(Topic ID: 235150)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (5/31-6/2/19)

By nwpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190530_163056 (resized).jpg
    20190601_142618 (resized).jpg
    S11_AUX_SURVIVED_WEEKEND (resized).JPG
    61839555_2357562274569533_4387127119394635776_n (resized).jpg
    DC049C57-6A34-4FA5-8639-EEE0F1F34220 (resized).jpeg
    0133F34C-0D7E-487F-AFFA-37A1EBF36B43 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6309 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6321 (resized).jpg
    58113510762__39A2CEE0-5A28-4B4F-9D64-905CEABC0D56 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1559467077499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190602_004143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142821 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_145630 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 4 years ago

I have a Wizard of Oz I can bring if someone is interested.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Ways to sell games at the show:
    -Bring a game during set up, put it out on the floor, put a for sale sign with price and contact info, sell game!
    -There will be a bulletin board in the lobby as usual for buying, selling and trading games. Post and ad there with contact info.
    I've definitely gotten a lot of emails from the website and phonecalls from people looking to buy their first game, buy a game, or sell a game they've had for years and don't know how to sell. Also one restored 70s slot machine a nice woman is trying to sell or trade and to buy a 70s or 80s pin. There will be lots of buyers.

Have you considered a location (and I know there is no room, lol) for pins just wanting to be sold and not played? Maybe I'm in the small minority but I'd want to bring my WOZ for sale but would rather not have people playing it all weekend since things break more often than others and if its turned off and broken it would surely turn some buyers off.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We considered it years ago. The general consensus was it would cost more money for the show to rent another room and facilitating sales is not really one of the goals of the show. The main reason we suggest people sell games at the show because we want more games on the floor for people to play.
    Why'd you be selling a game you think might not hold up to less than 40 hours of play? I will say, we have a great team of medics that fix almost all the problems with games as the break during the show and Dave Okert, who leads the medic team, did a seminar on fixing WOZ's a year or two ago.

Thanks, makes sense. I'm considering it still, but to drive up Thurs (I think that is when I'd have to bring it?), come back Friday to play and then Sun to pickup is a lot.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Thursday is the main load in day, but you could bring it Friday morning early, a few self transport games do arrive a few hours before the show starts. But it would get a more primo spot for sale if it came Thursday. Ideally someone buys it and takes it home Sunday instead of you, right?

HA, good point!

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I very rarely come home with something I had for sale in the show

I have a feeling WOZ is a bit harder sell than most other games, heck based on what I've seen in the past it's probably going to be one of the most expensive games there for sale used.

1 week later
    #364 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

I have pulled some game audits from the weekend. Audits still to be collected; TSPP, HS and GB
    450 : ST Prem
    451 : MMr
    476 : STTNG
    527 : Met Pro
    566 : KISS Pro
    Overall the numbers seem a little lower than last year (will add those numbers when I find them) even though my row of games were busy all three days. I was surprised that ST numbers were so low. It got a lot of attention on the end, but must have been some long ball times. STTNG was higher than expected as there were two other STTNGs at the show. Plus mine spent some time turned off for ball search issues. It did make me feel better the other two were also down at various times. KISS went down for a few minutes with a broken sling rubber. I expected the Titan silicon parts to last longer than a thousand plays. HS went down for a few minutes for broken flipper return spring. Otherwise it was smooth playing. We are lucky to have such an amazing group of organizers, repair techs and other volunteers. Thanks to all involved!
    [quoted image]

Thanks for bringing your games! I am also seeing titans not last very long. They came stock on my JJPOTC and I had to change them when I bought the game used after it was only a few months old.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-5-31-6-2?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.