Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,112 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4111 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4110 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4107 (resized).jpeg
    0D3DA938-935B-45A0-A926-B4E4E44DB259 (resized).jpeg
    15269092-36D5-48C3-9AB1-D73311B84BD8 (resized).jpeg
    6DA5673B-5E98-4266-A639-DD92826A5E70 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240108_145651_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_215821_Google (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_125327_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_4400 (resized).jpeg
    20231125_103617.jpg
    PXL_20231115_025950717.MP (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_005809_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rando.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But hey what are you gonna do. When I was attending Clemson my Tigers were getting my ass kicked 57-0 by the likes of Bobby Bowden so I can't help but smile now that I am the giant orange gorilla stomping all in my wake.

I hear that, what years were you there?

I was a Freshman in 1988 which was a great year (think we topped out at #4 ranking) but ended with the infamous "Fumble Rooskie" play that broke our hearts. Seemed to get a little worse each year after that until recent dominance.

Week off this week then more payback for FSU. Go Tigers!

2 months later
    #48 4 years ago

So right now, top 5 is:

1 - LSU - Plays #4 Georgia - if LSU loses, would they still be in Playoffs at #4?
    2 - Ohio - Plays #10 Wisconsin - If Ohio loses, they're out and Wisconsin doesn't get in
    3 - Clemson - Plays #22 Virginia - if Clemson loses they're out (Clemson hasn't lost a game since before last season, still vexxed that they're ranked 3...)
    4 - Georgia - Plays #1 LSU - if they lose they're out, if they win, and Ohio loses, are they #1 or #2?
    5 - Utah - Plays #14 Oregon - Lose and they're out, win and somebody above them loses (except maybe LSU?) and they're in

A top 4 team HAS to lose next week. If favorites win, are we looking at LSU, Ohio, Clemson, Utah? LSU would play Utah and Clemson vs Ohio first Playoff week?

#49 4 years ago

dupe

1 week later
    #65 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sorry Clemson, this is LSU’s year.

Pretty sure LSU won't have a problem with Oklahoma, and if recent history is any indication, same for Clemson vs Ohio. Looking forward to seeing you in the finals, LSU is the only team that makes me nervous as a CLEMSON Tigers fan!

clemson (resized).JPGclemson (resized).JPG
    #70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Uhhh I would be kinda nervous about Ohio St. first. They’re pretty damn good.

Bring it!

CU-Ohio (resized).JPGCU-Ohio (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #75 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Had to watch it delayed and the recording cut off right after Clemson last TD
    But damn that was a game indeed. Even better than at the beginning it looked like it could go the way of the LSU game.

Yeah, I cut cable a little while back and don't have ESPN on any of my streams so actually "watched" it on my phone through CBS sports live that posted text of the plays while they happened and checking twitter. Kinda rough when they post one thing and I react and then it gets reversed 30 seconds later, kind of a roller coaster.

Crazy game, but Clemson was able to hold OSU's offense to mostly FGs which allowed them to claw back later.

Looking forward to a Tigers vs Tigers game!!

#79 4 years ago

Clemson does well shutting down powerful offenses, so I'm guessing on a closer game. Not saying there won't be scoring, but more like 24-35 or a little higher is my guess.

And looking at the above, Clemson has the better looking tiger!

1 week later
    #87 4 years ago

Tik tok, almost time, here we go!

Tigers vs Tigers brawl, one champion! LSU Looks to be mostly favored, looking forward to Clemson proving everyone wrong again!

Let's goooooo...

tigers (resized).JPGtigers (resized).JPG
    #92 4 years ago

Ugh, good game! Clemson had their plan working, then the game turned and they couldn't keep up. That late touchdown which was reversed would have helped, but those plays happen.

Irony is that this was very similar to the Ohio game, except the targeting call, reversed TD, and late momentum all went against Clemson this time around.

Enjoy the NFL Burrow, see ya'll next year!

#98 4 years ago

The way too early top 25 for 2020!

1. Clemson
    2. Georgia
    3. Ohio State
    4. Alabama
    5. Penn State
    6. Oregon
    7. Oklahoma
    8. Florida
    9. Notre Dame
    10. LSU
    11. Minnesota
    12. Cincinnati
    13. Wisconsin
    14. Auburn
    15. Oklahoma State
    16. USC
    17. Memphis
    18. Arizona State
    19. North Carolina
    20. Michigan
    21. Texas
    22. Boise State
    23. Florida State
    24. Purdue
    25. Texas A&M

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/15/early-top-25-rankings-clemson-ohio-state-alabama

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rando.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread?tu=Rando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.