Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.
    #251 3 years ago

I think this year is gonna be cool (provided they get through it).. Every game is almost the equivalent of a series. If (when) the White Sox win the World Series, no asterisks.

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I think this year is gonna be cool (provided they get through it).. Every game is almost the equivalent of a series. If (when) the White Sox win the World Series, no asterisks.

I live in Rangers country, but grew up a ChiSox fan. My grandparents were from there and were southsiders. Loved Frank Thomas, and Bo Jackson is my favorite athlete of all time. Went to a few games in 92 when he was there, with his bionic hip. I hope they get back on top. Still root for them.

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I live in Rangers country, but grew up a ChiSox fan. My grandparents were from there and were southsiders. Loved Frank Thomas, and Bo Jackson is my favorite athlete of all time. Went to a few games in 92 when he was there, with his bionic hip. I hope they get back on top. Still root for them.

Had season tickets back then until the strike of ‘94 hit , then I swore off baseball for a few years. Bo wasn’t quite Bo by the time he got here but he still gave us a few thrills.

#254 3 years ago

I was living in so cal back in ‘99, and was lucky enough to go to the dodgers season opener...it was Kevin brown for the hometown, vs Randy Johnson & the D backs..Both 1st games on their new clubs..I remember Raul Mondesi tying the game in late innings, and later winning it w a hr by the bullpen, the ball was flying maybe 10’ away from me. Was a classic game I’ll never forget..

#255 3 years ago

I wish every season had this division alignment. More regional rivalries are exactly what baseball needs to remain a bit more relevant, IMO. I am a bit bummed there will be no Pittsburgh Blue Jays now. I was looking forward to seeing an actual major league team play home games there this year, as opposed to the usual AAAA farm team for the large market clubs.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I wish every season had this division alignment. More regional rivalries are exactly what baseball needs to remain a bit more relevant, IMO. I am a bit bummed there will be no Pittsburgh Blue Jays now. I was looking forward to seeing an actual major league team play home games there this year, as opposed to the usual AAAA farm team for the large market clubs.

Shots over the bow!

#257 3 years ago

It will be weird watching a Giants v Dodgers game tonight without stabbings.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

honestly... I agree as of right now
    Will be neat to see how this all goes.

I have no problem with a shortened and more intense season also.

I see no way the Covid does not wreck havoc, but if all goes forward then this is a cool experimental season at minimum.

#259 3 years ago

They are talking about expanding the playoffs to 16 teams...
    Like it!

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

White Sox will definitely have an advantage, as they haven’t played in front of fans for going on a decade now.

#261 3 years ago

Disappointed Soto's out tonight with the virus. Will be some good battles between him and Cole in the future. Play Ball!!

#262 3 years ago

My Red's are good for about 60 wins a year so this season plays right into our wheelhouse!

pete (resized).jpgpete (resized).jpg
    #263 3 years ago

GO Cubs!

Cubs (resized).jpgCubs (resized).jpg

#264 3 years ago

Go dodgers!!!

C3C50A31-8676-4B3B-9B0F-A0632033E833 (resized).jpegC3C50A31-8676-4B3B-9B0F-A0632033E833 (resized).jpeg
    #265 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Go dodgers!!!

Just no beating those old school Brooklyn uniforms!

#266 3 years ago

Kershaw scratched and put on the IL, not a good start for LaD.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

White Sox will definitely have an advantage, as they haven’t played in front of fans for going on a decade now.

Get some new material Jay.

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I mean... it is accurate. And funny

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Is Yoan good to go? He’s my starting 3B

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It obviously irritates him, so I’m going to keep rolling with it.

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nobody asked you Hilton Beat it.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

It obviously irritates him, so I’m going to keep rolling with it.

Why would it irritate me? I love games with nobody there. I get primo seats for $25, can get from my door into the park in 35 minutes, and no lines for beer or bathroom.

Any of you chirpy Cubs fans that want to wager Cubs/Sox total wins for the season name your price. I’ll bet cash or whiskey.

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Kershaw scratched and put on the IL, not a good start for LaD.

Ya, heard that he hurt his back in the weight room. The young stud Dustin May gets the start 2nite, my 2nd fave ginger on the team..Justin Turner is the shit!

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Why would it irritate me? I love games with nobody there. I get primo seats for $25, can get from my door into the park in 35 minutes, and no lines for beer or bathroom.
    Any of you chirpy Cubs fans that want to wager Cubs/Sox total wins for the season name your price. I’ll bet cash or whiskey.

$100

#274 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Ya, heard that he hurt his back in the weight room. The young stud Dustin May gets the start 2nite, my 2nd fave ginger on the team..Justin Turner is the shit!

I think Urias is going to turn into a stud, kid can pitch.

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think Urias is going to turn into a stud, kid can pitch.

Maybe the next great Mexican pitcher..Fernandomania in the early ‘80’s was good times!

#277 3 years ago

OMG. I am watching baseball !

And it’s not some game from 1975

#278 3 years ago

I think they should take out the netting. On a wild pitch, see whose cardboard head they can knock off! It would add a whole new dimension to the game

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

^The makings of a classic Pinside T-Shirt^

O’s edging closer to having Toronto play 30 home games in Camden. only saving grace would be Toronto paying the O’s to do it.

#280 3 years ago

I tried, i repeat tried to watch the Dodger San Fran game last night. Maybe its me, I couldn't get into at all. The announcer's were just horrible, they bored the crap out of me.
    I had to turn volume down and play Pinball. Kept game on, but this season just isnt the same.
    Looking forward to next spring and hopefully this will come back to normal. New normal sucks.

#281 3 years ago

Twins first game tonight! My son and his two boys are coming over. Beer, nachos, hot dogs and brats are on the menu.

Pictured is my son, Justin and grandson Gordon, at a game last year. Justin's younger son, Teddy, turned 4 and was going to make his first trip to Target Field this year. Looks like it'll have to wait until 2021.

F0F426DD-9B56-4FED-B130-24335BFCFDFA_1_105_c (resized).jpegF0F426DD-9B56-4FED-B130-24335BFCFDFA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #282 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200724-123231_Hangouts (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200724-123231_Hangouts (resized).jpg
    #283 3 years ago

I always thought that cubbies fan sat down to pee...

#284 3 years ago

We only do that at Wrigley North

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I tried, i repeat tried to watch the Dodger San Fran game last night. Maybe its me, I couldn't get into at all. The announcer's were just horrible, they bored the crap out of me.
    I had to turn volume down and play Pinball. Kept game on, but this season just isnt the same.
    Looking forward to next spring and hopefully this will come back to normal. New normal sucks.

I think it was the announcers, the ESPN guys are not my favorites. Hopefully the normal announcers will get into it and everyone will get used to it

#286 3 years ago

Would have been funnier if you had cropped out The onion.

Half effort for a brewer fan is A+ in my book

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Would have been funnier if you had cropped out The onion.
    Half effort for a brewer fan is A+ in my book

I didn't want cubs fans to get confused. I figured I better leave the onion reference in there so you don't all rush out and mail full frontal pics to your favorite club.

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I didn't want cubs fans to get confused. I figured I better leave the onion reference in there so you don't all rush out and mail full frontal pics to your favorite club.

I gotta say, I wish we had more games against each other this year. 10? Just isn’t enough

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Let ‘em have it Deacon! Preach!

#291 3 years ago

This season is going to happen so quick.

#292 3 years ago
    Quoted from mark532011:

I think it was the announcers, the ESPN guys are not my favorites. Hopefully the normal announcers will get into it and everyone will get used to it

Wow. Watching ESPN sucks compared to watching the Angel game on the local channel. The minute I changed the channel and heard familiar voices it seemed way better. No wonder I wasn't enjoying the earlier games as much as usual. Way better with the locals.

#293 3 years ago
    BC71AA5A-3DE7-4A1C-B489-DA7D7B2E93A4 (resized).jpegBC71AA5A-3DE7-4A1C-B489-DA7D7B2E93A4 (resized).jpeg
    #294 3 years ago

Its nice to see fox contributing to the realism by filling Wrigley with fake fans.

#295 3 years ago

3 days of baseball and I'm over the fake crowd noise/pink noise. Its an annoying hisss.
    Rather just here players talk fart and burp.

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

3 days of baseball and I'm over the fake crowd noise/pink noise. Its an annoying hisss.
    Rather just here players talk fart and burp.

Agreed

#297 3 years ago

I was listening to the Os radio broadcast today and the crowd sounded authentic... I like the escape.

I had a moment of forgetting the shit show we’re wallowing through.

#298 3 years ago

Orioles, Marlins and Padres are in 1st! Love the new season.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Orioles, Marlins and Padres are in 1st! Love the new season.

Technically the Padres are the only team still undefeated but that may change today

#300 3 years ago

Pretty amazing that not even one team managed to go 3-0

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/6?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.