Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Last night's was an excellent game to watch.
    Nationals beating the best pitcher Houston has bodes well for their chances of winning it all.
    Looking forward to tonight's game as well.

Verlander gonzo. Nats up 8-2 in 7th. Still boding well for Washington.

#52 4 years ago

A total Astros self destruction following Verlander hitting the bench tonight. Go Expo-Nats!

#53 4 years ago

Not looking good for any team losing the first two games at home. Houston is certainly up against the ropes now. Hard road trip ahead.

Probably go 5 games at most.

#54 4 years ago

Feels like this will be over on Saturday.

#55 4 years ago

Yep, I'm feeling sweep now. But can't help but remembering how the Dodgers managed to squeak out one win last year.

#56 4 years ago

Home is not where the heart is in this World Series. Anything can happen now.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Home is not where the heart is in this World Series. Anything can happen now.

It really is wide open now. I would even say even though Nats are up 2-1 it feels like it’s tied because Houston is so stacked and they could win the next 3 games 8-1. I hope (and pray) this goes to 7 and I can see Scherzer/Cole or Strasburg/Verlander. I haven’t done the math to see if that’s possible, but as an ex-pitcher those matchups give me the chills when I watch them.

#58 4 years ago

The truth is the Astros let game 1 slip from them. They pulled it out last night. Today is a bull pen day so anything can happen. Astros need this to tie it up....but if you aren’t playing the best you can’t win and though the Astros are the better team they are not playing like it. The Nats are a very good team. Hope the Astros get on track and win it all!

#59 4 years ago

Wow. Nationals now on the ropes.

So much for home field advantage so far in this series.

#60 4 years ago

It's do or die for the Nat's, unbelievable they went from 2-0, to 2-3 and on the brink of elimination! Tonight's game should be intense...

#61 4 years ago

It's a shame the nats hot streak fizzled out now. Hoping they can extend to 7.

#62 4 years ago

Pretty good game today. Looking like we'll see a game 7. So far the road team has won every game. That's crazy.

#63 4 years ago

Strasburg totally nutted up (again) tonight. Game 7s are the best and I can’t wait until tomorrow night!

#64 4 years ago

looking forward to #7
    Been a great series and a great post season.
    Fun times, some titty debacles, and even some fun stats.

#65 4 years ago

Looks like Max on the mound tonight too.

#66 4 years ago

Nothing better than a game 7.... Hoping for extra innings!

#67 4 years ago

World Series Game 7! Classic Americana!

Like pinball.

#68 4 years ago

Verlander is a turd

TURDLANDER

#69 4 years ago

It's crazy that Verlander just can't buy a World Series win, adding yet another World Series start without a win to his MLB record of World Series starts without a win. I live near Detroit and have been a lifetime Tigers fan. The Tigers went to the World Series in 2006 & 2012 and only came away with 1 win out of those 2 combined World Series (ouch!). At the time we had Verlander as our ace, so that record started here.

This World Series is crazy as it's gone to game 7, and in the first 6 games no home team has won. If the Nats win tonight, that'll be a full game 7 World Series which no games won by a home team. Has that ever happened before?

#70 4 years ago

It amuses me that people keep talking about Verlander - meanwhile Strasburg just became the first pitcher in history to go 5-0 in the postseason. Let's go Nats!

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

It amuses me that people keep talking about Verlander

Well, he has set an amusing MLB record of World Series futility which nobody may ever top.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

... This World Series is crazy as it's gone to game 7, and in the first 6 games no home team has won. If the Nats win tonight, that'll be a full game 7 World Series which no games won by a home team. Has that ever happened before?

No. Not possible given that, as you've pointed out, this is the first time the visiting team has won the first six games in a World Series.

#73 4 years ago

Thank goodness that b.s. call didn't make the difference last night. Heaven forbid a runner run down the baseline to try to get to first base.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

this is the first time the visiting team has won the first six games in a World Series.

Or any NBA or NHL championship series.

#75 4 years ago

Greinke has been one of my favorite players since he was a Royal. I was ecstatic to have him on the Brewers. Hes the Garth Melgar of baseball. I hope he has a great night.

#76 4 years ago

He and his team will have to overcome being the home team tonight.

#77 4 years ago

Greinke has them tonight, with the pitch count this low he will most likely pitch the whole game. Houston going to win another World Series.

#78 4 years ago

Looking better for the Nationals by the minute!

#79 4 years ago

Can't believe they pulled him, 2 hitter going on 80 pitches.

#80 4 years ago

One of those hits was a HR, and then he sent a runner to first. Great outting, but I think I'm also expecting my pen to do some heavy lifting for 8 outs.

#81 4 years ago

Come on Nats. 9 outs.

#82 4 years ago

6 outs away from winning a few hundred bucks! I picked the Nats in 7... everyone else had the Astros in 6...

Let’s go Nats!

#83 4 years ago

Surprised stros pull Greinke. He was in the zone.

#84 4 years ago

It's all Nationals now.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

6 outs away from winning a few hundred bucks! I picked the Nats in 7... everyone else had the Astros in 6...
    Let’s go Nats!

I bet the Nats to win the series before yesterday’s game. 7-1 odds. Let’s go!

#86 4 years ago

All road wins.? Crazy.

#87 4 years ago

All I can say is next time you want homefield in baseball, be careful what you wish for.

#88 4 years ago

Wow......just wow
    Congratulations Nationals!
    First team to win World Series without any home games.......right?

#89 4 years ago

Congratulations to the World Champion Nationals!

Well played Astros - it was a great series!

#90 4 years ago

Hell yeah. DC sports has had such a drought of sports championships. Nats in 19 and the caps last year. We won’t discuss the Skins.

#91 4 years ago

Another stake in the heart of Dan Snyder.

Great series! Mind blowing to think not a single home crowd left happy this series.

I also was surprised they pulled their starter, and was happy to see him leave the mound.

#92 4 years ago

As a long suffering Expos fan I was happy to see the franchise win it’s first World Series. It was a fun series to watch, too!

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

As a long suffering Expos fan I was happy to see the franchise win it’s first World Series. It was a fun series to watch, too!

Congrats. I was an Expos fan too back in the day as a kid (they were my NL team to go along with the White Sox in the AL). I still have an Expos hat and get high fives to this day from random strangers who are not from Canada (like myself) who were just drawn to the Expos for some reason.

#94 4 years ago

The Texas Rangers have the worst world series loses ever. This year, the Astros attempted to out-do them.
    I guess it's a Texas thing.

#95 4 years ago

Verlander and Kershaw are great pitchers..during the regular season. Still hard to imagine their struggles in the post season...still a helluva WS, and congrats to the Expos err Nats..

1 week later
    #96 4 years ago

Taking advantage of a pitcher tipping his pitches is one thing....but stealing signs? This looks sketchy as fuck!

#97 4 years ago

It's only cheating if you get caught......

2 months later
    #98 4 years ago

So now both the Red Sox and the Astros have been caught cheating in the years they beat the Dodgers.

How fkd up is that for guys like Kershaw who's reputation was at stake, or anybody else on the team or those that rooted for them.

Both teams should be given lifetime bans from baseball.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Both teams should be given lifetime bans from baseball.

lol

Good one o-din.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

It's only cheating if you get caught......

And....they got caught.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/2?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.