(Topic ID: 235150)

Official Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (5/31-6/2/19)

By nwpinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 395 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190530_163056 (resized).jpg
    20190601_142618 (resized).jpg
    S11_AUX_SURVIVED_WEEKEND (resized).JPG
    61839555_2357562274569533_4387127119394635776_n (resized).jpg
    DC049C57-6A34-4FA5-8639-EEE0F1F34220 (resized).jpeg
    0133F34C-0D7E-487F-AFFA-37A1EBF36B43 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6309 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6313 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6321 (resized).jpg
    58113510762__39A2CEE0-5A28-4B4F-9D64-905CEABC0D56 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6303 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1559467077499 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190602_004143 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_142821 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190601_145630 (resized).jpg

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 5 years ago

The 2019 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show will take place May 31st - June 2nd at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center in Washington State!

-This is our 12th year and it's one of the biggest and smoothest running shows in the world!
    -Featuring over 400 pinball and arcade games from the 1950s to the newest games, last year we nearly hit 500 games!
    -5 pinball tournaments!
    -Largest women's pinball tournament in the world, the winner takes home a NIB pin courtesy of Nitro Pinball!
    -Poster designed by Zombie Yeti!
    -Special guest: Butch Patrick (AKA Eddie Munster)!
    -Grand raffle prize: Brand new Limited Edition Stern Munsters pin!
    -Over a dozen satellite pinball tournaments leading up to the show where you can win prizes, weekend passes, and tournament entries!
    -The Northwest Show draws over 4,000 collectors, players and fans of classic coin-op games!
    -Top national and local vendors and sponsors!
    -One of the best seminar and speaker lineups of any show, run by our top notch video and audio team!
    -World record high score attempts!
    -Tons of raffle items, prizes and merch! Win a pinball or arcade game each day the show!
    -Dozens of one of a kind homebrew games, whitewoods, prototypes, rare games and the debut of newest games from pinball and arcade manufacturers!
    -Nice modern air conditioned convention center with 2 hotels within a block of the venue, situated near bars, restaurants and in a town with a dozen microbreweries, many within walking distance!

Show Hours
    Friday, May 31st, 12pm-11:30pm
    Saturday, June 1st, 10am-11:30pm
    Sunday, June 2nd, 9am-3pm

Tickets and details at: http://nwpinballshow.com/

#2 5 years ago

One of the highlights of the Northwest show is no games will be pulled from the show floor early and all games will be on free play. This is a player's show, even if you come down Sunday afternoon, you will find all 400-500 games still there and still on freeplay. We have a huge volunteer tech team that work the entire show to assure as many games as possible stay up and running. Please report any game problems to the tech desk in the middle of the venue and we will get a ticket started on it, the repair techs should be easy to spot in bright orange Medic shirts. Most games are repaired within an hour or two of a problem report!

#3 5 years ago

Take note, earlier dates than usual... For me, I can celebrate my birthday there now!

Looking forward to it - always a highlight of the summer!

#4 5 years ago

Woohoo! Made my reservations two days ago. 4th year in a row. Long drive but a great event.

Looking forward to it!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Take note, earlier dates than usual... For me, I can celebrate my birthday there now!
    Looking forward to it - always a highlight of the summer!

Awesome! Yeah, the show used to always be the first weekend in June, but we were unable to get the venue the last two years that weekend, so pushed it back a week. Which was unfortunate, because it ended up falling on the same weekend as Southern Fried and the Colorado show. This year none of us are on the second weekend in June and we have moved back permanently to doing the Northwest Show in the first weekend in June!

#6 5 years ago

Just wait until you see the awesome poster Zombie Yeti is doing this year!

#7 5 years ago

Need to create an event so people can indicate attendance!

#8 5 years ago

Are they taking reservations for the hotel show rate yet?

#9 5 years ago

Yep. The link is up and running. Just go to the NWPAS website. Good rate. I appreciate the organizers making that all happen.

BTW love the posters. Have them framed in my game room. Last years was awesome.

#10 5 years ago

Tickets on sale now! If you buy a 3-day pass in advance, it includes an 11x17" poster and exclusive button:
    http://nwpinballshow.com/tickets

Hotel rates now available!
    http://nwpinballshow.com/hotels

#11 5 years ago

We are starting to poll our local pinball and arcade collecting community... what games would you like to see at the show?

#12 5 years ago

I’ve been able to go back every other year since I moved to Texas, and I will be making it back this year. Looking forward to helping out and seeing friends.

#13 5 years ago

Check out this fantastic poster for the 2019 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! Artwork is by Zombie Yeti, who's artwork can be found on pinball games like Ghostbusters, Iron Maiden, Primus and Deadpool. He's the hottest artist in pinball right now and we are honored to feature his artwork for this year's show!

2019 NW Pinball and Arcade Show poster.jpg2019 NW Pinball and Arcade Show poster.jpg
    #14 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We are starting to poll our local pinball and arcade collecting community... what games would you like to see at the show?

All of them!

#15 5 years ago

How do I go about volunteering some arcade games for the weekend?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Eight ball deluxe

#17 5 years ago

Room reserved @ Marriott! Going all three days this year

#18 5 years ago

This is a great video from last year's show:

#19 5 years ago

Looking for some long distance help...I collect Show posters, and would love to add this years Yeti poster. Can anyone going to the show help me out?

I’m also looking for this past show poster. If anyone has an extra one of these to share, I’d be much oblidged.

7126E4E3-C49B-486F-B3A3-3734A2AC7F64 (resized).jpeg7126E4E3-C49B-486F-B3A3-3734A2AC7F64 (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 years ago

I can hook you up with a couple after we get the new one printed. I have have some of the previous years.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I can hook you up with a couple after we get the new one printed. I have have some of the previous years.

SWEET!!!!! Wish I could make it to the show, but kids summer vacation starts that weekend.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Would like to see ice cold beer / zeke's peak again. Missed those last year.

#23 5 years ago

Posting for those not on the local collector group ... next weekend on Sunday 2/24 there will be a repair party for people who want to get their games working and ready for the show.

Reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/66#post-4815421

Contact nwpinball for information if you are interested.

#24 5 years ago

Win your way to the 2019 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show through one of our many upcoming satellite tournaments at local arcades!

pintourn (resized).jpgpintourn (resized).jpg
    #25 5 years ago

Upcoming local pinball and arcade game repair parties! As always, bring manuals, parts and be prepared to work on your own game, with help from a community of people. And if you give us a head's up ahead of time what games/parts you need help with, that really helps people know the right parts and testing equipment to bring, you don't want to hear "If I only knew you were bringing ___, I would have brought the exact part you need to get it running, but I left it at home."

What: Repair Party at James' House
    When: Sunday, February 24th, 1pm-8pm
    Where: Milton, WA 98354 (PM me for address)
    Details: NWPAS is just around the corner. If you have games, boards, or parts you want to work on bring them out; there will be people on hand to help you get things working. I have some volt meters, soldering irons, some tools but no arcade game diagnostic tools or testers. I have work tables and chairs and will have snacks and nonalcoholic drinks. I have plenty of hand trucks. Will have a few pinball machines set up for play , mostly EMs and 80’s solid state pins.

What: Repair Party at Tik Tok’s Workshop
    When: Saturday, March 23, 12pm-until everythings is fixed!
    Where: 1216 Sylvan Way, Bremerton, WA 98311
    Details: This is a 21+ location, so no kids. On the plus side I have bathrooms, food, and drinks on location. We will start at noon and continue until we have nothing else to work on.

2 weeks later
    #26 5 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show once again is happy to offer the opportunity to buy new Stern Pinball games at this year's show! Marco Specialties is working with Nitro Pinball to give you the opportunity to pre-purchase a discounted Stern Pinball machine that will be delivered directly to the show. Games will be played throughout the show at the Marco and Nitro booths, then can be taken home by the new owners. This is a popular deal available on any new Stern. If interested, feel free to PM me or contact Rachel Bess ([email protected]) directly.

#27 5 years ago

In addition to deep Stern discounts, Nitro Pinball will also be offering show pricing on American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Spooky & Jersey Jack Pinball. Feel free to contact Tommy directly [email protected] or Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO

#28 5 years ago

We'll be there for our third year in a row since we moved to the area. I've just recently been bitten by the EM bug so I'm really looking forward to checking out the exceptional and well-maintained lineup of EM's this year.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

We'll be there for our third year in a row since we moved to the area. I've just recently been bitten by the EM bug so I'm really looking forward to checking out the exceptional and well-maintained lineup of EM's this year.

The EM lineup @ the NW show is outstanding. I spend most of my time on these while at the show.... where else can you play these mechanical wonders?

#30 5 years ago

Just under 3 months!

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

-Top national and local vendors and sponsors!

Not only that, KAHR.US Circuits is coming this year! Thanks to a good amount of encouragement from HighVoltage , 2019 NWPAS will be my first coast-to-coast trek for a show. I will have a single vendor space somewhere in vendor-land, so please try not to overlook this small Northern Virginia-based visitor. Of course I'll bring my complete product lines - the WPC Power Fix, Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiners, Skee Score sets, Williams sound board potentiometers, the Pinball Pyramid, and likely a few copies of a new product that I'm targeting for release on Kickstarter soon. Really excited for the opportunity to be a part of this year's fun.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Not only that, KAHR.US Circuits is coming this year!

Welcome!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Not only that, KAHR.US Circuits is coming this year! Thanks to a good amount of encouragement from highvoltage , 2019 NWPAS will be my first coast-to-coast trek for a show. I will have a single vendor space somewhere in vendor-land, so please try not to overlook this small Northern Virginia-based visitor. Of course I'll bring my complete product lines - the WPC Power Fix, Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiners, Skee Score sets, Williams sound board potentiometers, the Pinball Pyramid, and likely a few copies of a new product that I'm targeting for release on Kickstarter soon. Really excited for the opportunity to be a part of this year's fun.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

Sweet! I'm already planning on buying some stuff from you! I think you will do quite well at our show, we had and attendance of about 4,000 people over 3 days last year and Seattle and Portland have the most pinball games per capita, vendors do quite well at this show. And I'll hype you coming on our Facebook invite, local collector groups and social media.

#34 5 years ago

If you are at Emerald City Comicon this weekend, stop by the free classic arcade hosted by the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show! Our game line up includes Donkey Kong (with 60 classic arcade games in it), Lord of the Rings pinball, Multi-Williams arcade game featuring the best arcade games of 1982, Star Trek the Next Generation pinball, Atari Star Wars arcade, Star Wars pinball and Centipede!

comicon2 (resized).jpgcomicon2 (resized).jpg
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Are you going to sell this years poster? I might not be here this year and would like 2. Thx

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you going to sell this years poster? I might not be here this year and would like 2. Thx

Sure, a number of people have asked about it. They are getting printed now, I'll come up with a price when they come in for a tube, poster and postage.

#37 5 years ago

Thx. Lookin forward to em

#38 4 years ago

The Slayers just won their way into the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! You could be next if you play in our satellite series!!!

Slayers (resized).jpgSlayers (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

The Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show satellite series comes to Bellingham! Compete against local pinball players and win your way into the show!

The tournament is Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 4 PM – 8 PM at the Ruckus Room Arcade and Fun Center
    1423 Railroad Ave, Bellingham, Washington 98225

FB invite with more details:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2248768928730172/

ruckus (resized).jpgruckus (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago

We have two upcoming Washington State repair parties for vids, pins and em games! Bring your games, boards, monitors, etc. and get help from other local collectors, network, talk about our hobby, share stories, tips and advice, and get your games working (hopefully to bring to the show, but that isn't a prerequisite). Post here about what you are bringing in advance so people can bring parts or tools to help you.

WHEN: Saturday, March 23rd, 12pm
    WHERE: Tik Tok’s Workshop, 1216 Sylvan Way, Bremerton, WA 98311
    DETAILS: This is a 21+ location, so no kids. Bathrooms, food, and drinks on location. Oz will have tools readily available and people can work on video games, pinball machines, and electro-mechanical games.

WHEN: Sunday, March 31st, 12pm
    WHERE: Aaron Davis', 8612 40th St NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
    DETAILS: Show planning meeting 11am-12pm, everyone is welcome, repair party starts afterwards.

#41 4 years ago

This Sunday at 11am is the next Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show meeting. It should only be an hour long, followed by bbq and a repair party! Come to one or both. Bring your pinball and video games, boards, monitors, etc. and get help from other local collectors, network, talk about our hobby, share stories, tips and advice, and get your games working (hopefully to bring to the show, but that isn't a prerequisite). Post here about what you are bringing in advance so people can bring parts, test rigs or tools to help you!

I'll have NW Pinball & Arcade Show flyers and posters if you want to pick some up to help distribute and promote the show.

WHEN: Sunday, March 31st, 12pm
    WHERE: Aaron Davis', 8612 40th St NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
    DETAILS: Show planning meeting 11am-12pm, everyone is welcome, repair party 12pm-until we are done fixing stuff!

1 week later
    #42 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Not only that, KAHR.US Circuits is coming this year! Thanks to a good amount of encouragement from highvoltage , 2019 NWPAS will be my first coast-to-coast trek for a show. I will have a single vendor space somewhere in vendor-land, so please try not to overlook this small Northern Virginia-based visitor. Of course I'll bring my complete product lines - the WPC Power Fix, Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiners, Skee Score sets, Williams sound board potentiometers, the Pinball Pyramid, and likely a few copies of a new product that I'm targeting for release on Kickstarter soon. Really excited for the opportunity to be a part of this year's fun.
    -Rob

Figures - airfare I booked a month ago is now $100+ cheaper. I bring it up not to complain so much as to alert anyone thinking of flying out for the show that there are some BARGAINS out there! For example round trip on Spirit's direct flights at Baltimore is $185 round trip.

-Rob

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Figures - airfare I booked a month ago is now $100+ cheaper. I bring it up not to complain so much as to alert anyone thinking of flying out for the show that there are some BARGAINS out there! For example round trip on Spirit's direct flights at Baltimore is $185 round trip.
    -Rob

I think I read somewhere that the best time to shop for plane tickets is 2 months before a trip, but damn, it's hard to wait that long, I get nervous about not being able to find a flight.

#44 4 years ago

Looking for a new title for your collection? As in past years, you can purchase a new Stern pinball game at the show that will be on the floor during the weekend at the Nitro and Marco booths and you take it home. There are pretty significant discounts, Marco handles the shipping costs to Seattle, and any out of the box problems get solved. Hundreds of people have bought at past shows and can tell you how smoothly it's gone. Black Knight pros should be available, as well as a bunch of pro and premium titles that have been released in the past couple years. Rachel Bess at Marco is handling the reservations and any questions you might have: [email protected]

These also can be purchased through Nitro Pinball, they are offering the same Stern discounts, they are working together. In addition to deep Stern discounts, Nitro Pinball will also be offering special show pricing on American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Spooky & Jersey Jack Pinball... basically about every new in box pinball title available! For more info contact Tommy: [email protected] or Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO.

#45 4 years ago

Lets get some hype going for one of the best shows in the country! I feel like there has been a lack of activity on this thread!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

one of the best shows in the country! I

Now seems to be the time to plan for anyone flying in - Spirit's discounts have brought other prices down as well. For example, Spirit is now $185 round trip from Baltimore.

-Rob

#47 4 years ago

Just registered the games I'm bringing! 13 total, a mix between vids and pins. Now to just get them all working...

#48 4 years ago

I heard Pinball Bulbs was *NOT* invited this year.

Several of my friends usually go just to buy led bulbs from them.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Just registered the games I'm bringing! 13 total, a mix between vids and pins. Now to just get them all working...

Terrific, looking forward to setting up and playing them.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I heard Pinball Bulbs was *NOT* invited this year.
    Several of my friends usually go just to buy led bulbs from them.

Do vendors need to be invited? Isn't it up to the vendor to apply if they want a booth? Maybe they decided not to come?

There are 395 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-5-31-6-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.