Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.
    #1151 2 years ago

Congratulations Atlanta Braves, they won it fair and square.
    All Dodgers fans are cheering.

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Hah! I legit read that last word as cheating. Not sure if that was the influence of the this thread, my old eyes, or the whiskey.

#1153 2 years ago

mlb hand over that trophy to atlanta, little payback from that allstar game bullshit.

#1154 2 years ago

All the Houston’s fans in here split out faster than the Houston MVPS

39D45E91-3BA7-4AB9-A67A-08DA0C24904D.gif39D45E91-3BA7-4AB9-A67A-08DA0C24904D.gif
    #1155 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

This is exactly how I felt in 2017. It sucked that the Dodgers lost but at least they lost to a gritty astros team that has had little postseason luck in their history. It was almost a consolation prize. Altuve was a tiny ‘Mighty mouse’. I remember thinking, “well at least we didn’t lose to the Yankees”’. And that is what made it so much worse. If the Yankees cheated , whatever, we already hated them. But it was so much worse to be blindsided by an underdog. Underdogs are not supposed to cheat. They are supposed to overcome cheating. Congrats to the Braves: but gawd help you lf it comes out you pulled an Astro’s.

#1156 2 years ago

With their World Series win, I think it would be a good idea to show some respect to the team, fans, and community by rewarding Atlanta with the MLB All-Star game they deserve.

#1157 2 years ago

Congrats to the Braves! Their bats were HOT! Astros had their chances but couldn’t put up runs which cost them games. Still a hell of a season so no shame in losing the WS.

The Astros pitching was going to be an issue and it showed giving up big hits throughout the playoffs. Stro’s bats went cold when needed the most. It’s been a good run these last few years but time to shore up some holes.

#1158 2 years ago

Congrats to the Braves. Of the 10 (including wildcard) teams, I thought the Braves were the one team that had no chance at winning the 2021 World Series. Wow, did they prove me wrong. That is what is great about sports … you never know. How long before spring training?

#1159 2 years ago

Are we just going to gloss over the fact accusations have been made in this thread about how "all teams cheat"? I'm assuming we will see SOME sort of evidence that the Braves cheated in the next few weeks, right?

Astros fans, care to chime in?

#1160 2 years ago

Fucking brutal way to go out, our big sticks went completely AWOL for most of the series. Hell of a season, and glad it was the Braves and not the Dodgers that got a ring. Should be a pretty exciting off season for the Stros, let's see if Crane invests in this solid core for another couple of runs.

#1161 2 years ago

Well we have Altuve, Bregman, and Yordan. Yuli is getting up there so will need someone to groom for 1st base. Brantley is solid but getting old too. Not sure what the plan is for short stop. Correa is gone. He wants 8-10 year deal Astros are at a 5yr deal. Pitching needs to be addressed. Tucker is decent. We have some young talent that could blossom but only time will tell. And Maldonado is up there too so a good catcher is needed. Lots of holes to fill.

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Are we just going to gloss over the fact accusations have been made in this thread about how "all teams cheat"? I'm assuming we will see SOME sort of evidence that the Braves cheated in the next few weeks, right?
    Astros fans, care to chime in?

The world in your head must be WILD.

Congrats to the Braves. They came up with the clutch hits everytime they needed them. Great run by the Astros too. On to the next season!

#1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Well we have Altuve, Bregman, and Yordan. Yuli is getting up there so will need someone to groom for 1st base. Brantley is solid but getting old too. Not sure what the plan is for short stop. Correa is gone. He wants 8-10 year deal Astros are at a 5yr deal. Pitching needs to be addressed. Tucker is decent. We have some young talent that could blossom but only time will tell. And Maldonado is up there too so a good catcher is needed. Lots of holes to fill.

I'd bet we see some more of Korey Lee at C next year, and Pedro Leon is the heir apparent to SS in the event we cannot sign Correa again. IMO most of our investment needs to be in SP and a young 1B.

#1164 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

The world in your head must be WILD.
    Congrats to the Braves. They came up with the clutch hits everytime they needed them. Great run by the Astros too. On to the next season!

*My* head?!? This coming from someone who associates himself with the "everyone cheats" fan base! Classic.

#1165 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

*My* head?!? This coming from someone who associates himself with the "everyone cheats" fan base! Classic.

The last five years must have been brutal for you. Seeing the Astros have deep runs in playoffs year after year. Bet it really messed you up.

No one is claiming the Braves cheated. Go play some pinball and reevaluate your life.

#1166 2 years ago

Astros fans are always quick to point out that "everyone cheats". It's how they live with themselves when celebrating their 2017 championship.

#1167 2 years ago

Don’t feed the troll. He is just stirring the pot and won’t move on. Time to call PETA and report him for repeated beating of a dead horse.

We are several years removed from 2017…this is 2021 and no cheating involved. Looking forward to next season as teams begin making moves and prepare for spring training.

#1168 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Don’t feed the troll. He is just stirring the pot and won’t move on. Time to call PETA and report him for repeated beating of a dead horse.
    We are several years removed from 2017…this is 2021 and no cheating involved. Looking forward to next season as teams begin making moves and prepare for spring training.

There's that "move on" comment again. Try telling that to the 2017 Dodgers...

#1169 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

There's that "move on" comment again. Try telling that to the 2017 Dodgers...

I just tried. Didn't hear a response... do you have their contact info?

#1170 2 years ago

I hit him with an ignore, he's clearly trolling at this point.

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Dude, you’re the troll by pulling that everyone cheats crap. If you just stayed clear of all that deflection, there would be no issues.

#1172 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

I hit him with an ignore, he's clearly trolling at this point.

Yeah, ignore is a good option.

So it’s just a matter of time and we find out where Correa ends up. Hope we keep Verlander. Depending on his recovery he has a couple years left.

#1173 2 years ago

Congrats to the Braves!!

It’s looking like there is going to be a lock out this winter, which will really put a damper on free agency.

#1174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Congrats to the Braves!!
    It’s looking like there is going to be a lock out this winter, which will really put a damper on free agency.

Dang, that's the first I'm hearing about the lockout. Something was gonna give. Stinks for the players that have to wait past their prime years to lock in a huge deal that they've earned on past play. But by the time they get to free agency most of the guys have already peaked and teams are hesitant to give the long term contracts.

#1175 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Dang, that's the first I'm hearing about the lockout. Something was gonna give. Stinks for the players that have to wait past their prime years to lock in a huge deal that they've earned on past play. But by the time they get to free agency most of the guys have already peaked and teams are hesitant to give the long term contracts.

Neither side is close to an agreement, and they’ve already canceled the winter meetings. Not sounding promising to a quick resolution.

#1176 2 years ago

Damn I had no idea MLB was heading towards lockout. NBA is heading there currently, the players have way too much power as it stands. What are the main hang ups for the MLB?

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Damn I had no idea MLB was heading towards lockout. NBA is heading there currently, the players have way too much power as it stands. What are the main hang ups for the MLB?

Pretty good short summary here

https://calltothepen.com/2021/10/25/mlb-reportedly-preparing-lockout-december-1/amp/

#1178 2 years ago

Thanks Jay bird..I had no idea till today upon this. With this ‘pandemic’ n all that’s going on, it’s bs to worry about millionaires n billionaires arguing over $. Inflation n the cost of living is fn outta control, here anyway, n keeps things in perspective

#1179 2 years ago

Ha! There’s only Dodgers & Astros fans in here. Where is the ATL at? Reprazent!

#1180 2 years ago

From that article it seems like the MLBPA doesn't really have that much of a gripe. The average salary fell, but big players are still getting record contracts. Sounds like the teams are getting smarter with fringe contracts if anything.

#1181 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

From that article it seems like the MLBPA doesn't really have that much of a gripe. The average salary fell, but big players are still getting record contracts. Sounds like the teams are getting smarter with fringe contracts if anything.

Yeah, it’s not a good look for either. The big gripe by the MLBPA is the lowering of the luxury cap tax. Basically lowering the “salary cap”.

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, you’re the troll by pulling that everyone cheats crap. If you just stayed clear of all that deflection, there would be no issues.

The guys in the NFL thread wanted to know your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers homeopathic approach to the Covid vaccine.

#1183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The guys in the NFL thread wanted to know your thoughts on Aaron Rodgers homeopathic approach to the Covid vaccine.

Not all of us..

#1184 2 years ago

Today is a sad day... no baseball for 6 months
    Congrats to the Braves and Tyler Matzek. He went to our local high school. What a journey he took!
    Padres in 2022!

#1185 2 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Today is a sad day... no baseball for 6 months
    Congrats to the Braves and Tyler Matzek. He went to our local high school. What a journey he took!
    Padres in 2022!

Matzek was an absolute monster all series.

#1186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s like conversion therapy. That stuff never works. So he lied about being vaccinated. That’s not surprising. He’s been living a lie for most of his life. I saw that he grew his beard out to match Keanu Reeves. That’s now two things they have in common.

#1187 2 years ago

One of the worst elements of the lock-out discussion is foisting the designated hitter rule on the National League. It takes so much strategy out of the game. I hate it.

#1188 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

One of the worst elements of the lock-out discussion is foisting the designated hitter rule on the National League. It takes so much strategy out of the game. I hate it.

God, I hate foisters.

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ha! There’s only Dodgers & Astros fans in here. Where is the ATL at? Reprazent!

They’re still in shock that they won. I’ve never seen more pessimistic fans. When I was in Atlanta years back, I decided to buy tickets to game 5 of the Braves-Cubs series (the Bartman year). Riding the MARTA on the way to the game, all I heard was Braves fans already defeated talking about how inevitable it was that the Cubs would win. And after the defeat, on the Marta all I heard was how inevitable it was that the Braves would lose.

#1190 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

I'd bet we see some more of Korey Lee at C next year, and Pedro Leon is the heir apparent to SS in the event we cannot sign Correa again. IMO most of our investment needs to be in SP and a young 1B.

Certainly you must realize that your team is going to go into a drought not seen since the White Sox went through their scandal. The core will get older and less productive, or else be lost to free agency. Do astros fans honestly think they are going to land top notch free agents anytime soon? If you were a free agent, would you choose to play for a team knowing you will be booed at every road game and blamed for something you had no part in? Astros are done. They will be relegated to the dustbin of history as a team that couldn’t win a World Series except for when they cheated. May gawd have mercy on their sole.
    Dusty Baker deserved so much more. I felt bad for him everytime the camera focused on him after one of his pitchers failed him.

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Certainly you must realize that your team is going to go into a drought not seen since the White Sox went through their scandal. The core will get older and less productive, or else be lost to free agency. Do astros fans honestly think they are going to land top notch free agents anytime soon? If you were a free agent, would you choose to play for a team knowing you will be booed at every road game and blamed for something you had no part in? Astros are done. They will be relegated to the dustbin of history as a team that couldn’t win a World Series except for when they cheated. May gawd have mercy on their sole.
    Dusty Baker deserved so much more. I felt bad for him everytime the camera focused on him after one of his pitchers failed him.

Actually, the Astros have a decent amount of promising young talent. While they might not continue the run of 5 straight ALCS appearances and 3 WS in 5 years, I think they will still be an above average team for awhile. James Click is a smart man.

Who do you think the Dodgers will throw money at this offseason?

#1192 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I'd worry about your team attracting "big stars" and shitting the bed before you write another fan fiction like this.

#1193 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Who do you think the Dodgers will throw money at this offseason?

Anyone they want. Everyone wants to come to LA and play for this storied and well respected franchise.

#1194 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Anyone they want. Everyone wants to come to LA and play for this storied and well respected franchise.

Thanks for the deep insight. I forgot that every player wants to play and live in the impeccable city of LA. How could I forget.

#1195 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Thanks for the deep insight. I forgot that every player wants to play and live in the impeccable city of LA. How could I forget.

If I had a choice between a team that won a WS fair and square and a team that cheated, got caught, served suspensions and will forever be tainted...

#1196 2 years ago

Well there are only 30 MLB teams and there are PLENTY of TALENTED players that would gladly play for any of them including the Astros.

Just like the 32 teams in the NFL and every spot is coveted.

4 months later
    #1197 2 years ago

Happy that the dodgers signed up Freddie Freeman..sure, he’s a lil older, but what an addition to the team. The boys in blue are stacked when it comes to the line up..glad we have baseball again. Go dodgers!

#1198 2 years ago

Anyone looking for Jays tickets 4th row behind home plate , 3 seats together , prices start at $125 each canadian , home opener is sold

#1199 2 years ago

The Reds are going to be terrible.

I think my wife and I will have the whole stadium to ourselves for our 20 game pack.

2 weeks later
    #1200 2 years ago

1 week to go, anybody loving their team so far?

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.