Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2187 (resized).jpg
    78180591_420377175323487_2328326913900150784_n (resized).jpg
    IMG-20191009-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0014 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0018 (resized).jpeg
    20191116_161801 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161809 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161823 (resized).jpg
    20191116_145453 (resized).jpg
    50F55A1D-FD47-4D4A-89B1-A1E3EDF38F95 (resized).jpeg
    87C761E0-2F1C-49E9-A612-AEEB241F3E4F (resized).jpeg
    2D123515-2FC7-4EEB-AEF8-9F4EA9F5AA8D (resized).jpeg
    25AD4055-DF46-4248-A646-4C3A631420A1 (resized).jpeg
    BB2F8036-5A4A-47EA-917C-0BD6E68F1C56 (resized).jpeg
    C409830A-03AC-4F4E-9F88-44A49A1F33CB (resized).jpeg
    A630A8B7-0DD4-49A9-9210-C93BD667FF66 (resized).jpeg
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 4 years ago

The Belles of Space City Pinball are hosting a women's pinball tournament on Saturday night at THE Expo! Registration for the Interplanetary Knockout Women's Pinball Tournament is now open.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/belles-of-space-city-interplanetary-knockout-womens-pinball-tournament-registration-69490924225?fbclid=IwAR0izuJYUgMS4K2Qjs2aiIK9vYCO6yGZ0u7fd1OnuMRqTBglV7xQR6oylBM

interplanetary (1) (resized).pnginterplanetary (1) (resized).png
    #102 4 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

The Belles of Space City Pinball are hosting a women's pinball tournament on Saturday night at THE Expo! Registration for the Interplanetary Knockout Women's Pinball Tournament is now open.
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/belles-of-space-city-interplanetary-knockout-womens-pinball-tournament-registration-69490924225?fbclid=IwAR0izuJYUgMS4K2Qjs2aiIK9vYCO6yGZ0u7fd1OnuMRqTBglV7xQR6oylBM[quoted image]

Is that picture supposed to look like a big boob, or is that an unfortunate accident?

#103 4 years ago

Looks like an interplanetary knock-out to me.

#104 4 years ago

We're running another show deal on P3s at the show this year. For a $1000 discount, order yours today (limited quantities available for this promotion). We'll bring it to the show and unbox it for people to play, and you take it home when the show ends.

PM me to take advantage of the deal. If you'd rather pass on the discount and unbox the machine at your place, that's fine too. Just get your order in, and we'll make sure to bring your machine.

There are currently 3 playfield modules available for the P3 and 9 games. Modules can be swapped in under 60s, and changing between game applications is a simple matter of choosing one from the on-screen app launcher. The P3 is the best value in the industry today, and it'll continue to get better! Choose between Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth, Cosmic Cart Racing, and Cannon Lagoon (or get all 3!), and add on whichever packages you want.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

Houston Flyer (resized).jpgHouston Flyer (resized).jpg
    #105 4 years ago

I could use some help on food choices, coffee etc. close to the venue. Done some exploring and it sounds like there are some terrific choices not far from the hotel.

I know if you give up the good places you’ll have to wait. Be a champ and give some suggestions. I know I’ll have only so much time but I’m willing to try and get to them all. Micro brewery’s welcome.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I could use some help on food choices, coffee etc. close to the venue. Done some exploring and it sounds like there are some terrific choices not far from the hotel.
    I know if you give up the good places you’ll have to wait. Be a champ and give some suggestions. I know I’ll have only so much time but I’m willing to try and get to them all. Micro brewery’s welcome.

Einstein’s Pub is close if you want a good burger and lots of pinball too

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is that picture supposed to look like a big boob, or is that an unfortunate accident?

Your question is framed incorrectly. Let me help you out - us Texans are friendly like that. I know the last thing a fellow Texan wanted to do was sexualize a poster for a women's tournament.

"does that look like a big boob to anyone else, or is that just a reflection of how I see things?"

I'm thinking we both know what the answer is going to be.

Marc
    Houston

#108 4 years ago

Hotel still has rooms at Expo rate. At least they did earlier.

#109 4 years ago

I want to thank Keith Christensen for the interview he did with me today about the Houston Arcade Expo. I’m in the process of putting the finishing touches on the podcast. I’m looking to drop sometime tomorrow.

If you want to hear about the show and some personal stories from both of us I invite you to tune in.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I want to thank Keith Christensen for the interview he did with me today about the Houston Arcade Expo. I’m in the process of putting the finishing touches on the podcast. I’m looking to drop sometime tomorrow.
    If you want to hear about the show and some personal stories from both of us I invite you to tune in.

What is the name of your podcast?

#111 4 years ago

The Classic Pinball Podcast can be found on most podcast players.

Podcast will drop later today.

#113 4 years ago

Episode is now available.

#114 4 years ago

This is still available for pick up / free delivery to the show:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80803

#115 4 years ago

Motodome will be in free play area? Currently, I don't see it on the game list.

#116 4 years ago

Sweet!! 4 Elvira's House of Horrors will be in the Marco booth in the free play area!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Motodome will be in free play area?

That is up to the next owner.

#118 4 years ago

Thanks to all who have tuned in. Lots of new listeners.

#119 4 years ago

I’m in the market for a beater to use in a retheme project. Preferably an early SS or EM. If anyone has anything they are willing to offload at the show, let me know!

#120 4 years ago

20 days til showtime!

#121 4 years ago

16 days!!

@Zaza, when do you fly out from the Netherlands?

#122 4 years ago

This thursday (oct 31)
    Starting in Orlando and stay for a week, then drive to Houston ( nov.10 - nov.14 ). Stay in Mariott nov.14-16

#123 4 years ago

For trade or sale Octoberfest Perfect condition only 20 plays. I live 10 minutes down the road from the show and can show you the game anytime.

I am in Japan for work and will be back on the 14th before the show.

Text or email me if you are interested I am 14 hrs in advance my day is your night so response may be a little slow.

Chris kennedy
    [email protected]

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

drive to Houston ( nov.10 - nov.14 ).

I hope you have a lot of activities planned. It only takes two days to drive from FL to Houston.

#125 4 years ago

Shill and bump:

If you have not listened to The Classic Pin Podcast I interview the founder, Keith Christensen about the Expo.

Information in above post.

#126 4 years ago

I just posted an episode recorded this summer with Eric Stone IFPA #13 ranking but it is not about pinball. It’s his love for coin pusher and Frogger redemption games with Dave and I doing our normal chat. Something completely different than our other shows.

#127 4 years ago

Can't wait to see the unveiling. Won't be at the show, so hope streaming available..

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Shill and bump:
    If you have not listened to The Classic Pin Podcast I interview the founder, Keith Christensen about the Expo.
    Information in above post.

Finished it last night. Great interview.

#129 4 years ago

Thank you. Can’t wait to get to Houston. The Eric Stone Frogger Episode is becoming our fastest listened to program. Thanks to all.

#130 4 years ago

Counting the days...

Are there any specific off-site plans for meetups, etc ala the GameExchange meetup at TPF?

Also, any suggestions for pinball nearby? Joystix looks cool, but seems it's an event-oriented venue ("We are NOT and arcade. We are open to the public for game-play only twice a month for our Pac-Man Fever events").

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Counting the days...
    Are there any specific off-site plans for meetups, etc ala the GameExchange meetup at TPF?
    Also, any suggestions for pinball nearby? Joystix looks cool, but seems it's an event-oriented venue ("We are NOT and arcade. We are open to the public for game-play only twice a month for our Pac-Man Fever events").

Contact Jeff Teolis as he's throwing an event at Einsteins. It just sold out but there may be a waiting list. - https://www.facebook.com/events/2362155007390836/

Games there are in great shape but be forewarned that it is an smoking establishment. I'm sensitive to it now but I've found as long as I stay in the back where the games are it doesn't bother me to much.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Contact Jeff Teolis as he's throwing an event at Einsteins. It just sold out but there may be a waiting list. - https://www.facebook.com/events/2362155007390836/
    Games there are in great shape but be forwarded that it is an smoking establishment. I'm sensitive to it now but I've found as long as I stay in the back where the games are it doesn't bother me to much.

Thanks! The smoking is a non-starter for me, but maybe I'll think otherwise once I've had a few

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Counting the days...

Glad you are coming.

Houston's notoriously tough to get around - it's just a giant freaking city, and going from where you are to where you want to be isn't always easy, and never quick, so pinballmap is a good resource for you - it's kept pretty up to date by the folks around here. In general, Einsteins Pub in Katy is a great call, they have a fantastic pinball collection - it's not too far from the expo, but as mentioned above there is a (sold out) event scheduled for Thursday night. The Game Preserve in Spring has a good collection from all time periods - it's a pay to enter place - 15 bucks to play all you can, but they close fairly early during the week, so that might not be ideal.

hope you enjoy your trip -

#134 4 years ago

Use your phone GPS to get around town more quickly. It will help to divert you around traffic jams.

#135 4 years ago

I know this is a low percentage post, but It could really make someones day.

Any left handed guitar players here?

Southpaw guitars is a must stop when visiting Houston.
    https://www.southpawguitars.com/

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

Glad you are coming.
    Houston's notoriously tough to get around - it's just a giant freaking city, and going from where you are to where you want to be isn't always easy, and never quick

Use your phone GPS to get around town more quickly. It will help to divert you around traffic jams.

Thanks, gents! We have similar urban sprawl problems here in DFW, so sadly familiar with all of that.

15 days!

#137 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87048

I am selling a stern memory lane solid state. If interested, I can deliver it to HAP.

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

#138 4 years ago

Two weeks to go

#139 4 years ago

My four-hour window for delivery has officially opened. Happy 'New Pin Day' to me!

#140 4 years ago

Is there much interest in EM games at this show? I am new to the hobby, but have fixed up a few older machines.

I have never been to an arcade event before, but signed up a few months ago to bring my Super Score . Since then, have repaired a Mars Trek in good shape which would be fun to share, and a previously neglected Wild Wild West. I hope to get the latter reliable enough for the show if time permits...but the playfield is pretty beat...perhaps it could find a new home while there.

I can get one game in my car, the others would need to go on the trailer...worth the effort? My work schedule can be unpredictable, so worried about getting myself in too deep.

Thanks, looking forward to the Expo!

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from emspence:

Is there much interest in EM games at this show? I am new to the hobby, but have fixed up a few older machines.
    I have never been to an arcade event before, but signed up a few months ago to bring my Super Score . Since then, have repaired a Mars Trek in good shape which would be fun to share, and a previously neglected Wild Wild West. I hope to get the latter reliable enough for the show if time permits...but the playfield is pretty beat...perhaps it could find a new home while there.
    I can get one game in my car, the others would need to go on the trailer...worth the effort? My work schedule can be unpredictable, so worried about getting myself in too deep.
    Thanks, looking forward to the Expo!

Yes, very interested in seeing EM pins, especially the #Mars Trek. Want to commit it now? I did add it to the list.

Don't forget, load in on that Thursday is from noon to 11pm. Friday, you can load in from 9am to noon. Surely, you can make 2 trips within that time?

#142 4 years ago

Yes, very interested in seeing EM pins, especially the #Mars Trek. Want to commit it now? I did add it to the list.
    Don't forget, load in on that Thursday is from noon to 11pm. Friday, you can load in from 9am to noon. Surely, you can make 2 trips within that time?

Haha, that is one way to help me decide! Thanks for the enthusiasm and initiative. If somehow nobody bumps me off my position at work (all seniority based, and I am close to the bottom) then either of those days will work, I will plan on bringing those two games for now at least Maybe Wild Wild West will be able to get some of my time Monday.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87048
    I am selling a stern memory lane solid state. If interested, I can deliver it to HAP.

Is this the same one that was on Craigslist for $200 last week?

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Our Simpsons and the Alice Cooper will be for sale. Price TBD

TSPP is sold

#145 4 years ago

The game is still coming to the show?

#146 4 years ago

I always enjoy attending the HAAG Expo. I've been to most everyone since the beginning.
    I think what I like the most about this show is the party type atmosphere it provides and has stayed true to that at its core since the beginning.
    Another enjoyable aspect of this show for me is although my heart is with TPF, I've always had to work TPF whether as a previous show organizer or as a vendor/exhibitor, where as Houston Arcade Pinball Expo I have no responsibility there at all but to have a great time; playing games and hanging out with friends. Houston Show has gotten bigger and better year after year and last year was the most impressive with the separate vendor room and the much nicer hotel venue.

Hotel Room booked....can't wait!

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from cadmium:

Is this the same one that was on Craigslist for $200 last week?

Yup

#148 4 years ago

What's the vendor turnout at this expo. I just got back from Chicago and might want to drive down for 1-2 days.

Always need something for my new addiction. lol

#149 4 years ago

Some vendors I am aware of
    Pinball Classics (Locked When Lit) will have some pinball parts. Rob Anthony will be there to repair your boards.
    Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs-Local pinball and arcade distributor
    Marco will be there with the demo games that are presold, but they don't normally bring parts.
    Chris Munro will have used pinball & arcade parts for sale
    Order online with Titan Pinball and have it shipped to the show for free pickup there.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/exhibitors/

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-houston-arcade-amp-pinball-expo-nov-15-16-2019/page/3?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.