet Pinball provided a bunch of goodies:
    -Two t-shirts (L and XL)
    -Illuminated flipper button kit
    -Playfield spotlight kit
    -Four 25 packs of #44/47 frosted sunlight 2SMD bulbs
    -10 SMD ice blue 4" LED matrix strip with attachments & brightness control
    -A pack of 2 1SMD red #555 flex head bulbs

10 prizes in total from Comet!

The rest of the free play raffle prizes include:
    -Six $25 gift certificates for Pinball Life
    -Two $25 gift certificates for Pinitech
    -4 parts storage drawer organizers
    -2 large moving blankets
    -Roll pin punch set
    -Mini right angle screwdriver set

Including the two grand prizes, there are a total of 30 possible prizes in the free play raffle this year, plus maybe a couple odds & ends I may throw in on the day of the show. With all these prizes, most of you who bring games should be able to walk away with something!

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-saratoga-pinball-amp-arcade-show-8-9-amp-8-10?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.