Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.
    #351 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

How about them cubs.
    Figures the best start ever comes in this shit season.

Yeah I’ll begrudgingly give some props, Yu Darvish was absolutely filthy last night. I like to watch him pitch and succeed because he got hosed the hardest by the Astros. Everybody thought he was tipping his pitches and it cost him probably 20-30 mil.

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah I’ll begrudgingly give some props, Yu Darvish was absolutely filthy last night. I like to watch him pitch and succeed because he got hosed the hardest by the Astros. Everybody thought he was tipping his pitches and it cost him probably 20-30 mil.

Don’t worry, he has cost the cubs plenty of money before finally showing up.

The past 2 games have been the best of the season. Make me wish it was a full season. The cubs look really well rounded and in a normal season would have better chance of working out the bull pen issues.

For now, I just accept that 2020 is a wash and am thankful to have the diversion and entertainment (along w MLB not allowing fans which was the right decision).

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There were no fans at the Angel/Astros game.
    Fox has been playing with the virtual crowd.
    If you didnt notice they are always blurry and move a little when camera moves. They are fake blocks of fans from last years games and this is done in the control "board" so to speak. Hollywood magic. ( I hate the virtual crowd and fake crowd noise).
    Its just to fake.

Got ya. It did look pretty blurry. And the crowd noise was definitely pumped in for the TV. No way there was that much noise at the game.

Thanks for clarifying that!

#354 3 years ago

I agree with Whysnow this season is kind of a wash. No real clear champ. Short season. Lots of injuries. Players sitting out.

For the sake of just keeping the players active and paying them something I wish they would have done a short 40 game warmup season and ended with an all teams double elimination tournament.

#355 3 years ago

I disagree. I’m glad they’re playing a shortened season. Enjoy it for what it is.

#356 3 years ago

White Sox go back to back to back to back! Not sure I’ve seen that before. Poor guy pitching for all four making his major league debut. Doh!

#357 3 years ago

Wild!

#358 3 years ago

I'd like to give a big shout out to Dave Dombrowski. He has crippled the Red Sox for the next few years. The exact opposite of Billy Bean. Go get some pitching.

1 week later
    #359 3 years ago

Just here to hype the White Sox some more.

EF479D71-AA6B-4E3C-B215-0D4E3FF4D28B (resized).jpegEF479D71-AA6B-4E3C-B215-0D4E3FF4D28B (resized).jpeg
    #360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

Yes, the Pirates are that bad.

#361 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

Good for him. Impressive!

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

congrats and awesome!

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Yes, the Pirates are that bad.

Agreed but when Giolito’s on he’s that good. I think he’s got a shot to throw multiple no-nos in his career. When you can throw 9 changeups in a row for strikes your stuff is filthy.

#364 3 years ago

Padres are really going for it, got Clevinger today.

3 weeks later
    #365 3 years ago

Cole vs Bieber game 1, should be epic. Round 1 is going to be great for both leagues!

#366 3 years ago

Not going to lie...60 game season sucked.

#367 3 years ago

If you’re an Angels fan I guess it did.. Pirates w just 19 wins, yikes..

#368 3 years ago

I thought it was great! First postseason in 12 years and Giolito was dealing. Feeling real good right now. Go Sox!

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Cole vs Bieber game 1, should be epic. Round 1 is going to be great for both leagues!

Biebs choked tonight. Yankees/Dodgers WS, and Dodgers win it all is my prediction.

Happy my Red Sox ate $&!^ this time around. Like we always used to say in Boston... "We'll get 'em next year!"

#370 3 years ago

I’m going Reds/Rays on a hunch. Go Sox!

#371 3 years ago

....as long as Houston doesn't go further I'll be happy.

#372 3 years ago

....as long as Houston doesn't go further I'll be happy.

As a Sox fan, I'd like to see them win this first series as I'd rather play Houston than the Twins.

#373 3 years ago

Closing this thread down////

1 week later
    #374 3 years ago

Joe Bucks voice isn’t so bad this afternoon..in a must win, they’re making a statement/history..

8E249B7C-BE73-41F6-A088-201B321F6C52 (resized).jpeg8E249B7C-BE73-41F6-A088-201B321F6C52 (resized).jpeg
    #375 3 years ago
    CF5957D5-0156-4138-AE09-9D53C6502815 (resized).jpegCF5957D5-0156-4138-AE09-9D53C6502815 (resized).jpeg
    #376 3 years ago

Do or die today!

#377 3 years ago

It’s hard to be real excited about these playoffs. The short season doesn’t compare to the grind of a full season. I kind of like it because each game matters a little more. The playoff games with no breaks is interesting. It means teams have to use more players and not rely on 2-3 top pitchers over a 5 or 7 game series. Tough for every team. Pitching has been all over the place from really good to really bad.

The expanded playoffs I do like with a short season mainly because it offsets the short season where you can see teams rise up or collapse over 162 games. A 60 game season doesn’t really allow for that.

#378 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Do or die today!

Yes it is! Can’t wait to see how it plays out. This is a unique season with Covid so it can never be fairly compared to a full season....but it has unique challenges that all teams have had to face.

#379 3 years ago

I’m still into the playoffs, as weird as it is w consecutive games each day. I’ll confess that I watched the nlcs game last night w the volume off most of the game, as I just can’t stand Bucks voice anymore. Maybe this should of been in the confession page.

#380 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

[quoted image]

This bet 4 games ago.

#381 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I just can’t stand Bucks voice anymore.

We miss having Vin Scully on the air for the Dodgers games. I liked Jon Miller when he was doing the Orioles.

The boys in blue Dodged a bullet last night, but there's two more in the barrel yet. I'm betting they don't make it. And what if the 'Stros win it all with a sub-500 regular "season"? Playoffs get too much weight in almost every sport. "Preserving $u$pen$e" (and milking it) kicks out "overall performance."

#382 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I just can’t stand Bucks voice anymore.

When you watch him on the NFL, they throw Troy Aikman into the mix so Buck doesn't seem as bad. lol. But really, they both suck.

#383 3 years ago

I like the “James Woods” voice we have on the ALCS games. That one guy sounds a lot like him.

We needs fans in the stands so we can get more Joe Buck Sucks.....that was hilarious.

#384 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

We miss having Vin Scully on the air for the Dodgers games. I liked Jon Miller when he was doing the Orioles.
    The boys in blue Dodged a bullet last night, but there's two more in the barrel yet. I'm betting they don't make it. And what if the 'Stros win it all with a sub-500 regular "season"? Playoffs get too much weight in almost every sport. "Preserving $u$pen$e" (and milking it) kicks out "overall performance."

Dodgers still have a chance. Would be an amazing story for Dodgers and Astros to come back. Odds are not good. And the playoffs are meant to be weighted. The NBA is a great example. The Rockets are a great regular season team. They are a horrible playoff team. Regular season just qualifies teams to compete for a championship even though the best team may not have made it. It happens. And in the playoffs even good/better teams get eliminated. That’s why we play the games and don’t award paper champions.

#385 3 years ago

Astros and Tampa pitching matchup could be good. Charlie Morton facing the Stro’s. Could not have asked for a better game 7 scenario.

#386 3 years ago

There are 3 guarantees in life, death, taxes, and Dusty Baker choking in the playoffs.

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

There are 3 guarantees in life, death, taxes, and Dusty Baker choking in the playoffs.

LMAO!!! Lots of people rooting for him but you are correct sir!

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well, you called that one.

#389 3 years ago

Altuve has the yips so bad, wonder if he'll ever be the same.

#390 3 years ago

Charlie Morton is a stud. The bigger the game the better he pitches.

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Altuve has the yips so bad, wonder if he'll ever be the same.

I don’t care for this guy..is he a good player? Sure..but I don’t care for a cheater (allegedly)

#392 3 years ago

Charlie Morton is a very good pitcher. He struggles at times like anyone but he has shined in big moments.

#393 3 years ago

Game 7 tonight! A 22 year old vs. a 23 year old. So pumped.

#394 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Game 7 tonight! A 22 year old vs. a 23 year old. So pumped.

Who’s starting for LA? My sports app says Gonsolin, yet my tv ticker says May..

#395 3 years ago

Not sure but who is pitching but excited it’s another game 7. Houston fell flat which sucks because it would have been great to see Houston and LA. I don’t have a favorite tonight but we will soon find out who is going. Hoping for a good game.

#396 3 years ago

Anticipating a Blown Save by one team or the other tonight.

#397 3 years ago

Happy to hear that Buck won’t be there to announce the game w Smoltz! I’m feeling superstitious, as I’m wearing the same shirt , pants & hat from yesterday

#398 3 years ago

Two-fer time: either LA or Tampa Bay will get two championships this year. The Lakers got the basketball title, the Lightning got the Stanley Cup. One of them will get the Meat Loaf title in a week.

#399 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Two-fer time: either LA or Tampa Bay will get two championships this year. The Lakers got the basketball title, the Lightning got the Stanley Cup. One of them will get the Meat Loaf title in a week.

Rootin for Tampa!! Bucs ain't doing bad either.

#400 3 years ago

Go Dodgers!
    Dodgerdog (resized).jpgDodgerdog (resized).jpgdodgers-fans-cutouts (resized).jpegdodgers-fans-cutouts (resized).jpegGettyImages-1144891212 (resized).jpgGettyImages-1144891212 (resized).jpg

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.