Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,112 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4111 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4110 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4107 (resized).jpeg
    0D3DA938-935B-45A0-A926-B4E4E44DB259 (resized).jpeg
    15269092-36D5-48C3-9AB1-D73311B84BD8 (resized).jpeg
    6DA5673B-5E98-4266-A639-DD92826A5E70 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240108_145651_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_215821_Google (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_125327_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_4400 (resized).jpeg
    20231125_103617.jpg
    PXL_20231115_025950717.MP (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_005809_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Anyone else love college football around here? I did a search and past threads went over like a fart in church, but decided to start one anyways. I’m a Wisconsin Badger fan stuck in the shittiest state in the union and they looked fantastic last night. Currently watching Auburn/Oregon.

#10 4 years ago

Couple of nice games this weekend. We’ll see if Texas is indeed back as big bad LSU comes to town and Clemson/TX A&M should be decent until it’s not.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The usual, letting a super weak ass team hang around all day. Their QB strating off with "heisman buzz" even though I thinks it's kind of accepted he's not good and probably wont stay the starter all year.

I had a buddy who was a huge Michigan fan. This seemed to be the script every year. He would be miserable until they lost their bowl game and would then go back to only being pissed about the Bears.

1 month later
    #38 4 years ago

Man Ohio State’s defense might be the best they’ve had over the last 10 years, and they’ve had some good ones. Absolute beasts at every position.

#39 4 years ago

Badger’s D is no slouch too.

4 weeks later
    #43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This could be a classic Mich trap game.

My thoughts exactly. They’re finally playing good ball but Indiana is pretty good this year. Scored my B1G Championship Game tix this week, need Wis to beat Minnesota next week to get in.

1 week later
    #58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Go ducks![quoted image]

Love conference championship games! Going to the Big Ten tomorrow.

#61 4 years ago

Let’s go Badgers!

B6BADFDF-4F25-4F91-B801-588CFEC902F9 (resized).jpegB6BADFDF-4F25-4F91-B801-588CFEC902F9 (resized).jpeg
    #64 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I watched a lot of the games today and I think I get how this works.
    So the final 4 are now Ohio St, LSU, Clemson, and Oklahoma?
    With later 2 of those 4 teams competing to be the national champ?

Correct.

Quoted from Nevus:

Time for me to show my Tiger Pride.
    Geaux Tigers![quoted image]

They look REALLY good. This final four is gonna be awesome.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Pretty sure LSU won't have a problem with Oklahoma, and if recent history is any indication, same for Clemson vs Ohio. Looking forward to seeing you in the finals, LSU is the only team that makes me nervous as a CLEMSON Tigers fan! [quoted image]

Uhhh I would be kinda nervous about Ohio St. first. They’re pretty damn good.

2 weeks later
    #72 4 years ago

That OSU/Clemson game was legit.

#77 4 years ago

As unbeatable as LSU has looked the last couple games, I’d be inclined to take the 5 1/2 points. Both quarterbacks are ballers, should be great!

#82 4 years ago

Let’s go Badgers! All kinds of weird shit happening in this one.

1 week later
    #91 4 years ago

We’ve got a ballgame.

#97 4 years ago

That LSU offense might be the best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hell that whole team is one of the best I can remember.

8 months later
    #100 3 years ago

Gonna necro/update this old thread to see if anyone cares about college football anymore. This was the first week with some primo games and they all fell flat. I’d kill to go to a college game (or any sport event).

2 weeks later
    #104 3 years ago

Finally! Big 10 football is back. Let’s go Badgers!

1 week later
    #110 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh big 10 football, finally we can get back to the 1 team with a chance league.
    Michigan has 8 qbs on their roster. I dont know what the means but it must be insane

Pretty cool to see my son’s teammate (Henning) getting some touches as a freshman. I can only imagine watching my kid play Big 10 football, I’d be a ball of nerves. Really nice kid too.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

bwahahaa Michigan. Worst caching....EVERY ...YEAR.
    Honest question, you think Harbaugh knewm they were down 10 points at the end?

That was a brutal loss. MSU is horrible. I honestly don’r know what goes through that dude’s head. Every year I think they might finally have it figured out up there and then this always happens. Wtf? In hindsight I guess that. beat down vs. Minn wasn’t that impressive after they lost to Maryland (!!)

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uh huh....

Hmmm....whom's head has rhe problem?

Lol. Well played.

1 week later
    #116 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man and MSU just getting murdered by Iowa.
    This is so great.. I'm getting a Milton jersey after this

Crazy. Do you think when Ohio St. smokes them by 40 Harboob will get axed? Ann Arbor’s gotta be going apeshit at this point.

#117 3 years ago

On a different note, this ND/Clemson game is pretty great. This looks like the first ND team under Brian Kelly that’s ready to play with the big boys.

8 months later
    #122 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Getting wacky.
    Players getting endorsement numbers, Texas & Ok bolting for SEC (allegedly)

As long as they both bolt I’m fine with it. I like rivalries where the teams and fans absolutely hate each other. I know the schools want it for the $ but I can’t imagine the coaches being too keen on joining that meatgrinder.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My first thought as well, but with way more teams making playoffs, they can say they lost to Bama & Clemson instead of Okstate & Tulsa (or whomever is in that league)

True. Wish they would expand to 8 team playoff this year. Also just noticed that Championship game is in Indy this year! Might have to make good on a bucket list entry.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I feel like every championship is in Indy

And I’m ok with that. It’s the perfect city for it because you can walk to all the stadiums/arenas from the downtown area. We’ve been to the Big 10 Champ game 3 times and it’s an amazing weekend. Even with the insufferable Ohio St. fans. The worst.

1 month later
    #128 2 years ago

TheLaw sorry, been asleep at the wheel. College football is back and let’s go!! So here’s where I’m at with college football (pulls up a chair). My son is a freshman playing division III ball downstate at Illinois Wesleyan (D line) and looks like he’s going to rotate into their first game on Saturday. Boing!! Five of his best friends from kindergarten to high school are playing ball (D 1, 2, or 3) and I just watched his best friend catch 4 passes vs Tenn in front of 90,000 fans. So yeah, I’m a bit stoked about 2021 college football. Love the killer games week 1 too! GA v Clem? Yes please. My Badgers v Penn St? Miami v Bama? Keep ‘em coming!

#131 2 years ago

Ohio St looked vulnerable and over-ranked btw.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Damn dude, you're connected!
    Western is getting 17 against Michigan...hmmm.
    EDIT: I hope you didn't have to feed this group for the last 13 years

I did as they were here 3 days a week. Unbelievable how much meat 6 HS kids can eat.

Quoted from DanTheMan:

My Buckeyes had a shakey first half but rolled in the second half. Defense is concerning.
    Hoping Bucky handles Penn St.
    Do you folks think there will be a split in college football conferences? Looked like SEC was making a power play. Big 10, PAC 12, and ACC squashed that. I’m guess NCAA will be no more in 3 years.
    What’s the best stadium experience you’ve had?

I have yet to visit the horseshoe or Ann Arbor but they’re bucket list, especially when they play each other. Games in Madison are amazing. We’ve been going to the Big 10 championship game for a few years now and that’s a pretty great weekend experience. The list of places to go though: Rose Bowl, Death Valley, Iron Bowl, The Swamp, Happy Valley, the list just goes on. College football games are nutso.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

"White out" at night at Beaver Stadium. Notre Dame stadium is 2nd.

My one experience at ND they lost to Duke and I had great seats in the middle of generational season ticket holders. That didn’t go over too well haha. Yeah white out at Happy Valley is always top one or two when the experts are asked this question.

Again, I think we’re all looking for a team who might be able to beat Bama. I liked UGA pre-season to finally win it all (guess I should have posted that last week haha) as I love their D and think Daniels might finally be the guy. My playoff four were: Bama, UGA, Clemson, Wisco (all with one loss and Cinci fans pissed).

#166 2 years ago

I had no idea what you guys were talking about until I Googled it. Good lord is that awful.

#168 2 years ago

Yeah that was hard to read.

#177 2 years ago

Sooo was that Bama/Gators game as good as the score indicates? Just got home and am trying to digest all these scores.

1 week later
    #183 2 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Rushing the field in NC State they just beat Clemson. 2 O/T

Wow

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

So who are the top QBs this year.Have not been overly impressed with any I’ve seen.Spencer Rattler looks like a 2nd round pick to me.

Sounds like his home fans think he’s a second string college QB, yikes. That’s gotta be rough being 19 or 20 and hearing 90,000 of your HOME fans booing you and chanting that they want the freshman backup.

#187 2 years ago

As far as the good QBs supposedly the kid from North Carolina was the best in the preseason. Haven’t seen what he’s been doing. I like JT Daniels from UGA but he’s been just so-so thus far. Rattler was supposed to be a Heisman candidate but …

#193 2 years ago

Some nice games next week:

ND-Cinci
    Bama-Ole Miss
    Ark-UGA
    Mich-Wisco (good call by me on the Badgers making the playoff haha)
    Auburn-LSU (they’re not great but it’s primetime and the booze will be flowing)

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

Looking at Nd schedule, they are capable of running the table. Cinci might be there hardest game left.
    Usc is so so.. unc doesnt look like a threat
    Nd could just keep climbing the rankings
    But That’s why the play the games

I noticed the same thing. Cinci is legit but if they beat them their schedule is definitely much softer than it first looked pre-season and totally winnable . I can also totally see them winning out and a 1 loss SEC team (Bama or Georgia) bumping them out of the playoff picture due to SOS.

2 weeks later
    #205 2 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

Iowa has yet to allow an opposing starting quarterback to finish a game this season.
    6-0. Who'd a thunk it?

That was an old school Big 10 snot knocker, complete with fullbacks! My friend’s kid is 2nd string of 3 fullbacks on Iowa which has to be a modern CFB record. Great games today! Red River game was nutso.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

A tight back-and-forth one going on in Lincoln, NE. Cornhuskers TD just put them ahead of Michigan again, about 7 mins to go.

Yup. Three big upsets (VaTech,A&M,Neb) all happening.

#209 2 years ago

It ain’t over til it’s over. Wolverines are in the red zone now.

Yeah I meant to say “are possible”

#210 2 years ago

I can’t recall a game tied at 29-29 before.

#216 2 years ago

Yes!!! Mich may pull it out yet after Neb fumble.

Wow. Nebraska just finds a new way to lose every week.

#217 2 years ago

Man I legit feel awful for Spencer Rattler. Heismann favorite and projected possible #1 in the draft to booed at home repeatedly and finally benched. Then your replacement that your fans were chanting for all year (freshman) goes in and leads the team to one of the greatest comeback victories in program history. Ouch.

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

At least he can portal to another team.

He’ll probably transfer to Bama and win a national title. They get a lot of shit for bouncing around but they’re kids. They’re playing in front of 100,000 fans but that night they’re drinking Natty Lite and hitting Subway like every other college kid.

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

That weekend had some
    Of the best final
    Minutes so far this year. I enjoyed mich st, mich, Arkansas and tex.
    Funny how some weekends have those
    Kind of Games

No doubt. Also: it may be the weed talking, but I keep imagining your post as if Christopher Walken was reading it the way it was written. It’s perfect!

#230 2 years ago

Sneaky good Wednesday night game going right now. Coastal v Appa St. Hope you like offense. Edit to add and fights! These guys don’t like each other.

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

That was best game of week so far
    Tuff loss for costal. They had a respectable ranking before thar game

It’s always fun debating when those non power 5 conference teams go undefeated into late November, but for the most part they’re usually just really good mid-major teams that have no business being in the top 8. Cinci this year being the exception IMO. That game was a fun one though.

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like a pretty bland weekend; and that's when the trap games strike!

Totally. Have DVR set to record Ok St - Iowa St as Cyclones have a history of knocking off top 10 teams right about now. Also haven’t seen them play, but OK St is apparently an elite defense?

#237 2 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Iowa State will get rocked. The only team in OSU's way now is OU.

You think? I’ve only seen Iowa State play vs Iowa week 1. Cyclones -7 seems like a fishy line.

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

That’s the craziest line of the weekend.
    Something definitely is on the downlow regarding this game. Just looking at it I would never have guessed Iowa st would be a td favorite.

They’re an unranked team and beat the #8 team in the country but didn’t cover? What the …? Has that ever happened?

#256 2 years ago

All those who predicted Pitt playing Wake Forest in the ACC title game raise your hand. Liar! Yeah Pitt has been playing good ball. Pickett looks like the real deal.

2 weeks later
    #265 2 years ago

Purdue beating MSU was the least surprising upset in recent memory. They do this almost every year in early November. MSU had no business being in the top 5.

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Right behind Iowa.

As a top 4 team, no way. But these rankings are always placeholders anyway. They know all the division games are coming up and it'll work itself out.

Be pretty cool if Purdue could knock off OSU next weekend for the trifecta. Can’t believe the Badgers did a complete Lazarus and are now frontrunners to win the west division. Should be a fun finish for the Big 10.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Future upsets schedule: Oregon's best upset chance is away at Utah in 2 weeks. Oklahoma's got a good chance to lose at least one of the Baylor and OKST games. Cincy will probably win out, but it won't matter. Ohio State has 3 toughies in a row with Purdue and the two Michigans, likely to lose one of them; if they survive all three, they're a lock for a playoff spot. If Michigan beats OSU, they might get in over MSU with a better win and a less-bad loss despite head to head. Georgia is a lock even if they lose to Alabama in the conference title game, I don't see them losing before that. Alabama is in if they win out, maybe still in if they only lose to Georgia and keep it close, especially so if Oregon and or Oklahoma lose.
    Of course I'd rather something weird happened, like Alabama losing before meeting Georgia. We'll see.

I’ve seen Utah play a couple times and they looked pretty damn good to me. Not sure if it was just because their Pac 12 competition blows, but they looked like a team that could definitely knock off Oregon who looked great vs Ohio St and very average since. Again, Georgia is the only team that has wowed me this year and agree that Ok and OSU will likely lose over the next three weeks.

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Fake FG on the 3...this is the problem with him.

Yeah he’s gone from “please don’t leave us for the NFL” to “GTFOH” in a hurry. He’ll be on the hot seat if they finish out of the top 25 again this year.

1 week later
    #278 2 years ago

Yeah I think you could say that OSU came to play today. Yikes. Their offense is just lethal.

#285 2 years ago

Yeah Oregon has no business being in the playoff. Not surprised they got rolled by Utah at all. Was really hoping to go to the Big 10 Championship game and not having to deal with all the Ohio State mouth breathers again but…..I guess OH-IO is in my future again unless….could this be the year?

1 week later
    #356 2 years ago

Michigan O-line was so impressive. Not sure if they can do that against a defense like Georgia but I think they’re in the top 4. Cool seeing local kid AJ Henning taking it to the house. Was hoping Bama would shit the bed to totally shake everything up. Speaking of shitting the bed, wtf Badgers? I have 1.Georgia 2.Bama 3.Cinci 4.Mich

#383 2 years ago

Oh my, now I see why he left: from Twitter

Lincoln Riley USC contract details (not confirmed; best I could do):
    - $110 million
    - USC buying both his homes in Norman for $500,000 over asking ($1 million bonus)
    - Buying a $6 million home in LA for him
    - Unlimited use of the private jet 24/7 for family

#388 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Absolutely and Alabama can lose to Georgia. Even Georgia can lose to Alabama. All kinds of crazy outcomes but unimportant.

Uhhh, you sure?

#401 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Nice job tonight by the Utes, totally spanking the %^*^%&$ duckies 38-10. After seeing the lunatic stuff proposed at O this week, I was hoping they'd get their butts kicked. Welcome to the Rose Bowl, Utah! You deserve it.

Not sure how they’ve lost 3 games because for some reason I’ve seen Utah play a lot this year and they’ve absolutely bullied every team in the games I’ve watched. Cool for them to get to play in the Rose Bowl. So I guess they’ll play Ohio State if Mich beats Iowa? Iowa if they win tomorrow?

#455 2 years ago

Good lord did Bama look good today, and put that Heisman in the back of the El Camino and drive it to Tuscaloosa tonight. That kid is a baller. I can’t stand UM but this team is very impressive and somehow might have a chance? How the hell did this happen? They were brutal last year.

#460 2 years ago

Jim Harbaugh changed much of the coaching staff. I think new DC has made a big difference this season.

We have a local kid who committed there in 2019 over Ohio St, Bama etc and we asked him why and he said “you’ll see”. I guess we’re seeing why.

3 weeks later
    #479 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man that Tennessee Purdue call was a little iffy,
    But that's the problem with forward progress, which other than spotting a ball and false starts, is the most widely varied call

Yeah I was really confused when they said “it’s irrelevant when the whistle was blown”. So why did it go to review? How were they going to rule against what was called on the field? Great game though. Go Badgers.

#480 2 years ago

You think Blue can shock the world tomorrow ? As fun as the 48-45 games are, I LOVE a 10-6 game where the two teams just beat the shit out of each other which is what everyone expects. So guaranteed 34-31 final.

#484 2 years ago

Alright…let’s go! I think Cinci keeps it close early but Bama pulls away late and covers (12.5). I like UM to cover (+7.5) and the under (46) in a brawler.

#487 2 years ago

Man, say what you want about Bill O’Brien as a head coach/GM, dude is a master offensive coordinator. That drive was about as good as it gets.

#490 2 years ago

Good to see Cinci can take a punch.

#492 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

About to see if they can take another one

Yup. You’re not gonna beat Bama with field goals though.

#494 2 years ago

That might be all she wrote.

#497 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Kind of as expected, nice to see a mid major get a chance though

Just glad they didn’t get totally rolled. The gap is closing, but beating Notre Dame (Cinci’s best win) in October and beating Alabama in the CFP are totally different. I just don’t know how a non-power 5 team can prepare for these matchups. It’ll happen one day though.

#505 2 years ago

If you follow college football outside of FBS you’ll notice that every division has its Alabama. I think ND State has won the FCS national title like 9 of the last 10 years. It’s tough to derail those monster programs when they just keep reloading 5 star kids every year. Even the 3rd stringers are HS All-Americans.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Smoke them like Mexican Brown...damn those were the days.

Yes they were. I quit when brown brick was still the norm in the early 90s and came out of hibernation about 10 years ago and holy shit did I get t-boned by modern bud. Still trying to get used to it.

#508 2 years ago

Uh oh. I think the Dawgs want a rematch. Damn.

#510 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, so they can shrivel against Alabama like they always do.

Maybe. But this is the best of the recent Georgia teams IMO and think they have a good shot.

#512 2 years ago

How was that interception not dpi?

Yeah that was brutal.

Georgia D line is just nuts. Surprised they’re not going with McCarthy at this point.

#513 2 years ago

Now that he’s in he needs to start sliding or he’s gonna be dead.

#519 2 years ago

Yeah shit I need a smoke after that Rose Bowl, what a game!

#520 2 years ago

I think JSN moved himself in front of the 2 opt out WRs for the draft.

1 week later
    #526 2 years ago

Georgia was my preseason pick and I’m sticking with ‘em. 27-24 Dawgs

2 weeks later
    #533 2 years ago

I had the 4 team underdog money line parlay last week. 39-1 and those last 13 seconds and Mahomes are gonna haunt me for the rest of my life! I like the Niners to win outright and Chiefs -7. Good luck.

#535 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Ouch. That’s painful.
    Niners have had the Rams number lately, but did you see how their two best players limped off the field at the end of that game last week?

Seems like Deebo is good to go but yeah, Trent Williams is a concern (I assume that’s who you meant). Niners are nasty on both sides of the ball and I just think their offense with that screen game gives LA fits.

7 months later
    #544 1 year ago

Love the way week 1 is scheduled with games Wed-Monday with quite a few tasty ones. The fact that 2 v 5 in week one reinforces the feeling that there’s Bama, OSU, UGA then…………………………………..the rest. Looking for an underdog that can sneak into the playoff and shock the world and my best bet I can find is Utah at 50-1. I’m going with it. Man I kinda forgot about that Utah/OSU Rose Bowl last year, holy shit was that epic!

#550 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Love the way week 1 is scheduled with games Wed-Monday with quite a few tasty ones. The fact that 2 v 5 in week one reinforces the feeling that there’s Bama, OSU, UGA then…………………………………..the rest. Looking for an underdog that can sneak into the playoff and shock the world and my best bet I can find is Utah at 50-1. I’m going with it. Man I kinda forgot about that Utah/OSU Rose Bowl last year, holy shit was that epic!

Well so much for that haha.

#551 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I love it everytime Scott Frost loses; and it happens a lot.

I feel the same way about Brian Kelly. College football is loaded with douchebag coaches but he’s the king IMO.

#553 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

College football is like the ents in lord of the rings or Major League Baseball. They know stuff needs to change, they take forever to actually decide on change, and then the most frustrating part, once they decide on change, they take years and years to actually implement the change.
    Seriously, pro football decides on a rules change in the offseason and then it gets implemented the following season.
    College football decides on expanding the playoffs in order to save itself from the 4 team sec dominated snoozefest that gives us regular season out of conference Alabama vs Sisters of the Poor or Alabama vs The Fighting Amish. Yet they decide the earliest it can be implemented is 2026? Stop it. Just stop. Work this shit out for next year.

They need time to make sure they max out their profits. As much as I love college football, it’s more of a money grab than the NFL at this point. I say when they go to 16 teams you take a slice of the billion$ the NCAA and the schools will rake and make it a Calcutta where the kids on the underdog teams get paid 2-8x more than the favorites depending on their seeding if they win in each round.

1 month later
    #588 1 year ago

I’m starting to come back around on Illinois football after a nasty break-up. The Brett Bielema hiring was the smartest thing that school has done in over 20 yrs. Illinois needs to be like Wisconsin and recruit the midwest for offensive and defensive linemen and linebackers and be a “punch people in the mouth” team, and Bielema is doing that. Stop trying to recruit like you’re Ohio St or Michigan. You’re not. Stop trying to get kids to come to Champagne/Urbana from California and Florida.

3 weeks later
    #623 1 year ago

Man Tennessee looks like they’re ready to sit at the table don’t they? GOTY next Saturday.

3 weeks later
    #642 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Mich OSU is coming up shortly. With Blake Corum I think Mich can do the same thing as last year and run it right down their throats and win.
    OSU can peter out on Offense and they don't get the ball a lot they can be stale and sputter out. Harballs obviously been keeping his offense vanilla as shit so he can open a totally look this game and surprise them. Even if JJ can throw, which is kind of unkown, the WR are pretty shit and don;t help much. Mich DBs don;t have much so you figure a massive advantage on the other side.
    Word is Corum is not playing though, so OSU by 24.
    If Corum plays I think Michigan could do it; so in that case I'll only say OSU by 12.

Agreed on all counts. Especially how if Corum plays that Mich has a really good shot of repeating 2021 but if not they might get rolled. He’s the one guy in CFB I can think of that matters more than the QB, and I think JJ is going to a stud. Should be a great game. Day hired the D coordinator from the other OSU just to make sure Michigan wouldn’t run all over them like last year but Mich running game looks even better than 2021. Everything else points to OSU though. I say 24-21 OSU.

1 week later
    #730 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shocking to no one that the Playoff is officially gone to 12 teams in 2024.
    For me this is just too much and too dumb. You have a small chance OSU could sneak in the Playoff after getting manhandled by Michigan and get a rematch (they don;t deserve.) this is going to happen a lot with 12 teams and it will matter less for loses since you can throw in all the 2 loss SEC teams.
    But maybe I'm wrong and it will be great. Maybe trying to avoid kids not playing in bowl games...but this seems like it would hurt bowl games numbers in general? or maybe the playoff starts early and those teams go to bowl games? Just more chance for upsets I guess?

I’m stoked. I have high hopes that it’ll be the football equivalent of March Madness which is the greatest of all sports playoffs IMO even though I’d rather watch football than basketball by a wide margin. It might lessen the conference champ/rivalry week games a bit for the fans but I’m pretty sure it won’t for the kids playing. No Michigan or OSU player will ever shrug off a loss in that game knowing that they’ll still make the 12 team playoff.

3 weeks later
    #754 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess a 500 Wisconsin bowl game vs 7-6 OSU shouldn't be that exciting but FFS OSU entire team left on the portal; what. Shitshow

Yeah that was a weird one. Fickell hired a couple weeks ago and decides to coach the team in the bowl, OSU kids bailing to the portal left and right leading up to the game.

Also, didn’t Maye (NC) declare he’s going into the portal ? He’s balling out like crazy in this bowl game vs. Ore. Confusing times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chisox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread?tu=Chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.