(Topic ID: 235150)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (5/31-6/2/19)

By nwpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190530_163056 (resized).jpg
    20190601_142618 (resized).jpg
    S11_AUX_SURVIVED_WEEKEND (resized).JPG
    61839555_2357562274569533_4387127119394635776_n (resized).jpg
    DC049C57-6A34-4FA5-8639-EEE0F1F34220 (resized).jpeg
    0133F34C-0D7E-487F-AFFA-37A1EBF36B43 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6309 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6321 (resized).jpg
    58113510762__39A2CEE0-5A28-4B4F-9D64-905CEABC0D56 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1559467077499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190602_004143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142821 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_145630 (resized).jpg

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 4 years ago

Ken, that is an erroneous rumor which has recently be floating around. It was confirmed earlier today on a different on-line forum (the WPC list) by the person in charge of vendors that Pinball Bulbs has a booth space reserved for the event and as far as the show is aware will be attending.

There has been some confusion as another vendor, who did not reserve a booth, was interested in sub-leasing some of Pinball Bulb's space, but that is against the show rules and therefore will be unable to do so.

#52 4 years ago

Weird false rumor! Pinballbulbs is a sponsor of the show and will have their normal rad booth! I just rapped the details with Mark today. They will have 6 tricked out pins and all their bulbs.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from mc300baud:

Ken, that is an erroneous rumor which has recently be floating around. It was confirmed earlier today on a different on-line forum (the WPC list) by the person in charge of vendors that Pinball Bulbs has a booth space reserved for the event and as far as the show is aware will be attending.
    There has been some confusion as another vendor, who did not reserve a booth, was interested in sub-leasing some of Pinball Bulb's space, but that is against the show rules and therefore will be unable to do so.

Actually we worked that out, they can bring pins as long as they don't act as a Stern dealer or sell new Sterns. People blow stuff way out of proportion, these negotiations are normal show stuff. Next Level can be there as an arcade and bring and sell used tricked out pins and will have half a dozen, it will be cool. But Nitro and Marco worked out a deal with Stern where they are the Stern dealers for the show.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Do vendors need to be invited? Isn't it up to the vendor to apply if they want a booth? Maybe they decided not to come?

Vendors don't need to be invited, they can sign up via the website. Whoever started that rumor is crazypants. Our show draws 4,000 people. Vendors make thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, people buy insane amounts of LEDs at the show from Pinballbulbs, of course our sponsor that has been at the show forever and who's logo is all over our flyers, posters and website is invited and has a booth.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Weird false rumor! Pinballbulbs is a sponsor of the show and will have their normal rad booth! I just rapped the details with Mark today. They will have 6 tricked out pins and all their bulbs.

Very glad to hear this!

#56 4 years ago

Glad to hear this. Welby will be coming to stock up on LED bulbs. His supply is very low. I've been fixing a lot of machines for him.

JP is supposed to be bringing lots of playfield glass this year.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Vendors don't need to be invited, they can sign up via the website.

Yup - this worked perfectly for me. Couldn't be easier.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Glad to hear this. Welby will be coming to stock up on LED bulbs. His supply is very low. I've been fixing a lot of machines for him.
    JP is supposed to be bringing lots of playfield glass this year.

Sweet, I need glass for a couple games, as well at LEDs for my Funhouse restore.

#59 4 years ago

Did you ever come up with a price for your posters? Would like 2, sent to ellensburg. Not sure if I'm able to make it to show. Thx

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did you ever come up with a price for your posters? Would like 2, sent to ellensburg. Not sure if I'm able to make it to show. Thx

OK, I'm finally caught up on show stuff and can send out posters to individual people. 2 posters, $20, sent in a poster tube to anywhere in the U.S. Paypal [email protected]. If people want them overseas, postage will vary by location, PM me. --Dan

2019_nwpinballshow_poster (resized).jpg2019_nwpinballshow_poster (resized).jpg
    #61 4 years ago

Hey everyone, the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is less than 6 weeks away and we aren't even halfway there towards the number games we need to make it the fun community event we want host. Please consider bringing games, please consider finishing off an extra project or two and adding it to the games you already have going, if you own or work with an arcade, try to talk them into sending a bunch of games... and pinball collectors, we need you the most, you are lagging behind the arcade games and people want pins!

There are great incentives for bringing games like passes and raffle tickets, but the biggest incentive of all should be promoting our hobby and working with the collector community to build the biggest arcade in the Northwest! It's fun to participate and get involved and the public absolutely loves getting to play your games. Volunteer games today at:
    https://volunteer.nwpinballshow.com/

#62 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Nitro will be selling PDI glass at the show & if so, how much ?

Bought a sheet a couple years ago at the show & need another to avoid shipping costs.

#63 4 years ago

Rich Bros. booth will be fully stocked with parts, project pins and arcades this year!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Humph:

Does anyone know if Nitro will be selling PDI glass at the show & if so, how much ?
    Bought a sheet a couple years ago at the show & need another to avoid shipping costs.

No PDI this year. We will have Stern HD glass. $240 cash & carry

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Lets get some hype going for one of the best shows in the country! I feel like there has been a lack of activity on this thread!

This week it's all about Allentown for me, then my cross-country trip for the NW Show is front and center in my mind! The Allentown threads are crazy-busy... like 100 posts a day across the "for sale", "partying", and "hotel/town talk" threads.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

This week it's all about Allentown for me, then my cross-country trip for the NW Show is front and center in my mind! The Allentown threads are crazy-busy... like 100 posts a day across the "for sale", "partying", and "hotel/town talk" threads.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

That sounds great! I always assume this show has more banter about it beforehand than it really does. So many people and games come that you assume it has crazy threads like that.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

That sounds great! I always assume this show has more banter about it beforehand than it really does. So many people and games come that you assume it has crazy threads like that.

It's kinda weird because the Northwest show draws a lot more people than a lot of the other shows, over 4,000 last year, and has a lot more games on freeplay than a lot of shows, 480 last year. The tournaments are huge, the women's tournament has been the biggest in the world for the last two years. But because Seattle/Tacoma is way up in the corner of the country, it doesn't get a lot of national talk and the vast majority of attendees are local to the Northwest. A couple hundred fly in for it, but because it's further to drive too than other shows, it's draw is more local. And also the local collectors all know each other from repairs parties, show planning meetings, pinball tournaments, pinball leagues, etc. and have many local forums outside of Pinside that are more active than Northwest threads (WPC, SMAC, Westcoast Pinball Collectors on Facebook, etc.) I think a lot of Northwest people don't read Pinside very regularly. So when getting the word out about the show, I post things here, in the Facebook groups and on the local collector list-servs, on the local groups there is a lot more response and conversation going on, always. --Dan

#68 4 years ago

Shhhh ... it's a Northwest best-kept secret.
    Been attending almost since 1st inception in Seattle

#69 4 years ago

This is my third year coming here and I can't wait!

#70 4 years ago

No way - I'm too excited about coming... too worried about the timing and comfort of my stupid Spriit Air flights... too jazzed to see the convention center full of pins... too concerned about keeping my bags under the weight limits... to be quiet about the Northwest show. I've hinted to several folks in my local pinball league about attending the show but no sales yet. I've talked to one Canadian who says he's making the trek this year so that'll be cool.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement potentiometer solutions for Williams system 3-7 sound boards

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

No way - I'm too excited about coming... too worried about the timing and comfort of my stupid Spriit Air flights... too jazzed to see the convention center full of pins... too concerned about keeping my bags under the weight limits... to be quiet about the Northwest show. I've hinted to several folks in my local pinball league about attending the show but no sales yet. I've talked to one Canadian who says he's making the trek this year so that'll be cool.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement potentiometer solutions for Williams system 3-7 sound boards

Rob, I plan to hype you being here on social media, if you want to send me any info directly hit me at [email protected]. We have tons of attendees, collectors and lots of tech money in this area, along with your boards, any other small stuff the general population might be interested in or buy will sell like gangbusters. I'm running your daughterboard in a couple of my pins and definitely want to buy more at the show. Gotta keep all my mods running!

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

like 100 posts a day across the "for sale", "partying", and "hotel/town talk" threads

I can't keep up - 122 posts during the 2 hours I was loading the car for tomorrow's drive to Allentown. One is a post from a guy in the DC area league promising to set up a Barry Manilow machine in free play directly across from my booth so I have something "sweet" to listen to all weekend...

-Rob

#74 4 years ago

Closing day of Allentown - it been a terrific show. Here is a pic of my booth with people standing in line behind it to play Wonka. I will be bringing most of this setup to Tacoma.

KAHR.US at AllentownKAHR.US at Allentown

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Closing day of Allentown - it been a terrific show. Here is a pic of my booth with people standing in line behind it to play Wonka. I will be bringing most of this setup to Tacoma.
    [quoted image]
    -Rob

Looks great! Can't wait to get a couple of things from you at the show...

#76 4 years ago

Don't ask why but I took a photo of my empty booth at Allentown after breaking everything down and packing in the SUV. Allentown is over for another year but no post-show depression here - having NW show on the near horizon this year is great medicine!

KAHR.US Booth vacated at end of Allentown showKAHR.US Booth vacated at end of Allentown show

-Rob

#77 4 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade show pioneered bringing in pinball game designers, artists and programmers to speak about their past and current projects... now that's the standard for shows. In an effort to do something new, last year we introduced Champion vs. Champion where two top ranked pinball players competed, on stage, and shared with the audience not only their skills, but their backgrounds and tips and advice on playing pinball and competing in tournaments. It was so popular, we are bringing it back this year with the reigning IFPA World Champion and IFPA Womens World Champion!

Raymond and Keri will be not only be playing against each other in various displays of pinball skill, they will also share their pinball backgrounds, tournament experience, take your questions and much more! Friday night at the show, this is where the action is!!!

world champions (resized).jpgworld champions (resized).jpg
    #78 4 years ago

Hey gang, Mezel Mods is planning some sort of presence at the Northwest Show this year (still finalizing what that will look like as we are a bit late in our decision to come). We have always wanted to head Northwest so be on the lookout for us at the show!
    We are offering a show special for those interested in our new line of Playfield and Shooter Lane protectors.

Get 10% off our line of Playfield Protectors (newer Sterns plus a few JJP games); when you purchase a Playfield Protector, you also receive a game-specific shooter lane protector! Great value and quality. Check out our product listing at Mezel Mods for more about this great product line.

Use code SHOW-ME for 10% off your playfield protector (show pick up only). If you are interested in a group/bulk purchase, contact us for details ([email protected])

Order no later than Friday, May 24th Select Show Pick Up at check out and save on shipping costs!
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

#79 4 years ago

Thinking of attending so I checked out the website. Curious if there will be an update to the games list confirming any of the newer pins that will be present at NW Pin&Arcade Show (BK:SOR/WONKA/Oktoberfest/WOZYBR, etc...)? Also, the seminar/speakers list hasn't been updated for a while. Hoping to see some updates soon before committing.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gasoline:

Thinking of attending so I checked out the website. Curious if there will be an update to the games list confirming any of the newer pins that will be present at NW Pin&Arcade Show (BK:SOR/WONKA/Oktoberfest/WOZYBR, etc...)? Also, the seminar/speakers list hasn't been updated for a while. Hoping to see some updates soon before committing.

I've already committed as there's nothing like that up here in AK, and PA was just too much of a plane ride. Hope it's great! BTW there's not much in the way of accommodations around the Tacoma convention center.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Hey everyone, the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is less than 6 weeks away and we aren't even halfway there towards the number games we need to make it the fun community event we want host. Please consider bringing games, please consider finishing off an extra project or two and adding it to the games you already have going, if you own or work with an arcade, try to talk them into sending a bunch of games... and pinball collectors, we need you the most, you are lagging behind the arcade games and people want pins!
    There are great incentives for bringing games like passes and raffle tickets, but the biggest incentive of all should be promoting our hobby and working with the collector community to build the biggest arcade in the Northwest! It's fun to participate and get involved and the public absolutely loves getting to play your games. Volunteer games today at:
    https://volunteer.nwpinballshow.com/

What about transport to/from Alaska? (I live in Alaska)

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Mezel Mods is planning some sort of presence at the Northwest Show this year

Thanks for coming out to our show.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

What about transport to/from Alaska? (I live in Alaska)

My bad- clearly I replied to the WRONG message here. Sorry about that!

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gasoline:

The newer pins list usually comes in the last couple weeks as most of them will be in the Nitro and Marco booths, generally it's 20-25 NIB new pins between their booths. I'd expect a bunch of Black Knights and a few Oktoberfests (American is coming), a bunch of the newer Sterns, and the latest from every manufacturer.

This year we are not doing a lot of big name speakers on purpose, we do that every year and now everyone does it. There will be a few, along with tech seminars and the pinball champions. I'm not sure why the schedule isn't up, I'll get on it.

#85 4 years ago

The game list deadline for show transport is May 15th. Please submit your games ASAP! It really helps with planning out the pick up routes! And we definitely want your games for the show!

By May 16th we should have a good idea what the games list is going to look like.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Hey gang, Mezel Mods is planning some sort of presence at the Northwest Show this year (still finalizing what that will look like as we are a bit late in our decision to come). We have always wanted to head Northwest so be on the lookout for us at the show!

AWESOME! See you there! This is going to be a great event

-Rob

#87 4 years ago

Here's a rough draft of the speaker and seminar schedule:

FRIDAY MAY 31 SHOW HOURS: 12pm ‐ 11:30pm
    3:30pm 4:30pm Dave Okert / David Shoemaker Tech Seminar ‐ (Title TBD)
    5:00pm 6:00pm Dave Okert / David Shoemaker Tech Seminar ‐ (Title TBD)
    7:00pm 8:00pm The Champions 2 Raymond Davidson vs. Keri Wing

SATURDAY JUNE 1 SHOW HOURS: 10am ‐ 11:30pm
    12:30pm 1:30pm Victor Tan Electron Vision: Pinball Superpower
    2:00pm 3:00pm Butch Peel Pinball Shopping and Repair: Plain and Simple
    3:30pm 4:30pm Zombi Yeti Pinball Art (Title TBD)
    5:00pm 6:00pm Ed Fries A History of 8‐Bit Game Design
    8:00pm 9:00pm John Robertson Tech Seminar (Title TBD)
    10:30pm 11:30pm NW Women's Pinball Championship Final Match Hosted by Dave Stewart & Chase Nunes

SUNDAY JUNE 2 SHOW HOURS: 9am ‐ 3pm
    1:00pm 2:00pm Closing Ceremony Scholarship / Awards / Recognition / Drawing for The Munsters pinball raffle

#88 4 years ago

The NW Pinball & Arcade Show at the end of the month is a great place to sell your pinball games!

Typically there are tons of first time buyers and collectors looking to buy pins with far more demand than supply, couple that with the wealthy market and higher regional prices, games for sale at the show often sell at premium prices. Bring your game, have it out on the floor for people to try before they buy, put a price on it with contact info and watch it sell!

#89 4 years ago

TOURNAMENT INFO!

Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (NWPAS) provides competitive pinball players in the Pacific Northwest a high quality pinball tournament experience, that begins with the satellite series, and ends with several major events at the show, including the prestigious NW Women's Pinball Championship, a uniquely designed Open Match Play Tournament, and the nation's best attended PinGolf event.

Satellite Events!
    Weekly tournaments at your favorite local establishments in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. 15 Satellite Tournaments!!
    • Estimated 80+ Tournament Prize Packages to be won!! for a combined prize pool valued at over $10,000!
    • New in 2019: We'll be using the Fair Strike Group Knockout format in a few of the satellite events!
    • Any player can win packages in up to two events during the tournament series, to give one to a friend or family member
    • Variety of tournament formats: Match Play, Multi-Play, Knockout, Group Knockout, PinGolf, and Team Brawl!
    • IFPA World Pinball Player Ranking (WPPR) points towards state and international rankings for many events
    • Entry only $10 to Enter any satellite tournament
    • Lots of raffle prizes at every event
    • Win Guarantee - See Details below!

Remaining 2019 NWPAS Satellite Pinball Tournaments
    Day Date Time Tourney Name Location City/Neighborhood Format IFPA Capª Restrictions

Fri 10-May 8:00p Viking Fights Olaf's Bar SEA-Ballard 3-Strike Knockout No 56 21+, No IPR=6
    Wed 15-May 9:00p Tacoma Showdown Triple Knock Tacoma 3-Strike Knockout Yes 64 21+
    Sat 18-May 4:00p Nitro Battle Royale Nitro@Another Castle Marysville Fair Strike Group Knockout Yes 64 21+
    Thu 23-May 8:00p Georgetown Flip-Offs Flip Flip Ding Ding SEA-Georgetown Match Play, MMP Final Yes 72 21+
    Mon 27-May Noon** Memorial Day Masters 8-Bit Arcade Renton PinGolf No 72 All Ages

Time represents when tourney starts. Registration opens about one hour before, closes 10 minutes before listed time.
    ª Expected Player cap. Actual player cap could vary depending on availability of machines that day. Registration closes early if cap is met.
    *Babes in Pinland results will be submitted to IFPA for Women's rankings.
    IPR restrictions refer to Individual Player Rating, per http://pinballstats.info/search/. IPR=6 is an A-division restricted player.
    **Tee times from Noon until about 5pm. Reserve your tee time online (https://tinyurl.com/memorial-day-masters).

Tournament Prize Packages
    Each Tournament Prize Package has a value between $125 and $155, and consists of:
    • Weekend Pass to Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show (NWPAS), May 31-June 2, 2019, at Tacoma Convention Center ($65 value)
    • Entry into NWPAS Main Pinball Tournament ($30 value)
    • Entry into NWPAS Classic PinGolf Tournament ($30 value)
    • If winner of package is a women, then Entry into Northwest Women's Pinball Championship ($20 value)
    • If winner of package is eligible for NWPAS Rookie&Amateur Match Play Tournament, then entry into that tournament too ($10 value)
    • The WINNER (1st Place) of each satellite tournament also gets a plaque!
    Win Guarantee
    We want everyone to go to the show, and doing what we can to help! So if you play in at least 7 of the satellite tournaments, and you don’t win a tournament prize package, then we’ll GIVE you a weekend pass to the show ($65 value), for your support and participation of the tournament series.
    Prize Pool
    Minimum THREE Tournament Prize Packages per Satellite Tournament
    • Additional prize package for every additional players (32 players = 4 total packages; 40 players = 5 total packages, etc.).
    • Any player can win packages in up to two events during the series, to give one to a friend or family member
    • Plaque for winner of every tournament (excluding MNP Team Brawl).
    One of the Tournament Prize Packages is guaranteed for the top finishing Rookie&Amateur eligible player who has an Individual Player Rating (IPR) of 3 or less, among those who meet a minimum eligibility threshold:
    • Player has not yet won a package via this Rookie&Amateur Guarantee in a prior satellite this season.
    • In Match-Play, player must have at least advanced to the first playoff round.
    • In a 3-Strike Knockout or Group Knockout tournament, player must have survived at least through Round 6.
    • In PinGolf, player must at least be in top 50%.
    • The rule doesn't apply to the MNP Team Brawl, but due to team cap, we expect multiple players with IPR of 3 or less to win packages.
    • If there are no players who reach the eligibility threshold, or the top-finishing player with IPR 3 or less ranks high enough to win a regular package, the prize package will go to the next highest ranked player overall that did not yet receive a package.
    • Check the Monday Night Pinball / NWPAS Player Search page to determine if your IPR.

Plus many raffle prizes at every event!

MNP Team Brawl
    • Every player on winning team wins a tournament package.
    • Additional prizes for 2nd and 3rd place with 8 teams participating.

Additional Details
    • 80 total prize packages is estimated. Actual number of packages could be higher or lower, depending on total number of participants.
    • When a player wins a second package, it is considered a “guest/+1” of their first package. The person they give the package to must accompany them when they check-in to the expo and each tournament.
    • Players who have already won two packages can still play in a tournament and earn WPPR points, win raffle prizes, and win a plaque, but will be ineligible for tournament prize packages. If they qualify for a prize package, the package will go to next highest finishing position.
    • Rebuy in the Main Tournament is $30; players cannot use an entry won in a satellite tournament for a rebuy.
    • The Rookie and Women awards are only offered if the person winning the package is eligible. These awards are not included in a second prize package won by an individual, and thus not part of a package used by a “guest/+1”
    • Players who earn free weekend passes through volunteering time at the show, bringing machines, or as a sponsor, can request a $65 gift certificate to be picked up and used anywhere at show, in lieu of the weekend pass.
    • Tournament prize packages that are not claimed at the show are forfeited.
    • Packages are not transferable, with exception that a winner of two packages can transfer the second one to their “guest/+1”.
    Tournament Format Descriptions
    Below is a description of each tournament format. Note that adjustments to any format could occur up to the time of the event. In general, if there are major changes needed, they will be announced on the Facebook Event page for that tournament, as well as on this website, with as much notice as possible.
    3-Strike Knockout
    This will be the same knockout format as used in many of the local weekly and monthly tournaments, with one key exception. Once all players remaining have won packages, the tournament ends. Final placement is based on number of strikes each player has, with ties for equal strikes.
    If there is more than one player with least number of strikes, then a ONE GAME final playoff game is made amongst those players, with final results of that game determining final position in the tournament.

If there is a tie for who wins a package and who doesn't after multiple players get knocked out, it will be a ONE GAME tie breaker amongst those players.

Fair Strike Group Knockout
    This will be a group knockout tournament in which players are arranged in groups of 4 when possible, but occasionally groups of 3, and with five or less players remaining, possibly group of 2.
    Similar to 3-Strike Knockout, except for how strikes are awarded:
    • A player continues to play until they get 6 (or more) strikes, at which time they are eliminated.
    • Winner of the game does not get a strike.
    • Loser of the game gets two strikes. This would be 4th in a 4-player game, 3rd in a 3-player game, or 2nd in a 2-player game.
    • A player who neither wins nor loses gets 1 strike. This would be both 2nd and 3rd in a 4-player game, and 2nd in a 3-player game.

Once all players remaining have won packages, the tournament ends. Final placement is based on number of strikes each player has, with ties for equal strikes.

If there is more than one player with least number of strikes, then a ONE GAME final playoff game is made amongst those players, with final results of that game determining final position in the tournament.

If there is a tie for who wins a package and who doesn't after multiple players get knocked out, it will be a ONE GAME tie breaker amongst those players.

Match Play, MMP Final
    The qualifying round is a traditional match play tournament.
    • There will be 5 rounds of 4-player games (or some 3-player games if odd number of players).
    • Points will be earned per game based on IFPA Scoring.
    • Ties will be broken as described below.
    Match Multi-Play Playoff Rounds:
    • With 46 or less players (5 packages), top 8 make semi-finals, as two groups of 4 players. Top two of each group moves on to Finals. If needed, a one-game consolation final for the 5th package.
    • With 47 or more players, top 16 make semi-finals. Winner of each semi-final group move on to finals and win packages. 2nd in each group move to consolation finals to compete for remaining packages. In case of a 9th package being available, multi-play consolation final will be among those who finish 3rd in each group (instead of 2nd) in semi-finals, as everyone finishing 2nd will have also won packages.
    • Ties will be broken as described below.
    • Play proceeds similar to qualifying rounds, except that there are 4 players on 4 machines. Rotation to the right occurs similarly.
    • Points are earned for each game based on IFPA Scoring.

PinGolf
    This tournament will run similarly to the qualifying portion of the Classic PinGolf at NWPAS, with just a reduced number of Tee-Off times (72 slots), and no playoff round.
    • Two players tee-off at a time, but still play as one-player games. Players will be able to reserve a tee-off time starting a week before the event.
    • Every machine will be set to 5-ball play, and will list a target score. Reach the target score in 1 ball for a hole in one. Reach it in 2 balls, then get a score of 2 strokes, and so on. If the target score is not reached after 5 balls, then earn a stroke score of 6 to 10, depending on how close to the target score reached. The score ranges (80%, 60%, 40%, 20% of score) will be shown on a note on the backglass.
    • When a player reaches their target score or their game ends, they should raise their hand to call over the scorekeeper to verify and record the score.
    • Extra balls can be played, and counts as an extension of the current ball being played. Thus if a player earns an extra ball on ball 2, and during that ball 2 they reach the target, they get a score of 2.
    • When a target score is reached, the player stops playing and informs the scorekeeper of the number of strokes it took them. All subsequent balls for that player will be plunged.
    • Scores on each machine will be tabulated. The players are ranked from lowest to highest score, with lowest score being declared winner at the end of the event.
    • There will be no finals to this event. Rather, standings after qualifying rounds will determine the winner of packages. Players from earlier rounds do not need to be present at the end to earn their prize; they'll be notified via email or text message.

Players must show up to at least 15 minutes before their scheduled tee-off time and pay their $10 entry fee, or may lose their reserved tee-off time to someone on the Standby list. Registration closes once all tee-off times are filled. Players can get onto a standby list if available to play and there is a no-show.

MNP Team Brawl
    The MNP Team Brawl is a special annual collaboration between Monday Night Pinball and NWPAS, and annually kicks off the NWPAS Satellite Pinball Tournament Series. The tournament is run the old-fashioned way: no computer, no software, with pen and paper, and scores transcribed to a poster board!
    Team Composition:
    • A Maximum of eight teams .
    • Each team must have 10 players. The team will be required to forfeit 3 games during the night for each missing player.
    • The 10 players do not need to match MNP teams, although we expect several of the teams to compete as a whole, or by merging two teams.
    • Team restrictions will use IPR, with maximum cap of 40, no exceptions due to grandfathering. Thus a team currently over the cap of 40 is not eligible; one top player will need to drop out or play for a different team.
    • A maximum of two IPR=6 players on a team.
    • IPRs that are frozen for first half of MNP season will be used, allowing teams to form well ahead of the actual event date.

Pre-registration Required:
    • Entry fee is $100 per team ($10/player).
    • Pre-registration is required by a current MNP Team Captain or Co-Captain.
    • First 8 captains to pay the team entry fee become the managers for the team, and have choice of which players will play on their team.
    • These 8 captains can also choose to captain the team themselves, or delegate to one of the players on the team.
    • Payment for the team needs to be paid fully at once; either cash directly to Dave Stewart, or via Pay Pal.
    • Team Names, Captain's Name, and Rosters are due one week before the MNP Team Brawl. Roster changes after this date are subject to penalties as defined below.

Tournament Format:
    • Each team will compete in four rounds, such that
    • Each round will be against a different team on a pre-selected set of four machines.
    • There will be four doubles matches in a round, such that 8 of the team's 10 players will play each round.
    • Scoring is identical to Monday Night Pinball doubles scoring.
    • After four rounds, the two teams who have earned the most points will compete head to head in one sudden death round, of FIVE doubles games with all 10 players playing, to determine the tournament winner.
    • 3rd and 4th place after the four rounds will play in a Consolation Final Match for additional prizes.
    • The machines for each round will be determined ahead of time and listed on the schedule; teams get to select which players play on each of those pre-selected machines.
    • Each round, one team will be designated as 'home', other team as 'visitor', such that the visiting team picks which players play on which machine first, and will play first during the game.
    • Each team's matches and machines to play will be posted at least four days prior to the event. However, matches or machines are subject to change in unavoidable circumstances (such as machine swap-outs).
    • Every player on the team must play at least 3 of the four rounds, or the team will be penalized 3 points for each player that doesn't play 3 games.

Tie Breakers: in case of a tie for a critical position after four rounds, the tie will be broken using following rules, applied in order until the tie is broken:
    • If exactly two teams tied, and they played each other during one of the rounds, the winner of that round wins the tie.
    • Most number of points earned in one round.
    • Second most number of points earned in one round.
    • Third most number of points earned in one round.
    • Most number of games won with 5 points.
    • Most number of games won with 4 points.
    • Most number of games won with 3 points.
    • If tied, but for seeding only, flip a coin.
    • If the tie cannot be broken by the above criteria, a single tie-breaker game will be played. Each team picks three players, each player plays one ball. Randomly chosen machine.

Roster Change Penalties:
    • Rosters are due one week before the event. There will be no penalties for roster changes up until this deadline.
    • A team that fails to submit their roster by the due date will incur 2-points penalty per day late.
    • No penalty for up to one roster change made between March 12 and 16th.
    • One penalty match point for each additional roster change made between March 12th and 16th.
    • Two penalty match points for any roster change made within a day of the brawl (March 17th or on March 18th), regardless of whether or not you've made prior roster changes.
    • Maximum penalty due to roster issues for a team is 9 points.
    • Rationale: Team schedule, machines, and rosters will be posted at least four days prior to the event. This allows teams to strategize ahead of time, and have different players practice different machines, in preparation for playing various opponents. Last minute roster changes are surprised to the opponents and can impact such strategy and are thus unfair to opposing teams; thus penalty points are used to encourage establishing a solid roster early, and discourage late changes.

Prizes:
    • Each of the 10 players on the winning team will win an NWPAS tournament package.
    • The second place team (loser of the finals match) will win a box of SWAG, a collection of items from various NWPAS and location sponsors.
    • The third place team (winner of the Consolation Finals), each player on the team will earn a Free Entry into one of the other 2019 NWPAS Satellite Tournaments.

Scoring and General Tournament Rules
    Tie-breaking rules for Match Play rounds
    • First Tie Breaker: Number of 7-point wins, number of games with 6 points, number of games with 5 points, etc.
    • A significant tie is one that affects who advances or doesn't, or produces a different prize amount. The second and subsequent tie-breaking depends on whether it is a significant tie or not.
    • If not a significant tie, then ties for seeding will be broken randomly, ties for final position will be submitted as a tie.
    • Second Tie Breaker if still tied and it is a significant tie: Player who scored highest in last round. Then previous round(s).
    • Third Tie Breaker if still tied and it is a significant tie: One ball sudden death on machine randomly selected by tournament director.
    • When using NWPAS Software with NWPAS scoring, the first tie breaker will be illustrated in the results via a decimal point in a player's total points earned. 0.1 added for each 7-point win. 0.01 for each 6-point win. 0.001 for each 5-point win.
    • Thus a score of 23.102 means one 7-point win, zero 6-point wins, and two 5-point wins.
    • When using Matchplay.events software with IFPA scoring, the number of firsts and seconds are displayed in the rightmost column of the standings, to the right of total points earned.
    Tie-breaking rules for Match Multi-Play rounds

• Tied players will play a one-ball tie-breaker on a randomly selected machine from the bank they just finished playing.
    Tie-breaking rules for Knockout Tournaments
    • A significant tie is one that affects prize money.
    • Significant ties in knockout tournaments will be broken with ONE FULL GAME among the tied players.
    • Non-significant ties will be left as a tie in final results.
    IFPA Scoring
    IFPA Scoring will be used for all Match Multi-Play Rounds, and Match Play Tournaments excluding the NW Women's Championship and NWPAS Open Match Play Tournament. Scoring for each game is as follows:
    • 4-Player Games: 7-5-3-1
    • 3-Player Games: 7-4-1
    • 2-Player Games: 7-3
    Malfunctions and Rulings
    Anytime an abnormal circumstance occurs, a tournament official should be notified. To ensure consistency throughout the tournament, PLAYERS SHOULD NOT RESOLVE ISSUES ON THEIR OWN. Except for customized rules explicitly covered on this website, PAPA/IFPA Tournament Rules will be used to address malfunctions and as the basis for rulings. Note also that any rule posted at the event, such as on the backglass of a machine, will override any rule described herein. The rules listed here are generalized for all NWPAS events, and might not apply to some specific formats.

Runaway Score Rule: Pinball is not a timed game, and occasionally a player has a dominating game that could take a half hour to an hour or more. While these can be impressive games to watch, they wreak havoc on a tournament schedule. This Runaway Score rule is to address such long games to ensure sufficient time to play every game within constraints imposed by the schedule. If a player has an extremely strong game in which it is highly unlikely that any opponent catches them, the tournament official may invoke this rule and ask the player to end their ball and game, in favor of saving time. The tournament official may consider factors such as reachability of the score by opponents, prior demonstrated strength of opponents, whether the round is ahead or behind schedule, or other factors that can affect successfully running a full round. Should this occur, the player automatically receives 7 points for the win (or 3 points in multi-play scoring), regardless of the ensuing performance of any other player. During the course of the game, if any other player catches this runaway score, that player will also receive 7 points (or 3 points in multi-play scoring), and be asked to end their ball and game. Points earned by other players who do not exceed this runaway score will be per the position they finish in. If only one player reaches runaway score, then bonus points will be computed normally, except that the player with a runaway score will always win the bonus point. If more than one player reaches a runaway score, then players who finished 3rd or 4th will not receive any bonus points in that game.

Delay of Game: Due to the tight show schedule, delays due to players not being ready to play are problematic. When a new game is announced, players are expected to immediately proceed to their assigned machine. If a player has not shown up within one minute, please notify a tournament official, who will start a 2-minute timer. Players who have not arrived within 3 minutes of the start of a round may be given an official warning and have their balls plunged by a tournament official. Between balls, players are generally allowed 30 seconds to get to the machine and start their ball. Exceptions could be granted (e.g. player needed restroom; tournament official is involved in game and needed to make a ruling, technician at neighboring machine needs space, etc.), but these are generally expected to be occasional and the player would have informed the other competitors ahead of time of the need. No additional time is provided if previous player tilts, due to use of fast-settling tilt bob. If a player regular does this, opponents should notify a tournament official. Upon first observation from a tournament official, a warning and ensuring player is familiar with this rule. Repeated offences within a round may lead to disqualification from the game or round. A tournament official may plunge the ball of a player on first offense if they take more than 2 minutes and haven't informed opponents of the need for extra time.

Machine Setup Changes: Tournament officials reserve the right to modify any machine between games or between rounds, including changing of settings, tilt sensitivity, machine level, or any other adjustment that is deemed desirable to make the tournament run more smoothly and be more fair and fun. Since a player is only competing against the other players in the same game, all players will encounter such changes at the same time, and it is part of pinball to be able to quickly adjust to changing conditions of a machine. Tournament officials also have the option to remove any machine from play even if machine playing well, due to long average ball times. Machines chosen at random each round may be chosen from a subset of machines available, with playability and average ball times of each machine taken into consideration to form that subset.

Extra Balls: Extra balls will be disabled whenever possible at the main event, but likely will still be enabled in most satellite tournaments. Any extra ball is to be plunged, unless a note on the backglass says to play it. If an extra ball is to be plunged, then player may touch flipper buttons to setup skill shot, then plunge ball in attempt to get the skill shot. The player may also choose to tilt the machine prior to plunging in lieu of skill shot and end-of-ball bonus, but a tilt anytime after a first plunge attempt will result in disqualification. Once ball is in motion the player must step back and cannot touch the machine, unless the ball returns back to plunger lane and is not auto-plunged, at which time they can re-attempt a skill shot. In the case that a player has a compensation ball awarded due to a major malfunction, and they earn an extra ball, they may choose to play the extra ball in lieu of the compensation ball in a new game.

Bonus Balls: A bonus ball is differentiated from an Extra Ball in that it is timed, and ends when the timer runs out. Space Shuttle and Medusa are examples of two machines with Bonus Balls. Bonus balls CAN be played.

Fast-Settling Tilt Bobs: In the NWPAS show tournaments, machines will be equipped with Fast-Settling Tilt Bobs when possible, using the ear-plug tilt hack, so that even sensitive machines tend to give only one danger warning after a strong nudge or save. With this mechanism, the tilt bob usually settles to a full stop within 15 to 20 seconds, and thus no need to wait longer between players when the prior player ended their ball by tilting. As a result, the delay-of-game rules don't allow for extended waits after a player tilts, as described next. This does not apply to satellite tournaments that are held on location, with most machines as-is.

Machine Availability: In case of machine inavailability, the maximum player count listed for a round could be reduced, or a backup machine from the Expo floor may be selected for use in lieu of the broken main bank machine.

Prize Pools: The advertised prize pools are subject to reduction in case of major problems that reduce the number of available paid entries in any of the tournaments. This includes but not limited to power failures, natural disasters, weather-related closures, and significant technical issues.

Tournament Series Director: Dave Stewart
    Note that each satellite event may have an alternate or additional designated tournament director who may run the tournament and make official rulings.
    For questions and inquiries regarding tournaments at NWPAS, please contact [email protected].

#90 4 years ago

SHOW TOURNAMENT INFO!

[TENATIVE] Schedule
    NOTE: Registration Closes 15 minutes prior to round start, or earlier if a round fills up.
    Registration generally opens a few hours before a round; see individual tournament page for when registration opens for any particular round.

Free Practice: Any Tourney Bank machine ready for play, Fri Noon-1:00pm. Maximum 2 minutes per machine.
    Northwest Women's Championship, Qualifying Rounds: A: Fri 4:30pm-7:00pm, B: Sat 1:30pm-4:15pm
    Northwest Women's Championship, Playoffs: 7:30pm-11:30pm

Open Match Play Qualifying Rounds: A: Fri 1:15pm-4:15pm, B: Fri 8:15pm-11:15pm, C: Sat 10:15am-1:15pm, D: Sat 4:30pm-7:30pm, E on Classics: Sat 8:00pm-11:00pm.
    Open Match Play Playoffs: Sun 9:00am-3:00pm
    Classic PinGolf Tee-Off Times:Fri 1:10pm-10:05pm, Sat 10:10am-2:45pm. Plan 1½ hours to complete course.
    Classic PinGolf Playoffs: Sat 4:15-7:30pm

Rookie & Amateur Tournament: Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

Here is a summary of the events at the show. Click on tournament for details of that specific tournament.

Northwest Women's Pinball Championship, Sponsored by Nitro Pinball
    NWPAS is please to once again host the Northwest Women's Pinball Championship! For each of the last three years, it was the largest women's pinball tournament in the world, with players attending from Washington, Oregon, British Columbia, Colorado, California, and New York! This year, a New TBD Machine, sponsored by Nitro Pinball, is the top prize!
    Two qualifying rounds, one on Friday, other on Saturday. Women who play in the Friday round but don't qualify may try again in the Saturday round if round does not fill up with new players.

Woman who don't play in Friday round have priority to register for the Saturday round.

Winner of this tournament wins a TBD Pinball Machine! $500 for 2nd place!

Match Play Pinball Tournament, Sponsored by Shorty's
    The Open Match Play tournament with its unique qualifying and bonus scoring format was the second largest match play tournament in the nation for several years in a row, second only to Pinburgh, the world's largest tournament. 35 players participate in the playoffs on Sunday, earning their way by finishing in the top 7 of one of the five qualifying rounds.
    This is the main pinball tournament of the event, offering IFPA World Pinball Player Ranking (WPPR) points at 100% grading. This event is open to all. $30 entry, maximum two retries allowed, qualifying at specific times on Friday and Saturday, playoffs on Sunday.

$1000 for A division winner! Trophy or plaque for top 3 finishers.

$250 for B-Division winner. Check the Monday Night Pinball / NWPAS Player Search Page if you're currently eligible for B division.

Any player who has an Individual Player Rating (IPR) of 5 or less is eligible for both A and B division prizes. Players with an IPR of 6 are only eligible for A division prizes.

Classics PinGolf Tournament, Sponsored by 8-Bit Arcade and The Triple Knock
    The Classic PinGolf event is one of the largest in the nation. This popular format returns to NWPAS 2019!
    This is another IFPA-ranked tournament that will be run on a variety of pre-Dot-Matrix Pinball machines. $30 entry fee for one round of PinGolf.

$500 prize for winner; with trophy or plaque for top 3 finishers.

Top 28 players make it to a five-strike fair-strike 4-player knockout, PinGolf style.

Rookie & Amateur Tournament, Sponsored by Another Castle Arcade Edition
    Casual Match Play tournament on Sunday for players who are relatively new to competitive pinball or have limited experience in tournaments. Tournament is restricted to players with an Individual Player Rating (IPR) of 3 or less. Check the Monday Night Pinball / NWPAS Player Search Page to determine your IPR.
    $150 prize for winner; $100 for 2nd place. Plaques for top 4 finishers.

Kid's Tournaments
    Look for details at the show for tournaments that cater to kids 12-years old and younger.
    Tournament Machine List
    To be announced a few weeks prior to the show.
    Changes for 2019
    The 2019 event will largely follow the format of the successful 2018 NWPAS. Nevertheless, we constantly strive to improve the event based on feedback and observations. This is a summary of key changes for 2019, as compared to 2018:
    Tie Breakers are being revised:
    • The first tie-breaker for all match play will be number of 7-point wins, then 6-point wins, then 5-point, and so on.
    • For critical tie-breakers only, the second tie-breaker will be points earned in the last game played, then before-last, then before that back to the first game.
    • For non-critical tie-breakers (for seeding only), ties will be broken randomly.
    • A one-ball tie-breaking game on a randomly selected machine will be used only for critical tie-breakers when the above second tie breakers fail to break a tie.

Eligibility as A, B, or Rookie/Amateur will now be done via Individual Player Rating (IPR), as originated by Seattle Monday Night Pinball (MNP). These combine IFPA WPPR with Matchplay.event ratings into a simple rating between 1 and 6 for each player.
    • A player with an IPR of 6 is restricted to A-division. This applies to the Open Match Play tournament and the NWPAS Satellite Tournaments that have an IPR restriction.
    • A player with an IPR of 3 or lower is eligible for the Rookie/Amateur tournament, as well as the Rookie/Amateur guaranteed prizes at each NWPAS Satellite Tournaments.
    • IPRs are updated about once every six weeks, then frozen until the next update. The IPRs frozen at the time of an event will be the ones in effect for that event.
    • The IPRs frozen by mid-May in preparation for MNP playoffs will be the ones used for the events at the main show.
    • Players can lookup their IPR using the following search page: IPR Search

NWPAS Satellite Tournament Changes:
    • Due to the popularity of the one restricted no-A-division players event held last year, a second such event has been added this year. The tournaments at both Narwhal and Olaf's will be limited such that players with IPR of 6 are not eligible. Due to the restriction, these tournaments will not award IFPA WPPR points.
    • Every NWPAS Satellite tournament will offer WPPR points except for those that have a restriction such that IFPA does not allow points to be awarded.

Additional Information
    Every attempt is made to keep the rules and information on this website accurate and up-to-date, and to run tournaments per the advertised structure and schedule. However, due to the nature of pinball and the fact that the tournaments are entirely run by volunteers, the tournament officials reserve the right to modify the tournament structure or schedule until the start time of that tournament. Late or last minute changes will be announced as appropriate prior to the start of the tournament. Changes to the tournament structure will not be made mid-tournament unless circumstances make such a change absolutely necessary.
    For regular updates and discussion on the tournament, please visit our public Facebook event page.
    For questions and inquiries regarding tournaments at NWPAS, please contact [email protected].

#91 4 years ago

Vendor List!

BuzzBuzz Games - buzzbuzz.games
    Comics for Kids - comics4kidsinc.org
    Double Danger Pinball - ddpinball.com
    Fallen Castle
    FAST Pinball - fastpinball.com
    Gambit's Cards and Hobbies - gambitscardsandhobbies.com
    Ice Turtle Studios - www.iceturtlestudios.com
    Kahr US - www.kahr.us
    Lock When Lit - lockwhenlit.com
    Marco's Specialties - www.marcospecialties.com
    Moto's Glass - motosglass.com
    Nitro Pinball - www.nitropinball.com
    Pinball Bulbs - www.pinballbulbs.com
    Pingravings
    Project Pinball - www.projectpinball.org
    Red Floor Arcade - redfloorarcade.com
    Rich Brothers Amusements
    Seattle Pinball Museum - seattlepinballmuseum.com
    Starship Fantasy - starship-fantasy.com
    Stern Amusements - sternpinball.com
    This Old Game - thisoldgame.com

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

The newer pins list usually comes in the last couple weeks as most of them will be in the Nitro and Marco booths, generally it's 20-25 NIB new pins between their booths. I'd expect a bunch of Black Knights and a few Oktoberfests (American is coming), a bunch of the newer Sterns, and the latest from every manufacturer.
    This year we are not doing a lot of big name speakers on purpose, we do that every year and now everyone does it. There will be a few, along with tech seminars and the pinball champions. I'm not sure why the schedule isn't up, I'll get on it.

So your reasoning is that everyone else does it so you don’t want to? Boo! I’m sure there’s a bunch of people that value meeting the designers, the sound people, etc. oh well, I guess your foot traffic at the seminars will tell the tale.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

So your reasoning is that everyone else does it so you don’t want to? Boo! I’m sure there’s a bunch of people that value meeting the designers, the sound people, etc. oh well, I guess your foot traffic at the seminars will tell the tale.

I don't really care much about the designers or sound people, I'm just there to check out the games, play tournaments, and meet new pin-heads.

There's going to be something for everyone I'm sure. Excited to attend!

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

The reasoning is we have had a ton of speakers over the past 12 years, many of them 2-3 times, and now every show brings in a lot of speakers, so we want to avoid people having the same seminars/people at multiple shows they attend. Every show should be a unique experience, that's what keeps a show fun and exciting.

One thing our show strives to do is not have the experience be the same year after year. We brainstorm new ideas, try new things, keep things evolving, growing and interesting. We listen to feedback and try to meet the needs and wants of attendees. We constantly try to improve... I'm not sure every show does this, we have monthly meetings for 6 months with dozens of volunteer staff planning and plotting before each show.

From the surveys, emails and conversations we have with people, they don't want us to repeat speakers and seminars too often. They've said they really like the tech seminars and want to learn more about fixing their own games, which is why we are trying to do a bunch as well as doing the repair parties in the months leading up to the show. That's great community building and it means games people volunteer for the show arrive in better condition and have fewer problems. It also means people have less broken or dead games at home, which in turn means their friends get turned on to playing and the hobby. If we all get better at fixing games, it helps the hobby.

There is also a growing interest in talks on collecting/how to get into collecting, which we've done panels on at Emerald City Comicon and the show multiple times recently. At both Comicon and the show these are very well attended seminars and draw tons of audience questions and great participation.

There is a growing demand for seminars related to how to play pinball better and tournament play. The tournaments at our show are huge, the women's tournament has been the biggest in the world for years. Tournament play is huge in the Northwest, there are pinball tournaments in multiple places almost every night in Seattle and Portland. The satellite tournament series we do in the months leading up to the show in tons of local barcades and arcades are attended by massive amounts of people. This interest led to the Champions series we started last year and are continuing.

We get it, big names are a big draw to hardcore pinheads. They are to us, we love talking to the people that made our games. But it's a balance between bringing in big names and keeping things fresh and new. Big names often have low attended seminars if they have spoken recently at our show or other shows, and that's a bummer for both us and them. The turn out for new speakers, rare speakers and some of the more creative stuff we are trying tends to be greater, I think a lot of people appreciate that extra effort we are putting into it.

Can anyone guess what speaker had the biggest turnout ever at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show?

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Can anyone guess what speaker had the biggest turnout ever at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show?

Nolan Bushnell?

#96 4 years ago

Streaming reveal of the tournament machines at this year's show is on Geekgamer.tv NOW!

https://www.facebook.com/geekgamertv/videos/643491346064781

#97 4 years ago

A few clarifications on the tournament machine reveal:

- Dracula in modern bank is Bram Stoker's Dracula
    - Items such as "drastic changes", "lightning flippers", and "glo balls" will be done scarcely, e.g. maybe 1 or 2 machines, or even maybe no machines, depending on how setup goes.
    - Items like outlanes fully open, kickbacks disabled, and shortened ball save will be common on most machines. Also add removing center post if any machine has a center post.

#98 4 years ago

This article is about Keri Wing, the reigning IFPA Women's World Champion. Keri will be at the 2019 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show and in addition to participating in the tournaments, will be joining IFPA World Champion Raymond Davidson in the Champion vs Champion seminar at 7pm on Friday May 31st and hosted by GeekGamer.TV. It's an exhibition you don't want to miss!

https://fox4kc.com/2019/05/09/overland-park-woman-wins-womens-world-pinball-title-in-las-vegas/?fbclid=IwAR2_4WXMJMF0YfVbAYRRCE0agh1cDM-doJ5yFVfU9A7oIvGT8tu6lorDj6w

#99 4 years ago

29 players in Portland participated in the NWPAS Satellite tournament in Portland. Dana Valatka took the victory. Daniel Rone was runner up, followed by David Morell in third. Each of them win a package to attend the NWPAS Tournaments that includes a weekend pass to the 2019 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! and entry into the Open Match Play and Classic PinGolf tournaments. Alexander Simchuk finished 7th and was the top Amateur/Rookie eligible player; he also wins a package to the show.

While not everyone could be a winner, we do look forward to seeing a large Portland contingent attend the show and participate in the various tournaments taking place at the show!

aportland (resized).jpgaportland (resized).jpg
    #100 4 years ago

Munster fans! Butch Patrick (AKA Eddie Munster) will be making a special guest appearance at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show!

To add to the Munster mania, the grand prize raffle will be for a brand new Munsters Premium Edition. Stop by the merch and raffle desk and enter to win. Tickets are $20 each, must be bought in person, but you don't need to be present to win during the drawing during Sunday's closing ceremony. Winner must make arrangements to pick up their new game by 11pm on Sunday, June 2nd.

11butch (resized).jpg11butch (resized).jpg
    There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-5-31-6-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.