Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 47.
    #1451 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No way HWY ...I have watched pretty much every game and attended many. Look what happened last night, Bichette gives the Jays the Lead late in the game..bullpen then loses game.

It happens. My dodgers signed Kimbrel, and he’s been shaky as a closer. Should of just resigned Kenley, but that’s baseball at times

#1452 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Would be a miracle for the Orioles pitching to hold up and they secure a wild card spot. I'm pulling for them, but this probably isn't the year. They hope they are building to compete for the next decade, but will need to acquire some free agent pitching to supplement whatever young arms come up. They are loaded with outfielders and short stops in the minors. I'm guessing some of those guys will get traded for pitching.
    Jorge Mateo is my guy. Love to watch him field. Adley Rutschman should win rookie of the year.

I think the problem moreso right now is the hitting. Too many runners still left on base, Mountcastle and Hays in an out of slumps an injury, and we are constantly batting two or three guys with sub 200 batting averages like Odor and Mateo. Also I am still baffled as to why we picked up Brett Phillips

#1453 1 year ago

Earlier in the year a misguided Jays fan in this thread was acting like the Orioles are a AAA squad lol, talk about aging like milk! Sports fans love to talk shit, even when they are clueless.

#1454 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

It happens. My dodgers signed Kimbrel, and he’s been shaky as a closer. Should of just resigned Kenley, but that’s baseball at times

They didn't sign Kimbrel. The Cubs did, then they traded him to CWS for Madrigal. Then CWS traded him to your Dodgers for Pollock.

#1455 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Earlier in the year a misguided Jays fan in this thread was acting like the Orioles are a AAA squad lol, talk about aging like milk! Sports fans love to talk shit, even when they are clueless.

Nice!

#1456 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

They didn't sign Kimbrel. The Cubs did, then they traded him to CWS for Madrigal. Then CWS traded him to your Dodgers for Pollock.

Don't worry HWY this guy is a rod.

#1457 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Thanks there sport..we have a Swami in the house?!

#1458 1 year ago

Jeff is an ex player with a baseball academy in Kitchener . Explain why I'm clueless Jeff?

#1459 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Justin Turner is Back !
    Dodgers beat Twins tonight 10-3
    Now it's a 9 game win streak.

They just need to go 24 - 29 the rest of the way for 100 wins and I’ll pocket 50 bucks. Should have bet the Vegas over 98 wins.

#1460 1 year ago

Tatis Jr suspended 80 games for PEDs, ouch!

#1461 1 year ago

Orioles in a wild card spot.

#1462 1 year ago

The Tatis story is pathetic, after the multiple offseason Motorcycle accidents resulting in the fracture, thus missing all of 2022.
    Now juicing to try and comeback strong, he acts like a spoiled child, that's what 300+ million contract givin to a 20 year old will do.

As a Dodger fan its a hilarious story, the Pads fans are about to hang themselves, the pads post game shows last night were a riot to listen to.

#1463 1 year ago

Dodgers are going for 12 wins in a row this afternoon, 4:10 Pacific at the Royals.
    Fingers crossed.

#1464 1 year ago

Dodgers score 5 runs in the top of the first....
    An encouraging start.
    Will smith 2 run home run top 2nd.
    7-0
    Top of 4th, Muncy 2 run shot.
    10-2 Dodgers.

#1465 1 year ago

I'd be "encouraged" too if my team spent the most money assembling a team in the history of MLB.

2022 LA Dodgers Payroll = $310,600,000 (#1)

#1466 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I'd be "encouraged" too if my team spent the most money assembling a team in the history of MLB.
    2022 LA Dodgers Payroll = $310,600,000 (#1)

Dodgers salary for 2022 is closer to 265,600,000. Your figure includes over 35 million that wasn't paid to a suspended pitcher. Their total team salary is about 4 million more than the Mets.

The Dodgers just posted the best 162 game stretch in modern baseball history.

The Mets are good again. The Orioles are playing great baseball and the damn Astros could possibly have the best post season team.
    I'm looking forward to the post season.

#1467 1 year ago

It’s gonna be a shoot out to see if the Astros or Yankees have the best record in the AL…it’s often noticed a team can “peak” too soon and be flat going into the playoffs and the Yankees may be just that. The Astros have just been consistent all season….they look strong and ready for the playoffs.

The Dodgers are suddenly on fire and the best record overall…Would love a rematch against them with both teams healthy in the WS.

#1468 1 year ago

Anyone know when the 2023 schedule will be released? It was August 4th last year so kind of expected it by now. Interested in seeing the new mix between divisions.

#1469 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Anyone know when the 2023 schedule will be released? It was August 4th last year so kind of expected it by now. Interested in seeing the new mix between divisions.

The difference in schedule next year is that each team will play 5 less divisional games and play every team in the opposing league.

#1470 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The difference in schedule next year is that each team will play 5 less divisional games and play every team in the opposing league.

Yup. I want to see how they are going to map out. And who the Rockies “natural rival” is. Lol.

56 Games in Division — 14 vs. each division rival

60 Games vs. Rest of League — 6 vs. each remaining team in league

46 Games of Interleague Play — 3 games apiece vs. 14 teams in other league; 4 games vs. “natural” rival

#1471 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Yup. I want to see how they are going to map out. And who the Rockies “natural rival” is. Lol.
    56 Games in Division — 14 vs. each division rival

60 Games vs. Rest of League — 6 vs. each remaining team in league

46 Games of Interleague Play — 3 games apiece vs. 14 teams in other league; 4 games vs. “natural” rival

Doubt the natural rivals will be changing. For the Rockies, I think it's been the Astros and Rangers.

Added 20 months ago:

Confirmed: Astros

#1472 1 year ago

Schneider’s already red faced, every game the jays drop makes him look more like a beet.

#1473 1 year ago

Astros just crushed the Whitesox….21-5.

#1474 1 year ago

Albert Puhols has turned out to be a whole lot more than the Cards expected from him this season.

He's batting .258 and just hit career homer 690 (a Grand Slam) as a pinch hitter. The Cards finally gave Waino some run support as they destroyed the Rockies 13-0.

#1475 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Albert Pujols has turned out to be a whole lot more than the Cards expected from him this season.
    He's batting .258 and just hit career homer 690 (a Grand Slam) as a pinch hitter. The Cards finally gave Waino some run support as they destroyed the Rockies 13-0.

#1477 1 year ago

Braves take 3 out of four versus the Mets to stay within 3.5 games! Actually scored 3 runs off De Grom.
    Will the Mets collapse as usual or hold the Braves off to win the East this season?

#1478 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:Braves take 3 out of four versus the Mets to stay within 3.5 games! Actually scored 3 runs off De Grom.
    Will the Mets collapse as usual or hold the Braves off to win the East this season?

Good question, but I’d do my best to beat the Mets now because Cohen is going to sign whomever he wants for the foreseeable future.
    He bought the team to win titles and he’s done a lot with the organization over a fairly short period of time.

#1479 1 year ago

Mets and Phighting Phils play two today, Braves and Astros tonight. Good day of baseball.

#1480 1 year ago

Happy that Dustin May had an impressive 1st outing yesterday. He hasn’t pitched a game since May of last year (Tommy John surgery) He went 5 innings, allowed just a hit w 9 k’s. With Bueler done for the season, this is huge for the dodgers going down the stretch..

#1481 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Happy that Dustin May had an impressive 1st outing yesterday. He hasn’t pitched a game since May of last year (Tommy John surgery) He went 5 innings, allowed just a hit w 9 k’s. With Bueler done for the season, this is huge for the dodgers going down the stretch..

Yep. They”re going to need him to step up for the playoffs where pitching is king.

#1482 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Released today!

#1483 1 year ago

NL East will probably come down to the last series here in Atlanta. Amazingly Liberty Media is spending some substantial $ of late.

#1484 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Released today!

Yup. Already planning my games. New format is going to surprise a lot of folks.

#1485 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Yup. Already planning my games. New format is going to surprise a lot of folks.

Gonna check it out…plan to get tix as early as I can.

#1486 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Albert Puhols has turned out to be a whole lot more than the Cards expected from him this season.

Hey, a change of scenery can do a lot for a player sometimes….Pujols was still crushing it with the Angels but a bad team is still a bad team. I have so much hate for Pujols as he was an Astros killer in his early days with the Cards but he doesn’t scare us now. Much respect to him as a player as he is a great slugger! A great example is Brad Lidge……his last season with the Stro’s was up and down but we all knew how good he was…he went to the Phillies and pitched his ASS off…I think he had a perfect season with 41 saves in 2008. Lights out Lidge was legit for sure that year.

#1487 1 year ago

Braves smashed up the pirates today. Only 1 1/2 games back!

#1488 1 year ago

And not that the Twins are a bad team but I am sure Correa is saying to himself “I should have taken the 5 years with the Stro’s”…..yeah he is looking for a 7 year deal but the 5 year deal with Stro’s was a very fair offer and he could have asked for incentives in the deal…so if he performed well he could have gotten way more on top of the deal. He fucked up…Astros would have gladly done that deal. Rumor is Correa is looking to opt out with the Twins. Astros have no real interest or incentive to go after him…we are doing fine without him.

#1489 1 year ago

Yup doing fine faking a hit by pitch, whatever those Asstros need to do to win.

#1490 1 year ago

My man Oneil Cruz with the hardest hit ball since at least 2015. 122.4 MPH. Beast.

#1491 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

He didn’t fake that HR he hit tonight. 80 wins LETS GO!!!

#1492 1 year ago

Well all I know is the hottest team in the NL right now is the St. Louis Cardinals. They've won 8 of their last 10 and have a 5.5 game lead in the Central over the Brew Crew. Goldschmidt and Arenado are on fire and the pitching staff is coming around just in time for a post-season run. The Cards appear to be peaking at just the right time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1493 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Well all I know is the hottest team in the NL right now is the St. Louis Cardinals. They've won 8 of their last 10 and have a 5.5 game lead in the Central over the Brew Crew. Goldschmidt and Arenado are on fire and the pitching staff is coming around just in time for a post-season run. The Cards appear to be peaking at just the right time.[quoted image]

Slow your roll….the Dodgers are 7-3 in their last 10 and have 15 more wins than the Cards…I think they have a bigger claim to being the hottest team in the NL and all of baseball at the moment with the BEST record.

#1494 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Haters gotta hate…I get that but you do realize plenty of players get “grazed” by pitches all the time. It’s the umpire’s that award the hit by pitch and not the players so why don’t you call out the umps.

#1495 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Well all I know is the hottest team in the NL right now is the St. Louis Cardinals. They've won 8 of their last 10 and have a 5.5 game lead in the Central over the Brew Crew. Goldschmidt and Arenado are on fire and the pitching staff is coming around just in time for a post-season run. The Cards appear to be peaking at just the right time.[quoted image]

Looking for the Braves to cool those birds...

#1496 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Slow your roll….the Dodgers are 7-3 in their last 10 and have 15 more wins than the Cards…I think they have a bigger claim to being the hottest team in the NL and all of baseball at the moment with the BEST record.

I hate the dodgers but you gotta respect the buzz saw they’ve been in the NL so far this year.

Playoffs are gonna be electric this year. So many stacked teams at the top.

#1497 1 year ago

The only issue I have with the Dodgers is that annoying noise that they play in the stadium when they score runs lol. Other than that, model org.

#1498 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

I hate the dodgers but you gotta respect the buzz saw they’ve been in the NL so far this year.
    Playoffs are gonna be electric this year. So many stacked teams at the top.

Definitely could be good…the Yankees are struggling but are in the mix. The Dodgers, Astros, Mets, and Braves are definitely the ones that have a good shot. A wild card team could get hot but not likely to beat out these better teams….they are just that much better than everyone else.

#1499 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Definitely could be good…the Yankees are struggling but are in the mix. The Dodgers, Astros, Mets, and Braves are definitely the ones that have a good shot. A wild card team could get hot but not likely to beat out these better teams….they are just that much better than everyone else.

That's what people always think, but teams surprise pretty often in MLB. Braves had 88 wins last year, won WS. Nationals were a wild card team in 2019, won WS. Giants did it too in 2014.

Signed, fan of wild card team

#1500 1 year ago

Braves also 8-2 in their last ten. Im expecting the annual Mets collapse to happen any day now, may have already started with that Yankees series.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.