Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwyhed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

My dodgers are off to a good start, even w out Kershaw pitching on the mound yet. Lets see if they can break my heart 3 years in a row...

6 months later
    #39 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

St. Louis fans gave Sanchez a standing ovation after he finally gave up a hit and was leaving the game. That's pure class.

I was watching the game w my uncle..once Sanchez gave up the hit and was pulled, I said that he should get a nice applause. He was in the zone, and I was hoping to see some history..good on the fans...and go expos errr Nats

3 weeks later
    #95 4 years ago

Verlander and Kershaw are great pitchers..during the regular season. Still hard to imagine their struggles in the post season...still a helluva WS, and congrats to the Expos err Nats..

2 months later
    #121 4 years ago

The game of baseball has had cheaters for a long time..from steroid/hgh use, to the ‘alledged’ electric device. It’s sad, really, as a fan to hear/see this. So many players will look at any means to be a better player..driven to get bigger contracts & ultimately a championship title/ring.

#141 4 years ago

Congratulations to Larry Walker for going to Cooperstown! Only the 2nd Canadian to be there..Fergie Jenkins was the 1st..I remember when he played w the Expos, and then the Rockies. He’s always been very well spoken and appreciative..I kinda hope that his mug sports an expo hat: either way, I’m happy for a local kid that done good..

3 weeks later
    #150 4 years ago

If u ain’t cheating, u ain’t winning ~ B. Bonds, J. Johnson, B. Belichick...

1 month later
    #226 4 years ago
    822D6CE8-4591-4919-8E6D-97E771762DA4 (resized).jpeg822D6CE8-4591-4919-8E6D-97E771762DA4 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #238 3 years ago

I hope that there’s a season..60 games, kinda weird if it happens. I can’t be the only 1 who really wants to see a bunch of astros getting hit by pitches....is that wrong?!

3 weeks later
    #254 3 years ago

I was living in so cal back in ‘99, and was lucky enough to go to the dodgers season opener...it was Kevin brown for the hometown, vs Randy Johnson & the D backs..Both 1st games on their new clubs..I remember Raul Mondesi tying the game in late innings, and later winning it w a hr by the bullpen, the ball was flying maybe 10’ away from me. Was a classic game I’ll never forget..

#264 3 years ago

Go dodgers!!!

C3C50A31-8676-4B3B-9B0F-A0632033E833 (resized).jpegC3C50A31-8676-4B3B-9B0F-A0632033E833 (resized).jpeg
    #272 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Kershaw scratched and put on the IL, not a good start for LaD.

Ya, heard that he hurt his back in the weight room. The young stud Dustin May gets the start 2nite, my 2nd fave ginger on the team..Justin Turner is the shit!

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think Urias is going to turn into a stud, kid can pitch.

Maybe the next great Mexican pitcher..Fernandomania in the early ‘80’s was good times!

#283 3 years ago

I always thought that cubbies fan sat down to pee...

1 week later
    #315 3 years ago

Huge props to Joe Kelly, and doing what he did vs those Astros a few days ago. Is his suspension worthy? Absolutely..just wished that a pitch hit the body, and not in the head of course..now, if only other teams follow suit...

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Props to pitching intentionally to hit people??? Any pitcher doing that should be banned for those actions. One wrong pitch intentional pitch can end a career. People need to grow up and be adults. No need to hate on the Astros as we know damn near every team steals signs. Astros took it overtly too far I would agree.
    Let’s put you in the batters box and have pitches intentionally thrown to hit you and see how you like it. One mistake and you can end a guys career. If you could guarantee a player would only be hit in the back, butt, arm, leg, etc. then not as big a deal. Hurts like hell I am sure but if no injury consequence I get on field justice. But you have to draw a line for player’s safety. If this had been regular season the bench clearing would have been a brawl I bet.

C’mon, everybody seeing this coming, including the players. I don’t wish that anyone gets hit in the head, or seriously injured while in the box. More fans have been killed in the stands from foul balls. Call/say what you want, but I’d think that most fans would agree that it’d be wrong to not respond in some way for the bs the astros did years ago..and total bs how the commissioner reacted/responded to the ‘alleged cheating’ give me a fn break..

1 month later
    #367 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not going to lie...60 game season sucked.

If you’re an Angels fan I guess it did.. Pirates w just 19 wins, yikes..

2 weeks later
    #374 3 years ago

Joe Bucks voice isn’t so bad this afternoon..in a must win, they’re making a statement/history..

8E249B7C-BE73-41F6-A088-201B321F6C52 (resized).jpeg8E249B7C-BE73-41F6-A088-201B321F6C52 (resized).jpeg
    #379 3 years ago

I’m still into the playoffs, as weird as it is w consecutive games each day. I’ll confess that I watched the nlcs game last night w the volume off most of the game, as I just can’t stand Bucks voice anymore. Maybe this should of been in the confession page.

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Altuve has the yips so bad, wonder if he'll ever be the same.

I don’t care for this guy..is he a good player? Sure..but I don’t care for a cheater (allegedly)

#394 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Game 7 tonight! A 22 year old vs. a 23 year old. So pumped.

Who’s starting for LA? My sports app says Gonsolin, yet my tv ticker says May..

#397 3 years ago

Happy to hear that Buck won’t be there to announce the game w Smoltz! I’m feeling superstitious, as I’m wearing the same shirt , pants & hat from yesterday

1 week later
    #415 3 years ago

To many mistakes, and bad decisions made by Roberts last night. Leaving Baez in to long, after giving up the homer. Putting in Jansen to close it, he just doesn’t throw heat anymore. A few base running mistakes, that one by Muncy on 2nd base..then that pinch hit in the 9th..Taylor w the bobble, poor throw to the plate by Muncy..Mookie has to step up and contribute offensively..last night hurt as a dodgers fan, but some rum n cokes after the game helped ease some of the pain..

#437 3 years ago

Been a dodgers fan for 40 years, and to see Julio Urias close the door was just beautiful. Kenley couldn’t do it, but I still admire/respect what he’s brought to the club for years. Being part Hispanic, I felt proud watching Julio after the game w the flag over his shoulders. Brought me back when Fernando ruled the city of angels..this is the best Wednesday in a very long time.,

4 months later
    #450 3 years ago

Cuz it’s the white Sox ?! I think that chi town is great for sports..after ny & la, it’s gotta be right up there

3 weeks later
    #454 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Baseball season is upon us, it’ll be nice to see fans in the stands again. Any Series predictions? I like LAD vs Toronto, LAD champs. That team is absolutely loaded.

I’d be happy w that! My parents, years ago, gave me a Dodgers winter coat. On one sleeve, it lists the years they were champs. I’d like to add last years to it..

1 week later
    #486 3 years ago

Was happy to hear that Joe Musgrove threw the 1st no hitter for the Padres Friday night..even if I’m a Dodgers fan.

2 months later
    #501 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Now that a good chunk of the season has been played, I think the 2 biggest surprises are how good the Giants are and how bad the Twins are. I didn’t see either one of those coming.

The giants are a huge surprise. Kinda nice to see some competition for the nl west this year. My Dodgers have been hit w injuries, but Bueler & Urias have been studs from the mound.arguably, the best 2 starters on any team right now..

#509 2 years ago

Blue jays grounded into a triple play today!

7122B6A3-CCB0-47A9-831F-7720615D73CF (resized).jpeg7122B6A3-CCB0-47A9-831F-7720615D73CF (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #519 2 years ago

I’m surprised, and blown away by hearing that the Dodgers traded n got Sherzer and Turner from the Nats in a blockbuster trade! Nats get a few of the Dodgers top prospects, but man..we’re coming for you SF!

1 month later
    #531 2 years ago

2 games behind the Giants for the division, w 14 games to go. Big loss last night to the Reds, and facing a potential 1 game wildcard vs the cards, reds, Phillies or Padres. I really like my Dodgers pitching/team, but to play a wildcard game to advance, and after not getting more then 1 run w Bueller on mound..ya, I’m scoreboard watching all the time..

1 week later
    #537 2 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

hottest team in baseball right now. won 20 of last 21 i believe. GO CARDS

It’ll be interesting to see if they, in all likelihood, play my Dodgers in the WC..must watch for all baseball fans..

#541 2 years ago

Huge games today to determine the al east n nl west division/wildcard teams. With football n a lil preseason nhl hockey mixed in, it’s a great day to be a sports fan

#571 2 years ago

I’m a lil nervous, but excited for tonight’s game vs the cards. It’ll hurt not having Muncy available, but perhaps Pujols can continue to contribute in front of his old fans.

#575 2 years ago

I use to like watching TWIB w Garagiola back in the day..rough start to the game for Sherzer, but let’s hope that the dodger bats do something..

#590 2 years ago

Chris fn Taylor!!! What a wildcard game..bring on the Giants!!

#604 2 years ago

My dream World Series would be the Dodgers & astros..imagine Joe Kelly pitching to that lil bitch Altuve..that’d be fn classic! Put the Astros cheating in the past?! No fn way..and I wonder if they’ll make a plate like this for Taylor? Quite historic/memorable

89728FE4-5583-4477-A1E8-91A796A7A033 (resized).jpeg89728FE4-5583-4477-A1E8-91A796A7A033 (resized).jpeg
    #648 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Or maybe the Giants are just a really good team???

That they are. Webb pitched a brilliant game yesterday, and full credit to him and his team. A few defensive plays that were awesome too. A must win 2nite for the Dodgers..

#710 2 years ago

Happy for Kike, and the Red Sox on a great series..he was well liked in dodger town, and glad to see him have some success in bean town

#814 2 years ago

Pretty good decisive game 5 last night. Webb pitched great, and gave his team a chance. Mookie was solid at the plate, and it all came down to a bad call. Pete Carroll thinks that the 1st base ump made a poor decision

#839 2 years ago

I dunno what’s up w the Dodgers late in this series. Is Robert’s over managing/making to many pitcher changes? To many runners left on base. Credit to the Braves thou. Only allowed 4 hits in game 2. Ballsy base running, and clutch hitting. Game 3 in Chavez ravine is a must win for the Dodgers..

#844 2 years ago

Why a 2 o’clock pst start for game 3? What a bs time to have a game. Sadly, I’m working, but will check my app for updated scores..

#880 2 years ago

As a baseball fan, I can appreciate what that rookie Garcia was doing on the mound. Dude was focused n dealing..

#912 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

So let’s have some fun to tide us over till the WS.
    Does anyone else have a wife, GF, friend family member/friend etc that drives them crazy during a game?
    Share your stories…..also what pregame traditions/ rituals do you have? Are there certain things you do or don’t do to not jinx your team?
    My wife drives me crazy sometimes….she enjoys watching the games but man she gets mad so easy..she always yells “why is he throwing the ball in the dirt. Why can’t he throw a strike!” I have to calm her down and tell her if it were that easy pitchers would throw nothing but strikes. Then when a ball is hit straight to a fielder she gets mad again and says “why did he hit the ball to the guy…doesn’t he know to hit it where the guy isn’t?” I again have to calm her down and tell her if it was that easy batters would get hits all the time. If we are losing early she usually goes in the other room. Then if we come back and win she doesn’t like to watch the next game cause she thinks she will jinx them. Cracks me up.

My nephew is a braves fan for many years. We’d text each other during the nlcs. Over 20 years ago, I took him to dodger stadium when the braves were in town. Larry Wayne Jones Jr (Chipper) was his fave. Went early n caught pre game warm up n soak up the atmosphere. Darren Driefort threw me a ball, and I gave it to my nephew. For the WS, I’m cheering for the braves.

#920 2 years ago

Wow..Soler, welcome to the WS. And go Braves..

#977 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

He's backed off the comments lately, but in the past he's mentioned how he was a huge Yankees fan growing up. As a kid he wanted to play shortstop for the Yankees like Derek Jeter. If they come with a huge offer, it might tough for him to turn it down. I imagine quite a few teams will be making a run at him.

Sadly, I hear that there’s interest in Corey seagar..seagar n his agent boras are looking for a lengthy contract w big $..Dodgers can’t keep them all..

#1046 2 years ago

Just turned the game on, hate getting home after 6. Gonna have a few friends over later, I anticipate a few rum n cokes 2nite! Go Braves!

85F2537D-789E-4C6D-AA90-C76E234C056E (resized).jpeg85F2537D-789E-4C6D-AA90-C76E234C056E (resized).jpeg
    #1178 2 years ago

Thanks Jay bird..I had no idea till today upon this. With this ‘pandemic’ n all that’s going on, it’s bs to worry about millionaires n billionaires arguing over $. Inflation n the cost of living is fn outta control, here anyway, n keeps things in perspective

4 months later
    #1197 2 years ago

Happy that the dodgers signed up Freddie Freeman..sure, he’s a lil older, but what an addition to the team. The boys in blue are stacked when it comes to the line up..glad we have baseball again. Go dodgers!

2 weeks later
    #1208 2 years ago

I’m liking my dodgers line up, but losing Kenley from the pen might hurt. Walker Bueler to start off the mound is awesome. Julio Urias is a stud, Kershaw is usually quite good in the regular season..and having Freddie Freeman is another luxury..I feel like my team is the new Yankees w their payroll n probably hated by many

1 week later
    #1223 2 years ago

Kershaw w 13 k’s, was working on a perfect game after 7 innings vs the twins..and he’s pulled? Wtf…

#1237 2 years ago

I was lucky that the dodgers/braves game was on tv last night. Kershaw was on the mound, after his gem last time out, and Freeman playing his old team at the Ravine. And he goes yard on his 1st at bat..pretty cool shit..

2 weeks later
    #1258 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

At this point, Reds fans should boycott. The reason the Dodgers almost always field a competitive team is that our fan base would not put up with this nonsense. I’m starting to realize why the Dodgers over/under was only 97.5. The west is really strong this year. Also, nice to see Madison Bumgarner get tossed in the first inning tonight after the ump stared him down. His name suits him. He’s a bum and he cries like a girl.
    [quoted image]

Dodgers have always drafted well, and the farm system has so many top prospects. Nice to see the dodgers put a beat down on sf last night.

#1261 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m only 37. Haha. The dodgers have been good for my whole life I think.

I’m 51, and became a fan during the Garvey, Lopes, Cey, Russell and ‘Fernando mania’ days. Still 1 of my fave sports stadiums to go to ..all the pretty latinas don’t hurt either

3 weeks later
    #1276 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Just dropping in to remind the snowflakes in here that the Astros are still better than your respective teams.

Better team then the dodgers? Maybe better cheaters..but not a better team..

#1280 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

My goodness…..let it go.
    You can’t deny the Stro’s are still a very good team…pitching is likely to be an issue but let’s see if they make a move. They will be in the playoff mix unless they have an epic collapse or a ton of injuries. Same thing could happen to the Dodgers or any other team. There is a lot of ball to be played. Let’s see where things are at the All Star break.

I said that to get a reaction..it’s in the past, n you’re right, time to move on. I agree w your post, as it is a long season, n injuries do/will happen. Losing Dustin May, n now Kershaw to injuries sucks, but next man up. The trade deadline could make things interesting for contending teams

1 month later
    #1420 1 year ago

I’m looking forward between now and Tuesday’s trade deadline. A few big names are available, and it’ll be interesting to see how/what teams address their clubhouse needs/wants..

#1426 1 year ago

We lost a true legend yesterday..he was the best
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2393532

1 week later
    #1446 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Orioles are in the race and could sweep Jays tonite
    We have no pitching.. we're done

Lot of games left..w that line up, you’ll be fine Dunky

#1451 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No way HWY ...I have watched pretty much every game and attended many. Look what happened last night, Bichette gives the Jays the Lead late in the game..bullpen then loses game.

It happens. My dodgers signed Kimbrel, and he’s been shaky as a closer. Should of just resigned Kenley, but that’s baseball at times

#1457 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

They didn't sign Kimbrel. The Cubs did, then they traded him to CWS for Madrigal. Then CWS traded him to your Dodgers for Pollock.

Thanks there sport..we have a Swami in the house?!

1 week later
    #1480 1 year ago

Happy that Dustin May had an impressive 1st outing yesterday. He hasn’t pitched a game since May of last year (Tommy John surgery) He went 5 innings, allowed just a hit w 9 k’s. With Bueler done for the season, this is huge for the dodgers going down the stretch..

2 weeks later
    #1598 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

We did what we were supposed to do, to Oakland, now to throw ice on the Mariners!

I’d like to see the M’s make the playoffs this year. Poor city hasn’t been to the mlb playoffs for years. And the Kraken n Hawks are a ways away..and I can’t really speak about the sounders, as I don’t really follow soccer err football as they call it

3 weeks later
    #1693 1 year ago

Kimbrel sucks for my dodgers..another blown save last nite vs the Padres. If Roberts uses him in the playoffs as a reliever, I’m gonna fn lose it..

#1731 1 year ago

Judge is a helluva player, but let’s not forget some of the greats

08D9D353-845B-4B7E-998D-114E2B3261AA (resized).jpeg08D9D353-845B-4B7E-998D-114E2B3261AA (resized).jpeg
    #1747 1 year ago

Just checking out scores, and a few surprises..Phillies w the comeback, n the Indians err guardians beating the rays..

#1753 1 year ago

Who’s gonna be the hero in this rays/guardians game? Quite impressed w the pitching in this game

#1765 1 year ago

I’m happy for the Mariners..gutsy comeback. The Jays were entertaining to watch, it’s to bad they performed like their hockey team come the playoffs..

#1769 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Toronto vs The first round. The best rivalry in all of sports.

Epic choke..gonna miss hearing Buck Martinez, I think that he’s pretty good. Now gotta wait till 4 to see who my dodgers play. Should be a good 1 in NY 2nite

#1787 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Let's go Astros. Beat those Ms.

Let’s go Mariners, beat those Astros! Looked like a almost comeback for the champs, but the Phillies continue on their roll..

#1903 1 year ago

Congrats to the Padres..I question the moves Roberts made in the 7th. He is responsible for moving the chess pieces, but not upon the execution. Hard to choose a team now to root for..maybe Phillies? Regardless, good luck to the teams that remain

#1924 1 year ago

What a monstrous hr by Schwarber earlier..estimated it went 488 feet!

#1969 1 year ago

Segura had a great game last night for Philly! And that questionable called strike on Profar was so close..

1 week later
    #2157 1 year ago

Doesn’t matter what he does on the mound..he’s winning off the field

E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpegE1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    #2224 1 year ago

Angels are asking a lot for Ohtani..I’d like to see the dodgers go after him, but not give up on a May or Bueller

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwyhed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss?tu=hwyhed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.