Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 47.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

MLB should strip the WS and ALL individual Awards from the 2017 - 2020 Astros.
    MVPs, Batting Titles, ALL of them.

I agree with this. What a pitiful cast of characters. I had such respect for Altuve... sucks to find out he’s nothing more than a pathetic cheat.

His whole post game interview... full of giggles and awkward explaining that he’s shy and he didn’t want to embarrass his wife, only to see his Public Instagram sporting shirt off (and other games where he gleefully had his jersey torn to shreds). What a low life.

How is it that Pete Rose gets banned for life, but these losers are given a pat on the back and the public is told their leadership let them down?

Stupid.

I hope some of the fans and player (possibly players?) suing dig some money out of these guys.

I hate the Yankees, Sox, and Blue Jays because they’re divisional rivals. But it’s a rivalry kind of hate. The Astros? That’s a team you can actually hate.

#152 4 years ago

My Dodgers are looking like the team to beat this year. And hopefully Kershaw can show up in the playoffs now that teams aren’t stealing signs anymore...

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

My Dodgers are looking like the team to beat this year. And hopefully Kershaw can show up in the playoffs now that teams aren’t stealing signs anymore...

Kershaw was totally screwed by the Stros. Those home and away numbers are crazy

#154 4 years ago

Can't wait for the Trashstros to start the whining about getting pitched up and in all year. Better get their dancing shoes on and I'm thinking Mike Clevinger might be the one chomping at the bit to get a big old piece. Get yer popcorn.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Kershaw was totally screwed by the Stros. Those home and away numbers are crazy

I feel bad for Yu Darvish and all the hate he got for losing that game.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Can't wait for the Trashstros to start the whining about getting pitched up and in all year. Better get their dancing shoes on and I'm thinking Mike Clevinger might be the one chomping at the bit to get a big old piece. Get yer popcorn.

Sadly, I bet MLB will be more likely to suspend players for retaliation than actually suspending any Astro players.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sadly, I bet MLB will be more likely to suspend players for retaliation than actually suspending any Astro players.

How screwed up is that? A pitcher who purposely pitches at the Astros will serve a bigger punishment than any of the Astros did for actually cheating.

MLBs priorities are out of whack.

#158 4 years ago

Yup, I wouldn’t dig in at the plate too much if I were an Astro. Plunk!

#159 4 years ago

I am excited about the giants. Hunter pence is back, panda is back and we will see how Gabe Kapler is going to take them

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I wouldn’t dig in at the plate too much if I were an Astro. Plunk!

WWNRD : What Would Nolan Ryan Do?

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

WWNRD : What Would Nolan Ryan Do?

Also begs the question:WWRVD? What would Robin Ventura Do?

#162 4 years ago

LOL.... ah, man. That beating that Ryan gave Ventura. Pummeled!

#163 4 years ago

I'd be interested in this thread if the Royals weren't already mathematically eliminated.

#164 4 years ago

I just read where someone during Altuve's at bat in spring training, was banging on a trash can.

Made me think, every team that plays Houston, needs to have a free mini trashcan give away at one of the games.

#165 4 years ago

I think Justin Turner said it best

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think Justin Turner said it best

The players openly bashing the commissioner is a sign that this whole fiasco is far from over. There is no trust or respect for Manfred from the players. Especially when he calls the world series trophy a "piece of metal."

"I don't know if the commissioner has won anything in his life."

"At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says 'commissioner' on it."

Justin Turner hit the nail on the head!!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

"At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says 'commissioner' on it."

Justin Turner hit the nail on the head!!

He didn't hold anything back there. The Commish needs to go.

#168 4 years ago

Yep, I have a feeling baseball will be looking for a new commissioner soon.

Mike Trout had a few words to say too.

#169 4 years ago

For the first time for as long as I can remember, I'm less than excited for the season to start. This is sports at its worst.

#170 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the first 2017 Astro player to give his world series ring back. I doubt it would be an existing player. Can't show up the rest of the team.

#171 4 years ago

The precedents have been set.

Cheat at baseball to lose the World Series and you are banned for life.

Cheat at baseball to win the World Series and you get to keep that piece of metal and all the extra money and endorsements that went with it.

#172 4 years ago

The over/under on Astro’s hitters HBP is 83.5, I think I like the over, I’m pretty sure Anthony Rizzo gets hit that many times every year

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The over/under on Astro’s hitters HBP is 83.5, I think I like the over, I’m pretty sure Anthony Rizzo gets hit that many times every year

That's because of his punchable face

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's because of his punchable face

Lol, Braun has the most punchable face in all of sports, may as well bring him up while on the topic of cheating

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just read where someone during Altuve's at bat in spring training, was banging on a trash can.
    Made me think, every team that plays Houston, needs to have a free mini trashcan give away at one of the games.

Yankees AAA team doing it.

https://twitter.com/SIYanks/status/1217180321973776385

#176 4 years ago

I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

#177 4 years ago

Manfred needs to shut his fucking yapper. How did he become the COMMISSIONER OF MLB? He makes Gary Bettman look competent.

#178 4 years ago

He said he was sorry.

#179 4 years ago
    Resized_Screenshot_20200218-155023_Facebook (resized).jpegResized_Screenshot_20200218-155023_Facebook (resized).jpeg
    #180 4 years ago

I'd love to buy that guy a beer.

#181 4 years ago

And now it comes out that Manfred gave the Astro's players immunity in return for their testimony.

I wondered why no players were punished. I'd say it was a chicken shit way out for Manfred.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And now it comes out that Manfred gave the Astro's players immunity in return for their testimony.
    I wondered why no players were punished. I'd say it was a chicken shit way out for Manfred.

I’d say Manfred is on his way out, all sides are pissed at him

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Nothing like opening day.
    [quoted image]

Let's go chisox

20190704_115805 (resized).jpg20190704_115805 (resized).jpg
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from kingpin24:

Let's go chisox[quoted image]

My man!! I knew there was another one of us on Pinside. So stoked for this season. 5 weeks until Opening Day, I’ll be there with my snowsuit.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

My man!! I knew there was another one of us on Pinside. So stoked for this season. 5 weeks until Opening Day, I’ll be there with my snowsuit.

Make that three of us! Sox are stacked. Can't wait for this season!

#186 4 years ago

I think I’m gonna puke

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think I’m gonna puke

FaintScornfulAfghanhound-size_restricted.gifFaintScornfulAfghanhound-size_restricted.gif
    #188 4 years ago

May finally have a team that can compete this year. Looking forward to baseball.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

May finally have a team that can compete this year. Looking forward to baseball.
    [quoted image]

They’re looking good, it’s a winnable division, except maybe for the pirates, I go down every year for a Cubs/Reds series, I love that area

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think I’m gonna puke

Beat it nerd!

#191 4 years ago

Can't believe the Cubs only got one title with that lineup. What a waste. Almost as bad as the '85 Bears only getting one SB.

#192 4 years ago

I've had season tickets since the Twins moved to Target Field. Even when they sucked, I loved going there and this year is looking to be better than last year!

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've had season tickets since the Twins moved to Target Field. Even when they sucked, I loved going there and this year is looking to be better than last year!

I’m a huge Twins fan now!

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from phlip_phanatic:

Can't believe the Cubs only got one title with that lineup. What a waste. Almost as bad as the '85 Bears only getting one SB.

You guys do have a pretty good chance of getting over .500 for the first time in a decade, I’ll give ya that

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m a huge Twins fan now!

I’m giving a 90 minute power point presentation on the 2020 White Sox Saturday night, I know you’ll be front and center.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’m giving a 90 minute power point presentation on the 2020 White Sox Saturday night, I know you’ll be front and center.

Front in center of JP, but I’m a multitasker

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Front in center of JP, but I’m a multitasker

Yeah just make that a two player. I’ll be too buzzed for public speaking.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If the Sox get eliminated from post season play, and the Twins are still alive, I will cheer for them to make it to the World Series. Not because I want them to win, but because I want to see late October/early November baseball, in Minnesota, in an open air stadium.

Oof.

#199 4 years ago

If the Sox get eliminated from post season play, and the Twins are still alive, I will cheer for them to make it to the World Series. Not because I want them to win, but because I want to see late October/early November baseball, in Minnesota, in an open air stadium.
    Oof.

They seriously need to truncate the season to 120 games to be played between May and August and start the Playoffs in September (will never happen). Baseball is not a cold weather sport. Period.

#200 4 years ago

Oof.

If?

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/4?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.