Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,334 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    77C39292-D63C-4078-9D52-300569DD8EC9 (resized).png
    28769D05-9042-4282-B49C-307874BAA078 (resized).jpeg
    C1278CE0-45B5-4F2C-ACE2-46BB17A49532 (resized).png
    F4C174DC-06C9-4889-A51E-C07A31071E94.gif
    945D48DC-B341-4ABE-BF2C-235F7552901C (resized).jpeg
    12F05A2F-495C-454D-97CC-2C680CAE08EE (resized).jpeg
    81A581E7-EE18-4034-816D-E81CF0ACFE79 (resized).jpeg
    F63A9B45-CC5A-4200-82EB-FA04FD2D1040 (resized).jpeg
    E1AC5843-B32D-4F9A-A408-6717604B3477 (resized).jpeg
    35D562EE-27A2-463B-8F83-DD78206380A1 (resized).jpeg
    5792C8DA-7991-46EE-AC84-D6DA4DCCB669 (resized).jpeg
    26CABF0F-7879-42E3-999D-CF0473C28046 (resized).jpeg
    2765B6D5-4159-432F-AC4B-0DDD4C359F18 (resized).jpeg
    EE9DF3EF-2EAF-488F-939A-D8AFE00EE82E (resized).jpeg
    4D0F00DF-D3A8-425E-ABE3-55CC0BE2F9AD (resized).jpeg

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 47.
    #1 4 years ago

I searched and didn’t find another thread. Does anybody give a shit about baseball? I do. I think I speak for all of Pinside when I say lets go
    15F3EEF0-0168-4D3D-B7B4-F736228FCBFB (resized).png15F3EEF0-0168-4D3D-B7B4-F736228FCBFB (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

I'm happy with the way the season is going!

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

As you should be, nice start!

#4 4 years ago

The Oakland Athletics have a new kids area called the Stomping ground, they have a Rollercoaster tycoon pinball machine in it. And we have a center fielder that has a cannon of an arm.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm not, but it's very early yet. GO CUBS!

Cubs (resized).jpgCubs (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

LET"S GO O"s!!!!!!

Now that we've traded away all of our top players, I'm looking forward to a historic season.

#7 4 years ago

Have the Marlins been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, yet?

#8 4 years ago

Nothing like opening day.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

I’ll check back in around October. Have a great summer!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Nothing like opening day.
    [quoted image]

Yep! Was catching the Sox opener over lunch as the Mariners are my AL team. I DO NOT miss the upper deck seats at White Sox Park (Guaranteed Field?!) though from my former days as a Chicagoan.

#11 4 years ago

Watching my team feels similar to watching the movie Major League. Who the hell are these guys? Go Royals, World Champs in '85, '15, and maybe '45. Gotta think positive.

#12 4 years ago

Watching baseball right now for the first time in years. I'm a Phillies guy and this year they're offense is the best it's been in a long time. Very exciting to watch.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep! Was catching the Sox opener over lunch as the Mariners are my AL team. I DO NOT miss the upper deck seats at White Sox Park (Guaranteed Field?!) though from my former days as a Chicagoan.

Yeah the upper tank here is the worst. Rest of the park is great though.

#14 4 years ago

As an ex-baseball player I can just watch and marvel at how amazing these guys are at their craft. They make baseball look easy and I’m sure that all that have played it in the past can attest, baseball is a bitch.

#15 4 years ago

My dodgers are off to a good start, even w out Kershaw pitching on the mound yet. Lets see if they can break my heart 3 years in a row...

#16 4 years ago

Zzzzzzz..........used to play as a kid but can't stand watching it.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Zzzzzzz..........used to play as a kid but can't stand watching it.

I hear this a lot and always ask...why?

#18 4 years ago

True Americans LOVE baseball!

baseball-as-american-as-apple-pie-72729 (resized).jpgbaseball-as-american-as-apple-pie-72729 (resized).jpg

#20 4 years ago

My memories are strong from going to Bat Day, 1965, Yankee Stadium, and hoping to Get a Mantle Bat.
    I became a lifelong Yankee Fan!

In my Teens, Id cut class, and hang out at the Spring Training Games in Florida.
    In the 70s, the players were approachable, played catch with the kids, and freely chatted and engaged.

I worked at Yankee and Shea Stadiums in the 80s.

These days, the kids are grown, with no interest, even with exposure, and watching 2-3 hours is hard.

But I get excited over opening day...even if I dont know many of the names.

Even at this old age, it Does still, stay exciting! I felt like a Kid about opening Day!

I even got a Shirt! Gosh Im such an old Fart!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #21 4 years ago

The only thing I have to discuss as a Rangers fan this year is the new domed air conditioned stadium opening for the 2020 season.

Although I must say that I do enjoy the current ballpark except for the mid ‘90s and up afternoon/early evening games.

3 weeks later
    #22 4 years ago

Just watched the Cubs win 11-0 on a beautiful day at T-Mobile Park in Seattle! GO Cubs!!!

51P-JDqruBL._SY355_ (resized).jpg51P-JDqruBL._SY355_ (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago
    ADB637D6-918C-44EF-BADD-60F97F225DCE (resized).pngADB637D6-918C-44EF-BADD-60F97F225DCE (resized).png
    5 months later
    #24 4 years ago

Dodgers lighting up Strasburg so far.

Congrats to the Cardinals.

#25 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dodgers lighting up Strasburg so far.
    Congrats to the Cardinals.

Yeah not a good time to have a bad game for him. Hopefully he can settle down. He needs to go deep but don’t see it happening st this point. If Nats go to the bull pen early game over.

#27 4 years ago

Yeah this is pretty shocking as Strasburg’s postseason ERA was 0.64 until tonight,

#28 4 years ago

When the Dodgers bats get hot, they get really hot.

#29 4 years ago

Big game tomorrow while the Yanks are kicked back and watching..

#30 4 years ago

Beuhler is painting tonight, very impressed by this kid.

#31 4 years ago

He just painted Suzuki alright.

#32 4 years ago

Dodgers are done. Better luck next year.

Congrats to the Nationals for a well fought game.

#33 4 years ago

Was watching off and on saw it was 3-1 in the 6th. Went to check the score assuming it was over and saw Nats on top at the top of the 10th. Glad they finally won a post season series.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dodgers are done. Better luck next year.
    Congrats to the Nationals for a well fought game.

Wow - didn't figure on that given the Dodgers' (team) record 106 win season.

Cool to see the Nats make the NLCS though for the first time!

#35 4 years ago

Went to bed after Kershaw struck out that lefty in the bottom of the 7th. Did I miss anything?

#36 4 years ago

Think the Dodgers had it tough, Anibal Sanchez of the Nationals is through 7 innings pitching the Cardinals a no hitter.

#37 4 years ago

St. Louis fans gave Sanchez a standing ovation after he finally gave up a hit and was leaving the game. That's pure class.

#38 4 years ago

Wow! Nats look legit.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

St. Louis fans gave Sanchez a standing ovation after he finally gave up a hit and was leaving the game. That's pure class.

I was watching the game w my uncle..once Sanchez gave up the hit and was pulled, I said that he should get a nice applause. He was in the zone, and I was hoping to see some history..good on the fans...and go expos errr Nats

#40 4 years ago

Interesting analysis here. Nice scouting report by the Astros.

#41 4 years ago

As someone who has been around some super obnoxious baseball fans, like whenever the Red Sox or Yankees come to town to play the Angels, it was so refreshing to see the St Louis fans appreciate a great baseball performance no matter who is wearing the uniform. Even in such an important game.

I'm sure that must be a reflection of their community in general.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As someone who has been around some super obnoxious baseball fans, like whenever the Red Sox or Yankees come to town to play the Angels, it was so refreshing to see the St Louis fans appreciate a great baseball performance no matter who is wearing the uniform. Even in such an important game.

That was cool. I can’t go to games anymore when the Red Sox or Yankees are in town. The worst.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

we truly are some of the best fans in baseball, as you witnessed today.

#44 4 years ago

Good luck to Joe Maddon in his new job as the Angels' manager!

Although it was expected, I was sorry to see him leave the Cubs.

#45 4 years ago

Good luck to Joe Maddon in his new job as the Angels' manager!
    Although it was expected, I was sorry to see him leave the Cubs.

He's coming home!

As somebody that was fully entrenched when the Angels won their only World Series in 2002 after many years of waiting, that is good to hear. It is going to be tough to build a team with the magic and perseverance that team had.

As good as they were, they showed exactly how hard it is to win a title, with the balance and outcome hanging on every last pitch.

I know it's ancient history now, but when you have spent your whole life rooting for the Angels, it was the best of times and all we got. I was there!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He's coming home!

Cool to see Joe return to the Angels after having spent so many years within their organization in the past!

Gonna continue to root for my favorite AL team - the Mariners - to win the next ALCS though. They will soon be the ONLY active major league team to never play in a World Series now that the Nats have punched their ticket.

#47 4 years ago

Gonna continue to root for my favorite AL team - the Mariners - to win the next ALCS though. They will soon be the ONLY active major league team to never play in a World Series now that the Nats have punched their ticket

Boy, they did come close back in the 90s. Hard to believe they are the only team left.

#48 4 years ago

2019 WS (resized).jpg2019 WS (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago

ALTUVE looks much bigger on my TV.....

ABC2C263-9B51-48FA-AF8B-4CA22A4E0235 (resized).jpegABC2C263-9B51-48FA-AF8B-4CA22A4E0235 (resized).jpeg
    #50 4 years ago

Last night's was an excellent game to watch.

Nationals beating the best pitcher Houston has bodes well for their chances of winning it all.

Looking forward to tonight's game as well.

There are 2,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-mlb-lets-discuss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.