Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.
    #1601 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

This was the game of the day. Cards down 5-1 in the bottom of the 9th........... think they are toast?

they are on fire right now.

#1602 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

they are on fire right now.

Yeah they are. The Cards are 8-2 in their last 10 games and 31-12 since the All-Star break.

At the All-Star break the Cards were 50-44 and were 1/2 game behind the Brewers in the NL Central.

Now the Cards are 81-56 and are 9 games up on the 2nd place Brewers.

Tommy Edman was the "hero" last night with his walk-off hit but Yadier Molina deserves a lot of the credit because before Edman came to the plate, Yadi was up with 2 outs and hit a clutch RBI double to set it all up for Tommy. I think they said Yadi has 7 hits in his last 14 at bats. Goldy got his 35th homer. The team is firing on all cylinders.

#1603 1 year ago

Orioles gave it a nice try this year. Needed to sweep Toronto in their 4 game series, but Toronto proved to be the better team. Not scoring enough runs. Not hitting well enough.

#1604 1 year ago

Superstar Yadier Molina just crushed a homer into Big Mac Land and is 8 for his last 15 at bats!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1605 1 year ago

Make that Back to back jacks for Yadi!

The dude is in flames!!

Hopefully the Cards win this freakin' game. Those Nats are pesky and playing good ball right now.

#1606 1 year ago

Lets go Marlins!
    Braves beat Seattle as the Fish beat the Mets , Atlanta takes over first in the East by a half game. Should be an exciting race to the finish from here on out.

#1607 1 year ago

As much as I’ve MF’ed this team, and it’s been an exhausting 5 months, I’m starting to believe again. I can’t ever remember the Sox close to running anyone down in mid September and having a 9th inning comeback like they did. Probably setting myself up for more baseball heartbreak, but the ups and downs of a playoff chase in late September are the best in sports. I know all the wild cards lessen it a bit, but the three teams in the AL central have one shot and they’re gonna beat the shit out of each other to the finish line.

#1608 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

As much as I’ve MF’ed this team, and it’s been an exhausting 5 months, I’m starting to believe again. I can’t ever remember the Sox close to running anyone down in mid September and having a 9th inning comeback like they did. Probably setting myself up for more baseball heartbreak, but the ups and downs of a playoff chase in late September are the best in sports. I know all the wild cards lessen it a bit, but the three teams in the AL central have one shot and they’re gonna beat the shit out of each other to the finish line.

Enjoy it, a legitimate chase from a hot team to make the playoffs is about as good as it gets. It's a little different now with the extra spots, but it's still good to be the team no one wants to play in a shortened series.

#1609 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Lets go Marlins!
    Braves beat Seattle as the Fish beat the Mets , Atlanta takes over first in the East by a half game. Should be an exciting race to the finish from here on out.

I'm loving it! Hoping my prediction that home series with Mets being meaningless comes to pass!

#1610 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Hoping my prediction that home series with Mets being meaningless comes to pass!

Hard to say but if it does come down to that series with both teams within a game or two of each other, it will be some pretty exciting baseball!

#1611 1 year ago

Hard to say but if it does come down to that series with both teams within a game or two of each other, it will be some pretty exciting baseball!

I will go down for game 2 of that series. I am gonna catch the Nationals on the 21st also.

#1612 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

We did what we were supposed to do, to Oakland, now to throw ice on the Mariners!

Mariners threw ice on our bats!

#1613 1 year ago

700 watch is officially on, Pujols tied A-Rod yesterday at 696. Redbirds have 22 games left.

#1614 1 year ago

697! LFG

#1616 1 year ago

I no longer trust Kenley Jansen to close out games. He does not seem to have it anymore.
    Hard loss to take today.

#1617 1 year ago

I no longer trust Kenley Jansen to close out games. He does not seem to have it anymore.
    Hard loss to take today.

Brother I never liked the funky mechanics, but now that he is faltering at crunch time, I agree with you 100%. I hope Snitker agrees also! Snicker is from the Bobby Cox school though and is of the"let him play through it" philosophy.

#1618 1 year ago

The freaking Falcons are in a class of buffoonery all to themselves!

#1619 1 year ago

Dodgers just finished off the Pads, 11-2 Justin Turner hit 2 bombs, including a Grand Slam.
    Embarrassing the Pads at home.
    Dodgers Rolling.

#1620 1 year ago

Anyone catch the 9th inning of the Mariners and Braves game? What a crazy finish.

#1621 1 year ago
    Quoted from jchristian11:

Anyone catch the 9th inning of the Mariners and Braves game? What a crazy finish.

I think it blew donkey balls!

#1622 1 year ago
    Quoted from jchristian11:

Sure did.

#1623 1 year ago

It was the worst. Snitker needs to use the new Iglesias dude to try closing, hes been reliable as hell so far. Jensen is turning into a worse version of Will Smith.

#1624 1 year ago

1 more week and we will have a better idea of who is in/out or has a chance for a WC spot.

In:
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL East: Braves or Mets win division or will be a WC…both are in.
    NL Central: Cardinals (likely)
    WC race: Phillies, Brewers, Padres..any one of them could take it.

In:
    AL West: Astros (9 wins to clench)
    AL East: Yankees (likely)
    AL Central: Guardians or White Sox. Twins are becoming a long shot.

WC race: Blue Jays, Rays, Mariners. One of these teams will earn a WC…second WC spot is too close to call….there are also a couple long shot teams that have not been mathematically eliminated but very unlikely they will catch the Rays, Jays, or Mariners. It will probably be these 3 teams fighting for both the WC spots in the AL.

#1625 1 year ago

Mariners lost yesterday so Stro’s only need 8 wins to clench.

#1626 1 year ago

Lol clinch. Clenching is what theyre doing up until they clinch.

#1627 1 year ago

Lol clinch. Clenching is what theyre doing up until they clinch.

LOL!!!

Number is 7 now…they just beat the Tigers.

#1628 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

1 more week and we will have a better idea of who is in/out or has a chance for a WC spot.
    In:
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL East: Braves or Mets win division or will be a WC…both are in.
    NL Central: Cardinals (likely)
    WC race: Phillies, Brewers, Padres..any one of them could take it.
    In:
    AL West: Astros (9 wins to clench)
    AL East: Yankees (likely)
    AL Central: Guardians or White Sox. Twins are becoming a long shot.
    WC race: Blue Jays, Rays, Mariners. One of these teams will earn a WC…second WC spot is too close to call….there are also a couple long shot teams that have not been mathematically eliminated but very unlikely they will catch the Rays, Jays, or Mariners. It will probably be these 3 teams fighting for both the WC spots in the AL.

Bro, do you even MLB? There are 3 wild cards spots, not 2 lol.

#1629 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

To be fair, this is the first season with that rule.

#1630 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Bro, do you even MLB?

What are we, 14?

#1631 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

What are we, 14?

It's a pinball forum. It is a play on Bro, do you even pinball? Whoosh.

#1633 1 year ago

ROFL. Have a good one BRO. Which series will Arenado be missing next? lmao

#1634 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Sorry, you are right, there is 12 now…just used to 10. Hard to get used to that.

#1635 1 year ago

And…I will add even Google is not up to date with the the current playoffs….I just used it as a quick reference and it showed 10 teams…I am not the biggest baseball nerd…just a casual fan….either way teams i mentioned are still the ones trying to earn their spot…a few long shots that have not been mathematically eliminated but it’s not likely they will matter. If they manage to that’s good and why we play the games and don’t automatically handout trophies.

#1636 1 year ago

Baseball has pretty rapidly altered their playoffs somewhat significantly. I think it was that rockies Padres(?) Single game tiebreaker 10-15 years ago that really made MLB realize how exciting that format could be. I'm not certain they haven't ruined it as a result.

#1637 1 year ago

Yeah Im afraid they will just keep adding teams so there are more games to televise. Eventually the regular season would be all but meaningless. Hopeful they will stop now but I doubt it, probably end up with at least sixteen teams at some point.

#1638 1 year ago

Yeah Im afraid they will just keep adding teams so there are more games to televise. Eventually the regular season would be all but meaningless. Hopeful they will stop now but I doubt it, probably end up with at least sixteen teams at some point.

I hope not….it would be too watered down. 12 is plenty of teams for the playoffs. Completely agree if you add any more teams the regular season is meaningless….

#1639 1 year ago

Braves and Mets both seem to be letting off the gas a bit...

#1640 1 year ago

Another big series for the Orioles against the Blue Jays coming up.

#1641 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Another big series for the Orioles against the Blue Jays coming up.

After 5 against Tampa... I welcome the change, should be fun.

#1642 1 year ago

What a win for the Stro’s!!!

Verlander: 5 innings, 79 pitches, 9 strike outs, and gave up no hits.

Yordan Alvarez went 4-4 with 3 homers!

#1643 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Baseball has pretty rapidly altered their playoffs somewhat significantly. I think it was that rockies Padres(?) Single game tiebreaker 10-15 years ago that really made MLB realize how exciting that format could be. I'm not certain they haven't ruined it as a result.

I’m old enough to remember when there were 2 divisions in each league with 7 teams in each and the east/west division winners played to go to the World Series. That was weak. MLB playoffs are awesome and the more the better IMO. My issue is they’re playing a lot of those late round playoff games in cold weather in a lot of cities and if you’ve ever played baseball when it’s in the 40s you know how bad it sucks. Shorten the regular season.

#1644 1 year ago

Pujols cannot be stopped, 698.

700 seemed impossible 6 weeks ago, now it seems inevitable.

#1645 1 year ago

Dupe.

#1646 1 year ago

Oh and the Sox just got outplayed and out hustled by a team 35 games under .500. Just one of the lowest baseball IQ teams I’ve ever seen. Elvis Andrus excluded, he’s been phenomenal. I knew he was good, but his baseball IQ and off the charts instincts have just made everyone else look even more clueless.

#1647 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Oh and the Sox just got outplayed and out hustled by a team 35 games under .500. Just one of the lowest baseball IQ teams I’ve ever seen. Elvis Andrus excluded, he’s been phenomenal. I knew he was good, but his baseball IQ and off the charts instincts have just made everyone else look even more clueless.

Was pumped for the 2022 white sox. Two of my favourite pitchers to watch in Lynn and Hendricks. Seemingly stacked lineup. One of the best broadcast booths in MLB. Even as a Jays fan, I wanted them to be good.

But honestly, probably the most disappointing team in the league this season. Big time injury issues in the first half, bad defense all year, seemingly out of touch manager. Hoping for much better luck on the Southside next year.

#1648 1 year ago

I think the AL east is the toughest division in all of North American sports.

Would be cool to see 4/5 teams in the AL east make the post season.

#1649 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think the AL east is the toughest division in all of North American sports.
    Would be cool to see 4/5 teams in the AL east make the post season.

I love that every year the Rays are somehow a thorn in everyones ass in that division especially the blue blood Yankees and Red Sox with their $200+ mil payrolls. It looks like some of their players should be working at Kinko’s but they’ll be in the playoffs and probably dump a team or two.

#1650 1 year ago

Looks like the NL East division crown just may come down to the series here in Atlanta.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.