(Topic ID: 235150)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (5/31-6/2/19)

By nwpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190530_163056 (resized).jpg
    20190601_142618 (resized).jpg
    S11_AUX_SURVIVED_WEEKEND (resized).JPG
    61839555_2357562274569533_4387127119394635776_n (resized).jpg
    DC049C57-6A34-4FA5-8639-EEE0F1F34220 (resized).jpeg
    0133F34C-0D7E-487F-AFFA-37A1EBF36B43 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6309 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6321 (resized).jpg
    58113510762__39A2CEE0-5A28-4B4F-9D64-905CEABC0D56 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1559467077499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190602_004143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142821 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_145630 (resized).jpg
    There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 4 years ago

The Social's Happy Hour
    4-6pm and 10pm until closing + all day Sunday

Red Sangria Pitcher | $12
    White Sangria Pitcher | $12
    Wine Bottle | $15| $5 Glass

Beer
    Coors Light Pitcher | $13
    Blue Moon Pitcher | $15
    Rainer | $2.50
    Miller Highlife | $2.50

FOOD
    $5
    Fried Garlic Rice Balls
    Fries
    Sweet Potato Fries
    Fried Oysters
    Starter Salad
    Billionaire Bacon
    Cauliflower “Wings”
    Smoked Oysters*

$7
    Grilled Romaine Heart
    Chicken Donburi Bowl
    Fried Calamari
    Sautéed Mushrooms
    Seaweed Salad
    Ahi Wontons
    Seasonal Vegetables
    Bourbon Wings
    Social Wings

$12
    Fresh Half Shell Oysters*
    Rockfish Tacos
    Mahi Tacos
    La Cantina Tacos
    Butternut Tacos
    Shanghai Steak Bites
    Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl*
    Steamed Clams
    Sautéed Prawns

#202 4 years ago

Looking forward to this. Our little tournament is tomorrow in Anchorage, AK, and am coming to Tacoma with my notepad and pencil to learn all I can of hosting larger events.

#203 4 years ago

I can only bring one to sell, but have these if anybody is interested.
    Iron maiden pro huo 5200
    Bk3 pro huo 5300
    Rocky Bullwinkle 2000

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

hat cheesesteak place is the bomb, old school huge sandwiches!

Had a great one today at a place called Surf's Up in Bethany Beach, DE - 16 inches of greatness. Also dropped in on Bethany's arcade (Shore Fun) where they have a line of Skee Ball machines with my replacement LED display boards installed. Played their Munsters, Deadpool and Addams Family pins.

Rob at Shore FunRob at Shore Fun

Bethany this weekend; The Northwest Show next - coast to coast, baby!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#205 4 years ago

NWPAS is one week away! These are the machines planned for the two banks of machines in the pinball tournament area! 16 of the listed modern machines will be in the modern bank, three of them will be backup on the show floor. 10 of the 14 listed classic machines will be in the classic bank, the other 4 are backup and will be on show floor. Backup machines can be brought in at any time, and tournament officials reserve the right to also bring in additional machines as needed that aren't on the list.

Modern Bank:
    Iron Maiden
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Walking Dead
    Tron
    Wizard of Oz
    No Fear
    Raven
    Black Rose
    Star Wars Data East
    Dr Who
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Centaur
    Flash Gordon
    Stern Kiss
    Godzilla
    World Cup Soccer
    Funhouse
    Lord of the Rings
    Metallica

Classic Bank:
    Countdown
    Fast Draw
    Seawitch
    Meteor
    4-Aces
    Space Mission
    Eight Ball
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Blackout
    Spring Break
    Devil's Dare
    Supersonic
    Monte Carlo
    Bally Star Trek

#206 4 years ago

I spent today working one of my Rush the Rock driving arcade games that stopped working during last year's show. The monitor has always been dim since I've owned it, but I had an extra neck board in my parts and swapped it in and boom, I suddenly had full bright colors and contrast. Score! The gas pedal totally died last year, so I swapped in a new potentiometer and got it dialed in. Finally, since I bought it it's had a problem with random forced feedback blasts. Which totally sucks if you are playing against other people, it gives you a disadvantage. I tried replacing both opa541 amp transistors since those are usually at the root of most of the forced feedback problems on Rushes. No luck. Got advice to replace all the 100uf caps before them but had none... so I posted to our local arcade and pinball forums and HighVoltage hooked me up with some. Boom, it solved my problems.

I bought this game as "works great, but it's in pieces and just needs to be put back together" a few years ago and it's finally dialed in for real today. Thanks for everyone that helped out! I've got the networking set up, another Rush the Rock, someone else is bringing 2 more to the show, so we will have 4 networked Rush the Rock Alcatraz editions games at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show next weekend for you to race friends and strangers on. Game on!

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

so we will have 4 networked Rush the Rock Alcatraz editions games at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show next weekend for you to race friends and strangers on.

Track 6 - extreme car = It's DANGEROUS!

#208 4 years ago

Getting closer and excited! Any word on a Wonka yet?

#209 4 years ago

Ready to get my drink on!

#210 4 years ago

Looking to buy a nice LOTR. Anyone bringing one to the show to sell?

#211 4 years ago

I cant wait, only a few more days!

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

I think 4 are coming... that's decent odds that one will be for sale.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Quoted from nwpinball:

I think 4 are coming... that's decent odds that one will be for sale.

According to my wife, ours is definitely not for sale, and I agree.

Sorry, your chances dropped by 25%.

It is nice and shiny and clean, with new titan rubbers and nice LED GI lighting.

IMG_3070 (resized).jpgIMG_3070 (resized).jpg
    #214 4 years ago

Awesome classics line up. Truly commendable.

#215 4 years ago

I posted this in the WPC Yahoo group also (sorry it's a repeat for some).

I found a NWPAS poster on the sidewalk in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood Sunday morning when I picked my daughter up after Code Day Seattle. Looks a little worse for the wear after a hard night partying, but hopefully it accomplished its mission!

IMG_3060 (resized).jpgIMG_3060 (resized).jpg
    #216 4 years ago

Three machines packed up and ready for pickup on Thursday:

IMG_3072 (resized).jpgIMG_3072 (resized).jpg
    #217 4 years ago

My machines wrapped today as well.

#218 4 years ago

im bringing, theater of magic, indy 500, space invaders wide body, all FS

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adaminski:

I posted this in the WPC Yahoo group also (sorry it's a repeat for some).
    I found a NWPAS poster on the sidewalk in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood Sunday morning when I picked my daughter up after Code Day Seattle. Looks a little worse for the wear after a hard night partying, but hopefully it accomplished its mission![quoted image]

I had 1200 hung around Seattle, Capitol Hill gets the most because of the foot traffic. I'm actually amazed it held up so well for being ripped down!

#220 4 years ago

A collector dropped off a Game of Thrones that's been rethemed as Mass Effect 2 this weekend to get picked up with my games. I'm super interested to see how it turned out! Also got a sneak peak at HighVoltage's Duel Firepower when I borrowed some parts from him. There are going to be some cool unique games at this year's show!

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

NWPAS is one week away! These are the machines planned for the two banks of machines in the pinball tournament area! 16 of the listed modern machines will be in the modern bank, three of them will be backup on the show floor. 10 of the 14 listed classic machines will be in the classic bank, the other 4 are backup and will be on show floor. Backup machines can be brought in at any time, and tournament officials reserve the right to also bring in additional machines as needed that aren't on the list.
    Modern Bank:
    Iron Maiden
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Walking Dead
    Tron
    Wizard of Oz
    No Fear
    Raven
    Black Rose
    Star Wars Data East
    Dr Who
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Centaur
    Flash Gordon
    Stern Kiss
    Godzilla
    World Cup Soccer
    Funhouse
    Lord of the Rings
    Metallica
    Classic Bank:
    Countdown
    Fast Draw
    Seawitch
    Meteor
    4-Aces
    Space Mission
    Eight Ball
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Blackout
    Spring Break
    Devil's Dare
    Supersonic
    Monte Carlo
    Bally Star Trek

Are the owners of the machines chosen for tournament area or alternates notified in any way? I think I am the only one bringing KISS or Met and curious if those are now alternates.

#222 4 years ago

<double>

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Are the owners of the machines chosen for tournament area or alternates notified in any way? I think I am the only one bringing KISS or Met and curious if those are now alternates.

Short answer, your games aren't going to be be used in the tournament.

The tournament games aren't listed in the main gamelist, Dave usually gets those all volunteered by league players, as they do a lot of extra testing and set up on them. They have extra backup games on the tournament list, those will be on the floor near the tournament area, they are unique titles, rather than another copy of the same game.

#224 4 years ago

Are tickets at the door the same price as shown on the website?
    i.e.:
    One-Day Pass
    Friday: $25
    Saturday: $30
    Sunday: $20

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Short answer, your games aren't going to be be used in the tournament.
    The tournament games aren't listed in the main gamelist, Dave usually gets those all volunteered by league players, as they do a lot of extra testing and set up on them. They have extra backup games on the tournament list, those will be on the floor near the tournament area, they are unique titles, rather than another copy of the same game.

Ok good. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't expected to set these up for tournament play ahead of time. I am glad to see KISS getting back into the tournament mix The recent code really smooths out the scoring and opens ups new strategies.

#226 4 years ago

<damn double again>

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from DUFUS:

Are tickets at the door the same price as shown on the website?
    i.e.:
    One-Day Pass
    Friday: $25
    Saturday: $30
    Sunday: $20

Yes!

#228 4 years ago

This year's NWPAS Satellite Pinball Tournament series concluded last night with a PinGolf event at 8-Bit that attracted 67 players! There were 9 more winners of Tourney Prize Packages, for a total of 81 packages awarded this season to 68 different players (13 players earned a second guest/+1 package), including 18 Amateur-Rookie eligible players. An additional 9 weekend passes were awarded as part of the Win Guarantee, for players competing in 7 or more satellite tournaments without winning a tourney prize package.

Congratulations to David Johnston for having the best score and winning the Memorial Day Masters. He receives a plaque, but since he already won two packages, he did not get another package, but rather that was passed down to the next winner. Second Place just one stroke away, was Maureen Hendrix, who coincidentally also had already won two packages thus not eligible for a package but still decided to play. The next seven players won packages, Lonnie Langford, Cayle George, Germain Mariolle, John Garnett, Sean Irby, Tim McCool, Matt Anderson. The two guarantee packages to Rookie/Amateur eligible players went to Matt Lauro and Ryan Tupper.

Next stop … it’s SHOW-TIME! See you at the show this coming weekend, it's gonna be a blast!!!

#229 4 years ago

Pinball Fans...

Any San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento Area guys going to the Seattle, Washington "Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show" this weekend, who could bring back a pin for me?

I'm happy to arrange something with you, if you can.

Let me know
    Thanks
    Kerry Richard
    925-963-6300

#230 4 years ago

It's almost go time! All around the Northwest collectors are breaking down games, packing and wrapping and getting ready! How ready are you? I just finished up with my games and they are ready for pickup. But I've got 200 buttons to make, press passes/lanyards to do, pick up 3 more games to stage at my house and a zillion small things to make happen. But I'm feelin' close and not panicking... yet!

games (resized).jpggames (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpgpins (resized).jpg
    #231 4 years ago

1st post~ 3am and done with wrapping. 22 games! I'm the other Rush the Rock guy. I'm self transporting my topper sign(s), so should be quite the sight. Also, the $5 'take it so we don't have to throw it away' game is making its first outing.

Can't say I've had any problems with my Rush the Rock, it's one of my most solid games. Now Super GT - that was a disaster! (my 2 are made up from 7 machines!) Super GT is freshly re-capped and found a loose video connection, for those of you remember from 2018, it had dropped a color, lookin good.

Doc and Patty suggested I get more involved in the community and forums. I've been collecting on my own for over a decade until 2018 when I finally made contact. I had originally passed on the idea because I thought the show was only looking for pinball and classic arcade games. My collection is almost all 90's or newer vids. Now we are looking at 2 trucks worth. i really appreciate the transportation coming so far up north to pickup my games, i could not do it all myself!

Shout out to KenLayton - first forum posts you find when getting into this hobby!

IMG_20180527_030831 (resized).jpgIMG_20180527_030831 (resized).jpgIMG_20190424_183729 (resized).jpgIMG_20190424_183729 (resized).jpgIMG_20190529_030352 (resized).jpgIMG_20190529_030352 (resized).jpg
    #232 4 years ago

The show got a great shout out at the beginning of the latest Straight Down The Middle podcast!

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from CommandLine:

1st post~ 3am and done with wrapping. 22 games! I'm the other Rush the Rock guy. I'm self transporting my topper sign(s), so should be quite the sight. Also, the $5 'take it so we don't have to throw it away' game is making its first outing.
    Can't say I've had any problems with my Rush the Rock, it's one of my most solid games. Now Super GT - that was a disaster! (my 2 are made up from 7 machines!) Super GT is freshly re-capped and found a loose video connection, for those of you remember from 2018, it had dropped a color, lookin good.
    Doc and Patty suggested I get more involved in the community and forums. I've been collecting on my own for over a decade until 2018 when I finally made contact. I had originally passed on the idea because I thought the show was only looking for pinball and classic arcade games. My collection is almost all 90's or newer vids. Now we are looking at 2 trucks worth. i really appreciate the transportation coming so far up north to pickup my games, i could not do it all myself!
    Shout out to kenlayton - first forum posts you find when getting into this hobby![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, the trucks come up all they way to Sedro? I had no idea, my partner lives in Sedro

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man, the trucks come up all they way to Sedro? I had no idea, my partner lives in Sedro

I think for big collections where there is only one stop, yes. That may actually be faster than a truck doing a pick up in Seattle with 3 or 4 stops and much less accessible places. You've been to my place, the truck has to park on the street and we roll each game to it 100 feet.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I think for big collections where there is only one stop, yes. That may actually be faster than a truck doing a pick up in Seattle with 3 or 4 stops and much less accessible places. You've been to my place, the truck has to park on the street and we roll each game to it 100 feet.

Yeah I can totally see that, much more accessible in Sedro...

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The show got a great shout out at the beginning of the latest Straight Down The Middle podcast!

Nice work making that happen!

#237 4 years ago

Question - there are always drawings for stuff - I can only go to the show for one day

Does that mean I can't be in on drawings for the grand prize stuff because you have to be there?

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

Question - there are always drawings for stuff - I can only go to the show for one day
    Does that mean I can't be in on drawings for the grand prize stuff because you have to be there?

For the $1 raffle games, you have to be there during the drawing to win. Those games are a Pinbot and a Golden Tee golf, I think they are drawn at 10pm each night Friday and Saturday. For the $20 grand prize raffle Munsters Premium game, it's drawn during the closing ceremony on Sunday (I think by Eddie Munster too!), you don't need to be there to win, but you would need to pick it up by 11pm Sunday night if you do win. Victoria who won the Houdini last year wasn't there, we called her and she came down and picked it up after the show ended. I think the same thing happened the year before, the guy that won was most of the way back to Spokane with his family, but turned around and came back for his new pin

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from wamonkey:

The biggest prize each year, a NIB game, the winner doesnt have to be present. I think for most others you have to be present.

#240 4 years ago

Show sponsor Nitro Pinball is bringin' it this year, check out their booth at the show. This lineup is killer:

Attack from Mars SE
    Monster Bash SE
    PIrates LE
    Dialed In SE
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest
    Alice Cooper
    Primus
    Beatles Gold
    Munsters Prem
    Deadpool Prem
    Black Knight Pro

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Show sponsor Nitro Pinball is bringin' it this year, check out their booth at the show. This lineup is killer:
    Attack from Mars SE
    Monster Bash SE
    PIrates LE
    Dialed In SE
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest
    Alice Cooper
    Primus
    Beatles Gold
    Munsters Prem
    Deadpool Prem
    Black Knight Pro
    and they are bringing a Willy Wonka for the common area!!!

I am excited about this!

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Attack from Mars SE
    Monster Bash SE
    PIrates LE
    Dialed In SE
    Houdini
    Oktoberfest
    Alice Cooper
    Primus
    Beatles Gold
    Munsters Prem
    Deadpool Prem
    Black Knight Pro
    and they are bringing a Willy Wonka for the common area!!!

I'll be first in line to play Alice Cooper. :)_

#243 4 years ago

Masterman vending is going to bring a huge brand new Halo: Fireteam Raven combat simulator arcade game, check this out:

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

For the $1 raffle games, you have to be there during the drawing to win. Those games are a Pinbot and a Golden Tee golf, I think they are drawn at 10pm each night Friday and Saturday. For the $20 grand prize raffle Munsters Premium game, it's drawn during the closing ceremony on Sunday (I think by Eddie Munster too!), you don't need to be there to win, but you would need to pick it up by 11pm Sunday night if you do win. Victoria who won the Houdini last year wasn't there, we called her and she came down and picked it up after the show ended. I think the same thing happened the year before, the guy that won was most of the way back to Spokane with his family, but turned around and came back for his new pin

Thanks - that is what I thought - I have National Guard duty or I would loan a game or two but other than coming for a few hours on Friday I am out until Sunday evening.

Thanks for responding....

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Masterman vending is going to bring a huge brand new Halo: Fireteam Raven combat simulator arcade game, check this out:

It's even better because I don't have to go to D&B to play it Worth the plane ticket!

#246 4 years ago

Here's a somewhat complete list of the new pin titles that will be on freeplay at this weekend's NW Pinball & Arcade Show:

9 Black Knight Pros
    2 Black Knight Premiums
    5 Munsters Premiums
    3 Deadpool Premiums
    Willy Wonka
    Oktoberfest
    Alice Cooper
    Primus
    Beatles Gold
    Attack from Mars SE
    Monster Bash SE
    PIrates LE
    Dialed In SE
    Houdini
    Batman 66
    Iron Maiden Premium
    Star Wars Premium
    Deadpool Pro
    Medieval Madness (remake)

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

A collector dropped off a Game of Thrones that's been rethemed as Mass Effect 2 this weekend to get picked up with my games. I'm super interested to see how it turned out! Also got a sneak peak at HighVoltage's Duel Firepower when I borrowed some parts from him. There are going to be some cool unique games at this year's show!

Come on. The series finale wasn't THAT bad.

#248 4 years ago

First truck loaded! I still have 10 games to load, plus signs (if they make it). Only reserved the 14'.

1056 (resized).jpg1056 (resized).jpg
    #249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raincity:

Come on. The series finale wasn't THAT bad.

Ha ha ha! It's pretty crazy that someone would convert such a new game, but from it's wrapped up state, I'm not sure if the playfield artwork was converted.

#250 4 years ago

Hey, look at what just arrived at the Tacoma Convention Center...

111newsterns (resized).jpg111newsterns (resized).jpg
    There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-5-31-6-2/page/5?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.