Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2187 (resized).jpg
    78180591_420377175323487_2328326913900150784_n (resized).jpg
    IMG-20191009-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0014 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0018 (resized).jpeg
    20191116_161801 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161809 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161823 (resized).jpg
    20191116_145453 (resized).jpg
    50F55A1D-FD47-4D4A-89B1-A1E3EDF38F95 (resized).jpeg
    87C761E0-2F1C-49E9-A612-AEEB241F3E4F (resized).jpeg
    2D123515-2FC7-4EEB-AEF8-9F4EA9F5AA8D (resized).jpeg
    25AD4055-DF46-4248-A646-4C3A631420A1 (resized).jpeg
    BB2F8036-5A4A-47EA-917C-0BD6E68F1C56 (resized).jpeg
    C409830A-03AC-4F4E-9F88-44A49A1F33CB (resized).jpeg
    A630A8B7-0DD4-49A9-9210-C93BD667FF66 (resized).jpeg
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

pinballmaniac40 Yes it is

It still with be in the Titan booth? PM if it needs to be listed under the new owner. Looking forward to seeing you at this party in just a little over a week and a half.

#152 4 years ago

Hi All,

Anyone from the D.F.W area driving down for 1 night? would be interested in maybe car pooling? My Jeep holds 5 lol.

Let me know.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi All,
    Anyone from the D.F.W area driving down for 1 night? would be interested in maybe car pooling? My Jeep holds 5 lol.
    Let me know.

Already got our ride situated, but there's a group of 3 of us headed down from Allen and Frisco. PM me if you wanna meet up during the Expo.

#154 4 years ago

Hi All,
    Let me know.

What day are you heading down there?

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

What day are you heading down there?

I am open....thinking drive down Friday and hang out all day and night Friday and most of Saturday and drive home Saturday around 6pm , home by 10

Your thoughts??

Rooms are still available for 89 bucks.

#156 4 years ago

Do kids get in for free? How much per adult?

#157 4 years ago

Don't bring your kids. Unless you have headphones/earplugs to protect their ears...

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do kids get in for free? How much per adult?

Just as any other show, prices on the website.
    . http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/tickets/

#159 4 years ago

Where are all the for sale/trade listings only two weeks to the show.

Chris

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Don't bring your kids. Unless you have headphones/earplugs to protect their ears...

Yes, I was warned about the volume at this show. Bring some earplugs, folks

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Yes, I was warned about the volume at this show. Bring some earplugs, folks

For those looking to stand out while protecting their hearing...

screw-plugs (resized).jpgscrew-plugs (resized).jpg
    #163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

They love pinball, I must take them

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gasoline:

For those looking to stand out while protecting their hearing... [quoted image]

Wow, Is it really THAT bad?

#165 4 years ago

Go listen to the interview I did with Keith about the show. I came away thinking that Keith really is into music and likes it loud. The music (bands and dj’s) is more at night than during daylight hours. Take a listen and hear for yourself: The Classic Pinball Podcast.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Go listen to the interview I did with Keith about the show. I came away thinking that Keith really is into music and likes it loud. The music (bands and dj’s) is more at night than during daylight hours. Take a listen and hear for yourself: The Classic Pinball Podcast.

Will do, Thanks!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from chillie:

Where are all the for sale/trade listings only two weeks to the show.
    Chris

Mainly most of the local collectors bring games to this show and not very many ever for sale/trade.

Game list gets updated with a note only I as I know whether a game is for sale. Could see some signs on some games at the show that do not ever show listed as such.

#168 4 years ago

What about the swap meet on Saturday? Any working or project games for sale?

I’m flying so I know I’m going to find a game for sale I want and can’t get it home unless I can get it shipped.

#169 4 years ago

This looks like it's going to be a good show.

I am glad I live 2 miles away from the TPF event.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

What about the swap meet on Saturday? Any working or project games for sale?

Don't know of any projects unless someone posts here. Otherwise, will not know until that day.

Most Houston collectors dont really visit Pinside very often , if a member at all.

Not many games even come up for sale often on the internet that are in the Houston area. Many times deals are just made berween other local cillectors.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow, Is it really THAT bad?

No it is not that bad. I am in Keiths band that will be playing on Friday night. We played last year and it was a blast. However I will say that two years ago the music was loud coming out of the speakers. This was during the day and it was just the music that was playing from a play list. And I was playing pinball right in front of a speaker so it was on me. The room 2 years ago was a lot smaller than the new hotel so the sound could not go anywhere. The new hotel room is huge and awesome and last year was no problem at all. You will always have people that complain. The live music starts around 8:15PM each night so before that you should be good to go. I highly recommend sticking around Friday or Saturday night for the live DJ set. Scott Danesi (creator of Total Nuclear Annihilation) will be doing a live DJ set and if you like the music from TNA you will love this. The show and the party atmosphere is great and you will have a great time.

#172 4 years ago

If anybody wants new standard-sized playfield glass for pickup at the show, Multimorphic is bringing a handful of sheets. $30 each. PM me if interested. Limited quantities available, pre-orders only.

43x21"
    low iron
    rounded edges

Thanks.
    - Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

If anybody wants new standard-sized playfield glass for pickup at the show, Multimorphic is bringing a handful of sheets. $30 each. PM me if interested. Limited quantities available, pre-orders only.
    43x21"
    low iron
    rounded edges
    Thanks.
    - Gerry

Presuming this is the same stuff Gerry brought to TPF, I can say it's very nice glass. Been super happy with it. The rounded edges are a welcome touch. Thanks, Gerry!

#174 4 years ago

7.5 days until setup begins!!HAAG show 2019 (resized).pngHAAG show 2019 (resized).png

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Presuming this is the same stuff Gerry brought to TPF, I can say it's very nice glass. Been super happy with it. The rounded edges are a welcome touch. Thanks, Gerry!

Yep - same stuff. Glad you like it.

#176 4 years ago

Anybody bringing classic Bally , system 11 , or wpc boards/parts?

#177 4 years ago

This is why I know I’m going to love this show. Pinball, music and a swap meet. I wish I lived within driving distance. I have boxes of classic Bally SS parts. This is one of the only free swap meets I know of at a pinball/arcade show. Others who run shows should take note. Keith had the right idea when he started. This is a big benefit to the community.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Mentioned Chris Munro on page 2 and is on the vendor list as well. Unknown what parts/boards will be bringing.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Some vendors I am aware of
    Pinball Classics (Locked When Lit) will have some pinball parts. Rob Anthony will be there to repair your boards.
    Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs-Local pinball and arcade distributor
    Marco will be there with the demo games that are presold, but they don't normally bring parts.
    Chris Munro will have used pinball & arcade parts for sale.
    Order online with Titan Pinball and have it shipped to the show for free pickup there.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/exhibitors/

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Looking for something specific? I have the boards from my BOP still from when I did the 2.0 swap. The displays were rock solid too. If you need them I could pull them from my parts box and bring them. I have everything that was associated with the displays (boards, displays and panel) as well as the board that was for the switch matrix and had the batteries. I'm not up to the lingo on boards, assuming that's the CPU?

I'm also debating selling either my original run AC/DC prem with full Helen package and several mod or a really nice Avengers Pro. I have to leave Sat so I'm not bringing anything for the show but if someone was interested in one I could bring it Thursday and we could swap before the show and you could enter it if you wanted.

#180 4 years ago

Game list will close Tuesday midnight so get any games listed ASAP. Can PM details to me to have games added/changed so you can have 1 single weekend pass for every game you bring.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Looking for something specific? I have the boards from my BOP still from when I did the 2.0 swap. The displays were rock solid too. If you need them I could pull them from my parts box and bring them. I have everything that was associated with the displays (boards, displays and panel) as well as the board that was for the switch matrix and had the batteries. I'm not up to the lingo on boards, assuming that's the CPU?
    I'm also debating selling either my original run AC/DC prem with full Helen package and several mod or a really nice Avengers Pro. I have to leave Sat so I'm not bringing anything for the show but if someone was interested in one I could bring it Thursday and we could swap before the show and you could enter it if you wanted.

Yes please!!!!!!!? I'll pm you

#183 4 years ago

Pmed ya Daditude

#184 4 years ago

I've custom designed, printed and hand painted hot dog switch covers.
    They look and fit great on many games. I am selling sets(2) for $20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87385<= More pics

Free delivery to the Houston show!

DinerHotdogs (resized).JPGDinerHotdogs (resized).JPG
    #185 4 years ago
    Quoted from cadmium:

I've custom designed, printed and hand painted hot dog switch covers.
    They look and fit great on many games. I am selling sets(2) for $20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87385&lt;= More pics
    Free delivery to the Houston show![quoted image]

I want a set for my Diner. Pm sent.

#186 4 years ago

I have a 75% (+) populated front and back Volcano and Monte Carlo playfield for sale $200 each. I can need advance notice to be able to bring either on my way to the show Friday morning 9am. PM if interested.
    Monte Carlo front - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).pngMonte Carlo front - Windows Photo Viewer (resized).png20190703_122459 (resized).jpg20190703_122459 (resized).jpg

#187 4 years ago

Followup on playfield glass. We're just about out of room. If you want a couple of sheets, please PM me today. We'll stop taking orders tonight.

Thanks.

- Gerry

#188 4 years ago

Bump: The Classic Pinball Podcast interviews the shows founder Keith Christensen if you missed it. Obviously a shill post and public service. Worth a listen if you are attending or just curious.

Downloadable here:
    http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
    https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
    Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
    https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
    https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
    https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
    https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

#189 4 years ago

Highly recommend listening to the Pinball Profile podcast with Steven Bowden. He gives you a really good idea what to expect from the Deeproot game (RAZA) in Houston this weekend.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Highly recommend listening to the Pinball Profile podcast with Steven Bowden. He gives you a really good idea what to expect from the Deeproot game (RAZA) in Houston this weekend.

Ready to check out out and play it.

#191 4 years ago

Game list will close Tuesday midnight so get any games listed ASAP. Can PM details to me to have games added/changed so you can have 1 single weekend pass for every game you bring.

One more day to have your games listed to be in the show.

#192 4 years ago

Bus Trip to Dan Ferguson’s Lone Star Pinball Museum in Hockley, Tx
    This is free with your Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo ticket and it is 1str come 1st serve. Meet up: Hotel front Lobby at 1:45 to get into the bus
    Some EM projects are for sale.

http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/lone-star-pinball-museum-bus-trip/?fbclid=IwAR3toVjV6iIcFhj7W4WNEKmpG2iyD4uBktT07UpUrQJ57uDqWN4WV4mLADU
    2019-11-11 14_31_02-Lone Star Pinball Museum Bus Trip - Houston Arcade Expo - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-11-11 14_31_02-Lone Star Pinball Museum Bus Trip - Houston Arcade Expo - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#193 4 years ago

One more day to have your games listed to be in the show.

I am really hoping someone will bring a JJP wonka.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I've got one for sale in Frisco. If you don't get to play one in Houston, come over and play mine.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I've got one for sale in Frisco. If you don't get to play one in Houston, come over and play mine.

I dont want to buy one but we are neighbors and would love to come check out your collection.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Since one is not listed by now, I don't expect one. Local distributor does not have any available.

#197 4 years ago

Dang. I was really hoping to play wonka.
    I’m still super excited about the show.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Quoted from zaphX:

I dont want to buy one but we are neighbors and would love to come check out your collection.

I would love to.

We should all get together and play.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I would love to.
    We should all get together and play.

Le's do it.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Starting in Orlando and stay for a week, then drive to Houston

Getting closer day by day. Today visited French Q in New Orleans, tomorrow stop in beaumont for 2 days.

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-houston-arcade-amp-pinball-expo-nov-15-16-2019/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.