(Topic ID: 233111)

2019 New Pinball purchase will be taxed.

By mnpinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 586 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by SadSack
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nexxus01.jpg
    ADD58E60-9590-4CF6-ACA5-244036415AE5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1778 (resized).PNG
    9cd06f371223d3bd9ce1c6f24425344b--seinfeld-amber (resized).jpg
    IMG_1777 (resized).PNG
    19A6C2D6-5926-41FF-951D-F236479B5F1A (resized).jpeg
    nonprofits (resized).jpg
    20180830_155352 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E45E7B01-C64D-47AF-9C91-148666BBC3F9 (resized).jpeg
    mv4eVMY (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Dude.gif

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #297 Comments from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #304 More info from a distributor. Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #355 Economic nexus test, uses Louisiana as an example. Posted by iceman44 (1 year ago)

Post #415 Comment from distributor. Posted by Gexchange (1 year ago)

Post #465 State by state tracker. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #505 Some expierence for 2019 and suggestions. Posted by Pinzap (1 year ago)

Post #513 Break down of thresholds state by state Posted by Hemispheres (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#270 1 year ago

Just thinking smart, big distributors will take less to keep and get more sales. (Putting big squeeze on small distributors.)

It will become more cut throat for all distributors and I think we will see fewer distributors over time.

Consolidation of the distbution market!

FYI, those fewer distributors will sell more machines to make the same amount of money as in the past.

Some smaller distributors may hang on by charging or offering other services (but very few!)

This in turn will hurt many local markets - just the opposite.

Let the games begin in 2019!!!!!

#309 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

So far I have only really looked at Illinois and Minnesota since that is the bulk of my out of state business (with Iowa and texas not too far behind). From what I see in the first two is that if I (as a company) have more than 100 individual sales or $100k in sales IN A 12 MONTH PERIOD (not a calendar year) then I am supposed to collect the state's sales tax. Well, with the cost of the machines that I sell, I exceed that pretty quickly. What I dont know is if that customer base will stay with me if I have to collect sales tax while a smaller volume distributor might not have to, therefore potentially making my sales figures drop under the threshold.
    Fun time, fun times indead.

Maybe Stern will start to manufacture machines cheaper, let’s say Brazil and ship them back to the USA. Or maybe Mexico for half the cost? And keep the same prices to keep sales going strong!

As far as distributors go, streamline costs and undercut other distributors (which may mean you take less profit) but you continue to take the sales. (Grow customer base - we call that market share).

I feel bad for you all, cuz I see a squeeze coming on the distributors, not Stern and not much to customers. The customers will start exiting new market based on this tax increase and any Stern increases.

Be first to take advantage of local sales and undercut (take less profit from outside WI) to compete/beat your competition.

Next thing you know distributors who don’t adopt will fade and there will be fewer of you around which means you can monopolize (raise prices/ profits).

Play long ball - short ball sucks coming up!

Oh yeah, any extras you can offer for free, even remote quality support will make your distributorship the step above!

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Everyone be like IM NOT PAYING MORE.....10 minutes later OHHHHHH LOOK AT THAT SHINEY BOX OF LIGHTS! I WANT AN LE. TAKE MY MONEY

Bought handful of LEs including DPLE.

Love Munsters and it will be a premium for me! NIB LEs are definitely getting out of my range.

#472 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

So Colorado I’ve been studying this quite a bit and it’s going to put many small companies out of business simple as that. For us it’s going to cost us around 25k in compliance software year 1 and 5-7k a year after year one. Plus we have to get sales tax license in each state ect we do business in. It’s a huge disaster.
    So I forget how many sales tax districts there are in the state of Colorado but I think the number was close to 600. State, county, transportation districts, stadium district, cultural districts, public improvement districts ect. All with different sales tax rates and rules.
    Colorado just changed there laws effective May 1st that we will have to charge tax based on where it’s delivered in the state as well, we deliver all over the state every day, so we have to get a license for every city, every county, every tax district.
    We are tracking each state now and extpect to hit the threshold in 10 states this year. Once we hit it, we have to apply for sales tax licenses in that state, follow that states laws and rules as far as collecting and filling for any sale within that state. Good news is we don’t expect to have any issues until April 1. After April 1 it’s going to get ugly.
    Sorry, I hate it. Think about the cost it’s costing you, but thing of the cost to companies for compliance.
    Software that was quoted is Avalara tax solutions, with interferencing our inventory and sales software. Real numbers, not guesses.
    JJ

2 questions- you can PM me back if it makes sense.

1. Is WI one of the states - just checking for me?
    2. Is that April 1st threshold annual, or April 2019 going forward? Does this reset annually?

#499 1 year ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

People who buy nib and then sell in within a few years are really going to take a hit. No way they recoup that extra $500 they paid in taxes

Remember it’s a hobby. Most hobbies you loss most of your money but you create memories!

#502 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

While that is the most important part, the rise in pricing quicker than inflation along with everything being more expensive overall, and now no tax refunds anymore and taxes on internet products? I can forget buying a silly pinball machine for the foreseeable future.
    If enough of us are in similar scenarios then the number of buyers in any high end hobby will decrease quickly. Sky isn’t falling but it’s sure dropping fast!

As fast as it is “dropping”, the Munsters LEs are all sold out! Must not be dropping to fast. Record sales (speculation) on Munsters.

Maybe Stern is aiming for a different level client. However, just look at Jersey Jack prices.

Time will tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 27.99
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside