(Topic ID: 234953)

Pintastic 2020 room blocks are now open!

By dannunz

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2555 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2520 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2461 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3799 (resized).jpeg
    20190418_190951 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2402 (resized).PNG
    image1 (resized).png
    IMG_2383 (resized).JPG
    _MG_0038 (resized).JPG
    _MG_0051 (resized).JPG
    Pintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1668 (resized).JPG
    PINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpg
    LasVegasParano6-540x350 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Here we go everyone. Pintastic 2019 is just 5 months away! Our 5th year will include 4 days of pinball fun, June 27th through June 30th at the Sturbridge Host Hotel & Convention Center located in Sturbridge Massachusetts.

Purchase of an LE package allows you to enjoy pinball 24 hours a day starting at noon Thursday through Sunday ending at 4pm. That's a lot of pinball! Only 100 packages will be sold and they are half gone as of this week so don't wait.

We are just ramping up our special guest lineup. We are very excited to announce Christopher Franchi as our 2019 artist. He will be designing an original concept piece for our t-shirt, poster, beer glass and key chain.

We are also excited to bring back our awesome free kids entertainment. We will have our caricature artist, a clown specializing in ballon animals and a face painting artist, all free with your paid admission. Children's entertainment will be from 11am to 8pm on Friday and Saturday.

Lots more to come as we are very excited about our guest lineup and seminars for 2019. Don't miss it, mark your calendars.

IMG_2139 (resized).JPGIMG_2139 (resized).JPG

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've never been to a Pintastic but Gabe is pretty doggone awesome. Always love hangin with him at different shows. Class act!

Thanks man see you in Texas I hope. Will tear it up.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

coming up from yonkers ny. brought up houdini in my suv. this year i am thinking of bringing up 4 machines but dont know how? any suggestions? i always enjoy pintastic ne. already booked my room

U hall has great enclosed trailers you can rent and they are unlimited miles. Thank you for being a great supporter of the show we really appreciate it.

2 weeks later
    #14 5 years ago

The new venue is a step in the right direction. Many improvements over our current hotel.
    -Double our current FREE parking
    -Double our hotel room compacity combining 2 hotels with in 10 min of each other with free shuttle bus service from 9am till 3am all days.
    -Additonal 5,000sqft of event space
    -Very nice on site restaurant
    -Dedicated area for auction
    -Dedicated area for parties and awards.

Most of the core things will stay in place. Exciting times ahead. Gabe

1 month later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Great for people from Canada and Maine. Hartford, Philly, NYC & Long Island not so much . Ez Pass in MA screwed me over and charged me for driving in a tunnel while I was at work! The Sturbridge location kept me off the toll roads which was a deal maker.

You can avoid tolls by jumping on 290 to 495. The new hotel is directly off the exit of 495. The new location is closer to collectors in ME, NH and VT and people coming from those highly populated areas as well as Boston

#22 5 years ago

Pintastic 2019 Chris Franchi art update. Crazy detail in this design! Amazing. Tons more to come stay tuned.

PINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpgPINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpg
    #25 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Awesome, just checked the dates and overlaps with a family trip back home to VT, looking forward to checking out Pintastic! Any recommendations on which day to come if I'm bringing two younger kids (5 and 7) with? I was thinking Friday might be the best bet?
    Also looking forward to saying hello to dannunz, who sold me my first pin (Shadow) back in 2014.

Friday and Saturday we have the kids entertainment. The kids tournament is on Saturday. That's cool as well with cash prizes. I remember that Shadow I should have never sold it. That's why I had to buy another one. Looking forward to meeting you!

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from zlorya:

Are there any updates coming in regard to other pinball professionals who may be coming to the show? Meeting creators and getting stuff signed is such an awesome part of the show.

We have some big Pinball people booked already and we are working on a few more big ones. We are also branching out a bit and closed the deal on something very exciting today. Its pinball related and also much more than that. More details to come soon. Stay tuned our first big announcement will be some time next week! This years show is going to be amazing!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

The Sturbridge venue is really tired and has a problematic layout. Glad to see a change in location!

One more year in sturbridge than on to Boxboro in 2020.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Boxborough!? I know it's better for the show moving forward, but Sturbridge will miss you.

We visited many locations and ultimately we wanted the feel of The Sturbridge venue and be able to keep the flexibility they provide. Boxborough is in the middle of a remodel and it should be complete by our 2020 date. Rooms will be updated and all new bedding. Things that Sturbridge did not have the budget to do.

Lots more to come about the new venue but let's rock Sturbridge one last time!

#35 5 years ago

Pintastic is 3 months away and coming fast! Only 27 LE packages remain so don't wait. We have shifted Extra Ball lounge entry times a bit for Premium and Free play bringers to 8pm entry time. We do listen to feedback and evolve every year to improve all aspects of the show.

IMG_1668 (resized).JPGIMG_1668 (resized).JPG
    #37 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I said hello to you while you were playing Oktoberfest in TX. I hope pintastic has vendors with this title, it’s a much better player than The Munsters . This is coming from an EM guy.

Cointaker will have a bunch of them in there booth at Pintastic.

#38 4 years ago

Chris Franchi 2019 poster and t shirt art finished!

Pintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpgPintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is pleased to announce that sound
    designer Chris Granner will be a Special Guest at our 2019
    show in Sturbridge, MA.

He will give a presentation about
    his work and be around for the weekend to mingle with all
    the pinball fans.

He has been on design teams led by many of the great pinball
    designers of the past 30 years, including Steve Ritchie, Barry
    Oursler, Pat Lawlor, Python Anghelo, Dennis Nordman, Mark
    Ritchie, George Gomez, and Joe Balcer. He usually gets sole
    music credit and credit for some or all speech and effects
    work. His "greatest hits" include F-14 Tomcat, Funhouse,
    Cyclone, Fish Tales, Lord of the Rings, Wizard of Oz, and The
    Addams Family.

Chris will have a high-fidelity setup for playing some examples
    of his work during his seminar. You'll want to be there in real
    life to hear the sounds and hear his stories of 30+ years in
    pinball design!

_MG_0038 (resized).JPG_MG_0038 (resized).JPG_MG_0051 (resized).JPG_MG_0051 (resized).JPG
    #40 4 years ago

Pintastic New England announces that Eric Meunier will be a
    Special Guest at our 2019 show in Sturbridge, MA. He's now a
    Game Designer for Jersey Jack Pinball, having come up through
    the relatively unusual path of electrical and mechanical
    engineering. Pirates of the Caribbean was his first design for
    JJP, with more in the proverbial pipeline. Many pinball fans
    know that he grew up with coin-op games being the family's
    business, giving him exceptional empathy with game operators.
    Eric will have a session on our seminar schedule and be around
    to meet people and talk informally.

IMG_2383 (resized).JPGIMG_2383 (resized).JPG
    #41 4 years ago

SilverBelle Brawl at Pintastic

Cash Prizes. IFPA Approved. Open to woman-identifying, trans and NB folks. All Skill Levels welcome.

The Boston Belles and Chimes Women’s Pinball group has partnered with the Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club to bring you the first ever SilverBelle Brawl at Pintastic New England! Players will have a chance to win cash prizes and custom trophies while playing pinball in a fun competition!

Sturbridge Host Conference Center
    366 Main St. Sturbridge, MA

Saturday, June 29th, 9:30am
    Registration begins at 9:00am

$5 Entry Fee, 100% goes to prizes (Pintastic attendee ticket required)

Race to beat your opponents and secure your spot in finals! Players will compete in groups of three or four, where one point is awarded for each opponent beat. When four players reach 13 wins, or at 12:30, (whichever comes first), the four front-runners will play a three game final round for the victory! Prizes will be awarded to the four finalists..

Presented by Boston Belles & Chimes and Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club
    Sponsored by Bone Up Brewing Company and ULEKStore

Boston Belles & Chimes hosts pinball tournaments to provide a space to play competitive pinball in a fun, supportive environment for all woman-identifying, trans and non-binary folks. Belles and Chimes Worldwide is an international network of women's pinball leagues started in 2013.

image1 (resized).pngimage1 (resized).png
    #42 4 years ago

Meet Charlie, Verica, and Mike TV at Pintastic 2019 in June!

IMG_2402 (resized).PNGIMG_2402 (resized).PNG
    #45 4 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

whose verica???????????????

That’s Verucas twin sister. Didn’t you know that?

#49 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is pleased to announce two more Special Guests, this time from Stern Pinball. The King of Pinball, Steve Ritchie, returns to Pintastic to tell more stories about his experiences in pinball design, ranging from Atari in the late 1970s to Stern's latest release, Black
    Knight: Sword of Rage. This year, he'll be joined by software developer Tim Sexton, who was the software lead on the new Black Knight game. Sexton is no stranger to Pintastic, having done well in past Silverball Rumble(SM) tournaments. Tim will be on the seminar program this year, where those attending the show can ask him about his recent move from the
    East Coast to Chicago, pinball capital of the world.

Black Knight: Sword of Rage (BKSoR) is the third game in Steve's Black Knight series, after Black Knight (Williams, 1980) and Black Knight 2000 (Williams, 1989). There will be BKSoR games to play at the Pintastic show, and the nearby pinball community will be given incentives to bring other Steve Ritchie designs, which include Superman (Atari, 1979), Flash (Williams, 1979), High Speed (Williams, 1985), Terminator 3 (Stern, 2003), and AC/DC (Stern, 2012). Steve also did two Star Trek designs and the recent Star Wars game from Stern Pinball.

Steve and Tim will participate in the popular autograph session to be held on the Saturday of the Pintastic show (June 29), and be around throughout the show to talk to guests.

20190418_190951 (resized).jpg20190418_190951 (resized).jpgIMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpgIMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #52 4 years ago

Pintastic New England announces that Jack Guarnieri, CEO of Jersey Jack Pinball, will once again be a Special Guest and provider of lots of pizza at his JJP Update seminar. Each year's update has something new and different, with insights for players, NIB game buyers, and even operators. This year, Jack will proudly present the new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (TM) pinball game, and he'll join the special
    sessions for holders of the limited Willy Wonka CE packages that true fans can add on to a regular show admission. There are only 100 such packages, the only way to get a special commemorative numbered poster unique to Pintastic 2019. Jack has also supported Pintastic as a
    Sponsor from day one! JJP games will be well represented in the Vendor Hall.

IMG_3799 (resized).jpegIMG_3799 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #57 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is pleased to announce the return of Joe Balcer, chief designer for American Pinball, to give another seminar and show off his Oktoberfest game in the Vendor Hall. This year, his seminar topic is, "Pinball: How Did I Get Here?" He'll give more history of his work on games from 1990 to the present. He'll talk about Star Wars Trilogy, Godzilla, South Park, The Simpsons Pinball Party, The Hobbit, and more.

If you own a game Joe helped create, bring it to the show for use in our Free Play room, and you'll get 3 Bonus Points.

Joe was well-received at the 2018 show and has been the key contributor to American Pinball's early success. Like other Special Guests, he'll be at our Special When Lit after-party Friday night and the autograph session Saturday afternoon.

IMG_2461 (resized).JPGIMG_2461 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #59 4 years ago

Once again, on Friday night perennial top-25-ranked pinball player Bowen Kerins will come to Pintastic New England to demonstrate wizardly
    play on Spooky Pinball's latest game, Alice Cooper's Nightmare
    Castle (ACNC). We'll have more cameras than last year to
    capture all the action as Bowen tries to conquer all the
    challenges the game has to offer. He seems to draw energy
    from the crowd of spectators cheering and especially groaning
    when fate is against him.

At other times on Friday and Saturday, the ACNC game will be
    in the Silverball Rumble tournament area, set on paid play
    for a charity tournament. Half the money raised will go to
    the Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. As of now, this is the
    only game planned to be on paid play at the entire show.

"Photo credit: Pinball News"

IMG_2520 (resized).JPGIMG_2520 (resized).JPG
    #64 4 years ago

2019 Chris Franchi key chain

IMG_2555 (resized).PNGIMG_2555 (resized).PNG
    1 week later
    #68 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Where can I order a t-shirt with that awesome Chris Franchi artwork?

Soon

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Is there a list of the seminar speakers and times? I did not see one here or on the website.
    Thanks
    Blake

Speakers are on the web site. Sced will be up soon

1 week later
    #75 4 years ago

We have a new beer sponsor! People asked so worked my magic.

IMG_2662 (resized).JPGIMG_2662 (resized).JPG
    #79 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

This seems like a pretty fantastic panel/event lineup! Will any of this be streamed?

It won’t be streamed but it will be taped and posted later on our you tube channel.

1 month later
    #85 4 years ago

Pintastic 2020 room blocks are now open! Go here https://pintasticnewengland.com/hotel-2/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-pintastic-pinball-and-game-room-expo?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.