Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.
    #201 4 years ago

I know it’s crazy talk but the Sox MIGHT not win the WS. Not likely but look at the Dodgers last year...the best team doesn’t always win Jay.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from phlip_phanatic:

85 Bears only getting one SB.

There is only one Super Bowl per year. The 85 bears could only win the one in 85....

#203 4 years ago

I’m jealous of you guys. Orioles nation is at a standstill - deep in The rebuilding phase. The most we can really hope for this year is another shot at a one or two pick in the following year’s draft!

Had a great run from 2012-2017... hopefully our next shot will be backed by a significantly better minor league system.

#204 4 years ago

The Phillies sure are doing a good job of getting the 2013 Pirates back together this year!

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

The Phillies sure are doing a good job of getting the 2013 Pirates back together this year!

I like the team they’ve put together but that division is going to be a bitch.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m jealous of you guys. Orioles nation is at a standstill - deep in The rebuilding phase. The most we can really hope for this year is another shot at a one or two pick in the following year’s draft!
    Had a great run from 2012-2017... hopefully our next shot will be backed by a significantly better minor league system.

Oof. I feel your pain, my team has been irrelevant for years (no playoffs in 12 years!). They need to totally hit the reset button. I think your minor league talent is on the rise, that’s a nice start.

#206 4 years ago

I know it's only spring training but only a few more hours to 1st pitch.... Let's go!!

#207 4 years ago

So now the Astros have the female security guards stealing signs??? These guys are diaper s@$%t soft. If they can't handle this wait until they're in Oakland. What a bunch of pussys.

#208 4 years ago

Everybody - "The Astros management and team can't make this cheating fiasco any worse."

The Astros - "Hold our trashcans!"

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

So now the Astros have the female security guards stealing signs??? These guys are diaper s@$%t soft. If they can't handle this wait until they're in Oakland. What a bunch of pussys.

Well they are sign stealers so it makes sense.

4 weeks later
    #210 4 years ago

Opening day! Oh wait.....

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Opening day! Oh wait.....

I had (have) killer seats for the White Sox opener too. Bummer. Oh well, opening day on a glorious June afternoon will not suck.

#212 4 years ago

The Astros should be getting beaned right now...

#213 4 years ago

Really missing baseball

#214 4 years ago

Royals stadium looks like it has normal opening day crowd. Doesn’t appear to be any affect on attendance.

#215 4 years ago

Straight blasphemy!

4AFE4058-94AC-4B99-A71E-34BAD6F750AD (resized).jpeg4AFE4058-94AC-4B99-A71E-34BAD6F750AD (resized).jpeg
    #216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Straight blasphemy![quoted image]

I agree, Budweiser is fucking trash.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Royals stadium looks like it has normal opening day crowd. Doesn’t appear to be any affect on attendance.

I’ve heard the same joke all week about the White Sox from many Cub fans. Go ahead Jaybird815

#218 4 years ago

Well, at least we have Yelich for another nineeight years. I'm really happy we have him locked up. I was expecting a lean year from the Brewers, but now I'll just be happy if we see any baseball at all.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve heard the same joke all week about the White Sox from many Cub fans. Go ahead jaybird815

A lot of people go to US Comiscular, then they hop on the red line and head north to watch a real team play

#220 4 years ago

Anyone else think this entire season won't be played?

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It sure is starting to look that way

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

At this point Bryan, I'm hopeful for a 81 game half season.
    Twins / Padres World Series (It could happen)

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

At this point Bryan, I'm hopeful for a 81 game half season.
    Twins / Padres World Series (It could happen)

The All-Star Game and break could be a good start to the season! Let's Hope for this.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The All-Star Game and break could be a good start to the season! Let's Hope for this.

That's my prediction...

#225 4 years ago

An 81 game season would be pretty rad. Some intense games and series for sure.

#226 4 years ago
    822D6CE8-4591-4919-8E6D-97E771762DA4 (resized).jpeg822D6CE8-4591-4919-8E6D-97E771762DA4 (resized).jpeg
    #227 4 years ago

Pirates haven't noticed a loss of expected attendance yet.
    I kid... I'm bummed as I had some decent tickets for when they were coming to Camden Yards Easter weekend.

#228 4 years ago

So bored today , I watched the birds fight over worms , Blue Jays lead the Cardinals 4 to 3

1 week later
    #229 4 years ago

Going to miss Target Field this year. Here's a pic of my wife with Long on mother's day. Long works the beer wall at the stadium. Twenty four different beer taps at the wall.

I love the beer wall.

E0B1835B-901E-4E84-9BAB-3E8769755CC9_1_105_c (resized).jpegE0B1835B-901E-4E84-9BAB-3E8769755CC9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #230 3 years ago

60 game season... here we go!

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I still have my doubts.
    A few Florida Marlins now have covid.
    I also believe there is no ink yet, still time for players Association to balk.

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m looking forward to it being back, but far less so than I should be.

DH in the NL... runner on second to start every inning in extras...

The people in charge of baseball continue to show that they do not like the actual game of baseball.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

The people in charge of baseball continue to show that they do not like the actual game of baseball.

DH I. The NL is inevitable. Players Union is going to force because it creates jobs

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

I also hate the DH. It seems like I'm very much in the minority on that, though.

I'm excited for the shortened season, but I'm pretty skeptical that this will go off without a hitch. I wonder how team infections will be handled... it seems like game forfeitures will be inevitable, and really make standings complicated.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I also hate the DH. It seems like I'm very much in the minority on that, though.
    I'm excited for the shortened season, but I'm pretty skeptical that this will go off without a hitch. I wonder how team infections will be handled... it seems like game forfeitures will be inevitable, and really make standings complicated.

I am not a fan of the DH either but not having it one league gives a disadvantage to the NL in the World Series. Sure AL pitchers have to hit for the first time but in the end they are still just pitchers. It may not be a huge advantage but an actual middle of the order hitter over a fourth outfielder is still an advantage. IMO

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I am not a fan of the DH either but not having it one league gives a disadvantage to the NL in the World Series. Sure AL pitchers have to hit for the first time but in the end they are still just pitchers. It may not be a huge advantage but an actual middle of the order hitter over a fourth outfielder is still an advantage. IMO

I’m a big fan of the DH. I get the purist aspect of having a pitcher hit, but watching teams getting into a pinch, only to pitch around a position player to get to a pitcher is boring. The excitement level of placing a professional hitter in the lineup is way more entertaining to my eyes.

I grew up an AL fan... spent 8 years in an NL city before MLB TV was a thing... and still strongly prefer AL ball. Of course, I’ll watch any ball. But I’d rather watch AL games.

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m a big fan of the DH. I get the purist aspect of having a pitcher hit, but watching teams getting into a pinch, only to pitch around a position player to get to a pitcher is boring. The excitement level of placing a professional hitter in the lineup is way more entertaining to my eyes.
    I grew up an AL fan... spent 8 years in an NL city before MLB TV was a thing... and still strongly prefer AL ball. Of course, I’ll watch any ball. But I’d rather watch AL games.

Man I totally get it. And I completely agree with you. I think it should be the same in both leagues either way it goes. But for me the end game on it is that a team making a 30 million dollar investment on a guy to play in 33 games can’t afford to lose him swinging a bat or running bases.

#238 3 years ago

I hope that there’s a season..60 games, kinda weird if it happens. I can’t be the only 1 who really wants to see a bunch of astros getting hit by pitches....is that wrong?!

#239 3 years ago

I don’t have strong feelings either way about the DH, I just wish they’d make it in both leagues or just shitcan it. Nothing worse than watching interleague play and watching AL guys hit or try to bunt. Brutal. I do admit to loving watching pitchers who can swing the bat at the plate. I think it’s fucking awesome when they have a good at bat and rope one.

3 weeks later
    #240 3 years ago

Not sure what's more out of place. The Buffalo Blue Jays? Piped in crowd noise? Those weird pictures of the fans at Citi Field? Yanks hitting bombs into empty bleachers? No posts and season starts in 3 days? This year cannot end soon enough.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

No posts and season starts in 3 days

My uncle is the Stadium Announcer for the Rays. He just got notified yesterday what the staffing for the season is going to look like and the season is 3 days away. I think MLB is shooting from the hip like everyone else is.

#242 3 years ago

Let’s Go O’s!!!!!

Covid Champs 2020!!!

#243 3 years ago

I still say a 60 game season is lame.
    In my mind the whole year has an asterix after it anyway.

#244 3 years ago

Let’s go Mets. It’s better to have baseball than nothing.

#245 3 years ago

I just wanna see some Astros get beaned!

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I still say a 60 game season is lame.
    In my mind the whole year has an asterix after it anyway.

It’s not normal. BUT, teams are going to be playing their asses off. Zero room for error

#247 3 years ago

Nobody seems to want the Blue Jays in their city. Lol

First Toronto...now Pittsburgh.

#248 3 years ago

No offense, but the mere thought of having the Blue Jays use Camden Yards as their home base makes me sick to my stomach! Cito Gaston, that schmuck, blew the Jays’ welcome in our building back in 93!!

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Nobody seems to want the Blue Jays in their city. Lol
    First Toronto...now Pittsburgh.

Last I heard, they may simply play every game on the road.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Last I heard, they may simply play every game on the road.

That would be such a beating. I hate the Jays, but wish that fate on no team. Maybe they could use the old Ballpark in Arlington and all sleep over at Rougned Odor's place.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/5?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.