Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 290 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2187 (resized).jpg
    78180591_420377175323487_2328326913900150784_n (resized).jpg
    IMG-20191009-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0014 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20191116-WA0018 (resized).jpeg
    20191116_161801 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161809 (resized).jpg
    20191116_161823 (resized).jpg
    20191116_145453 (resized).jpg
    50F55A1D-FD47-4D4A-89B1-A1E3EDF38F95 (resized).jpeg
    87C761E0-2F1C-49E9-A612-AEEB241F3E4F (resized).jpeg
    2D123515-2FC7-4EEB-AEF8-9F4EA9F5AA8D (resized).jpeg
    25AD4055-DF46-4248-A646-4C3A631420A1 (resized).jpeg
    BB2F8036-5A4A-47EA-917C-0BD6E68F1C56 (resized).jpeg
    C409830A-03AC-4F4E-9F88-44A49A1F33CB (resized).jpeg
    A630A8B7-0DD4-49A9-9210-C93BD667FF66 (resized).jpeg

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 4 years ago

Did you guys know that there is ANOTHER amazing show in Texas each Fall?!!

Yep, the Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo is ramping up for its 18th year and it is shaping up to be one of the best we've held yet! In case you haven't heard, the Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo is one of the best party shows around and hosted by the the collector community of Houston, along with the rest of our great friends from all around Texas and over in Louisiana! If you thought meeting new people and socializing was fun at TPF, wait until you come hang out with us here in Houston! We know how to have a great time and gladly welcome you to join us!

Save the Date: NOVEMBER 15 & 16, 2019

This expo features a pop culture explosion of 80s awesomeness as we transform the 30,000 sq. ft. convention space at the Houston Marriott Westchase into a full blown 80s arcade and collector exhibit space for the weekend. We're talking house lights off, arcade & DJ lighting on, lasers, huge music video projections, live bands...the works! Oh yeah, and we keep the expo hall open as late as we want to... the show stays open both Friday and Saturday nights until at least 2:00 am and possibly even later - we shut it down when we feel like it.

The expo features:

- Arcades, Pinballs, Consoles, Vintage Computers, Tabletop Games, Team Games, & more
    - Over 400 Games!
    - Scott Danesi (famed pinball designer, DJ, Musician and all around renaissance man) will be holding a seminar and will be DJing a Total Nuclear Annihilation/Danesi EDM jam @ Midnight on Saturday, 11/16!
    - Space City Open Pinball Tournament
    - Arcade Tournaments
    - Live Music both Friday & Saturday nights
    - Houston-area Arcades The Game Preserve & Joystix Classic Games & Pinballs will be exhibiting some of the best classic & brand new games
    - Industry & Collector Panel Discussions
    - Arcade & Pop Culture Artists
    - Arcade & Pop Culture Collectors, Vendors, & Exhibitors
    - Saturday Morning Swap Meet
    - Door Prizes!
    - Game Awards
    - Cosplay Contest
    - and MUCH MORE

Bring a game and get in FREE!

Advance Weekend Passes: Only $30.00 ($45.00 @ the Door) - through 7/31, then prices increase to $35.00; after 9/15: $40.00
    VIP Packages: $80.00 (including 2 weekend passes, VIP Early Access to the show Thurs. night, 11/14, Weekend access to VIP Lounge, 1 T-Shirt)
    https://www.houstonarcadeexpo.com

Hotel Info:

Special Expo Rate: $89.00 / night!!! (Normally $131.00 / night)
    Houston Marriott Westchase
    2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, TX 77042
    Expo Room Codes: AEAAEAA (Queen) or AEAAEAF (King)
    https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=18th%20Annual%20Arcade%20Expo%5Ehouwm%60AEAAEAA%7CAEAAEAF%6089.00%60USD%60false%604%6011/14/19%6011/17/19%6011/01/19&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

Exhibitor Info:

10'x10' Booth: $175.00 early bird pricing (to increase in May)
    10'x20' Booth: $350.00
    (We can work with you on booth spacing and size)
    All booths come with enough show passes for whoever is working the booth, as well as a few for your family.

2019 Houston Arcade Expo 4x6 Postcard - Front - Final w Bleed (resized).jpg2019 Houston Arcade Expo 4x6 Postcard - Front - Final w Bleed (resized).jpg2019 Houston Arcade Expo 4x6 Postcard - Back - Final w Bleed (resized).jpg2019 Houston Arcade Expo 4x6 Postcard - Back - Final w Bleed (resized).jpg50913124_2423132127697027_5764931312028745728_o (resized).jpg50913124_2423132127697027_5764931312028745728_o (resized).jpg20181019_155952 (resized).jpg20181019_155952 (resized).jpg20181019_130840 (resized).jpg20181019_130840 (resized).jpg20181019_160555 (resized).jpg20181019_160555 (resized).jpg20181019_160734 (resized).jpg20181019_160734 (resized).jpg20181019_160918 (resized).jpg20181019_160918 (resized).jpg80400120 (resized).jpg80400120 (resized).jpg80400132 (resized).jpg80400132 (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

Looking forward to it!!! This will be my first time at the Houston show!

--Scott

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Looking forward to it!!! This will be my first time at the Houston show!
    --Scott

Are you bringing your next game down with you?

#5 4 years ago

It is a great time. If you have not been, you are missing out.

1 month later
    #6 4 years ago

Booked!

This show is a blast! I bring my kids.

1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

How did I miss this thread??? OHHHH HELLL YEAH!!! The Houston Arcade Expo is a BLAST!!! I just reserved my room.

If you'd like a 'behind the scenes' look - or want to see a ton of pictures I took from the 2018 show, check it out:

http://www.bradberryman.com/HAAG_2018.html

As usual, I plan to bring a game this year. If I can get it done in time, I may bring my Haunted House with added multiball and speech. WoooHoo!! Really looking forward to the party!!!

<-- a little extra smoke for good measure.

#8 4 years ago

PavBall and I have our room booked and are ready!

This is our favorite pinball show / party every year and the new hotel last year was superb.

#9 4 years ago

From Deeproot's announcement today..."At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo."

http://deeprootpinball.com/?fbclid=IwAR3HX9HEIFJpQcZ2L3-jsGa5NS-bdBMQICw3V7jUwwWHkodbmzW4--okwUA

Better get your room reserved now.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

From Deeproot's announcement today..."At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo."
    http://deeprootpinball.com/?fbclid=IwAR3HX9HEIFJpQcZ2L3-jsGa5NS-bdBMQICw3V7jUwwWHkodbmzW4--okwUA

That is awesome! Thanks for the link!

#11 4 years ago

Rather new to the hobby, this will be my first show. I have registered my Super Score to bring, glad there seem to be rather long windows for pick up and drop off since I typically am working on call. Are there usually handtrucks and assistance/guidance around for loading and unloading? I drive a Subaru, not much room left for moving equipment after the game is in there. Thanks, and looking forward to the event!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from emspence:

Rather new to the hobby, this will be my first show. I have registered my Super Score to bring, glad there seem to be rather long windows for pick up and drop off since I typically am working on call. Are there usually handtrucks and assistance/guidance around for loading and unloading? I drive a Subaru, not much room left for moving equipment after the game is in there. Thanks, and looking forward to the event!

Yes. We have it all covered. You can even load in Thursday from noon to 11pm.

Thank you for your support in bringing a game for everyone to play.

#13 4 years ago

Will there be a working Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash at this year’s show?

#14 4 years ago

Yes. We have it all covered. You can even load in Thursday from noon to 11pm.
    Thank you for your support in bringing a game for everyone to play.

Thank you, having long drop off and pick up times helps me out a lot. Looking forward to the event, and hope the machine does well for everybody.

1 month later
    #15 4 years ago

Presale tickets and booth prices will be going up on 7/31! Grab them while you can!

3 weeks later
    #16 4 years ago

Bump. I’m really looking forward to this show. I haven’t seen any new games since TPF in March.

Deeproot preview
    New Sterns like JP
    Will we be be lucky and see a Wonka?

Anyone bringing games for sale? Looking to buy? Trade?

#17 4 years ago

The whole pinball world will have eyes on Houston for the dr reveal. Have a great show it looks awesome!

#18 4 years ago

We are absolutely looking forward to hosting Deeproot, Multimorphic, Marco, and a ton of other great manufacturers, vendors, and new artists this year! As we are a little over 3 months away now, we'll be ramping up the announcements and highlights for the show very soon and we certainly aim for it to be a fun time for everyone! While there will be some awesome reveals and announcements, the Houston show is first and foremost a celebration of everything pinball, arcade, console, and pop culture in general! You'll have plenty of chances to get on machines with minimal wait times and I guarantee you'll make some new friends in the hobby! There's a lot of Southern hospitality at this show!

Nevus, I definitely think there's a great chance you'll be able to play Wonka and for certain, JP!

Plenty of hotel rooms are still available at the show rate of only $89 / night!

If you make it into town Thursday, the party will kick off that night even though the show opens Friday @ Noon.

#19 4 years ago

Do you know when the details of the tournament will be ready to announce? I've heard rumors that format may be changing a little bit to allow for more players. Super curious about that. If those harpoon lagoons will be there again I may even be able to get my wife to come this year

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Do you know when the details of the tournament will be ready to announce? I've heard rumors that format may be changing a little bit to allow for more players. Super curious about that. If those harpoon lagoons will be there again I may even be able to get my wife to come this year

We need more games at the show if there is even a possibility of a larger tournament. Everything on the game list is a combination of all the games in the tournament and the free play area. Can you bring a pin to the show?

There is some talk about a possible women's only tournament during this show. That is still being talked about since there will be only limited time open for the possibility.

#21 4 years ago

Phil will be making an announcement soon on the tournament details.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone bringing games for sale?

The current game list shows 3 games with a note 'for sale'. Anyone can PM me and I should be able to put you in contact with the sellers I know who have games for sale.

#23 4 years ago

Just a quick question here, first time going to the Houston show, I bought tickets online and paid with PayPal I got a receipt from PayPal but haven't heard anything back from the actual show and that was 3 weeks ago. As I remember these wasn't an option to pick up at the show or have them delivered. Does anybody know what the normal standard is, or is it too early yet? Thanks.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just a quick question here, first time going to the Houston show, I bought tickets online and paid with PayPal I got a receipt from PayPal but haven't heard anything back from the actual show and that was 3 weeks ago. As I remember these wasn't an option to pick up at the show or have them delivered. Does anybody know what the normal standard is, or is it too early yet? Thanks.

Bring your receipt and show and it at the door. I hope you enjoy the show.

#25 4 years ago

@pinballmaniac40

Thank you! Will do, looking forward to it

1 week later
    #26 4 years ago

Sweet!!!! Titan Pinball has a Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle listed on the game list!!!
    Looking forward to your latest animations on this game, @Pinballfantexas.

#27 4 years ago

Chances of Deeproot actually having a game ready in time for the show?

#28 4 years ago

Chances are quite high. We are still 3 months away.

#29 4 years ago

Anyone bringing a pin (or pins) for sale?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone bringing a pin (or pins) for sale?

The current game list shows 3 games with a note 'for sale'. Anyone can PM me and I should be able to put you in contact with the sellers I know who have games for sale.

Now 2 show as Congo was sold and removed from the game list.

#31 4 years ago

I am very excited to announce the format of this year’s pinball tournament at the Houston Arcade Expo….the Space City Open! You can read the full details on the website at http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/pinball-tournament/.

We have made several modifications to improve the tournament from last year. These modifications will:

* give players more time to enjoy the show outside the tournament area.
    * increase the total number of players that can participate.
    * allow players who cannot attend on Friday to participate.
    * reduce crowding in the tournament area.

All this while keeping the matchplay format that everyone loves! The very basic description of the tournament is there will be four distinct qualifying sessions, two on Friday 11/15 and two on Saturday 11/16. Players may play in up to two of these sessions, and can choose which is most convenient for them. Each session will be around three hours long, limited to 52 players, and will feature 6 rounds of group match play. The top 6 players from each session will qualify for finals.

The price for playing is $25 per session. All ticketing and waitlists will be handled on eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-city-open-pinball-tournament-at-the-houston-arcade-expo-registration-68562110117). Tickets will go on sale September 22 at 12pm Central time.

This year, we will have a separate women’s tournament (i.e., no more women’s finals). We will announce details on that tournament shortly.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the new format (though please see if your questions are already answered on the website first). Hope to see you all there!

Overview (resized).jpgOverview (resized).jpg
    #32 4 years ago

Thanks for the tournament info. This years show is looking great!

#33 4 years ago

There is a swap meet on Saturday, 11/16 8am to noon.

Games brought to the swap meet for sale will not be listed on the game list. The game list is only for playable games in the main free play and tournament areas only.

http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/swapmeet/

2 weeks later
    #34 4 years ago

LOVE this show! It just gets better every year. Guess I need to work on my Killer Queen skills...

#35 4 years ago

67 days until load in starts!!

1 week later
    #36 4 years ago

Registration for the tournament opens in one week! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/space-city-open-pinball-tournament-at-the-houston-arcade-expo-registration-68562110117

Registration will be at that link. There is a helpful "remind me" feature too if you are bad with calendars.

#37 4 years ago

I am selling a tales from the crypt and a bone busters. If anyone is interested, I can bring them to the show.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am selling a tales from the crypt and a bone busters. If anyone is interested, I can bring them to the show.

To be on the floor for free play? PM when you know so they can be added to the game list.

#39 4 years ago

This is, easily, my favorite show of the year. Can’t wait.

#40 4 years ago

Looking forward to it also. Not bringing a game this year unfortunately.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Looking forward to it also. Not bringing a game this year unfortunately.

There's not a Congo there yet.................

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

There's not a Congo there yet.................

There was one on the list but it had sold and now is in Florida.

#43 4 years ago

There was one on the list but it had sold and now is in Florida.

Jodester has a Congo. Just saying....

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Jodester has a Congo. Just saying....

Will you haul it for him? Just asking for a friend.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Jodester has a Congo. Just saying

He does have a Congo. That said, that particular game is in no less than 5,000 different pieces right now...it is currently a cabinet, a clear coated playfield, a box of plastics, a backglass, and about seven buckets of bolts, wires, and various fabricated metal parts. I’m not so sure it will be ready in time for HAAG 2020...

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He does have a Congo. That said, that particular game is in no less than 5,000 different pieces right now...it is currently a cabinet, a clear coated playfield, a box of plastics, a backglass, and about seven buckets of bolts, wires, and various fabricated metal parts. I’m not so sure it will be ready in time for HAAG 2020...

Ok....i'll bring the beer. We can get that sucker put back together.

#47 4 years ago

Looking forward to the show!! Can't wait to see a bunch of my "Friends that live in warmer temperatures that I do".
    --Scott

#48 4 years ago

Looking forward to the show!! Can't wait to see a bunch of my "Friends that live in warmer temperatures that I do".
    --Scott

I'm looking forward to your set. All originals? If not, what do you typically spin? We spoke very briefly about that at TPF immediately before the TWIPy's, but I've slept many times since then

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

I'm looking forward to your set. All originals? If not, what do you typically spin? We spoke very briefly about that at TPF immediately before the TWIPy's, but I've slept many times since then

I will spin a few originals, but mostly it will be stuff that I have collected over the years. I might do nu school breaks since you don't hear them often anymore. Probably a few tempo changes, some synthwave, and other random stuff. I have a decent collection of reggae glitch hop I might dig into as well. Who knows....
    --Scott

#50 4 years ago

I will spin a few originals, but mostly it will be stuff that I have collected over the years. I might do nu school breaks since you don't hear them often anymore. Probably a few tempo changes, some synthwave, and other random stuff. I have a decent collection of reggae glitch hop I might dig into as well. Who knows....
    --Scott

Heard Peanut Butter Wolf at a rave and was really surprised. Mix of dance stuff with hip hop like Tribe Called Quest. Really took me off guard - in a good way. Kinda sounds like you might be doing something similar.

Now I’m even more pumped for your set!

There are 290 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-houston-arcade-amp-pinball-expo-nov-15-16-2019 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.