(Topic ID: 235150)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (5/31-6/2/19)

By nwpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190530_163056 (resized).jpg
    20190601_142618 (resized).jpg
    S11_AUX_SURVIVED_WEEKEND (resized).JPG
    61839555_2357562274569533_4387127119394635776_n (resized).jpg
    DC049C57-6A34-4FA5-8639-EEE0F1F34220 (resized).jpeg
    0133F34C-0D7E-487F-AFFA-37A1EBF36B43 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6309 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6321 (resized).jpg
    58113510762__39A2CEE0-5A28-4B4F-9D64-905CEABC0D56 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1559467077499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190602_004143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142821 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_145630 (resized).jpg
    There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

As in show transport/pick up or self transport load in times? I can check with Justin and the transportation/load in crew.

Got the email today, so no worries!

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Well it took us 12 years, but we finally are making some big game etiquette signs. We tried to keep them concise and on point so people will actually read them. One can hope?

Looks great, Dan. How about asking the person in line behind you if they want to start a multi-player game? It's a great way to make a new pinball friend.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Looks great, Dan. How about asking the person in line behind you if they want to start a multi-player game? It's a great way to make a new pinball friend.

While that's a good idea (and people absolutely should), it's probably best if the signs are short and sweet, so folks are more likely to fully read them.

#154 4 years ago

I had that in there for the rough draft, but we tried to cut the text down to a bare minimum. Exactly what burned_fork said.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Got the email today, so no worries!

I have not seen a transportation related email. Whom should I contact Dan?

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I had that in there for the rough draft, but we tried to cut the text down to a bare minimum. Exactly what burned_fork said.

How about having a few laminated pages at the front desk and ask folks to read over them during the payment/ticket transaction?

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

I have not seen a transportation related email. Whom should I contact Dan?

I bet you just got one from Toby about prepping games. I don't think they have the routes and pickup times planned yet, at least I haven't gotten my email about it either. It's always cool to contact me, but I really just handle press, promotions and sponsorships, so I'll refer you to the people in other departments. --Dan

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

How about having a few laminated pages at the front desk and ask folks to read over them during the payment/ticket transaction?

We are going to have a 7 foot sign there. The last thing we want to do is slow down the line, we do it pretty fast and efficiently and I heard about a recent show disaster with lines around the block to get in where people just left. We will have good signage though.

#159 4 years ago

The Ed Fries seminar is now called "Fun with Bronze Age Arcade Machines"

And Matt is bringing his collection of excellent black and white 70s arcade games for the floor!

#160 4 years ago

Two things:

1. First 20 customers at my booth will get a free gift with their purchase.

2. I'm only planning to bring a limited supply of my Skee Ball display boards for the show. If you are considering purchasing any quantity of them please send me a PM because there still time to adjust my plan.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#161 4 years ago
    2019 Speaker Schedule for web (resized).jpg2019 Speaker Schedule for web (resized).jpg
    #162 4 years ago

It sounds like transportation is meeting right now to plan the pick up routes for everyone's games. They emailed out the game prep info to SMAC and WPC tonight and will send it out to all the individual people in the next day or two.

#163 4 years ago

Marco's Booth Line-up for the show:

8- Black Knight Pro
    2- Black Knight Premium (prototype versions!)
    1- Batman 66
    4- Munsters Premium
    1- Iron Maiden Premium
    2- Deadpool Premium
    1- Star Wars Premium
    1- Deadpool Pro
    And potentially a Beatles or two

#164 4 years ago

Today is the last day to buy presale tickets for the show online. If you buy a 3-day pass online we will include a limited edition show button and 11x17 poster: http://nwpinballshow.com/tickets

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Marco's Booth Line-up for the show:
    8- Black Knight Pro
    2- Black Knight Premium (prototype versions!)
    1- Batman 66
    4- Munsters Premium
    1- Iron Maiden Premium
    2- Deadpool Premium
    1- Star Wars Premium
    1- Deadpool Pro
    And potentially a Beatles or two

Thank you Marco! I hope Nitro is bringing plenty of Oktoberfests!

Willy Wonka?
    WoZ Yellow Brick Road?
    Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle?
    Monster Bash Remake?
    Cosmic Carnival?
    Kingpin?

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thank you Marco! I hope Nitro is bringing plenty of Oktoberfests!
    Willy Wonka?
    WoZ Yellow Brick Road?
    Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle?
    Monster Bash Remake?
    Cosmic Carnival?
    Kingpin?

You are very optimistic! I don't yet have the Nitro booth game list, but should soon!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

You are very optimistic!

I just have faith in the world's greatest pinball show!

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I just have faith in the world's greatest pinball show!

Same here!

#169 4 years ago

I'll be happy if I get a spin on Wonka and ACNC. Really I'll be happy regardless, but those are the two new games I am most interested in.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

I'll be happy if I get a spin on Wonka and ACNC. Really I'll be happy regardless, but those are the two new games I am most interested in.

Keeping my fingers crossed there will be a Wonka available to play!

#171 4 years ago

Anyone have a list of games they want to pick up or games they're bringing to sell/trade?

I'll have a Royal Rumble and Cyclone for sale on the show floor. Would love to pick up a Demo Man or DrDude!

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Anyone have a list of games they want to pick up or games they're bringing to sell/trade?
    I'll have a Royal Rumble and Cyclone for sale on the show floor. Would love to pick up a Demo Man or DrDude!

Are you only trading or will you also sell? Thanks

#173 4 years ago

I have a Wizard of Oz I can bring if someone is interested.

#174 4 years ago

Ways to sell games at the show:
    -Bring a game during set up, put it out on the floor, put a for sale sign with price and contact info, sell game!
    -There will be a bulletin board in the lobby as usual for buying, selling and trading games. Post and ad there with contact info.

I've definitely gotten a lot of emails from the website and phonecalls from people looking to buy their first game, buy a game, or sell a game they've had for years and don't know how to sell. Also one restored 70s slot machine a nice woman is trying to sell or trade and to buy a 70s or 80s pin. There will be lots of buyers.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Are you only trading or will you also sell? Thanks

Depends on what people have up for sale/trade. If there isnt anything I'm excited for, I'll just be doing a sale. Have a DM or DrD by chance?

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Ways to sell games at the show:
    -Bring a game during set up, put it out on the floor, put a for sale sign with price and contact info, sell game!
    -There will be a bulletin board in the lobby as usual for buying, selling and trading games. Post and ad there with contact info.
    I've definitely gotten a lot of emails from the website and phonecalls from people looking to buy their first game, buy a game, or sell a game they've had for years and don't know how to sell. Also one restored 70s slot machine a nice woman is trying to sell or trade and to buy a 70s or 80s pin. There will be lots of buyers.

Have you considered a location (and I know there is no room, lol) for pins just wanting to be sold and not played? Maybe I'm in the small minority but I'd want to bring my WOZ for sale but would rather not have people playing it all weekend since things break more often than others and if its turned off and broken it would surely turn some buyers off.

#177 4 years ago

Looking forward to playing the Gottlieb 2001 that's registered for the show.

If anyone has one (or its add-a-ball twin Dimension) for sale I'd love to talk to you.

One week to showtime! Been looking forward to this since we got back from TPF.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Have you considered a location (and I know there is no room, lol) for pins just wanting to be sold and not played? Maybe I'm in the small minority but I'd want to bring my WOZ for sale but would rather not have people playing it all weekend since things break more often than others and if its turned off and broken it would surely turn some buyers off.

We considered it years ago. The general consensus was it would cost more money for the show to rent another room and facilitating sales is not really one of the goals of the show. The main reason we suggest people sell games at the show because we want more games on the floor for people to play.

Why'd you be selling a game you think might not hold up to less than 40 hours of play? I will say, we have a great team of medics that fix almost all the problems with games as the break during the show and Dave Okert, who leads the medic team, did a seminar on fixing WOZ's a year or two ago.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Depends on what people have up for sale/trade. If there isnt anything I'm excited for, I'll just be doing a sale. Have a DM or DrD by chance?

Last year I did, but alas not this year. I have a buddy who's looking for a WWF.

#180 4 years ago

One week away from my favorite weekend of the year... and I'm graduating college this year

#181 4 years ago

I need this 3 day weekend to finish getting all my games ready and make show buttons! It's crunch time!

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Last year I did, but alas not this year. I have a buddy who's looking for a WWF.

Here's the most recent picture of it at a friends place a few weeks ago.

0DB67033-0EA3-4DDD-88F0-F5E060F8A5F8 (resized).jpeg0DB67033-0EA3-4DDD-88F0-F5E060F8A5F8 (resized).jpeg
    #183 4 years ago

The NWPAS Satellite last night at Flip Flip, Ding Ding attracted a field of 60 players! Bryan Eastman had a very strong showing including wins against several of the top players in the world, to take the win. It's by far the biggest win of his pinball career, and will earn him more than triple the number of IFPA WPPR ranking points as his next best finish. Germain Mariolle took second place, and Maureen Hendrix and Mike P. tied for 3rd. Mike Corbett finished 5th, and David Johnston and Sean Irby tied for 6th.

All of the above win NWPAS Tournament packages, except for Mike Corbett who had already won the maximum of two packages during the satellite events and was playing for fun You rock Mike! George Kent also wins a tournament package as the top Amateur/Rookie eligible player; while he didn't make the final 8, he was the top finisher of four eligible finishers to make it into the top 16. Congratulations to all the winners!

There is now only one NWPAS Satellite tournament remaining before the big show, the Memorial Day Masters at 8-bit on Monday. There are still a few tee-off times remaining, sign up here to reserve your start time: https://tinyurl.com/memorial-day-masters

111flip1 (resized).jpg111flip1 (resized).jpg111flip2 (resized).jpg111flip2 (resized).jpg
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We considered it years ago. The general consensus was it would cost more money for the show to rent another room and facilitating sales is not really one of the goals of the show. The main reason we suggest people sell games at the show because we want more games on the floor for people to play.
    Why'd you be selling a game you think might not hold up to less than 40 hours of play? I will say, we have a great team of medics that fix almost all the problems with games as the break during the show and Dave Okert, who leads the medic team, did a seminar on fixing WOZ's a year or two ago.

Thanks, makes sense. I'm considering it still, but to drive up Thurs (I think that is when I'd have to bring it?), come back Friday to play and then Sun to pickup is a lot.

#185 4 years ago

Thanks, makes sense. I'm considering it still, but to drive up Thurs (I think that is when I'd have to bring it?), come back Friday to play and then Sun to pickup is a lot.

Thursday is the main load in day, but you could bring it Friday morning early, a few self transport games do arrive a few hours before the show starts. But it would get a more primo spot for sale if it came Thursday. Ideally someone buys it and takes it home Sunday instead of you, right?

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Here's the most recent picture of it at a friends place a few weeks ago.[quoted image]

Oh yeah that looks nice! Will definitely check it out at the show

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Thursday is the main load in day, but you could bring it Friday morning early, a few self transport games do arrive a few hours before the show starts. But it would get a more primo spot for sale if it came Thursday. Ideally someone buys it and takes it home Sunday instead of you, right?

I very rarely come home with something I had for sale in the show

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

HA, good point!

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I have a feeling WOZ is a bit harder sell than most other games, heck based on what I've seen in the past it's probably going to be one of the most expensive games there for sale used.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Someone is interested in your Sprint 2 project game, they posted looking for a Sprint on SMAC and I referred them to your FB post Ronnie.

#191 4 years ago

I have a feeling WOZ is a bit harder sell than most other games, heck based on what I've seen in the past it's probably going to be one of the most expensive games there for sale used.

This is true and the one person I know that wanted one just bought one. That said, there are a lot of techie folks in the area with money to burn that show up to the show, decide they want to buy a game, and dropping 7-8K is nothing to them.

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Someone is interested in your Sprint 2 project game, they posted looking for a Sprint on SMAC and I referred them to your FB post Ronnie.

Thanks man!

#193 4 years ago

i'll have a Gottlieb Super Mario Bros for sale on the floor; I was going to also have a-rough-and-ready F-14 Tomcat but it looks that one is already spoken for (though if for some reason that buyer passes i'll put a for sale sign on it.)

gotta make space since one of those BKSORs is mine.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I need this 3 day weekend to finish getting all my games ready and make show buttons! It's crunch time!

Right there with you. Rally!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#195 4 years ago

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations for the area immediately around the convention center? The Office bar has decent food but it isn't particularly close. The Mexican place is close and pretty good, but I'm not looking to eat every meal there.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations for the area immediately around the convention center? The Office bar has decent food but it isn't particularly close. The Mexican place is close and pretty good, but I'm not looking to eat every meal there.

https://www.harmonbrewingco.com/

#197 4 years ago

within a 3 block radius you have

on or near Pacific Ave: the Evergreen Café, Zeek's Pizza, Jimmy Johns, Pho Than Bros, Sam Choy's Poke, the Old Spaghetti Factory, and for a more expensive meal, Pacific Grill or THEKOI Japanese. there is also Starbucks, Anthem Coffee, Hot Rod Dogs, and Subway slightly further south towards the UWT campus. at lot of these cater to the business or college crowd so you might want to check hours before heading up that way as they might be more limited on the weekends than you would expect.

on Market & 19th there's the Swiss Pub and The Rock (wood-fired pizza.)

on Tacoma Ave (up the hill) is one of my personal favorites with Go Phily cheesesteaks (and wings and fish.)

#198 4 years ago

That cheesesteak place is the bomb, old school huge sandwiches!

#199 4 years ago

If you go to the show website and click More in the top menu, Godot put together a great Google map with all the local restaurants he recommends pinned on it.

My faves:
    Evergreen Cafe, located right near the hotel on the lower side on the corner. Good breakfast and lunch options for sandwiches, coffee, etc. I grab breakfast and half my lunches here during the show.

The Social is across the skybridge over the freeway down by the water, it's a 10 minute walk and had outdoor and indoor seating. There happy hour is great, $12 pitchers of sangria and all kinds of small plates for pretty cheap. If it's sunny, it's an awesome place to sit outside and eat and drink.

The Swiss, The Rock pizza and the Harmon Brewery are all within a couple blocks and good for lunch and dinner for American style pub food. Nothing amazing, but a decent meal.

For nice nearby restaurants, Pacific Grill and Indochine. There are a ton of restaurants if you take a 10 minute walk towards Dorky's.

Don't sleep on either of the tiki bars too, they are great!

#200 4 years ago

there's only one Tiki bar now and it's some quite some distance from the venue. the Cabana that was just down the street from Dorky's and the Office is now closed.

oh, and there's also a new cheesesteak place on north on Commerce called Straight From Philly. gets good reviews but I have not tried it yet.

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-5-31-6-2/page/4?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.