(Topic ID: 234953)

Pintastic 2020 room blocks are now open!

By dannunz

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2555 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2520 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2461 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3799 (resized).jpeg
    20190418_190951 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2402 (resized).PNG
    image1 (resized).png
    IMG_2383 (resized).JPG
    _MG_0038 (resized).JPG
    _MG_0051 (resized).JPG
    Pintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1668 (resized).JPG
    PINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpg
    LasVegasParano6-540x350 (resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Here we go everyone. Pintastic 2019 is just 5 months away! Our 5th year will include 4 days of pinball fun, June 27th through June 30th at the Sturbridge Host Hotel & Convention Center located in Sturbridge Massachusetts.

Purchase of an LE package allows you to enjoy pinball 24 hours a day starting at noon Thursday through Sunday ending at 4pm. That's a lot of pinball! Only 100 packages will be sold and they are half gone as of this week so don't wait.

We are just ramping up our special guest lineup. We are very excited to announce Christopher Franchi as our 2019 artist. He will be designing an original concept piece for our t-shirt, poster, beer glass and key chain.

We are also excited to bring back our awesome free kids entertainment. We will have our caricature artist, a clown specializing in ballon animals and a face painting artist, all free with your paid admission. Children's entertainment will be from 11am to 8pm on Friday and Saturday.

Lots more to come as we are very excited about our guest lineup and seminars for 2019. Don't miss it, mark your calendars.

IMG_2139 (resized).JPGIMG_2139 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

coming up from yonkers ny. brought up houdini in my suv. this year i am thinking of bringing up 4 machines but dont know how? any suggestions? i always enjoy pintastic ne. already booked my room

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for bringing more games! Posting in this thread is a good start toward addressing the logistics issues. Maybe someone in your vicinity will have extra space in their truck or trailer to transport one or two of your games. If you bring four, you're likely to earn a lot of Bonus Points that can be redeemed for swag or other rewards.
    .................David Marston

#4 5 years ago

I've never been to a Pintastic but Gabe is pretty doggone awesome. Always love hangin with him at different shows. Class act!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've never been to a Pintastic but Gabe is pretty doggone awesome. Always love hangin with him at different shows. Class act!

Thanks man see you in Texas I hope. Will tear it up.

#6 5 years ago

Just booked my suite and got my LE pass. In some circles, the Pintastic Pinball and Game Room Expo is a far, far better thing than the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby and the Lower Oakland Roller Derby Finals all rolled into one.

LasVegasParano6-540x350 (resized).jpgLasVegasParano6-540x350 (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

coming up from yonkers ny. brought up houdini in my suv. this year i am thinking of bringing up 4 machines but dont know how? any suggestions? i always enjoy pintastic ne. already booked my room

Rent a trailer. They usually have a ramp for easy loading and unloading and are low to the ground. Reasonable rates as well. Also get some quality tie down straps and make sure trailer has hooks or rails to attach them to. Cardboard corner protectors and moving blankets. I have done it this way several times without issues. Pay cash at tolls if any because I got ripped off at EZ pass in PA pulling a single axle trailer.

#8 5 years ago

Plus you can get a hitch lock for the trailer if you need to unhook and stay at motel or have to have anywhere without pulling it along.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

U hall has great enclosed trailers you can rent and they are unlimited miles. Thank you for being a great supporter of the show we really appreciate it.

2 weeks later
    #10 5 years ago

Saw the news that the show is moving to a new location in 2020. I'm gonna miss the Sturbridge hotel, but I'm sure the new location will be great!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from loneranger:

Saw the news that the show is moving to a new location in 2020

I haven't seen this - what's the buzz?
    Did see this on an event site:

Date City Venue
    June 27 - 30, 2019 Worcester, MA (USA) Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
    on June 2020 (?) Worcester, MA (USA) Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

I haven't seen this - what's the buzz?
    Did see this on an event site:
    Date City Venue
    June 27 - 30, 2019 Worcester, MA (USA) Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
    on June 2020 (?) Worcester, MA (USA) Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center

It was in the TWIP this week: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-february-18th-2019/

It looks like the new location will basically 45 minutes northeast of the current show location. That adds an hour of travel time for me

-----

PRESS RELEASE: (Charlton, MA, USA) – The Pintastic New England Pinball and Game Room Expo, now preparing for its fifth-year event, announced today that its sixth-year event in 2020 will take place at the Regency Hotel in Boxborough, MA. Show owner Gabriel D’Annunzio said, “We are pleased that we get an additional 5000 square feet, more function rooms, and we don’t give up any aspects of the show that people like.” The Pintastic show has free play rooms, tournaments, seminars, a vendor hall with commercial booths, an auction, entertainment for kids, and an outdoor flea market for casual sellers. All will be accommodated in the Boxborough facility, which will undergo a substantial renovation between now and showtime in June, 2020.

Pintastic Executive David Marston added, “Our well-known claim to be centrally located in the six New England states will be improved by closer proximity to Boston. We are already looking at the logistics and expect to continue to have a better show every year, even as we plan many improvements for our final Sturbridge show in 2019.” The Boxborough location is adjacent to I-495, Boston’s outer beltway, and the deal signed with the Regency includes use of a nearby Regency as an overflow hotel.

Pintastic Executive Gerard MacNeil stated, “We have been deferring some plans that this new facility will enable us to realize. This venue has hosted many pop-culture shows over decades and is well suited to a gamer-con.” The Boxborough hotel and conference center was chosen after reviewing the renewal deal from the Sturbridge Host Hotel and about a dozen potential new locations.

For 2019, Pintastic New England will be held at its familiar location in Sturbridge, on June 27-30. For the first time, the Silverball Rumble tournament will be included in the elite Stern Pro Circuit of pinball tournaments. Admission packages are already on sale on the website (www.pintasticnewengland.com), the Featured Artist has been announced (Christopher Franchi), and more announcements will be issued between now and showtime.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It was in the TWIP

Thanks FF

Glad to see that " we don’t give up any aspects of the show that people like."

For me that would be direct access from free play to bar and a beverage store adjacent to the parking lot!
    I have such high standards and Sturbridge met them both - looking forward to see what Gabe does with more space.

Meanwhile psyched for 2019!!

#14 5 years ago

The new venue is a step in the right direction. Many improvements over our current hotel.
    -Double our current FREE parking
    -Double our hotel room compacity combining 2 hotels with in 10 min of each other with free shuttle bus service from 9am till 3am all days.
    -Additonal 5,000sqft of event space
    -Very nice on site restaurant
    -Dedicated area for auction
    -Dedicated area for parties and awards.

Most of the core things will stay in place. Exciting times ahead. Gabe

#15 5 years ago

The impact on travel times to Boxborough vs. Sturbridge will depend on your starting point, of course. From Worcester itself, the times are about the same. From Maine, it's closer. From Hartford, it's farther. From Ballston Spa/Saratoga region, Southern VT, Keene area, and Northwestern MA, remember to check out routing options via MA Route 2, which is an expressway for much of its length between Gardner and I-495.

Once we get beyond the 2019 show, which is still in Sturbridge, we can have a driving/directions thread for the 2020 show here. Also, Boxborough is set up for helicopter landings, for those of you who have been wanting that option.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Also, Boxborough is set up for helicopter landings, for those of you who have been wanting that option.

Finally! I’ve been asking for a place to land my pinball cargo chopper at the show for years.

1 week later
    #17 5 years ago

i have 2 houses on my property and one is the game room house - the last 7 years or so it has been used by divorced friends who needed a place to stay - for the first time in a while it's vacant - anyway i am offering this out to families who are from another state or country and want to make it a family vacation.

it's available for week before pintastic, the week of, and the week after if you want to do a new england family vacation (so any of those days you need) - it's free - i don't charge anybody - it's 40 minutes (maybe closer) to pintastic - it's 1440 sq feet - i bedroom, 1 large room with 20 or so games, kitchen, living room, full bathroom, 2 couches for kids and it's a separate house. I only ask you respect it and treat it better then your own home.

i would even let you borrow one of my toasters (scion xb car) if you needed a 2nd car for the family. as long as you don't mind driving a car with 300k plus miles as i have 3 of them and they are all over 300k.

we are 45 minutes from newport, 45 from boston, 3 hours to new york/new jersey. 3 hours from white mountains in new hampshire, 3 hours from maine, 1 hour from cape cod.

i will make a second post on it's own not in this thread. i would really like a family in there, but if you have 3 or 4 guys who want to come from another country that is also ok. please don't get offended if i get 10 requests and i choose somebody else. it's also ok for pets as long as they are trained. to get into this house requires walking up about 15 steps - so if you are fragile it's not for you. somewhere on here is a picture of the WOZ at the bottom of the stairs.

there are also pictures of the inside of this house on pinside also as it holds a lot of my games.

thanks ed

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

i have 2 houses on my property and one is the game room house - the last 7 years or so it has been used by divorced friends who needed a place to stay - for the first time in a while it's vacant - anyway i am offering this out to families who are from another state or country and want to make it a family vacation.
    it's available for week before pintastic, the week of, and the week after if you want to do a new england family vacation (so any of those days you need) - it's free - i don't charge anybody - it's 40 minutes (maybe closer) to pintastic - it's 1440 sq feet - i bedroom, 1 large room with 20 or so games, kitchen, living room, full bathroom, 2 couches for kids and it's a separate house. I only ask you respect it and treat it better then your own home.
    i would even let you borrow one of my toasters (scion xb car) if you needed a 2nd car for the family. as long as you don't mind driving a car with 300k plus miles as i have 3 of them and they are all over 300k.
    we are 45 minutes from newport, 45 from boston, 3 hours to new york/new jersey. 3 hours from white mountains in new hampshire, 3 hours from maine, 1 hour from cape cod.
    i will make a second post on it's own not in this thread. i would really like a family in there, but if you have 3 or 4 guys who want to come from another country that is also ok. please don't get offended if i get 10 requests and i choose somebody else. it's also ok for pets as long as they are trained. to get into this house requires walking up about 15 steps - so if you are fragile it's not for you. somewhere on here is a picture of the WOZ at the bottom of the stairs.
    there are also pictures of the inside of this house on pinside also as it holds a lot of my games.
    thanks ed

That's a ridiculously great offer! Really shows the kindness of people in this community. Great work, sir!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

The impact on travel times to Boxborough vs. Sturbridge will depend on your starting point, of course. From Worcester itself, the times are about the same. From Maine, it's closer. From Hartford, it's farther. From Ballston Spa/Saratoga region, Southern VT, Keene area, and Northwestern MA, remember to check out routing options via MA Route 2, which is an expressway for much of its length between Gardner and I-495.
    Once we get beyond the 2019 show, which is still in Sturbridge, we can have a driving/directions thread for the 2020 show here. Also, Boxborough is set up for helicopter landings, for those of you who have been wanting that option.

Great for people from Canada and Maine. Hartford, Philly, NYC & Long Island not so much . Ez Pass in MA screwed me over and charged me for driving in a tunnel while I was at work! The Sturbridge location kept me off the toll roads which was a deal maker.

2 weeks later
    #20 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Great for people from Canada and Maine. Hartford, Philly, NYC & Long Island not so much . Ez Pass in MA screwed me over and charged me for driving in a tunnel while I was at work! The Sturbridge location kept me off the toll roads which was a deal maker.

You can avoid tolls by jumping on 290 to 495. The new hotel is directly off the exit of 495. The new location is closer to collectors in ME, NH and VT and people coming from those highly populated areas as well as Boston

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You can avoid tolls by jumping on 290 to 495. The new hotel is directly off the exit of 495.

For those who come up I-84, the other piece you need for complete toll avoidance is to go on US 20 East from Sturbridge to Auburn, parallel to I-90 between Exits 9 and 10A. US 20 is the road that the Sturbridge hotel is on.

From Eastern CT, you could go over to I-395, which gets renumbered to I-290 after it crosses I-90.

Google Maps and Mapquest both have toll-avoidance routing options, if I recall correctly. REMINDER: this driving stuff applies to the 2020 show. The 2019 show is still in Sturbridge!

#22 4 years ago

Pintastic 2019 Chris Franchi art update. Crazy detail in this design! Amazing. Tons more to come stay tuned.

PINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpgPINTASTIC Space Girl INKING 2 (resized).jpg
    #23 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

he new location is closer to collectors in ME, NH and VT

Not closer to where the majority of the population lives in Vermont, but an extra 30 minutes is not a big deal to me.

#24 4 years ago

Awesome, just checked the dates and overlaps with a family trip back home to VT, looking forward to checking out Pintastic! Any recommendations on which day to come if I'm bringing two younger kids (5 and 7) with? I was thinking Friday might be the best bet?

Also looking forward to saying hello to @dannunz, who sold me my first pin (Shadow) back in 2014.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Awesome, just checked the dates and overlaps with a family trip back home to VT, looking forward to checking out Pintastic! Any recommendations on which day to come if I'm bringing two younger kids (5 and 7) with? I was thinking Friday might be the best bet?
    Also looking forward to saying hello to dannunz, who sold me my first pin (Shadow) back in 2014.

Friday and Saturday we have the kids entertainment. The kids tournament is on Saturday. That's cool as well with cash prizes. I remember that Shadow I should have never sold it. That's why I had to buy another one. Looking forward to meeting you!

#26 4 years ago

Are there any updates coming in regard to other pinball professionals who may be coming to the show? Meeting creators and getting stuff signed is such an awesome part of the show.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from zlorya:

Are there any updates coming in regard to other pinball professionals who may be coming to the show?

Of course! Our seminar program will have lots of "professionals" and other experts. You might want to go to pintasticnewengland.com and sign up for email updates, but keep monitoring this thread. Also watch our FaceBook page, if you're into that.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Not closer to where the majority of the population lives in Vermont,...

Check your data! I just tried Burlington (VT) on MapQuest:
    to our current Sturbridge site, fastest way is 238 miles, 3:50
    to our future Boxboro site, fastest way is 216 miles, 3:20

The key is staying on I-89 down to Concord (NH), then continuing down the Everett Turnpike and US 3 until you hit I-495.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from zlorya:

Are there any updates coming in regard to other pinball professionals who may be coming to the show? Meeting creators and getting stuff signed is such an awesome part of the show.

We have some big Pinball people booked already and we are working on a few more big ones. We are also branching out a bit and closed the deal on something very exciting today. Its pinball related and also much more than that. More details to come soon. Stay tuned our first big announcement will be some time next week! This years show is going to be amazing!

#30 4 years ago

I flew up last year - it was much better than driving from DC area. I nearly missed my flight out of Boston because of "one more game" syndrome, so moving closer to that airport seems a good thing to me! I was also at Pintastic #2 which I drove to and that was miserable - when I come back (not this year) I'll be flying!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#31 4 years ago

The Sturbridge venue is really tired and has a problematic layout. Glad to see a change in location!

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

The Sturbridge venue is really tired and has a problematic layout. Glad to see a change in location!

One more year in sturbridge than on to Boxboro in 2020.

#33 4 years ago

Boxborough!? I know it's better for the show moving forward, but Sturbridge will miss you.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Boxborough!? I know it's better for the show moving forward, but Sturbridge will miss you.

We visited many locations and ultimately we wanted the feel of The Sturbridge venue and be able to keep the flexibility they provide. Boxborough is in the middle of a remodel and it should be complete by our 2020 date. Rooms will be updated and all new bedding. Things that Sturbridge did not have the budget to do.

Lots more to come about the new venue but let's rock Sturbridge one last time!

#35 4 years ago

Pintastic is 3 months away and coming fast! Only 27 LE packages remain so don't wait. We have shifted Extra Ball lounge entry times a bit for Premium and Free play bringers to 8pm entry time. We do listen to feedback and evolve every year to improve all aspects of the show.

IMG_1668 (resized).JPGIMG_1668 (resized).JPG
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I flew up last year - it was much better than driving from DC area. I nearly missed my flight out of Boston because of "one more game" syndrome, so moving closer to that airport seems a good thing to me! I was also at Pintastic #2 which I drove to and that was miserable - when I come back (not this year) I'll be flying!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

I said hello to you while you were playing Oktoberfest in TX. I hope pintastic has vendors with this title, it’s a much better player than The Munsters . This is coming from an EM guy.

#37 4 years ago

I said hello to you while you were playing Oktoberfest in TX. I hope pintastic has vendors with this title, it’s a much better player than The Munsters . This is coming from an EM guy.

Cointaker will have a bunch of them in there booth at Pintastic.

#38 4 years ago

Chris Franchi 2019 poster and t shirt art finished!

Pintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpgPintastic Master Art FINAL comp 2 (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is pleased to announce that sound
    designer Chris Granner will be a Special Guest at our 2019
    show in Sturbridge, MA.

He will give a presentation about
    his work and be around for the weekend to mingle with all
    the pinball fans.

He has been on design teams led by many of the great pinball
    designers of the past 30 years, including Steve Ritchie, Barry
    Oursler, Pat Lawlor, Python Anghelo, Dennis Nordman, Mark
    Ritchie, George Gomez, and Joe Balcer. He usually gets sole
    music credit and credit for some or all speech and effects
    work. His "greatest hits" include F-14 Tomcat, Funhouse,
    Cyclone, Fish Tales, Lord of the Rings, Wizard of Oz, and The
    Addams Family.

Chris will have a high-fidelity setup for playing some examples
    of his work during his seminar. You'll want to be there in real
    life to hear the sounds and hear his stories of 30+ years in
    pinball design!

_MG_0038 (resized).JPG_MG_0038 (resized).JPG_MG_0051 (resized).JPG_MG_0051 (resized).JPG
    #40 4 years ago

Pintastic New England announces that Eric Meunier will be a
    Special Guest at our 2019 show in Sturbridge, MA. He's now a
    Game Designer for Jersey Jack Pinball, having come up through
    the relatively unusual path of electrical and mechanical
    engineering. Pirates of the Caribbean was his first design for
    JJP, with more in the proverbial pipeline. Many pinball fans
    know that he grew up with coin-op games being the family's
    business, giving him exceptional empathy with game operators.
    Eric will have a session on our seminar schedule and be around
    to meet people and talk informally.

IMG_2383 (resized).JPGIMG_2383 (resized).JPG
    #41 4 years ago

SilverBelle Brawl at Pintastic

Cash Prizes. IFPA Approved. Open to woman-identifying, trans and NB folks. All Skill Levels welcome.

The Boston Belles and Chimes Women’s Pinball group has partnered with the Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club to bring you the first ever SilverBelle Brawl at Pintastic New England! Players will have a chance to win cash prizes and custom trophies while playing pinball in a fun competition!

Sturbridge Host Conference Center
    366 Main St. Sturbridge, MA

Saturday, June 29th, 9:30am
    Registration begins at 9:00am

$5 Entry Fee, 100% goes to prizes (Pintastic attendee ticket required)

Race to beat your opponents and secure your spot in finals! Players will compete in groups of three or four, where one point is awarded for each opponent beat. When four players reach 13 wins, or at 12:30, (whichever comes first), the four front-runners will play a three game final round for the victory! Prizes will be awarded to the four finalists..

Presented by Boston Belles & Chimes and Southern New Hampshire Pinball Club
    Sponsored by Bone Up Brewing Company and ULEKStore

Boston Belles & Chimes hosts pinball tournaments to provide a space to play competitive pinball in a fun, supportive environment for all woman-identifying, trans and non-binary folks. Belles and Chimes Worldwide is an international network of women's pinball leagues started in 2013.

image1 (resized).pngimage1 (resized).png
    #42 4 years ago

Meet Charlie, Verica, and Mike TV at Pintastic 2019 in June!

IMG_2402 (resized).PNGIMG_2402 (resized).PNG
    #43 4 years ago

whose verica???????????????

#44 4 years ago

Chris Granner is DA MAN!!! Wish I could attend....

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

whose verica???????????????

That’s Verucas twin sister. Didn’t you know that?

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

whose verica????????????

At least it's not swords.

#47 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is expanding the list of games that will earn Bonus Points for their owner/bringers! Any game from a company outside the USA earns Bonus Points, with the number of points determined by the manufacturer. In the past, we had a few companies named (Dutch Pinball, Quetzal Pinball, etc.), but I just added awards for many more non-USA companies. We don't have all 787 companies on the list yet, but we have all the ones that exported to the USA in significant numbers (Playmatic, Sonic, Zaccaria, etc.). Any game from an Italian, German, or Spanish company earns 2 Bonus Points, and any game from any other country (notably France, Australia, and Japan) that did not already have a bonus defined earns 4 points.

As always, bonuses can be stacked. Example: Capcom games get a bonus; games with sound by Chris Granner (the Special Guest Sound Designer for 2019) get a bonus; Capcom games with Granner sound get BOTH bonuses!

We have not yet announced all the Special Guests for 2019, but you don't have to wait to register the games you'll bring. The actual Bonus Point calculation occurs when you arrive with your games, at which time all the Bonus Point awards for 2019 will be in effect. Bonus Point awards are visible for Granner, Meunier, and Franchi, with more to come! You can also get Bonus Points for games that are rare (per IPDB production quantities), from the "A List" of Most Wanted games (per Pinside poll), or LE models going back to TAF Gold. The highest point values are given to custom games, with 10 points awarded to a homebrew game with original design, art, and sound. On top of all that, every game registered before June 1st earns +1 just for being registered early!

Pitch-and-bat baseball games earn generous Bonus Points, too! Other electromechanical arcade pieces (gun games, hockey games, etc.) also get points.

You can use Bonus Points to obtain Pintastic swag, art pieces, extra entries in the Game-Bringer Giveaway, extra time in our Extra Ball Lounge(SM), and/or a gift certificate for the adjacent Oxhead Tavern, for those who want a nice meal in Sturbridge. All these awards are offered "while supplies last" and have different point values. Doing volunteer work for the show also earns Bonus Points, which can help you reach the plateau for the award you want. We may even have some new swag by showtime. The Bonus Points are just one part of our state-of-the-art rewards system for those who bring games!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Meet Charlie, Verica, and Mike TV at Pintastic 2019 in June!
    [quoted image]

I want an Oompa Loompa now !

#49 4 years ago

Pintastic New England is pleased to announce two more Special Guests, this time from Stern Pinball. The King of Pinball, Steve Ritchie, returns to Pintastic to tell more stories about his experiences in pinball design, ranging from Atari in the late 1970s to Stern's latest release, Black
    Knight: Sword of Rage. This year, he'll be joined by software developer Tim Sexton, who was the software lead on the new Black Knight game. Sexton is no stranger to Pintastic, having done well in past Silverball Rumble(SM) tournaments. Tim will be on the seminar program this year, where those attending the show can ask him about his recent move from the
    East Coast to Chicago, pinball capital of the world.

Black Knight: Sword of Rage (BKSoR) is the third game in Steve's Black Knight series, after Black Knight (Williams, 1980) and Black Knight 2000 (Williams, 1989). There will be BKSoR games to play at the Pintastic show, and the nearby pinball community will be given incentives to bring other Steve Ritchie designs, which include Superman (Atari, 1979), Flash (Williams, 1979), High Speed (Williams, 1985), Terminator 3 (Stern, 2003), and AC/DC (Stern, 2012). Steve also did two Star Trek designs and the recent Star Wars game from Stern Pinball.

Steve and Tim will participate in the popular autograph session to be held on the Saturday of the Pintastic show (June 29), and be around throughout the show to talk to guests.

20190418_190951 (resized).jpg20190418_190951 (resized).jpgIMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpgIMG_20181031_121104_901 (resized).jpg
    #50 4 years ago

Cosplay ideas in previous post!

As usual, pinball games designed by Steve Ritchie are worth +3 Bonus Points to the person who brings them for our Free Play room. There is also a bonus for Atari pinballs. Some Steve Ritchie designs have sound by Chris Granner, the bringer gets points for both. Stack your bonuses!

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-pintastic-pinball-and-game-room-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.