Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2187 (resized).jpg
    78180591_420377175323487_2328326913900150784_n (resized).jpg
    IMG-20191009-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0014 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0018 (resized).jpeg
    20191116_161801 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161809 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161823 (resized).jpg
    20191116_145453 (resized).jpg
    50F55A1D-FD47-4D4A-89B1-A1E3EDF38F95 (resized).jpeg
    87C761E0-2F1C-49E9-A612-AEEB241F3E4F (resized).jpeg
    2D123515-2FC7-4EEB-AEF8-9F4EA9F5AA8D (resized).jpeg
    25AD4055-DF46-4248-A646-4C3A631420A1 (resized).jpeg
    BB2F8036-5A4A-47EA-917C-0BD6E68F1C56 (resized).jpeg
    C409830A-03AC-4F4E-9F88-44A49A1F33CB (resized).jpeg
    A630A8B7-0DD4-49A9-9210-C93BD667FF66 (resized).jpeg
    There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #52 4 years ago

New promotional video just had to be shared here.

#53 4 years ago

Cool video! Can't wait!

#54 4 years ago

Holy smokes--the tournament is nearly sold out, with 121 players total signed up! This is above and beyond the biggest tournament turn out in the history of the the Houston show! Great sign that this show is going to be incredible.

Get the last few now or get ready to join the waitlist! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-city-open-pinball-tournament-at-the-houston-arcade-expo-registration-68562110117

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Holy smokes--the tournament is nearly sold out, with 121 players total signed up! This is above and beyond the biggest tournament turn out in the history of the the Houston show! Great sign that this show is going to be incredible.
    Get the last few now or get ready to join the waitlist! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-city-open-pinball-tournament-at-the-houston-arcade-expo-registration-68562110117[quoted image]

Will there be a stream? If so, what channel and when?

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Will there be a stream? If so, what channel and when?

Yes. Twitch.tv/spacecitypinball. Streaming will start nov 16 at 4pm

#57 4 years ago

Will the streaming focus on the just the finals? Do you have enough announcers? Nothing worse than streaming and no commentary.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Will the streaming focus on the just the finals? Do you have enough announcers? Nothing worse than streaming and no commentary.

Go look at their prior streams. IMHO, Space City does a quality job. If you don’t like what you see on Twitch, ask for a refund

#59 4 years ago

I like my streams without commentary.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

We don't do anything half assed, lol.

Yes, it will focus on finals, because I don't really think qualifying will be all that interesting to watch given the format.

IMO, audio is just as important for any stream as the video. We have two professional broadcast headsets with monitoring. Finding announcers is always an organic process, but our player list includes several "pro" announcers, including Jeff Teolis, Bob Mathews, Colin Macalpine, Mark Meserve, and my favorite, Steve Bowden. I'm not too worried about it.

If I can boast a little more about the quality of our stream....
    - 60 fps playfield camera
    - Mic for game sounds
    - mobile rig for minimal down time
    - professional scene transitions
    - telestrator
    - slow motion instant replay

Since the tournament will be in our own room this year, we'll have better control of the lighting too so we won't have the super dark player cam of last year.

#61 4 years ago

I wasn’t calling you out. I’ve watched before and I’m going to be attending for the first time. I’m really looking forward to playing in the tournament even though I’m going to get mine handed to me. I like to hear the chatter, play by play, insight and knowledge of seasoned tournament players. It makes for a robust experience.

I just released my latest podcast, The Classic Pinball Podcast, and talk a little about the tournament. Hopefully I will be able to put together a show prior to Houston to make people aware of all the great events that are part of this show.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’m going to be attending for the first time. I’m really looking forward to playing in the tournament even though I’m going to get mine handed to me.

Where location are ya coming from? That's alright, it is all about having fun in the tournament. I'm an average player and I will enjoy my tournament round not expecting to advance.

#63 4 years ago

New Hampshire. I’m more of a classics player. It looks like the machines in the tournament are anything but classics. I’m approaching with no expectations and having fun in Texas!

#64 4 years ago

Unfortunately, there are very few old SS listed to be there in the free play area. Most are system 11/DE and newer DMD/LCD. I suspect you still will have a great time.

#65 4 years ago

I'll be bringin' the ol' reliable '79 Genie for free play.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I'll be bringin' the ol' reliable '79 Genie for free play.

Wish you could bring Haunted House with you.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wish you could bring Haunted House with you.

I thought about it. However, there's a couple reasons I decided against it. First, it's a BEAST - so heavy. Not only does it have three playfields, but the main is PACKED with coils - heavy on it's own. Also, the up-kicker from the basement back to the main playfield can be finicky. I've got it working 100%, but I'm worried that it could get 'out of alignment', and I wouldn't know about it until that coil starts smokin'.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I thought about it. However, there's a couple reasons I decided against it. First, it's a BEAST - so heavy. Not only does it have three playfields, but the main is PACKED with coils - heavy on it's own. Also, the up-kicker from the basement back to the main playfield can be finicky. I've got it working 100%, but I'm worried that it could get 'out of alignment', and I wouldn't know about it until that coil starts smokin'.

How are the pin techs at the show?

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Seems that coil could use an inline fuse there to protect that coil. You have several guys live near you who could help you pack it and load it up. Tons of people at the show to help out.

Well, if not this year, I hope next year.

#70 4 years ago

I was looking forward to bringing my nice Congo but had to sell it. I will be bringing my FT instead. It's recently been fully shopped so looks and plays great.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Busy at times.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Brian is DA MAN!! Several others chip in to help as well.

Regarding HH - who knows. I'm about to trade my Mustang for a truck - so I won't need Blake's help hauling my gear this year.

#73 4 years ago

I think Brad is chicken.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

First, it's a BEAST - so heavy.

It's what??

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG
    #75 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I'll be bringin' the ol' reliable '79 Genie for free play

Can’t wait! Love your Genie!

#76 4 years ago

Speaking of the unusual. Let's go bowling!! I've been working on getting this game ready for the show. This should get a lot of play that weekend. Just wanted something different at the show for everyone to enjoy. Sign up those pins you want to bring!!

72194636_10157718255548060_6334966767487549440_n (resized).jpg72194636_10157718255548060_6334966767487549440_n (resized).jpg71912748_10157718255878060_4740811422747852800_n (resized).jpg71912748_10157718255878060_4740811422747852800_n (resized).jpg

#77 4 years ago

I just looked through the games list, and there is already a lot of great games signed up to be brought.

Hope someone brings the new mini size pinball machine called The Flip Side.
    I bet it would get a lot of interest if in the free play area set up on a table, or if placed in a vendor booth area.
    Being sold by American Girl for $150.
    https://www.americangirl.com/shop/p/julie-pinball-machine-gdw97
    Takes 3 C batteries

Who will put up a high score on this little single player game?

Note to all: No heavy drinking and then rough handling of machine when playing games on it.
    No slap saves, no bang-backs, no slide saves, no pounding the glass after bad drains.
    No crying and bitchin about no ball save for fast drains.

#78 4 years ago

Well - sometimes you just never know how things will go. Since May, the wife and I have been working to purchase some property in the Texas hill country. There's been some twists and turns, but the pieces are finally falling into place. We are planning to close early November. Unfortunately, this means I will not be able to attend the Expo this year.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Well - sometimes you just never know how things will go. Since May, the wife and I have been working to purchase some property in the Texas hill country. There's been some twists and turns, but the pieces are finally falling into place. We are planning to close early November. Unfortunately, this means I will not be able to attend the Expo this year.

Well, shit.

Good luck with the purchase. Sell me some pinball!

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

We are so saddened to hear of this. The Houston show has always been the let’s party with Sunking show for PavBall and I. We will miss you and hope to catch you in 2020.

#81 4 years ago

No more Genie (SunKing) in a bottle. Bummer. Good luck and enjoy it.

#82 4 years ago

34 days until showtime.

#83 4 years ago

If everything goes to plan we (me and wife) will arrive in Houston november 14 by car.
    Looking forward to be at the show !

#84 4 years ago

I really hope someone brings a jjp wonka or Elvira 3

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

If everything goes to plan we (me and wife) will arrive in Houston november 14 by car.
    Looking forward to be at the show !

Looking forward to seeing you at the show. I missed catching you at TPF.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I missed catching you at TPF.

Yep, Missing your pinside signature on this shirt. (TPF 2019)

This time I'll have you called over the speaker system and ask for technical assistance on a machine where I'am playing on
    Well, we will find each other, see you next month !

Shirt TPF 2019.jpgShirt TPF 2019.jpg

#87 4 years ago

How does the Houston show compare to TPF?

Is there usually a pretty good vendor turnout?

#88 4 years ago

Some vendors I am aware of

Pinball Classics (Locked When Lit) will have some pinball parts. Rob Anthony will be there to repair your boards.
    Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs-Local pinball and arcade distributor
    Marco will be there with the demo games that are presold, but they don't normally bring parts.
    Chris Munro will have used pinball & arcade parts for sale

Order online with Titan Pinball and have it shipped to the show for free pickup there.

http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/exhibitors/

#89 4 years ago

We are now accepting pre-orders for Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo!
    Choose the “pick up at show” shipping option and don’t forget to use the code “TITAN10” for a 10% discount on Titan Silicone! Does not apply to the already discounted 100 ring bulk kits or the 50 ring universal kits.

As of right now we are bringing: Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Whirlwind, Simpsons Pinball Party, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Pinbot and Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle as well as a huge selection of silicone rings, tools, LEDs, aparrel and PINMATS!

#90 4 years ago

Attention ladies! Pre-registration for the Women’s pinball tournament starts tomorrow at 8PM Central! There will not be a women’s division finals this year like previous years. It’s an entirely separate event!

Hosted by the Houston Belles and Chimes chapter and sponsored by Dr. Brad Jennings of Jennings Orthodontics

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/belles-of-space-city-interplanetary-knockout-womens-pinball-tournament-registration-69490924225

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Choose the “pick up at show” shipping option and don’t forget to use the code “TITAN10” for a 10% discount on your order
    As of right now we are bringing: Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Whirlwind, Simpsons Pinball Party, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Pinbot and Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle as well as a huge selection of silicone rings, tools, LEDs and apparel.

I wish I would have seen this the other day. I just ordered! :/

#92 4 years ago

Choose the “pick up at show” shipping option and don’t forget to use the code “TITAN10” for a 10% discount on your order
    As of right now we are bringing: Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Whirlwind, Simpsons Pinball Party, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Pinbot and Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle as well as a huge selection of silicone rings, tools, LEDs and apparel.

Titan_Pinball I tried using the TITAN10 code and got the following error "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached its usage limit!"

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

I tried using the TITAN10 code and

Are there qualifying items in your cart? The code is good for silicone only and not for the already discounted bulk kits or universal kits.

#94 4 years ago

Are there qualifying items in your cart? The code is good for silicone only and not for the already discounted bulk kits or universal kits.

Oh I see! I didn't realize from your post that it was only for certain items. No worries!

#95 4 years ago

oh snap! Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed!

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I wish I would have seen this the other day. I just ordered! :/

Order more for the next games you will be picking up. Plan ahead. Haha

#97 4 years ago

Choose the “pick up at show” shipping option and don’t forget to use the code “TITAN10” for a 10% discount on Titan Silicone! Does not apply to the already discounted 100 ring bulk kits or the 50 ring universal kits.
    As of right now we are bringing: Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Whirlwind, Simpsons Pinball Party, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Pinbot and Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle as well as a huge selection of silicone rings, tools, LEDs, aparrel and PINMATS!

Getting another Pinmat for sure at the show.

#98 4 years ago

Other than the list on the Arcade Expo website, anybody bringing any other pinball machine for sale? I have two members of my local group looking for a first machine.

#99 4 years ago

Our Simpsons and the Alice Cooper will be for sale. Price TBD

#100 4 years ago

Our Simpsons and the Alice Cooper will be for sale. Price TBD

I added that in the note section. Thank you.

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-houston-arcade-amp-pinball-expo-nov-15-16-2019/page/2?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.