Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 47.
    #1651 1 year ago

What a rough year for Ozzie Albies, breaks his finger one day after missing three months with a broken foot. Hope he makes it back for the post.

#1652 1 year ago

Thats some bad luck for Ozzie. Hope he stays with the club in the dugout because as soon as he came back it seemed to wake up Acuna.

#1653 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

What a rough year for Ozzie Albies, breaks his finger one day after missing three months with a broken foot. Hope he makes it back for the post.

Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Thats some bad luck for Ozzie. Hope he stays with the club in the dugout because as soon as he came back it seemed to wake up Acuna.

Yep on both comments!

#1654 1 year ago

No chance for Albies on the field again in 2022 though....

#1655 1 year ago

Somebody who needs to wake up is Matt Olson, he has been stinking it up at the plate for weeks. 4 for his last 65 i believe. Frigging .235 average for the year. Just struck out again. Makes me wonder where the Braves would be if theyd just resigned Freeman, who’s leading the league in batting average and top ten in RBIs and OPS.

#1656 1 year ago

I have to give Olson the benefit, that his slump will break, before the post season. Certainly a valid point on the resign Freddy
    question!

#1657 1 year ago

The dude that performs "God Bless America" is supremely gifted!

#1658 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

My issue is they’re playing a lot of those late round playoff games in cold weather in a lot of cities and if you’ve ever played baseball when it’s in the 40s you know how bad it sucks. Shorten the regular season.

Yeah right. That's your "issue" huh? lol

"Oh they have to shorten the baseball season because it gets cold in October."

God forbid they have to "suffer" through the same fall weather they've played the "Fall Classic" in for the past 100 years. And that's only the teams without domes.

How 'bout football. I bet the weather up there in Lambeau is an even bigger "issue" with you?

#1659 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Yeah right. That's your "issue" huh? lol
    "Oh they have to shorten the baseball season because it gets cold in October."
    God forbid they have to "suffer" through the same fall weather they've played the "Fall Classic" in for the past 100 years. And that's only the teams without domes.
    How 'bout football. I bet the weather up there in Lambeau is an even bigger "issue" with you?

Uhh yeah, it is my issue. It’s a game meant to be played in warm weather. Cold weather impacts baseball significantly. Football is fucking football. “Not” “sure” “what’s” “up” “with” “all” “these”.

#1660 1 year ago

Cold weather definitely impacts baseball….action is start and stop….and many times the action is minimal and for very short bursts…players get cold..pitchers struggle sometimes. Not so much a factor in roofed ball parks but there are still open parks. It really depends on where the games are played and just how cold it is.

#1661 1 year ago

Congrats to Spencer Strider who became the fastest pitcher ever in MLB history to reach 200 strikeouts in a season, beating Randy Johnson.

Elite!

#1662 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Uhh yeah, it is my issue. It’s a game meant to be played in warm weather. Cold weather impacts baseball significantly. Football is fucking football. “Not” “sure” “what’s” “up” “with” “all” “these”.

He's a baseball "purist", just ignore him.

#1663 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Congrats to Spencer Strider who became the fastest pitcher ever in MLB history to reach 200 strikeouts in a season, beating Randy Johnson.
    Elite!

As you previously pointed out, he is currently elite, and I am thrilled we have him!

#1664 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

As you previously pointed out, he is currently elite, and I am thrilled we have him!

Strong chance, regardless of what the Braves do this postseason, Strider will have one or multiple of those oh he's really for real moments. The guy just has IT.

#1665 1 year ago

Good chance for Bravos to jump the Mets! If we handle the Nationals like we have been, and the Brewers, play strong!

#1666 1 year ago

Yep Braves should have the advantage in these two matchups. I didnt expect the Pirates to be much of a challenge for the Mets but maybe the Brew Crew can put up a better fight.

#1667 1 year ago

Not going according to plan so far Brewers having a perfect game thrown against them through 7…..

#1668 1 year ago

Astros clinch! Bring on October!

#1669 1 year ago

Yeah it's hard to beat the Mets when Max is perfect for 6 innings. He's expensive but he delivers. As soon as they pulled him the Brewers got their 1st hit.

#1670 1 year ago

Cards go on their big 8 game road trip starting tomorrow 3 games with Padres followed by 3 games with Dodgers and then wrap it up with 2 games in Milwaukee.

All are pretty-much meaningless to the Cards and Dodgers as far as the post-season goes.

The Padres and Brewers on the other hand should be playing every game from here on like it's Game 7 of the World Series.

#1671 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Brewers on the other hand should be playing every game from here on like it's Game 7 of the World Series.

That's what I'm afraid of

#1672 1 year ago

Quite the 9th inning in The Bronx tonight. People will be kicking themselves for heading out early.

#1673 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Quite the 9th inning in The Bronx tonight. People will be kicking themselves for heading out early.

Yanks stole that game back from the Pirates but that’s what good teams do…they beat the bad teams. Yanks want every win they can get to clinch the division…they are in cruise control right now. Astros have a 9 game lead for the best record so doubt they are trying to catch them….Stro’s only need 5 wins so unless the Astros lay down the rest of the season they have very little chance. Yanks just want to win the division and get as healthy as possible going into the playoffs.

#1674 1 year ago

Going to watch LMJ push tonight at the trop!

#1675 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Going to watch LMJ push tonight at the trop!

Hopefully he gets another quality start under his belt and can keep building confidence going into October. Astros also have the rare chance of a sweep and a complete series shutout tonight. Go Stros!

#1676 1 year ago

The Braves and Mets only lose when the Mets and Braves lose. If you know what I mean.

#1677 1 year ago

Just pulled up to the house, after the game, and 2 hour traffic ride home... Quirky game with the Braves on the bad end of 2 double plays that killed momentum. Chavez putting an 82 mph fastball right down the middle didn't help either...

#1678 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Just pulled up to the house, after the game, and 2 hour traffic ride home... Quirky game with the Braves on the bad end of 2 double plays that killed momentum. Chavez putting an 82 mph fastball right down the middle didn't help either...

At least the Brew Crew were stellar..

#1679 1 year ago

Astros finally get a sweep at Tropicana Field.

#1680 1 year ago

So the record for most teams to win 100 games in one season is 4. The record for most teams to lose 100 games in one season is also 4. Both are on pace to be broken this year. I have no answers on how to fix this but I’m inclined to say it’s not good for baseball, just noticed it while checking out the standings. That being said, I can’t wait to see so many 90+ win teams beat the shit out of each other in the playoffs.

#1681 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So the record for most teams to win 100 games in one season is 4. The record for most teams to lose 100 games in one season is also 4. Both are on pace to be broken this year. I have no answers on how to fix this but I’m inclined to say it’s not good for baseball, just noticed it while checking out the standings. That being said, I can’t wait to see so many 90+ win teams beat the shit out of each other in the playoffs.

Interesting point…I don’t think it’s a huge issue in MLB. Injuries, poor management, bad beats, etc add up and can happen to any team. Quality players usually cost money and we have seen teams spend huge money and still not win the WS…some players just don’t come together as a team.

The NBA is probably a easy comparison to see an issue….players have gotten together and formed “super teams”….there is something not quite fair/right about that. It’s sad when there are basically 3-4 good/excellent teams and then the rest of the league…kind of a joke and they have created destination cities….if your team is not one of those places it’s VERY hard to sign a star player.

Set hard salary caps…no luxury tax option if you go over the cap. Force teams to spend 85% or more of their available salary cap. Spread the talent across the league to keep all teams as competitive as possible. I am sure there are other ways to do this.

I don’t know if there is an easy way to keep the talent more even across the league but that balance is key to avoid the same teams getting all the star players year after year.

#1682 1 year ago

So my wife is pretty sneaky….she silently listens to things i mention….and then she surprises me. I have casually mentioned to her we need to pick up something with the “old” Cleveland Indians logo…so last night I am packing for our trip and in my closet I find a Kenny Lofton jersey (Indians) LOL!

I probably need to own a copy of Major League before it’s banned as well LOL!

#1683 1 year ago

Nice to see an Astros dub last night. LMJ looked good but Dusty left him in one inning too long. Stros gotta lock up Kyle Tucker.

IMG_20220921_201117_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20220921_201117_01 (resized).jpg
    #1684 1 year ago

699 for Albert Pujols. MLB channel showing one of their analysts calling Albert to hit no. 700 off Clayton Kershaw on this Friday night on April 13. Kershaw is pitching tomorrow so if he hits it tonight or tomorrow it's one of the greatest predictions I've ever heard of.

And Shohei is having a better season than last year. He has 34 hrs, and has struck out over 200 batters. Has the highest OPS batting with runners in scoring position. ERA of 2.47 after tonight. He's 14 - 8 on a shitty team after tonight. He's an all star pitcher. And one of the best hitters in baseball. It's hard to quantify Shohei's talent because we've never seen anything like him.

And then Albert hits another. 700. WOW. If you watch the play he runs to Adrian Beltre in the stands behind home plate for a high 5 before he runs to his teammates to celebrate.

What a fukn prediction by that guy to call the exact day on April 13.

#1686 1 year ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

699 for Albert Pujols. MLB channel showing one of their analysts calling Albert to hit no. 700 off Clayton Kershaw on this Friday night on April 13. Kershaw is pitching tomorrow so if he hits it tonight or tomorrow it's one of the greatest predictions I've ever heard of.
    And Shohei is having a better season than last year. He has 34 hrs, and has struck out over 200 batters. Has the highest OPS batting with runners in scoring position. ERA of 2.47 after tonight. He's 14 - 8 on a shitty team after tonight. He's an all star pitcher. And one of the best hitters in baseball. It's hard to quantify Shohei's talent because we've never seen anything like him.
    And then Albert hits another. 700. WOW. If you watch the play he runs to Adrian Beltre in the stands behind home plate for a high 5 before he runs to his teammates to celebrate.
    What a fukn prediction by that guy to call the exact day on April 13.

Incredible, I was watching MLBN back on April 13 when Greg Amsinger said that, and wow, he almost nailed it. He got everything right except for the Kershaw bit.

Greg is a huge Cardinals fan, and it seemed like he was the only analyst who believed that Pujols would make it to 700 this year.

Personally, I got this very wrong. Thought Pujols had no chance to hit 21 bombs this season. My bad Albert, that's why you're a legend and I'm watching on TV lol.

#1687 1 year ago

Fuckin' Tampa...

#1688 1 year ago

It pissed about a million Cardinals fans off that we didn't get to see Albert hit #'s 699 & 700 live. Even guys like me who have it on local cable plus the MLB package.

Why? Because MLB decided this year that they were going to show a few games exclusively on other platforms not included in the MLB package. A few games for YouTube and a few more for Peacock. Unless you give them your credit card info and sign up you don't get to see the games.

So after spending hundreds of dollars on cable TV plus another $129 for the MLB season ticket, St. Louis Cardinals fans got screwed - big time. The game was only shown on freakin' YouTube!

I know a lot of people who signed up for the MLB package just so they could see Albert hit #700. They got shafted by the greedy bastards running MLB and subsequently are canceling their MLB subscriptions for next year. After all, who the hell wants to join 4 different pay per view media outlets just to watch your team play baseball?

This coupled with all the retarded rule changes that are supposed to draw more fans in are only driving the real fans away from the game. I for one had zero problems with the rules the way they have been for the past 100 years. The only so called "fans" who supposedly advocated for rule changes aren't really fans at all but rather "casual" viewers who won't be watching every game like the loyal viewers who liked the game just the way it was.

#1690 1 year ago

The Brewers are 1.5 gb with 8 to go, which means they're actually 2gb since they don't hold any tiebreakers. Quite the long shot, but it will make the final stretch fun to watch!

#1691 1 year ago

Agree how frustrating it is in this day and age with all the tech we should be able to watch EVERY game without having to jump through hoops….at a minimum MLB network should show every game for those that have the package…then they can offer exclusive rights to in addition to another platform that wants to broadcast/stream it. It’s a bunch of crap is what it is.

#1692 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It pissed about a million Cardinals fans off that we didn't get to see Albert hit #'s 699 & 700 live. Even guys like me who have it on local cable plus the MLB package.
    Why? Because MLB decided this year that they were going to show a few games exclusively on other platforms not included in the MLB package. A few games for YouTube and a few more for Peacock. Unless you give them your credit card info and sign up you don't get to see the games.
    So after spending hundreds of dollars on cable TV plus another $129 for the MLB season ticket, St. Louis Cardinals fans got screwed - big time. The game was only shown on freakin' YouTube!
    I know a lot of people who signed up for the MLB package just so they could see Albert hit #700. They got shafted by the greedy bastards running MLB and subsequently are canceling their MLB subscriptions for next year. After all, who the hell wants to join 4 different pay per view media outlets just to watch your team play baseball?
    This coupled with all the retarded rule changes that are supposed to draw more fans in are only driving the real fans away from the game. I for one had zero problems with the rules the way they have been for the past 100 years. The only so called "fans" who supposedly advocated for rule changes aren't really fans at all but rather "casual" viewers who won't be watching every game like the loyal viewers who liked the game just the way it was.

This didn’t just piss off Cardinals fans.

MLBAM is doing everything they can to discourage both long term and potential new fans alike as their fan base gets grayer.

The incredibly consumer unfriendly broadcast rights across baseball get worse and worse every year with obscene carve outs for (mostly) cable broadcasters. Unfortunately it’s not going to get any better and even if MLB execs are serious about solving it (they don’t seem to be - they thought the AppleTV thing was a good idea) it will take YEARS to fix.

#1693 1 year ago

Kimbrel sucks for my dodgers..another blown save last nite vs the Padres. If Roberts uses him in the playoffs as a reliever, I’m gonna fn lose it..

#1694 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Kimbrel sucks for my dodgers..another blown save last nite vs the Padres. If Roberts uses him in the playoffs as a reliever, I’m gonna fn lose it..

That's the way I am feeling about our closer here in Atlanta. Loved Kimbrel during his Braves tenure...

#1695 1 year ago

Yeah Jansen is as nerve wracking as Will Smith was.

#1696 1 year ago

Who is the best lights out closer going into the playoffs? Seems like most of the top teams are searching.

#1697 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Who is the best lights out closer going into the playoffs? Seems like most of the top teams are searching.

In general the Astros bullpen is the best in baseball this year I believe so the Astros really have to decide what starter is moving to the bullpen. Its amazing to have that good of pitching this late in the season. Some starters have a hard time transitioning to the bullpen…different mindset as a starter you are planning on multiple innings unless you have a bad day. Many starters need 1-2 innings to settle into the game and can’t just turn it on and bring it for 1-2 innings. Will be interesting to see what they do because someone in the bullpen is gonna get left off the roster that would probably be on a playoff roster for any other team.

#1698 1 year ago

Matzek really carried the Braves last year, not sure if they would have won without him. Seems the 7 & 8 inning guys can have as big an impact as the closer these days.

#1699 1 year ago

At least Soler won't be giving the Astro fans any nightmares this year!

#1700 1 year ago

And just like that, 1gb!

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.