Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.
    #1851 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

I love hearing these kinds of stories.

My buddy's at our golf club told me about our Dodger executive friends' world series ring. Came with a rotating pedestal for the ball with a video being played on the screen behind. It's insane. I showed him my brothers 1966 Rose Bowl ring and asked him if he would show me a picture of the Dodgers ring.

He then asked me, "Do you want to see the others"? Holy shit. 1997 Marlins. He was one of 5 employees that John Henry was allowed to take to the Boston Red Sox. 2004, 2007, 2014. Red Sox. 5 rings. He's a really cool guy to play golf with so I told him on hole no.5 when he showed me the rings that I was seriously in awe. And wouldn't insult him again about his golf game until the back 9.
    20220704_123621 (resized).jpg20220704_123621 (resized).jpg

#1852 1 year ago

Braves are pulling Spencer Strider.

Go Phillies!

#1853 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Braves are pulling Spencer Strider.
    Go Phillies!

Some crazy stuff going on in Philadelphia.

#1854 1 year ago

Winning on the road in the playoffs is tough. I know the Braves thought long and hard and felt it was the best option to take a chance and start Strider…didn’t work so well but it’s early…Braves are good enough a come back is possible.

#1855 1 year ago

I think Cleveland has Yankees fans squirming in their seats a bit. I saw a lot of them (too much) in September and knew they were gonna make some noise in October and beyond as they’re the youngest team in MLB. Plus Tito and his staff are gonna pretty much out-coach anyone.

#1856 1 year ago

Cleveland is a fun team to watch…it’s small ball but effective if they get consistent hits.

Phillies played strong today!

Would love to see the Padres upset the Dodgers.

#1857 1 year ago
    Quoted from jchristian11:

Looked it up on mlb.com, says the Astros are the 2017 World Series Champions. It must suck to be you.

All of you asstros fans (and god damn there are way too many on this site) need to stop trying all the personal attacks on me for pointing out the cheaters. It will not work. I could give two shits about your silly shallow attacks. But hey, you’re mostly Texans, and apparently love liars and cheaters and attacking anyone who speaks truth. Good luck with that in life. So much hatred toward people who correctly point out that your team has not won one single legitimate championship.

#1858 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:All of you asstros fans (and god damn there are way too many on this site) need to stop trying all the personal attacks on me for pointing out the cheaters. It will not work. I could give two shits about your silly shallow attacks. But hey, you’re mostly Texans, and apparently love liars and cheaters and attacking anyone who speaks truth. Good luck with that in life. So much hatred toward people who correctly point out that your team has not won one single legitimate championship.

Please stop. Enjoy some baseball. No one is attacking you.

#1859 1 year ago

I can’t believe the Padres held on to win….the Dodgers had chances but just couldn’t get the runs in.

#1860 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

I can’t believe the Padres held on to win….the Dodgers had chances but just couldn’t get the runs in.

Dodgers are running into problems they have had for 10+ years. I call it Bravesitus. Great regular season pitching and hitting, but they tense up in the postseason. To win a World Series, you’ve got to be clutch with RISP and deliver the pitch on a 3-2 count. Mookie Betts got us over the hump in 2020 with his clutch hitting. Unfortunately, he hasn’t delivered so far this year. Kershaw is Kershaw. He isn’t gonna give a Koufax game.

#1861 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Please stop. Enjoy some baseball. No one is attacking you.

Pathetic attempt at deflecting. By this condescending post and all your others, you have personally attacked me. If I respected you at all, I might take offense. @yourteamcheats

#1862 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Pathetic attempt at deflecting. By this condescending post and all your others, you have personally attacked me. If I respected you at all, I might take offense. @yourteamcheats

The hate is coming from you, just read your posts. You keep lying that the Astros aren’t the 2017 World Series Champions, they are, it’s a fact. You seem to have issues with the truth.

#1863 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

All of you asstros fans (and god damn there are way too many on this site) need to stop trying all the personal attacks on me for pointing out the cheaters. It will not work. I could give two shits about your silly shallow attacks. But hey, you’re mostly Texans, and apparently love liars and cheaters and attacking anyone who speaks truth. Good luck with that in life. So much hatred toward people who correctly point out that your team has not won one single legitimate championship.

The lack of self-awareness in this post is incredible.

#1864 1 year ago

Question for the Houston fans. Do you think Houston cheated in 2017? If yes, do you care? If no, why not?

#1865 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

No one is “attacking” you. You’re the one that won’t stop talking about cheating. I’m allowed to respond to your all caps rants about the Astros. It’s a public forum.

Deflecting, projecting, attacking, condescending… You literally called all Texans liars and cheaters. Good luck to whatever team you’re going for. Enjoy baseball.

#1866 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Aren't you banned from the NFL thread for similar rants?

#1867 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Question for the Houston fans. Do you think Houston cheated in 2017? If yes, do you care? If no, why not?

Not sure what your point here is. The Astros, Red Sox and Yankees were all found to have cheated in certain cases, I also suspect other teams cheated but MLB didn’t want to do that investigation. At the end of the day, MLB took what they felt was appropriate action, do you agree?

#1868 1 year ago

Not sure what your point here is. The Astros, Red Sox and Yankees were all found to have cheated in certain cases, I also suspect other teams cheated but MLB didn’t want to do that investigation. At the end of the day, MLB took what they felt was appropriate action, do you agree?

I don’t care what the MLB did. But they felt that was enough. So be it. But you didn’t answer my question. Haha.

My point was to find out if Houston fans believed the astros cheated or not, and if so, do you care, if not (as in you believe they didn’t cheat) why?

#1869 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t care what the MLB did. But they felt that was enough. So be it. But you didn’t answer my question. Haha.
    My point was to find out if Houston fans believed the astros cheated or not, and if so, do you care, if not (as in you believe they didn’t cheat) why?

Huh? Who’s claiming they didn’t cheat? Do you think the Astros are cheating now?

#1870 1 year ago

Huh? Who’s claiming they didn’t cheat? Do you think the Astros are cheating now?

I don’t think they are cheating now. So your answer is yes then to them cheating in 2017? That’s all I was asking.

I’m a huge UK basketball fan. All I’ve been hearing in my adult life is all their final fours and championship with calipari is going bye bye because he cheats. Hasn’t happened, but I always wondered how I would feel if it did.

Thanks.

#1871 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Aren't you banned from the NFL thread for similar rants?

You should check out the double jinx he created in the NHL thread during last year's playoffs. Pretty funny.

I think he views Albertans and Texans in a similar light.

#1872 1 year ago

Probably as much as All teams. Stealing signs is part of baseball. The teams that used electronic means to further these efforts were wrong. Period.

But it's 2022 and I'm way more concerned about tonight's game, than something that transpired 5 years ago. I'm also thankful that Fernando Tatis isn't in their lineup tonight. I'm heading down to San Diego County where my golf club is located. Pretty sure I'm gonna hear about 0 for 19 or whatever with runners in scoring position.

I'm more upset about the USA 1972 basketball team getting screwed than the 2017 Dodgers.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m a huge UK basketball fan. All I’ve been hearing in my adult life is all their final fours and championship with calipari is going bye bye because he cheats.

I'm a huge UCLA fan as brother played football there. Most people know Sam Gilbert was the godfather who took care of players on Wooden's teams. Pretty sure most people except Bobby Knight accepts UCLA's wins.

#1873 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Dodgers are running into problems they have had for 10+ years. I call it Bravesitus. Great regular season pitching and hitting, but they tense up in the postseason. To win a World Series, you’ve got to be clutch with RISP and deliver the pitch on a 3-2 count. Mookie Betts got us over the hump in 2020 with his clutch hitting. Unfortunately, he hasn’t delivered so far this year. Kershaw is Kershaw. He isn’t gonna give a Koufax game.

I call it "choking"

#1874 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

I call it "choking"

Yep. Of course it’s easier not to choke if you cheat.

Quoted from pch3727:

No one is “attacking” you. You’re the one that won’t stop talking about cheating. I’m allowed to respond to your all caps rants about the Astros. It’s a public forum.
    Deflecting, projecting, attacking, condescending… You literally called all Texans liars and cheaters. Good luck to whatever team you’re going for. Enjoy baseball.

First of all, all you asstros fans are the ones who won’t stop posting. I am just responding to the attacks against me. Secondly, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I never attacked any of you, I attacked the astros players who are still on the team who were involved in the cheating. Saying I literally called all Texans liars and cheaters is trying to create a straw man. So I guess I’m calling you a liar at this point. So yes, call this my first personal attack. Astros fans here are so similar to the Patriots fans in the NFL thread, it’s scary. When the Astro’s suck will you all leave this thread like rats on a sinking ship as well? Time will tell.

#1875 1 year ago

Ready for another day of playoff baseball. All the series have been fantastic so far. I really feel like all of the teams remaining are dangerous. There are no easy matchups left. Good luck to everyone today.

#1876 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. Of course it’s easier not to choke if you cheat.

First of all, all you asstros fans are the ones who won’t stop posting. I am just responding to the attacks against me. Secondly, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I never attacked any of you, I attacked the astros players who are still on the team who were involved in the cheating. Saying I literally called all Texans liars and cheaters is trying to create a straw man. So I guess I’m calling you a liar at this point. So yes, call this my first personal attack. Astros fans here are so similar to the Patriots fans in the NFL thread, it’s scary. When the Astro’s suck will you all leave this thread like rats on a sinking ship as well? Time will tell.

We get your comments are at the players…. but 2017 is over and done with but YOU keep bringing it up. this is 2022 and time to move on and talk about the merits of this season…not just the Astros but all team/players. Of course I am an Astros fan so am I excited it’s been a good season…HELL YEAH!!!

#1877 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is no thinking “if” they did it….it’s clear they did. Now it will always be debatable if it really gave them an edge. My only issue with it is they didn’t need to do it. They were more than capable of winning without doing it….you can’t argue the talent that 2017 team was loaded with.

But being a Houston fan and just to finally win a WS was still good and I will take it…it’s something I thought I would never see in my lifetime. I also know other teams/players stole signs as well so why should we feel bad about it…..we shouldn’t.

Enough discussion on 2017….

#1878 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Ready for another day of playoff baseball. All the series have been fantastic so far. I really feel like all of the teams remaining are dangerous. There are no easy matchups left. Good luck to everyone today.

You said it..no easy games today. Phillies and Padres have an advantage but the Braves and Dodgers have recent playoff experience and know how to come back.

While I would like to see Cleveland win I think the Yankees come alive and take that series.

While the Mariners are very good the Astros are just better…it is very doubtful they can come back and beat the Stro’s 3 straight games.

#1879 1 year ago

Phillies strike first! They had a chance to score in the first so Braves are lucky to only be down by 3.

#1880 1 year ago

Wow…hope Charlie Morton is OK…they just pulled him. Colin McHugh coming in.

Braves are on the ropes…..they need big bats today.

#1881 1 year ago

An inside the park HR!!!! Wow…..you don’t see those everyday.

#1882 1 year ago

Man the Braves are wilting! Philly just keeps the pressure on non stop.

#1883 1 year ago

Cool to see Philly getting hot. Castellanos is one of my favs.

#1885 1 year ago

Well at least the thread will be salt free for 7 days, at least until one of the Whitesox guys decide to check the thread.

McCullers throwing a gem so far, Stros staff is freaking stacked.

#1886 1 year ago

A true pitching duel in Seattle for sure….Astros have had chances but didn’t capitalize…..which bullpen is gonna give it up cause these ace pitchers are on point today.

#1887 1 year ago

Scoreless in Seattle….this is crazy!

Middle of the 14th inning.

#1888 1 year ago

Think we should have left Brown in he was fine.

#1889 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Think we should have left Brown in he was fine.

Maybe so…especially if his role was coming out of the pen….no better place to let him eat up innings….push hard for the win and every one gets a little rest.

#1890 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Maybe so…especially if his role was coming out of the pen….no better place to let him eat up innings….push hard for the win and every one gets a little rest.

Only one arm left in the arm barn, gotta ride Garcia until the wheels fall off essentially.

#1891 1 year ago

And to the 17th inning we go.

#1892 1 year ago

So we get 5 playoff games in one day LOL!

Stro’s need to quit swinging for the fence and work the counts…draw some walks and just make solid contact for base hits. They have stranded too many runners.

#1893 1 year ago

Houston….we have a run.

#1896 1 year ago

Finally….they are “Silent in Seattle”. Fans and the bats LOL!

Stro’s heading to the ALCS….

#1897 1 year ago
    6F37261C-0A81-49FC-8709-62359BB25441 (resized).jpeg6F37261C-0A81-49FC-8709-62359BB25441 (resized).jpeg
    #1898 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Well at least the thread will be salt free for 7 days, at least until one of the Whitesox guys decide to check the thread.
    McCullers throwing a gem so far, Stros staff is freaking stacked.

-White Sox guy has entered the chat-

Congrats to the 2022 Astros on returning to the ALCS. Fantastic team that looks to be the favorite to win it all. Huge eye roll to whomever got the salty Dodgers fan muted. It’s a baseball thread within a pinball forum ffs, scroll on or put the dude on ignore.

#1899 1 year ago

Dodgers/Padres game is getting exciting!

#1900 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Dodgers/Padres game is getting exciting!

What a 7th inning!!!

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.