(Topic ID: 233111)

2019 New Pinball purchase will be taxed.

By mnpinball

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by SadSack
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nexxus01.jpg
    ADD58E60-9590-4CF6-ACA5-244036415AE5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1778 (resized).PNG
    9cd06f371223d3bd9ce1c6f24425344b--seinfeld-amber (resized).jpg
    IMG_1777 (resized).PNG
    19A6C2D6-5926-41FF-951D-F236479B5F1A (resized).jpeg
    nonprofits (resized).jpg
    20180830_155352 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E45E7B01-C64D-47AF-9C91-148666BBC3F9 (resized).jpeg
    mv4eVMY (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Dude.gif

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #297 Comments from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (11 months ago)

Post #304 More info from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (11 months ago)

Post #355 Economic nexus test, uses Louisiana as an example. Posted by iceman44 (11 months ago)

Post #415 Comment from distributor. Posted by Gexchange (11 months ago)

Post #465 State by state tracker. Posted by flynnibus (11 months ago)

Post #505 Some expierence for 2019 and suggestions. Posted by Pinzap (11 months ago)

Post #513 Break down of thresholds state by state Posted by Hemispheres (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 11 months ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I guess it boils down to a different point of view. I pay taxes for things happening all over my province for the betterment of all citizens that live in it. Same things goes for our healthcare. I pay taxes so that someone can get heart surgery, or an operation to get a donated kidney for free. If rolls were switched I would appreciate the same if ever I needed healthcare help. I'm completely fine with that.

I'm pretty sure we ALL pay taxes for the betterment of ALL citizens. Been that way for a LONG time.

#126 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it’s almost as if the bullshit tax cuts we all got aren’t really gonna help most of us.

100% wrong on fiscal issues as usual Levi

When people file their 2018 returns finally in April those “bullshit tax cuts” will come in handy for EVERYBODY

Now on a state level, there is a good reason why there is a mass exodus from high tax states like Cali, New Jersey, New York and Illinois to name a few to low tax state like Texas and Florida.

The problem with that is you F Ed up those states with your “bullshit” and now want to bring it to our states

#130 11 months ago

My client is on his way back to Lebanon tomorrow. He is there building new US embassies around the region for the next several years with dollars appropriated from the prior administration

$700million contract that they could do for $200 million

Why? Govt decided it wanted “opulence” and grandeur

Of course. It’s government. And the reason why the wealthiest counties in America all surround Washington DC

#137 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There will be no tax returns since the government will still be shut down.

I hope so. Shut the whole M fer down as long as the politicians don’t get paid.

#139 11 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

So you guys are stating that if a pin is sold on a private basis, that the seller has to charge the tax? How does the gov't collect it?
    Surely you guys are complaining that when buying a game through a company or online seller like E-bay, that a tax is charged... Right.

If anybody collects tax on a private sale they are Nucking Futs

Looks like another reason to wait for secondary sales

#146 11 months ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You know the politicians are still check collecting right? They also get health insurance that many others don't receive as well..... I know you knew all of this, but with all of your previous posts in this thread, I wasn't sure if you were sober since it is so early in the day, or if you were posting via one of your classic online drinking binges.

Lol

Yeah that comes later

I can’t say what I really think

#195 11 months ago

The top “1 percent ers..” pay 40% of the total federal income tax collected

The top 10% pays 71% of the total

The bottom 45% pay Zero Federal income tax

Fact: No matter how you slice it rate wise, you aren’t squeezing any more juice out of the “rich”. They will plan around it or move

Need to look at 1/2 the population that pays ZERO

When you lower taxes, oh wait, unemployment goes to record lows AND wages rise, including the minimum wage across the country and voluntarily for Amazon, Walmart, etc

You want to ration Healthcare? Move to Canada

Many of you should be applauding these sales taxes, but you only want higher taxes as long as it doesn’t apply to you!

#214 11 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The top 10 percent have NO IDEA how bad the bottom 45 percent have it. Pay people a good living wage and they will be more then happy to contribute their share of taxes.
    Can’t take blood from a stone.

The bottom 45% have no idea how bad people outside of the USA and Canada “have it”

Gimme a F ing break

#215 11 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Percentage of income is what matters, not amount. Warren Buffett even admits that his secretary pays a higher percentage of her income than him. When passive income (capital gains) is taxed at a lower rate than active income (people who work for a living), things are skewed for the rich. Sales taxes or any flat taxes are regressive and affect working and poor classes more since a much higher percentage of their income needs to be spent in order to live.
    As far as you or any other rich person "moving away", yeah right.

If I paid $500k in taxes you want more

I would fire people, instead of hiring them and paying them more IF

Taxes go up. Simple

See above, the top 1% already pays almost 50% of the individual tax base

What about that don’t you get?

It seems terrible to root for failure like many do

Unless you just want the rich to do everything for you

The fact that anybody here is bitching about taxes is ridiculous.

Go live in a 3rd world country. Good luck. I’m not your Daddy

#224 11 months ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I know there's lots of people talking here, but I think the point is being missed. No one ultimately cares how much you pay in taxes. They care about what THEY pay in taxes. You say the rich pay 50% in taxes....I'm not rich and I pay nearly 50% in taxes. That 50% impacts me WAY more than it hurts someone making 100's of millions more than me, even if the number of zeros is different.
    The ultimate question since you seem to be so pro-more-tax is this. What number do you consider enough? Because NO one should be for more taxes unless you're a politician.

You don’t pay 50% in federal income tax.

That’s ignorance

#227 11 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don’t think I get what your saying here.
    I commented that the discrepancy between the elite and poor in America is greater then most of the elite recognize.
    Your rebuttal is that the poor in your country are doing better then then the poor in (3rd world nations?). How is that a just comparison. People are starving, but they should just be happy to be there and not want a better life?
    Saying your poor are better then other poor won’t win you any nice guy awards.

You aren’t entitled to anything

Cell phones and High Def TVs?

The only people starving are the homeless camps set up in San Francisco and other limo lib camps

Sorry but there will always be some with more stuff

That doesn’t mean anything if you are happy and it shouldn’t.

Like I said, if you are in the discussion about taxing pinball machines then you have ZERO complaints

#228 11 months ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I know there's lots of people talking here, but I think the point is being missed. No one ultimately cares how much you pay in taxes. They care about what THEY pay in taxes. You say the rich pay 50% in taxes....I'm not rich and I pay nearly 50% in taxes. That 50% impacts me WAY more than it hurts someone making 100's of millions more than me, even if the number of zeros is different.
    The ultimate question since you seem to be so pro-more-tax is this. What number do you consider enough? Because NO one should be for more taxes unless you're a politician.

LOL

Read what you wrote.

BS

#251 11 months ago

Rich or poor

Smart or stupid

Who cares.

Life is too short to whine about anything

I love you guys!

If you are here buying pins then congrats

Either way you should be thankful and you are blessed

I do everything I can to help others

You want to hate that? So be it

#355 11 months ago

https://www.taxmatrix.com/louisiana-economic-nexus-january-1-2019/

Another good site with a downloadable state by state calculator

Of course there is a ways to go as these states start adopting their own nexus rules.

But it will be coming rapidly

The “Economic nexus” is gonna be impossible for the big distributors.

One solution would be to establish a network of mini sub distributors that wouldn’t violate a “substance over form” argument. Creative contracts

I will be looking at the issue and thinking about creative ways to avoid this as the state by state rules develop.

#361 11 months ago

Stern has potential liability here as well

Drop shipping a game straight from Chicago to your doorstep.

Enforcement is gonna be extremely tough for these states

But if you can go straight to the original Seller on drop ships AND sales tax wasn’t collected by the Distro it could leave Stern with potential exposure

I deal with Doctor groups and navigating the “Stark” anti referral rules. VERY creative and the state AG office is always two steps behind because they don’t have the manpower to enforce and/or change the rules timely enough to make a difference

Stern needs to help figure this out and not just think they are going to pass this cost on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.50
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 12.99
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside