Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 4 years ago

Feels like this will be over on Saturday.

#61 4 years ago

It's a shame the nats hot streak fizzled out now. Hoping they can extend to 7.

#62 4 years ago

Pretty good game today. Looking like we'll see a game 7. So far the road team has won every game. That's crazy.

#75 4 years ago

Greinke has been one of my favorite players since he was a Royal. I was ecstatic to have him on the Brewers. Hes the Garth Melgar of baseball. I hope he has a great night.

#80 4 years ago

One of those hits was a HR, and then he sent a runner to first. Great outting, but I think I'm also expecting my pen to do some heavy lifting for 8 outs.

3 months later
    #169 4 years ago

For the first time for as long as I can remember, I'm less than excited for the season to start. This is sports at its worst.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The over/under on Astro’s hitters HBP is 83.5, I think I like the over, I’m pretty sure Anthony Rizzo gets hit that many times every year

That's because of his punchable face

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think I’m gonna puke

FaintScornfulAfghanhound-size_restricted.gifFaintScornfulAfghanhound-size_restricted.gif
    1 month later
    #218 4 years ago

Well, at least we have Yelich for another nineeight years. I'm really happy we have him locked up. I was expecting a lean year from the Brewers, but now I'll just be happy if we see any baseball at all.

2 months later
    #234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

I’m looking forward to it being back, but far less so than I should be.
    DH in the NL... runner on second to start every inning in extras...
    The people in charge of baseball continue to show that they do not like the actual game of baseball.

I also hate the DH. It seems like I'm very much in the minority on that, though.

I'm excited for the shortened season, but I'm pretty skeptical that this will go off without a hitch. I wonder how team infections will be handled... it seems like game forfeitures will be inevitable, and really make standings complicated.

4 weeks later
    #257 3 years ago

It will be weird watching a Giants v Dodgers game tonight without stabbings.

#282 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200724-123231_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200724-123231_Hangouts (resized).jpg
    #287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Would have been funnier if you had cropped out The onion.
    Half effort for a brewer fan is A+ in my book

I didn't want cubs fans to get confused. I figured I better leave the onion reference in there so you don't all rush out and mail full frontal pics to your favorite club.

#294 3 years ago

Its nice to see fox contributing to the realism by filling Wrigley with fake fans.

#306 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200727-200814_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200727-200814_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #332 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200801-101616_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200801-101616_Hangouts (resized).jpg
    #333 3 years ago

Lorenzo Cain just opted out. I dont see how this season isnt scrapped by tomorrow.

#338 3 years ago

MLB had all the pieces in place to make it work, a pretty distanced sport, team facilities ready to go in the south to minimize travel complications.. they just couldnt bring it together.

I hope the NFL heeds this warning. They're going to need to pivot hard to make their season work. As it stands, I have practically 0 confidence it will.

8 months later
    2 months later
    #515 2 years ago

Pitchers indignantly pantsing themselves is the best thing to happen to the game in a long time

https://twitter.com/loganmmurdock/status/1407536359733043200?s=19

1 month later
    #525 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20210731-235444_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210731-235444_Chrome (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #532 2 years ago

NL central champs!!

20210926_172725 (resized).jpg20210926_172725 (resized).jpg
    #535 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Is that Bob Uecker? That dude’s the best.

Yep. 50 years in the booth as of yesterday.

#540 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:Devin Williams breaks his hand punching something while celebrating, and is out for the playoffs. WTF?

Yeah. Seriously. What the fuck.

#543 2 years ago

At first I wanted BOS to win, but seeing their fans happy now makes me want NYY to crush them relentlessly.

#580 2 years ago

Joe Kelly!

#582 2 years ago

Interesting call, and another reason the NL rules are way more compelling than the AL.

#583 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah….a little obvious. MLB should PERMANENTLY BAN ANY PLAYER for that. That’s a little blatant. He is a little bitch anyway. If he is so mad he should give his ring back and walk away from baseballas we all know the Red Sox and others did it as well. He is a hypocrite. Enough on the sign stealing. It happened. It’s in the past.
    Go Stro’s!!!

if everything the Red Sox did was fair game we'd all be pouring ketchup in our socks and talking about what heroes we were for it.

#585 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

What…you like that a pitcher is intentionally throwing a ball 80-100mph at a players head that could injure or end a career? That is completely wrong on every level…that’s like intentionally taking out players knees in the NFL or NBA…you can hurt someone but you don’t end a career intentionally.
    Now if you like the sign stealing I don’t have an issue with that…it’s been a part of baseball for a long time. And with all the cameras and stuff it’s harder for pitchers/catchers to disguise signs.
    Back to the playoffs…

Lol, yeah you caught me on the "liking it" part, quickly thought better and pulled that.

It's part of the game though as we all know, like it or not. No one feels bad for the Astros. Other teams cheating doesn't really balance a WS championship that could have easily gone another way had they not had an elaborate system in place after a pretty definitive warning to all teams.

And the commentary in that video is hilarious. Relax!

#588 2 years ago

What's the early O/U on stabbings?

#615 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Can you imagine a Milwaukee vs. Tampa Bay series?

We should be so lucky.

#624 2 years ago

If you want, we can just laugh about LA buying the wrong teams from cooler cities right in here.

#625 2 years ago

Go Beers!!!!

#696 2 years ago

Feels like it's going to be tough to get this one back to MKE. Shit.

#727 2 years ago

Everyone says "you can't do it over". Why not? Put together the teams as they were as best as you can for a special 7 game series to determine the 2017 world series. Astros win, they keep the title, Dodgers win and it's theirs.

Yeah, logistics, injuries, contracts... yada yada. We put together an NBA season during a pandemic without much of a problem. You can't tell me we couldn't figure this shit out.

Where do we draw the line? I don't know, but the Astros almost definitely didn't deserve the title as it is. You're not going to convince anyone outside of texas otherwise. Handing over the title to the Dodgers doesn't really accomplish a lot, it has to be earned.

We tend to lack creativity when it comes to these things. If we could apply as much imaginative in fixing this as they were in cheating, well we probably would have had something really entertaining to watch.

At the very least, if it comes down to Astros Dodgers again, there should be 2 titles on the line.

#731 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Again, what exactly does this have to do with the Astros whipping the White Sox this series?

I'm just doing my best to distract myself before an elimination game, alright??

#733 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Now that made me laugh.

giphy-downsized.gifgiphy-downsized.gif
    #747 2 years ago

Looked like no catch to me.

#753 2 years ago

Shit. Kind of how I expected the rest of the series to go after we came out flat in g2.

Braves played well, I hope they can take it all.

#773 2 years ago

Tb@bos a damn good game right now, TB fighting for their lives.

Edit: Lol, I fell out of pace after the brewers lost. Woke up from a nap and didn't even realize I was watching a replay. What a maroon.

#774 2 years ago

Delete

#798 2 years ago

Edit: Wrong thread

#845 2 years ago

::checks to make sure it's live::

Quite the game here!

2 weeks later
    #1150 2 years ago

Congrats, ATL!

#1183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The guys in the NFL thread wanted to know your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers homeopathic approach to the Covid vaccine.

Not all of us..

4 months later
    #1207 2 years ago

Last year was a huge disappointment with the lackluster playoff appearance. Brewers pitching should keep them competitive this year. I'm curious if Yelich can return to form.

2 months later
    #1282 1 year ago

There are contradicting studies on what significance payroll has on success. For the most part, it's pretty clear that money does play a significant role in regular season success. That advantage is significantly reduced in the postseason.

People tend to apply too much weight to contradicting statistical outliers on both sides, like the As and the cubs.

2 months later
    #1423 1 year ago

The Hader move is disappointing, but only because it feels like it confirms what we already knew - the team was unlikely to be competitive in the playoffs.

Because of that it makes sense to move Hader now. I trust Stearns until proven otherwise.

IMG_4891 (resized).PNGIMG_4891 (resized).PNG
    1 month later
    #1608 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

As much as I’ve MF’ed this team, and it’s been an exhausting 5 months, I’m starting to believe again. I can’t ever remember the Sox close to running anyone down in mid September and having a 9th inning comeback like they did. Probably setting myself up for more baseball heartbreak, but the ups and downs of a playoff chase in late September are the best in sports. I know all the wild cards lessen it a bit, but the three teams in the AL central have one shot and they’re gonna beat the shit out of each other to the finish line.

Enjoy it, a legitimate chase from a hot team to make the playoffs is about as good as it gets. It's a little different now with the extra spots, but it's still good to be the team no one wants to play in a shortened series.

#1636 1 year ago

Baseball has pretty rapidly altered their playoffs somewhat significantly. I think it was that rockies Padres(?) Single game tiebreaker 10-15 years ago that really made MLB realize how exciting that format could be. I'm not certain they haven't ruined it as a result.

#1671 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Brewers on the other hand should be playing every game from here on like it's Game 7 of the World Series.

That's what I'm afraid of

1 week later
    #1690 1 year ago

The Brewers are 1.5 gb with 8 to go, which means they're actually 2gb since they don't hold any tiebreakers. Quite the long shot, but it will make the final stretch fun to watch!

#1700 1 year ago

And just like that, 1gb!

#1710 1 year ago

Brewers up 2-0 in the 8th and give up a 4jack. jesus.

#1740 1 year ago

Our season is over, but I'll be tuning in to get the final game on the radio today. Every game with Uecker is a gift, who knows how many more we get.

ueck.gifueck.gifuecker.gifuecker.gif
    1 month later
    #2215 1 year ago

Congrats Astros fans! Not really the outcome I wanted, but glad the team could offer retention to their fanbase.

1 week later
    #2321 1 year ago

Oh wow, tons of activity going on in the mlb thread. I wonder what's happening?

Opens thread

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gifthe-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.