Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 47.
    #1301 1 year ago

Haha look what happened to the Angels once they left Toronto

#1302 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Ahhhh. I see. I love Mookie Betts and he’s one of baseball’s absolute best 5 tool players (at 5’9” 175 no less). But I’m pretty sure he would even tell you that Trout is at another level.

Yeah, another level of losing. Reminds me of that guy from the nationals that when he doesn’t want to answer reporters questions will say “that’s a clown question.” Anyway, once they shipped that supposed superstar off, the Nats won the World Series the very next year. And now that guy can be a superstar and is helping the Phillies suck the way trout is a superstar and helps the angels suck.

#1303 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, another level of losing. Reminds me of that guy from the nationals that when he doesn’t want to answer reporters questions will say “that’s a clown question.” Anyway, once they shipped that supposed superstar off, the Nats won the World Series the very next year. And now that guy can be a superstar and is helping the Phillies suck the way trout is a superstar and helps the angels suck.

Well that team had Scherzer and Strasburg and that lefty reliever who won that ring for that team. The Angels have had an abysmal pitching staff (outside of that one year CJ Wilson?) since Trout has been there. Whatever, I’m done. Never thought I’d have to argue that a guy who won 3 MVPs by age 27 was a great player

#1304 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Never thought I’d have to argue that a guy who won 3 MVPs by age 27 was a great player

Didn’t deserve to win more than one of them if that. Did he ever even hit over 50 home runs? Nope. 45 and 41 were pretty good, the other years of his career were nothing special. Had two really nice years hitting for average at .323 and .326, the other years were nothing special. Has been hurt too much the last 4 or 5 years. But most importantly, he is not a leader of men. I would take Betts over him any day. Betts led that cursed Dodger team over the hump with his leadership and clutch play to a championship. No way trout would have done that. Because losers gonna lose.

#1305 1 year ago

vicjw66 is the Stephen A Smith of the MLB thread

#1306 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I buy 20 game packs to the reds and still end up going to 25-30 games and watch at least a few innings every night.

My brother was recently diagnosed with dementia. He played football on some good UCLA teams of mid 60's. Was practicing law almost until the diagnosis. We have been to a few football games, but only one epic Angel's game during their championship playoff run.

The fun of taking him to a Dodger game at their stadium was incredible. He's 76, I'm 62. Watching the game with him was awesome. I think I will take him to see the Dodgers play the Giants on Sunday day game. I spend a day or two a week riding bikes and doing things we never did due to our age difference. And nothing has been more special than going to the ballpark with him.

#1307 1 year ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

My brother was recently diagnosed with dementia. He played football on some good UCLA teams of mid 60's. Was practicing law almost until the diagnosis. We have been to a few football games, but only one epic Angel's game during their championship playoff run.
    The fun of taking him to a Dodger game at their stadium was incredible. He's 76, I'm 62. Watching the game with him was awesome. I think I will take him to see the Dodgers play the Giants on Sunday day game. I spend a day or two a week riding bikes and doing things we never did due to our age difference. And nothing has been more special than going to the ballpark with him.

That’s awesome. Yeah, the best part of going to the games is being with my wife while doing it.

Also for the Bengals. I couldn’t care less about attending the games anymore unless my dad wants to go with me.

#1308 1 year ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Word of advice. If you go to a Sunday game, buy tickets behind the plate in the last row or two of loge or field level. It will give you some much needed shade. Baking in that sun for 3 plus hours during those Sunday games can be brutal.

#1309 1 year ago

Patiently waiting for Jays game to start.

#1310 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Word of advice. If you go to a Sunday game, buy tickets behind the plate in the last row or two of loge or field level. It will give you some much needed shade. Baking in that sun for 3 plus hours during those Sunday games can be brutal.

I got baked once and learned. There's a Dodger website that you can check your tickets to see if they are in the shade that day. But thanks, it can be seriously brutal for someone with my issues.

#1311 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

vicjw66 is the Stephen A Smith of the MLB thread

Well, I could give my honest opinion, which usually turns out to be right and provides for some debate, or I could be like that guy in the NFL thread and once a week during the season before a game post the same two words.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also for the Bengals. I couldn’t care less about attending the games anymore unless my dad wants to go with me.

Yeah. You should make the super bowl your last bengals game. Seeing it end in person with Aaron Donald spinning Burrow around to the ground like a rag doll. I tell you, it doesn’t get any better than that. Who’s house? Rams house!!!

#1313 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, I could give my honest opinion, which usually turns out to be right and provides for some debate, or I could be like that guy in the NFL thread and once a week during the season before a game post the same two words.

Yeah. You should make the super bowl your last bengals game. Seeing it end in person with Aaron Donald spinning Burrow around to the ground like a rag doll. I tell you, it doesn’t get any better than that. Who’s house? Rams house!!!

Douches gotta douche. Talk to ya at the end of this season to settle up.

#1314 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Douches gotta douche. Talk to ya at the end of this season to settle up.

Sorry buddy. I guess it’s still a little raw for you. Just a Rams fan here pokin a little fun. Looking forward to win 100.

#1315 1 year ago

Chuckwort coming out swinging!

Vic, did you happen to see Trouts night last night?

#1316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Chuckwort coming out swinging!

Nice to see my boy Lorenzen get another shot at a starting gig. One of my favorites while he was in Cincy.

#1317 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:Nice to see my boy Lorenzen get another shot at a starting gig. One of my favorites while he was in Cincy.

Too bad we don’t get to see him hit anymore, dude could slug it for a pitcher.

#1318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Too bad we don’t get to see him hit anymore, dude could slug it for a pitcher.

Can run the base paths too.

#1319 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lorenzen was impressive. Trout being Trout.

The pitcher struck him out and Trout acknowledged the pitcher's success. Almost looked like he was implying for him to try it again according to former pitcher Mark Gubiza the local tv analyst. Next at bat, same pitch, gone.

Trout has such a viscous short swing that it would seem to me to be able to repeat it more often and time it better than the prettier, longer swings. And easier to get out of slump as a result.

#1320 1 year ago

Such a strange season so far.

-The Mets, after being so dominant the 1st two months, have managed to give back 5 games to the Braves, and 4.5 to the Phillies in just the last 10 games...while still playing .500 ball.

-The Brewers have coughed-up 1st place by going 1-10 in their last 11, but are only 1.5 back in a terrible division.

- The Twins are in 1st place, and 9 games over .500, despite scoring only 31 more runs than they've given up.

-The Red Sox are now tied for a playoff spot, after being 7 games under .500 at the beginning of June.

#1321 1 year ago

Dodgers and Giants played in a playoff type atmosphere yesterday. Home team Giants pitcher couldn't hear the signals because so many Dodgers fans in SF. Preview of what will happen in playoff games.

Exciting game. Giants batter tries to check his swing at a pitch, missed, it hits him, runner scores and the home plate umpire makes the call that he swung. That it didn't hit him, and that it can't be reviewed. The announcers seemed completely confused. Seems like an easy change to make regarding replay. Its a strike, which he called, but the ball is dead because it hit him. Can't review it. Cost the Dodgers at least the opportunity to go the bottom of the 9th. Middle of June and you would have thought it was a playoff game. Exciting times for our division in baseball with Padres also playing well.

#1322 1 year ago

Jays pasting the Orioles..cmon Baltimore, not decent since Cal Ripken??

#1323 1 year ago

"Talents coming through just a matter of time"
    Jays announcer pitying Baltimore..

#1324 1 year ago

Seriously? You're shit talking Orioles fans on a pinball forum?

They had some good teams under Buck in the mid 2010s. Adley is gonna be great. Ceddy mull is a beast. Gray-rod coming soon. Don't be a hater.

Go Jays.

#1325 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Seriously? You're shit talking Orioles fans on a pinball forum?
    They had some good teams under Buck in the mid 2010s. Adley is gonna be great. Ceddy mull is a beast. Gray-rod coming soon. Don't be a hater.
    Go Jays.

Not a hater ..just disappointed

#1326 1 year ago

In the playoffs, you need 3 quality starters and three lights out relievers

#1327 1 year ago

Going to the jays game tomorrow early with my grown son Give away Riu jersey day... I said no worries, jersey is Gretzkys # 99!
    Abhorrent contract now that Riu is done for season...Tommy John surgery 18 months min

#1328 1 year ago

It's Ryu dude... he's been on the team for 3 seasons (and in MLB since 2013) so you should probably know how to spell his name by now lol.

Also, he's not having TJ, he's having exploratory surgury to find out if they can avoid TJ. He's done for the season either way.

Finally, TJ is definitely not minimum 18 months, some guys return much quicker, like 14-15 months.

At least the Orioles didn't disappoint you last night, they beat us despite 'not having a decent team since Ripken!' haha

#1329 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

It's Ryu dude... he's been on the team for 3 seasons (and in MLB since 2013) so you should probably know how to spell his name by now lol.
    Also, he's not having TJ, he's having exploratory surgury to find out if they can avoid TJ. He's done for the season either way.
    Finally, TJ is definitely not minimum 18 months, some guys return much quicker, like 14-15 months.
    At least the Orioles didn't disappoint you last night, they beat us despite 'not having a decent team since Ripken!' haha

Well..I'm wearing is Gretzky jersey tomorrow!

#1330 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Nonsense he's done as a Jay

#1331 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Ok I'll go against an obvious Oriole connection ...10 years not a good measurement?

#1332 1 year ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Riu has been a bust.

#1333 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Riu has been a bust.

He showed flashes of greatness with the Dodgers, but just not reliable with all the injuries. It’s a good thing they got rid of him. Blue Jays should have known better.

#1334 1 year ago

Curious if there would be insurance on the contract?

#1335 1 year ago

There is "insurance" for a portion but the contract still counts towards the luxury tax threshold.

#1336 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Riu has been a bust.

Quoted from vicjw66:

He showed flashes of greatness with the Dodgers, but just not reliable with all the injuries. It’s a good thing they got rid of him. Blue Jays should have known better.

Vic going to the game today for give away Riu #99 Jersey! Bringing some white hockey tape and marker GRETZKY

#1337 1 year ago

Ready for subway ride to the game.

1655393703201505594064384633403 (resized).jpg1655393703201505594064384633403 (resized).jpg
    #1338 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Didn’t deserve to win more than one of them if that. Did he ever even hit over 50 home runs? Nope. 45 and 41 were pretty good, the other years of his career were nothing special. Had two really nice years hitting for average at .323 and .326, the other years were nothing special. Has been hurt too much the last 4 or 5 years. But most importantly, he is not a leader of men. I would take Betts over him any day. Betts led that cursed Dodger team over the hump with his leadership and clutch play to a championship. No way trout would have done that. Because losers gonna lose.

#1339 1 year ago

Hahaha! Why I come to pinside!

#1340 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

There is "insurance" for a portion but the contract still counts towards the luxury tax threshold.

Source?

#1341 1 year ago

Astros tossed not one but two immaculate innings yesterday, not sure you'll ever see that again.

#1342 1 year ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Astros tossed not one but two immaculate innings yesterday, not sure you'll ever see that again.

Same 3 batters against too, insane odds.

#1343 1 year ago

anyone want to buy 3 seats to tomorrow's Yankee's game vs Jays , 4th row home plate @$90 Can. each , send me a pm first come

#1344 1 year ago

Nestor throwing an immaculate inning is the story of the year for me so far. Too damn funny.

#1345 1 year ago

Me watching the game on the rail...jays lost but still had a good time

20220616_141939 (resized).jpg20220616_141939 (resized).jpg20220616_150845 (resized).jpg20220616_150845 (resized).jpg20220616_171814 (resized).jpg20220616_171814 (resized).jpg
    #1346 1 year ago

Kevin Gasman looked a-fabulous today!

#1347 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Kevin Gasman looked a-fabulous today!

Do you have a source for your claim about Ryus contract being partially insured?

Teams rarely disclose this type of information, which is why I ask.

#1348 1 year ago
    Quoted from luch:

anyone want to buy 3 seats to tomorrow's Yankee's game vs Jays , 4th row home plate @$90 Can. each , send me a pm first come

Jays Throwback Hoodie giveaway tomorrow as well

#1349 1 year ago

Figured it was common knowledge. Yankees have been dealing with this stuff for years with situations like Ellsbury etc. I believe it was 40% was covered due to injury but the cap hit us still there.

#1350 1 year ago

Accidently posted a contract insurance response in the hockey thread.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.