Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 47.
    #1001 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

The core of this team will be remembered for being cheaters just like the black sox. Baseball is all about history and is thought to be hallowed ground. 30 years from now nobody is going to remember their appearances in the alcs or ws. They had better win this one or that lone 17 title will look even worse. The opposing fans should be enough evidence that people have not moved on unless you're the hometown honks who just want it to go away.

I hope opposing fans boo for years to come. Being the bad guy is great entertainment. Sign stealing has always been a part of the game ask anyone that has played the game at a high school level or higher. If you found a way to crack the opposing teams signs you exploited it.

You might have forgotten but in the fall of 2017 Hurricane Harvey hit Houston hard. The Astros gave this town something to rally around and be a positive force in the city just weeks after thousands of people lost their homes. That's why people in Houston love this team.

But you keep respecting your hallowed ground and pretending your sh*t don't stink.

#1002 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

No team has ever cheated besides the black sox and the Astros, keep up pickle.

But the Black Sox got caught THROWING the series. They didn't cheat to win a championship. Not so sure you can lump the two together. Had the 2017 Astros thrown the series, sure there would be uproar, but not nearly as much since they weren't cheating to give themselves an advantage.

The 2017 World Series will forever be tainted. Accept it.

#1003 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

I hope opposing fans boo for years to come. Being the bad guy is great entertainment. Sign stealing has always been a part of the game ask anyone that has played the game at a high school level or higher. If you found a way to crack the opposing teams signs you exploited it.
    You might have forgotten but in the fall of 2017 Hurricane Harvey hit Houston hard. The Astros gave this town something to rally around and be a positive force in the city just weeks after thousands of people lost their homes. That's why people in Houston love this team.
    But you keep respecting your hallowed ground and pretending your sh*t don't stink.

Oh, here we go. Trying to tug on the ol' heartstrings, eh? Take your sob story somewhere else. No amount of arguing will get you out of the corner you're in. Your team cheated, got caught, and will forever be tainted.

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Oh, here we go. Trying to tug on the ol' heartstrings, eh? Take your sob story somewhere else. No amount of arguing will get you out of the corner you're in. Your team cheated, got caught, and will forever be tainted.

Not a sob story. Actually a very uplifting story that effected one of the largest cities in America. I'm taking that to my grave. Enjoy the rest of the season... oh wait the hated astros knocked out the righteous White Sox.

#1005 2 years ago

I wish the O's would cheat.

#1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I wish the O's would cheat.

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4ae1c7c8ec384810782ecf1205fa05e2fbc60a3f-1635518663-1800"};
    //]]>

Now that’s something we can all get behind! I am sure one day they will be a good team again.

#1007 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Last I recall the Astros weren’t in a corner…..the are in Atlanta playing in the WS TONIGHT!!!

#1008 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

But the Black Sox got caught THROWING the series. They didn't cheat to win a championship. Not so sure you can lump the two together. Had the 2017 Astros thrown the series, sure there would be uproar, but not nearly as much since they weren't cheating to give themselves an advantage.
    The 2017 World Series will forever be tainted. Accept it.

Different but still bad….they were paid to take a dive. We all know modern sports is all about money and gambling. With baseball advertising gambling they need to just put Pete Rose in the HOF….they can still leave the story of his sports betting in the narrative as well. He was a hell of a player in his day. We may never really know if he only bet for his team to win or may have occasional bet against and lost to pay off some debts…..

#1009 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Different but still bad….they were paid to take a dive. We all know modern sports is all about money and gambling. With baseball advertising gambling they need to just put Pete Rose in the HOF….they can still leave the story of his sports betting in the narrative as well. He was a hell of a player in his day. We may never really know if he only bet for his team to win or may have occasional bet against and lost to pay off some debts…..

Now we're talking about Pete Rose? What the hell is happening?!?

#1010 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

No team has ever cheated besides the black sox and the Astros, keep up pickle.

LOL! It’s all in good fun. Thankfully with the rich history of cheating in baseball we can do this all day. The big picture of any sports cheating scandal is you have accept it happened and get over it and move on. Live in the now and not the past. There are so many talented players we could be discussing….and a WS…but all people want to do is hate so I say bring it….for once it feels good to be the bad guy.

#1011 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

LOL! It’s all in good fun. Thankfully with the rich history of cheating in baseball we can do this all day. The big picture of any sports cheating scandal is you have accept it happened and get over it and move on. Live in the now and not the past. There are so many talented players we could be discussing….and a WS…but all people want to do is hate so I say bring it….for once it feels good to be the bad guy.

"Move on"? Tell that to the 2017 Dodgers.

#1012 2 years ago

pinpin, dude, quit fucking spamming your butthurt all over the thread. Go find a support group or something.

#1013 2 years ago

I got ejected from the funny captions thread, this looks like a good place to post this...

had-really-good-world-series-sign-astros-stole-it (resized).jpghad-really-good-world-series-sign-astros-stole-it (resized).jpg
    #1014 2 years ago

Time to start game night off right!
    What are you drinking???

C28FA832-6DD1-4FB7-9B2E-621F9EE6E8F5 (resized).jpegC28FA832-6DD1-4FB7-9B2E-621F9EE6E8F5 (resized).jpeg
    #1015 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Time to start game night off right!
    What are you drinking???[quoted image]

Cool bottle. Do you guys really like bock beer down there more than most or am I imagining it? Might just be because I seem to drink Shiners down there a lot when I visit.

#1016 2 years ago

Oh and whiskey. Always whiskey.

53B87F19-32BA-47D1-85B5-745822C5B7F3 (resized).jpeg53B87F19-32BA-47D1-85B5-745822C5B7F3 (resized).jpeg
    #1017 2 years ago

So temp is gonna be in the 50’s and wet…possible rain. Could have a rain delay. No batting practice by either team. By this point they don’t need the practice….but they would sure like to loosen up and get a feel for how the field is gonna play.

#1018 2 years ago

Damn was hoping they'd play at 7 ET since they were in ATL, fuckin games go late.

#1019 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:Cool bottle. Do you guys really like bock beer down there more than most or am I imagining it? Might just be because I seem to drink Shiners down there a lot when I visit.

Shiner has always been extremely popular in Texas. Crawford Bock is made by a local brewery that got bought by anheuser busch. It’s a good beer that benefits from having a label that everyone in Houston loves. There’s also Ziegenbock. So yes, Texans love bock beers.

#1020 2 years ago

Crawford bock just because the Stro’s are playing. It’s decent but obviously made for the Astros. For those not familiar with Minutemaid park the Crawford Boxes in left field are desirable seats and my personal favorite place to sit. If you enter at the gate on Crawford street it’s literally maybe 50ft to get to your seat. It’s pretty neat.

Shiner bock is my favorite go to beer. It’s pretty popular in TX for sure. Bottom line on beers is if it’s cold most people will drink it LOL!

And of course we love whiskey too!

#1021 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Damn was hoping they'd play at 7 ET since they were in ATL, fuckin games go late.

Yeah but at least it’s a Friday. These games are running 4plus hrs regularly. They were talking about next year if the designated hitter happens in the National League that it could be the norm because now you have 1 better hitter in the lineup so innings will be longer. They have to find a way to get game times closer to 3 hrs…extra inning games being the exception as no one wants to introduce tie games or funky rules for extra innings.

#1022 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cool bottle. Do you guys really like bock beer down there more than most or am I imagining it? Might just be because I seem to drink Shiners down there a lot when I visit.

Lots of Germans in Texas, but yeah Texans love a bock.

#1023 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Shiner has always been extremely popular in Texas. Crawford Bock is made by a local brewery that got bought by anheuser busch. It’s a good beer that benefits from having a label that everyone in Houston loves. There’s also Ziegenbock. So yes, Texans love bock beers.

I thought Karbach brewery was bought by Miller? Either way they are a “LOCAL” brewery that was VERY successful and now owned by one of the big ones. Also some of the proceeds of Crawford bock go to an Astros sponsored charity so it supports that as well. One of the guys that started Karbach is still there and works on developing new beers. He is on the radio pretty often talking about new beers coming out. How is that for a dream job….create new beers. Sign me up!

#1024 2 years ago

Game is starting on time! Also, is ranch water a real thing down there or is it a marketing bullshit concoction? I keep seeing commercials up here for ranch water with Texas cowboys herding cattle all day and grabbing a ranch water seltzer at the end of the day, seems suspect.

#1025 2 years ago

Joboo needs some rum….I will leave it to someone else to sacrifice a chicken if they feel the need.

Quoted from Chisox:

Game is starting on time! Also, is ranch water a real thing down there or is it a marketing bullshit concoction? I keep seeing commercials up here for ranch water with Texas cowboys herding cattle all day and grabbing a ranch water seltzer at the end of the day, seems suspect.

LOL!!! It’s definitely some concocted BS but it’s trendy as hell. Every brewer has jumped on that bandwagon. It’s OK IMO…had to try it. Some are better than others. If you go to a restaurant/bar they make it from scratch with Topo Chico…there was a shortage of it for a while.

#1026 2 years ago

I thought this was a baseball thread? What's with the booze talk?

#1027 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Beer and baseball go very well together in case you didn’t know…what do think the 7th inning stretch is really about…it’s the last call for alcohol.

#1028 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Because it’s Friday and I like booze? I’m legit bummed that Charlie Morton is out. Loved watching that guy pitch (so underrated) and by all accounts he’s a great dude and teammate. Also bummed about McCullers, possibly the best breaking stuff in baseball. Ex-pitcher here, love watching the skill of the guys at this level.

#1030 2 years ago

Ranch water is really just topo chico and tequila, not sure where this canned nonsense came from.

#1032 2 years ago

I think we are all bummed no Morton or McCullers. I have a hard time thinking of a team Charlie Morton would not be a starter on so while he may not have the notoriety of other pitchers he is VERY good.

#1033 2 years ago

It’s a boo fest for the Astros…as expected.

#1034 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

It’s a boo fest for the Astros…as expected.

What's up with that? According to you Astros fans, everyone should just get over it and move on, right?

#1035 2 years ago

So if it goes 7 this (Anderson/Garcia) would likely be the pitching matchup. 23 yr old vs 24 yr old. That’s wild.

#1036 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So if it goes 7 this (Anderson/Garcia) would likely be the pitching matchup. 23 yr old vs 24 yr old. That’s wild.

Damn I didn't realize Anderson was that young.

#1037 2 years ago

Anybody have any insight on Garcia’s funky windup? I Googled it and surprisingly found nothing besides some malware sights and generic articles telling me that it’s “unique”. It’s weird because Anderson’s windup is SO understated, he basically just turns his shoulders and throws.

#1038 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

What's up with that? According to you Astros fans, everyone should just get over it and move on, right?

Check out betterhelp.com. They might be able help you remove the astros from living rent free in your head.

https://www.betterhelp.com/

#1039 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Anybody have any insight on Garcia’s funky windup? I Googled it and surprisingly found nothing besides some malware sights and generic articles telling me that it’s “unique”. It’s weird because Anderson’s windup is SO understated, he basically just turns his shoulders and throws.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1454061932655300609

#1041 2 years ago

They keep playing Jethro Tull for Ian Anderson LOL!

#1042 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Man you bitch about everything, relax, it’s only baseball.

#1043 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Go Packers.

#1044 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lollz at the new avatar, turned out great dude.

#1045 2 years ago

That explains it.

#1046 2 years ago

Just turned the game on, hate getting home after 6. Gonna have a few friends over later, I anticipate a few rum n cokes 2nite! Go Braves!

85F2537D-789E-4C6D-AA90-C76E234C056E (resized).jpeg85F2537D-789E-4C6D-AA90-C76E234C056E (resized).jpeg
    #1047 2 years ago

Astros squeaked out of that jam!

#1048 2 years ago

That was some clutch pitching for a rookie.

#1049 2 years ago

Time to see how much Garcia has left in the tank.

#1050 2 years ago

Man, Rosario can rake.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.