Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 47.
    #101 4 years ago

And Cora’s canned, he’s looking at the lengthiest suspension of them all

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

And Cora’s canned, he’s looking at the lengthiest suspension of them all

They’re talking about a lifetime ban for him. Damn.

#103 4 years ago

Like the Twins don’t have enough power in their lineup, so they sign Josh Donaldson

#104 4 years ago

Getting caught is key. Everyone was doing it and MLB put everyone on notice to stop in 2017. Someone was butt hurt and blew the whistle on the Astros. It was pretty obvious. Many were doing/did it so get over it.

Sign stealing has been part of the game for a long time. And while it can give an advantage it’s not as big of an advantage as people think. Batters still have to hit the ball.

If you can steal signs by what you SEE ON THE FIELD then good on the teams that pick up on it. No electronic devices period. Why is there a replay room players have access to? That’s the question that should be asked. MLB only has themselves to blame for allowing that.....what did they think was going on.....MLB knew just like the roids. A replay room for umpires and maybe 1 official from each team that can view footage to advise if the coach should argue a call. That’s all MLB should have EVER allowed and this wouldn’t be an issue.

STEAL IT BACK 2020!!!
    GO ASTROS!!!

#105 4 years ago

Cora should get the lifetime Ban.

Astros and Red Sox respective Championships should be stripped.

Any Awards ; Batting Titles, MVPs, etc should also be yanked from players on those teams for the seasons implicated.

Kershaw will just have to live with being known as a Regular Season guy...but, man was he jobbed. Jansen, too I guess.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Cora should get the lifetime Ban.
    Astros and Red Sox respective Championships should be stripped.
    Any Awards ; Batting Titles, MVPs, etc should also be yanked from players on those teams for the seasons implicated.
    Kershaw will just have to live with being known as a Regular Season guy...but, man was he jobbed. Jansen, too I guess.

It cost Darvish some cash from getting rocked in in that WS before becoming a free agent, obviously he wasn’t “tipping” his pitches, and for people to say everyone was doing it is absurd, that’s what they all say once caught

#107 4 years ago

I wish the Orioles would start stealing signs. Looking at you Chris Davis.

#108 4 years ago

Going to be very interesting to see what happens to the Trashstros batting averages, strikeout rate and home wins/losses this year with no help from Oscar the grouch.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Getting caught is key. Everyone was doing it and MLB put everyone on notice to stop in 2017. Someone was butt hurt and blew the whistle on the Astros. It was pretty obvious. Many were doing/did it so get over it.
    Sign stealing has been part of the game for a long time. And while it can give an advantage it’s not as big of an advantage as people think. Batters still have to hit the ball.
    If you can steal signs by what you SEE ON THE FIELD then good on the teams that pick up on it. No electronic devices period. Why is there a replay room players have access to? That’s the question that should be asked. MLB only has themselves to blame for allowing that.....what did they think was going on.....MLB knew just like the roids. A replay room for umpires and maybe 1 official from each team that can view footage to advise if the coach should argue a call. That’s all MLB should have EVER allowed and this wouldn’t be an issue.
    STEAL IT BACK 2020!!!
    GO ASTROS!!!

Really? Way to justify cheating man.

#110 4 years ago

Sign stealing with a runner on 2nd has been a thing for a while, sign stealing from cameras placed in center field and sent to a home team staffer to relay to a batter? Nah, can’t excuse that one.

Come on Houston fans, you’re looking bad when you make excuses here.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I wish the Orioles would start stealing signs. Looking at you Chris Davis.

The possibilities are endless.... Who knows, he may be able to hit .200 if he really pays attention.... LOL

I almost feel bad for the guy, and then he gives me 161 million reasons to re-assure me that he will be okay.

#112 4 years ago

Watched Jomboy on Yes Network tonight, now there's rumblings of electronic buzzers being used?? Sure makes you wonder why Altuve was soooo adamant about not ripping his jersey off after the walk off.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Watched Jomboy on Yes Network tonight, now there's rumblings of electronic buzzers being used?? Sure makes you wonder why Altuve was soooo adamant about not ripping his jersey off after the walk off.

I want to see him stripped of the batting title. I watched dozens and dozens of games where he hit a #1 Pitchers best breaking ball, called in an odd count, like he knew it was coming. And it just killed me.
    How could someone hit more than three or four of those type of pitches, and really connect on them, in an entire season?

And yet not strike out, buffoonishly in 3x as many at bats?

...because, HE KNEW IT WAS COMING. That's how.

#114 4 years ago

Some internet sleuthing and analysis regarding this whole cheating debacle. Altuve's actions reek of shadyness.

Quoted from rwmech5:

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Really? Way to justify cheating man.

So you are justifying the teams that did but are not be investigated/punished? It’s not what they did but HOW they did it with use of electronic devices.

Any team is free to communicate what they see with their EYES.

MLB knew lots of teams were stealing signs and is why they sent a memo in 2017 asking all teams to stop.

People have no common sense on this. It’s bad yes but this goes so deep into lots of teams. MLB just wants it to stop and move forward.

#116 4 years ago

Common sense? The rule came down no electronics allowed. Black and white. Sad to say but if these guys were wearing wires of some kind it could come down to a lifetime ban for some of the best young players of this generation, potential hall of famers. If other teams were doing the same then they need to be outed as well. Rip the band aid off,clean up the mess and move on. I believe there's more to come and as the days progress we will see individual players being punished next, this story is not over.

#117 4 years ago

This whole deal fucks MLB for years and the integrity of the game has gone down the toilet because of it. There is no way to turn back the clock and undo it, no way to replay the games, no way to repair the individual player's statistics, and giving the Dodgers the trophies now would be an even bigger joke. Done deal.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

So you are justifying the teams that did but are not be investigated/punished? It’s not what they did but HOW they did it with use of electronic devices.
    Any team is free to communicate what they see with their EYES.
    MLB knew lots of teams were stealing signs and is why they sent a memo in 2017 asking all teams to stop.
    People have no common sense on this. It’s bad yes but this goes so deep into lots of teams. MLB just wants it to stop and move forward.

First of all, the two teams that are known to have cheated are being punished. For Astros fans to just say that all teams do it, there isn't any proof of that. There also likely won't ever be any proof of it either because any team that did have a system in place has long destroyed the evidence.

Yes, if a runner on 2nd can discern the sign and communicate it to the batter, while that is frowned upon, it has been allowed.

There's a big difference between a player being on 2nd base and trying to steal a sign and a team having a system in place and a center field camera zoomed in on the catcher to relay that information to their dugout.

I get it, your team got caught cheating and now the one World Series title the city has ever seen has a great big asterisk next to it. I understand your reaction but really, stop making excuses.

#119 4 years ago

So who’s going to bat cleanup for the Braves this year?

#120 4 years ago

It really isn't that big of an advantage. Lol

"Sign stealing has been part of the game for a long time. And while it can give an advantage it’s not as big of an advantage as people think. Batters still have to hit the ball."
    IMG_20200117_210506437 (resized).jpgIMG_20200117_210506437 (resized).jpg

#121 4 years ago

The game of baseball has had cheaters for a long time..from steroid/hgh use, to the ‘alledged’ electric device. It’s sad, really, as a fan to hear/see this. So many players will look at any means to be a better player..driven to get bigger contracts & ultimately a championship title/ring.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

It really isn't that big of an advantage. Lol
    "Sign stealing has been part of the game for a long time. And while it can give an advantage it’s not as big of an advantage as people think. Batters still have to hit the ball."
    [quoted image]

Nothing suspicious there at all...

#123 4 years ago

Oof, poor McCann. .37 wouldn't buy a stick of gum.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This whole deal fucks MLB for years and the integrity of the game has gone down the toilet because of it. There is no way to turn back the clock and undo it, no way to replay the games, no way to repair the individual player's statistics, and giving the Dodgers the trophies now would be an even bigger joke. Done deal.

Exactly, just like with the drugs scandal, can’t really go back and do anything, just have to have an asterisk in the record books

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Getting caught is key. Everyone was doing it

Astros fans are going to keep telling themselves that “everyone was doing it...”

Reality is: that 2017 WS Champ is completely meaningless. Bregman, Altuve, Corea... Frauds.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Astros fans are going to keep telling themselves that “everyone was doing it...”
    Reality is: that 2017 WS Champ is completely meaningless. Bregman, Altuve, Corea... Frauds.

Not all Astros fans. Many of us are disappointed and would rather go back to losing 100 games honestly than cheating to win 100 games.

Can’t wait to compare 2020’s batting stats to 2017.

#127 4 years ago

Think of all the pitchers (in their division and out) that got lit up by them in a contract year?

The impact they had on the game and the lives of countless other people is amazing, really. Guys like Darvish, Kershaw, Jansen(Sp?)...all of them and more had their careers changed forever.

Like I said, I think MLB should be stripping all individual Titles and Honors for these guys and anyone else they catch doing this.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Think of all the pitchers (in their division and out) that got lit up by them in a contract year?
    The impact they had on the game and the lives of countless other people is amazing, really. Guys like Darvish, Kershaw, Jansen(Sp?)...all of them and more had their careers changed forever.
    Like I said, I think MLB should be stripping all individual Titles and Honors for these guys and anyone else they catch doing this.

Well said. All of it

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Not all Astros fans. Many of us are disappointed and would rather go back to losing 100 games honestly than cheating to win 100 games.
    Can’t wait to compare 2020’s batting stats to 2017.

I get what you mean, but it doesn’t work that way.

#130 4 years ago

I agree with the pitcher contract statement, that world series probably cost Darvish 60-100 million. The news is that Manfred doesn't want to punish individual players because of backlash from the players union but what about the guys that got screwed by the Trashstros? Don't they have any recourse?

#131 4 years ago

Love it.

5B9AB8B9-DB20-4AD8-8D6B-864A7816C884 (resized).jpeg5B9AB8B9-DB20-4AD8-8D6B-864A7816C884 (resized).jpeg
    #132 4 years ago

The list of teams stealing signs is growing so everyone that wants to dog just the Astros can fuck off. Get the facts. LOTS of teams if not all of them were doing it. Not defending them either so don’t go there. There are stories going back decades starting to come out how teams did it years ago so this is nothing new. MLB should be blamed for only sending out a memo to the teams in 2017 telling them to stop. They knew it was going on with multiple teams and could have done more To end it but didn’t. The commissioner allowed this to escalate to this level.

And another point is if players suspected sign stealing was going on why not tell the umpire....isn’t that what players are supposed to do? You know why they didn’t is because they were stealing signs too most likely. This is a nightmare for MLB and they allowed it to happen.

Go Astros!!!
    STEAL IT BACK!!!

#133 4 years ago

Keep telling yourself that.

#134 4 years ago

The cheaters should be stripped of anything and all things they might of gained by it. And the non cheaters will be left a place in history. As the only team that showed up to play that year.

#135 4 years ago
    FB_IMG_1579386657292 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1579386657292 (resized).jpg
    #136 4 years ago
    32F062BD-1E8E-410F-9264-9D6DA5957EC3 (resized).jpeg32F062BD-1E8E-410F-9264-9D6DA5957EC3 (resized).jpeg
    #137 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

That is gold!! Lol

#138 4 years ago

Astros = Cheaters !

E5CB9A38-FAFF-4897-AEAB-BF32F2D0A265 (resized).jpegE5CB9A38-FAFF-4897-AEAB-BF32F2D0A265 (resized).jpeg
    #139 4 years ago

Even if all the other teams quit cheating, my Pirates are still going to suck this year. So there's that.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Even if all the other teams quit cheating, my Pirates are still going to suck this year. So there's that.

Same with my Tigers, hahaha.

#141 4 years ago

Congratulations to Larry Walker for going to Cooperstown! Only the 2nd Canadian to be there..Fergie Jenkins was the 1st..I remember when he played w the Expos, and then the Rockies. He’s always been very well spoken and appreciative..I kinda hope that his mug sports an expo hat: either way, I’m happy for a local kid that done good..

#142 4 years ago

Braves sign Ozuna on a 1-year deal - brilliant!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Braves sign Ozuna on a 1-year deal - brilliant!

I’m surprised that’s all he got. I know he’s so-so defensively but the dude can rake. Nice add for the Braves. I thought (and wished) he was White Sox bound a few months ago

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’m surprised that’s all he got. I know he’s so-so defensively but the dude can rake. Nice add for the Braves. I thought (and wished) he was White Sox bound a few months ago

He received just a shade over what his QO figure was set at. Sometimes I wonder with these decent players that seem to struggle to land a contract...are they a bad teammate? Is there an injury concern? Did his agent shoot for a 1-year contract to build value for the 2021 market? What is the deal here? I would think he could have landed a 2-3 year contract.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

He received just a shade over what his QO figure was set at. Sometimes I wonder with these decent players that seem to struggle to land a contract...are they a bad teammate? Is there an injury concern? Did his agent shoot for a 1-year contract to build value for the 2021 market? What is the deal here? I would think he could have landed a 2-3 year contract.

He’s building for a 2021 contract. I haven’t looked at the 2021 FA list, but he might be in greater demand next year year purely based on what else is available.

Also, this high-dollar one year fits the Braves perfectly, because they are loaded with young talent.

3 weeks later
    #146 4 years ago

Anyone see that Astros train-wreck of a press conference?

The owner, Jim Crane, basically said 'sorry, not sorry.'

I am looking forward to watching the Astros get beaned all year.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The owner, Jim Crane, basically said 'sorry, not sorry.'
    I am looking forward to watching the Astros get beaned all year.

Sadly, all the player's apologies sounded like something the team's PR rep wrote for them. Nothing genuine about them.

#148 4 years ago

Crane is a fine example of why having money doesn't necessarily mean you have class.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

MLB should strip the WS and ALL individual Awards from the 2017 - 2020 Astros.

MVPs, Batting Titles, ALL of them.

#150 4 years ago

If u ain’t cheating, u ain’t winning ~ B. Bonds, J. Johnson, B. Belichick...

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.