Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.
    #301 3 years ago

Marlins: apparently as many as 12 players have tested positive in the last 3 days... 2 coaches.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Marlins: apparently as many as 12 players have tested positive in the last 3 days... 2 coaches.

Yeah, much like the XFL, I don't see this season going the distance. I appreciate their optimism, but apparently Covid is an equal opportunity offender.

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

so what is the plan? Do the Marlins pause for the next 2 weeks?
    Season over for them?
    Phillies pause also now?

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so what is the plan? Do the Marlins pause for the next 2 weeks?
    Season over for them?
    Phillies pause also now?

I don't think you can pause just one team. They were trying to do 60 games in 68 or so days? They don't have a lot of time for postponed games, unless you want snowfall on the ground for the World Series. (Or play the games at a neutral roofed stadium). If the rest of the league continues and the Marlins have to forfeit the games, suddenly the NL East is going to rack up wins, something you and I wouldn't like as NL Central fans who want playoff spots.

I don't know the answer, it's an unheard of situation. My gut says the season is over, but I don't know.

Also, congrats on taking 2 of 3 against us this weekend.

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This season is going to happen so quick.

How right you were.

Can we just crown a champ and call it a day or is a 4-game season too short?

No sports in 2020. Accept it. Don’t fight it.

#306 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200727-200814_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200727-200814_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #307 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yeah, much like the XFL, I don't see this season going the distance. I appreciate their optimism, but apparently Covid is an equal opportunity offender.

Yeah this is probably MLB’s worst nightmare. I figured it would happen eventually, but that it happened during the first weekend is not very encouraging.

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How right you were.
    Can we just crown a champ and call it a day or is a 4-game season too short?
    No sports in 2020. Accept it. Don’t fight it.

I say we give the trophy to the Orioles because there was doubt they’d win 10 out of 60 this year. And they did it to the Red Sox which just makes it so much better.

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I say we give the trophy to the Orioles because there was doubt they’d win 10 out of 60 this year. And they did it to the Red Sox which just makes it so much better.

How bout them Os!

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

O's are 40-29 against White Sox over the last decade, owning them both home and away. You know better than to listen to silly pundits and predictors!!

#311 3 years ago

"The Nationals held a team vote on the club’s scheduled upcoming trip to play the coronavirus-stricken Marlins in Miami, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (via Twitter). The “vast majority” of players oppose boarding the flight."

This season is pretty much done.

#312 3 years ago

A great opinion piece explaining why we can’t have sports: short answer, America sucks and didn’t do what it needed to, unlike Korea, Italy, and everywhere else.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/28/why-are-sports-trouble-us-because-we-didnt-do-work/

#313 3 years ago

Brewers-Cardinals postponed today....what is that now, 20% of the league games postponed today?

#314 3 years ago

This shortened season will have asterisk for the winnner.

Best idea might have been to have maybe a short 40 game warm up season to get players in shape and 30 team double elimination tournament. More for fun and the players to stay sharp and get paid a little. No true champ this year no matter how it plays out. Many injuries, players sitting out so most teams not playing the best they can.

#315 3 years ago

Huge props to Joe Kelly, and doing what he did vs those Astros a few days ago. Is his suspension worthy? Absolutely..just wished that a pitch hit the body, and not in the head of course..now, if only other teams follow suit...

#316 3 years ago

Props to pitching intentionally to hit people??? Any pitcher doing that should be banned for those actions. One wrong pitch intentional pitch can end a career. People need to grow up and be adults. No need to hate on the Astros as we know damn near every team steals signs. Astros took it overtly too far I would agree.

Let’s put you in the batters box and have pitches intentionally thrown to hit you and see how you like it. One mistake and you can end a guys career. If you could guarantee a player would only be hit in the back, butt, arm, leg, etc. then not as big a deal. Hurts like hell I am sure but if no injury consequence I get on field justice. But you have to draw a line for player’s safety. If this had been regular season the bench clearing would have been a brawl I bet.

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Props to pitching intentionally to hit people??? Any pitcher doing that should be banned for those actions. One wrong pitch intentional pitch can end a career. People need to grow up and be adults. No need to hate on the Astros as we know damn near every team steals signs. Astros took it overtly too far I would agree.
    Let’s put you in the batters box and have pitches intentionally thrown to hit you and see how you like it. One mistake and you can end a guys career. If you could guarantee a player would only be hit in the back, butt, arm, leg, etc. then not as big a deal. Hurts like hell I am sure but if no injury consequence I get on field justice. But you have to draw a line for player’s safety. If this had been regular season the bench clearing would have been a brawl I bet.

You'd a thought they would've been beating their secret trash can code to alert the batter of an incoming beaner.

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:Huge props to Joe Kelly, and doing what he did vs those Astros a few days ago

I don't care about the throw behind incident, but Kelly might have become my new favorite player when he yelled "nice swing bitch" when he struck out Correa. That worked up the Astros- Baker went on record and said 'What are we supposed to do, just sit there and take it?"

Yes Dusty, you can either get your team to hit the ball without additional assistance, or just take it when you strike out.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

C’mon, everybody seeing this coming, including the players. I don’t wish that anyone gets hit in the head, or seriously injured while in the box. More fans have been killed in the stands from foul balls. Call/say what you want, but I’d think that most fans would agree that it’d be wrong to not respond in some way for the bs the astros did years ago..and total bs how the commissioner reacted/responded to the ‘alleged cheating’ give me a fn break..

#320 3 years ago

Look at this guy...Kelly is hilarious...

Baseball meets WWE... LOL

#321 3 years ago

Players have always handed out punishment on the field. So yeah it was expected.

Not sure how MLB was supposed to handle it. If they really dug damn near every team would have to be punished. The list of fines/suspensions would be as bad as the steroid scandal. Would be very hard to find a single team that was not stealing signs. That’s why they stopped where they did.

Secondly pitchers in AL teams Or facing AL teams have only rare chances to get their turn in the batters box. If every pitcher batted they would get hit by pitches plenty. They should have their chance to get hit too if they want to dish it out.

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Would be very hard to find a single team that was not stealing signs. That’s why they stopped where they did

This is sort of true. Every team was trying to gain an advantage and stealing signs. The league put all of the teams on notice to stop. The cheating incidents getting the attention were AFTER all the teams were put on notice to stop.

I have no idea why pitchers, coaches, and catchers dont have radios, it would stop in a heartbeat.

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

You'd a thought they would've been beating their secret trash can code to alert the batter of an incoming beaner.

Now that’s funny!!!

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This is sort of true. Every team was trying to gain an advantage and stealing signs. The league put all of the teams on notice to stop. The cheating incidents getting the attention were AFTER all the teams were put on notice to stop.
    I have no idea why pitchers, coaches, and catchers dont have radios, it would stop in a heartbeat.

Agree. There is so much technology to be used to not be overtly stealing signs. It’s not illegal but there are some rules on how you can do it.

And yeah a memo was sent. Not sure how serious any team took it but the Astros paid no attention. They had a chance to “stop”. But if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying!

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

One wrong pitch can end a career? Sure. Guess what, cheating using video equipment also can end a career... try being a minor leaguer and having your one shot on the stage get destroyed by a bunch of losers cheating. It happened. So don’t go crying a river while these multi-millionaires get beaned.

BS on the entire league cheating. That’s a cop-out argument.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

O's are 40-29 against White Sox over the last decade, owning them both home and away. You know better than to listen to silly pundits and predictors!!

The O’s and everyone else have owned the White Sox for the past decade. They haven’t made the playoffs in 12 years.

#327 3 years ago

The way it’s looking, first team to 10 wins gets the trophy.

#328 3 years ago

Wins or games? Games are starting to drop left and right.

#329 3 years ago

Marlins just picked up two Phillies as replacement players. Kind of embarrassing when your new replacement players are better than your old replacement players...

#331 3 years ago

Joe Kelly gets 8 game suspension for hitting no one and the Trashstros don't get a single game for stealing the 2017 title. The Astros could've vacated the title or Manfred could've got some balls and removed the title or suspended the players involved, problem solved. Neither of these happened so everyone outside of the Astros bubble wants payback and it will come. I believe this will go on for the next few seasons or until some of their players move on, they don't have the cash to keep this team together.

#332 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200801-101616_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200801-101616_Hangouts (resized).jpg
    #333 3 years ago

Lorenzo Cain just opted out. I dont see how this season isnt scrapped by tomorrow.

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lorenzo Cain just opted out. I dont see how this season isnt scrapped by tomorrow.

Yeah. Appears done. And expected.

Enjoyed it while it lasted. Nice diversion

#335 3 years ago

White Sox pitching staff opted out before the season even started...

I will show myself out... Lol

#336 3 years ago

Padres in first...
    Just give em the trophy!!!

#337 3 years ago

Finally, a place to vent my frustrations about the MLB plan. To start with, why is anyone other than the manager, bench and pitching coach in the dugout?
    Every White Sox game they have 40k+ empty seats available (insert joke here Wrigley Field fans) and they are all sitting together in the dugout? It really shouldn't be hard to isolate from each other during a baseball game.

#338 3 years ago

MLB had all the pieces in place to make it work, a pretty distanced sport, team facilities ready to go in the south to minimize travel complications.. they just couldnt bring it together.

I hope the NFL heeds this warning. They're going to need to pivot hard to make their season work. As it stands, I have practically 0 confidence it will.

#339 3 years ago

MLB had all the pieces in place to make it work, a pretty distanced sport, team facilities ready to go in the south to minimize travel complications.. they just couldnt bring it together.
    I hope the NFL heeds this warning. They're going to need to pivot hard to make their season work. As it stands, I have practically 0 confidence it will.

GB was just bragging they are prepped to have only 10k fans per game.

Keep in mind, this is about avg of what to expect there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/i1ytbq/youre_telling_me_kids_wont_spread_the_rona_more/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

#340 3 years ago

Just noticed there are fans at the Angels/Astros game. They are playing on the road in LA. Shocked they allowed fans with a couple teams having players test positive. If a few more teams have a couple cases this may end real quick.

If baseball struggles the NFL season may not be any better.

#341 3 years ago

It’s not about what mlb did or didn’t do, or how the players behaved.

It’s that with a pandemic raging out of control in our country it’s pretty much impossible to pull this off.

We’ll see how the nba bubble idea works out.

#342 3 years ago

And now I see the MLB commissioner has back pedaled and is now saying no reason to shut this season down.

If enough people test positive and have to be quarantined I don’t see how this can continue. There are only so many backup/minor league players you can backfill with before you run out or the talent on the field is just not competitive.

Will be interesting to watch.

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Just noticed there are fans at the Angels/Astros game. They are playing on the road in LA. Shocked they allowed fans with a couple teams having players test positive. If a few more teams have a couple cases this may end real quick.
    If baseball struggles the NFL season may not be any better.

There were no fans at the Angel/Astros game.
    Fox has been playing with the virtual crowd.
    If you didnt notice they are always blurry and move a little when camera moves. They are fake blocks of fans from last years games and this is done in the control "board" so to speak. Hollywood magic. ( I hate the virtual crowd and fake crowd noise).
    Its just to fake.

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If you didnt notice they are always blurry and move a little when camera moves. They are fake blocks of fans from last years games and this is done in the control "board" so to speak. Hollywood magic. ( I hate the virtual crowd and fake crowd noise).
    Its just to fake.

And occasionally.....
    Screenshot (resized).pngScreenshot (resized).png
    https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/1288992544467169282

1 week later
    #345 3 years ago

Astros just can't keep from stepping in it. Their hitting coach should be done for the year after the crap he pulled today. Laureano gets hit 3 times in 3 days and this ass hat challenges him from the dugout then hides behind his players. Stay classy Houston, just more fuel on the fire. Better not be whining when the shoe is on the other foot.. It will all even out in the end.

#346 3 years ago

My favorite part of the season so far is how awful the Red Sox are

#347 3 years ago

Loved watching the O’s put up a 5 spot on Stephen Strasburg yesterday. Too bad the tarp crew couldn’t unroll the tarp... never seen anything quite like it

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Loved watching the O’s put up a 5 spot on Stephen Strasburg yesterday. Too bad the tarp crew couldn’t unroll the tarp... never seen anything quite like it

Reminds me of the time Cutch helped save the day:

Here's the extended cut of the Nat's fiasco:

#349 3 years ago

How about them cubs.

Figures the best start ever comes in this shit season.

#350 3 years ago

Put this season out of its misery please. End it.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.