(Topic ID: 233111)

2019 New Pinball purchase will be taxed.

By mnpinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by SadSack
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nexxus01.jpg
    ADD58E60-9590-4CF6-ACA5-244036415AE5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1778 (resized).PNG
    9cd06f371223d3bd9ce1c6f24425344b--seinfeld-amber (resized).jpg
    IMG_1777 (resized).PNG
    19A6C2D6-5926-41FF-951D-F236479B5F1A (resized).jpeg
    nonprofits (resized).jpg
    20180830_155352 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E45E7B01-C64D-47AF-9C91-148666BBC3F9 (resized).jpeg
    mv4eVMY (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Dude.gif

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #297 Comments from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #304 More info from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #355 Economic nexus test, uses Louisiana as an example. Posted by iceman44 (1 year ago)

Post #415 Comment from distributor. Posted by Gexchange (1 year ago)

Post #465 State by state tracker. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #505 Some expierence for 2019 and suggestions. Posted by Pinzap (1 year ago)

Post #513 Break down of thresholds state by state Posted by Hemispheres (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I guess it boils down to a different point of view. I pay taxes for things happening all over my province for the betterment of all citizens that live in it. Same things goes for our healthcare. I pay taxes so that someone can get heart surgery, or an operation to get a donated kidney for free. If roles were switched I would appreciate the same if ever I needed healthcare help. I'm completely fine with that.

Problem here in the states is we 're taxed plenty already and a lot of it is either wasted, unaccounted for, or gifted via crony capitalism. And "they" (won't name names) always prefer to raise taxes versus cutting wasteful and crooked spending. A great man once said "We don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem." Many of us recognize that and for that reason are firmly against more taxation, which includes this new tax. By the way, my state is considering a tax on texting.

#151 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Which still gets you no were near 50%. It will vary per state greatly but the national average is still close to 15%

That national average is likely skewed by all the broke asses who pay no income tax.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also all the rich asses who pay no income tax.

Good point! Middle Class gets screwed.

#158 1 year ago

All I'm saying is these Canadians are chiming in about how we should feel warm and fuzzy about paying more taxes, like some of them apparently do, but that ain't happening so long as I see multi-trillion dollar bullet trains to nowhere and congresspeople retiring with 100x higher net worth than they came into the job with. It's a matter of principal.

#239 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The American dream has been a lie for years, most will never become millionaires, but as long as they keep believing everything will be ok.

There you go hating on America again. Maybe time for you to exit this thread.

P.s. USA has the most millionaires and billionaires.

#351 1 year ago
    Quoted from musketd:

JJP has pushed prices out of control every title they push the price up like pirates 9500$ which is insane I remember when they were at 6500$ not a bad price, but they just keep pushing the price up; now a company like CGC who maintain the same prices all the time is definitely helping us the collectors and even lowering the price on their classics to 6k which is amazing. Especially for a lot of us who like the pros. I remember when 4K would get you the full featured game but those days are long gone

I agree. $1000 price hike per title, on average, from JJP. $6500 WOZ, $7500 Hobbit, $8k-$9k DI, $9500 full-featured Pirates. Basically $10k shipped. Will be $11k with CA Sales Tax. Stern only hikes a couple hundred here, a couple hundred there. Not as noticeable short-term, but it really adds up over time. Sterns are about $1000 higher than 4-5 years ago. And now another $500-$700 sales tax on top? No way.

9cd06f371223d3bd9ce1c6f24425344b--seinfeld-amber (resized).jpg

#389 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I was priced out after a $7500 TWDLE. Yeah, dream theme and last nib purchase. 9 grand + for a pin? Nope.

Yup. I drew the same line at $7500 for LE. Haven't bought any of those lately. Also drew the line at mid-$6's for Premiums. Haven't bought any of those lately. Mid-$5s I can stomach for a good Pro. Looks like my days of buying those NIB just ended as well.

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

So when people defend any new taxes it really makes my blood boil. The amount of taxpayer money being wasted is mind boggling!

Mine too. Takes a real lack of common sense to not see the obvious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 63.50
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 248.85
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 21.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 88.00
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside