Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,112 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4111 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4110 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4107 (resized).jpeg
    0D3DA938-935B-45A0-A926-B4E4E44DB259 (resized).jpeg
    15269092-36D5-48C3-9AB1-D73311B84BD8 (resized).jpeg
    6DA5673B-5E98-4266-A639-DD92826A5E70 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240108_145651_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_215821_Google (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_125327_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_4400 (resized).jpeg
    20231125_103617.jpg
    PXL_20231115_025950717.MP (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_005809_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.
    #401 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Nice job tonight by the Utes, totally spanking the %^*^%&$ duckies 38-10. After seeing the lunatic stuff proposed at O this week, I was hoping they'd get their butts kicked. Welcome to the Rose Bowl, Utah! You deserve it.

Not sure how they’ve lost 3 games because for some reason I’ve seen Utah play a lot this year and they’ve absolutely bullied every team in the games I’ve watched. Cool for them to get to play in the Rose Bowl. So I guess they’ll play Ohio State if Mich beats Iowa? Iowa if they win tomorrow?

#402 2 years ago

Baylor taking it to OK ST right now, that'll help Cincy's playoff chances if they win.

Yes, I'd expect to see Ohio State in Pasadena if Michigan wins, can't not pick Iowa if they win.

#403 2 years ago

Wow that was an insane close ending.
    Guess its not a penalty calling a TO if you don't have one.

#404 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow that was an insane close ending.
    Guess its not a penalty calling a TO if you don't have one.

I thought the same thing. I'm a Baylor fan and thought we just blew the game by doing that. The bears tried very hard to lose that game. What a finish.

#405 2 years ago

That was exciting, but I’ve already reached that level in the GA/AL game. 17-17 at halftime and imagine this is going to go down to the last play. AL has come alive and is playing strong. Georgia looks like it is on top of its game too. Won’t matter who wins, they will both remain in the top 4.

Funny - if AL wins (I have said I am strongly expecting GA to win) then I believe the final 4 order would be AL, MI, GA, CI. Otherwise we will stay with GA, MI, AL and CI. Doesn’t matter if Cincinnati loses, they will have only 1 loss and belong in the top 4. Same thing if MI loses with 2 losses they are better than Norte Dame with 1 loss and so they belong in the top 4. Maybe they go to 4th and Cincinnati is third.

#406 2 years ago

I dont think Bama is leaving the top 4, no matter what

#407 2 years ago

And Michigan would be out if they lose to Iowa, ND has a shot

#408 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont think Bama is leaving the top 4, no matter what

Possibly. It would be the first 2 loss team to make it.

#409 2 years ago

Nice to look at rankings weekly. GA, AL and CI were always top 10 teams and MI joined the top 25 in week 2. Ask yourself something, after 12 week’s with GA, AL and CI being in the top 10 and then top 5, do you think one game at the end of the regular season, a game to celebrate who won the divisions, that a loss would push one of them out of the final 4? No way. And then ask yourself if MI, who made the top 4 and deserves it, were to lose, would they be put below ND whose coach is gone? No way. There really is no conceivable way that any of the top 4 teams won’t be the final 4 teams next week.

0914B454-5F73-4129-8949-FF8D7531D39B.jpeg0914B454-5F73-4129-8949-FF8D7531D39B.jpegC7345682-451E-4884-98D7-4D208836EE82.pngC7345682-451E-4884-98D7-4D208836EE82.png10245EE5-7C13-4DD7-AC82-63C5D176F65C.jpeg10245EE5-7C13-4DD7-AC82-63C5D176F65C.jpeg

#410 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nice to look at rankings weekly. GA, AL and CI were always top 10 teams and MI joined the top 20 in week 2. Ask yourself something, after 12 week’s with GA, AL and CI being in the top 10 and then top 5, do you think one game at the end of the regular season, a game to celebrate who won the divisions, that a loss would push one of them out of the final 4? No way. And then ask yourself if MI, who made the top 4 and deserves it, were to lose, would they be put below ND whose coach is gone? No way. There really is no conceivable way that any of the top 4 teams won’t be the final 4 teams next week.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is absolutely no way Michigan is in if they lose. Alabama possibly

#411 2 years ago

Your take on conference championships not meaning anything is absurd, otherwise there would be a 2 loss team in every year, which has never happened.

#412 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Possibly. It would be the first 2 loss team to make it.

That's OK, always a first.

#413 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's OK, always a first.

Looking like it won’t matter, their taking it to Georgia

#414 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Your take on conference championships not meaning anything is absurd, otherwise there would be a 2 loss team in every year, which has never happened.

They are very bizarre hot takes for sure. Thinking Mich would stay in the top 4 with a loss; just weird.

#415 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They are very bizarre hot takes for sure. Thinking Mich would stay in the top 4 with a loss; just weird.

All they have to do is win, and we all expect and hope they do. But should they lose …. it’s alright. I almost want them to lose so we can see, but not really. They are a great team and they should win.

#416 2 years ago

All they have to do is win, and we all expect and hope they do. But should they lose …. it’s alright.

I think they’ll win as well, although it is Michigan and Harbaugh.

#417 2 years ago

I almost want them to lose so we can see, but not really.

I mean there are literally hundreds of people on TV talking aboot this...it isn't a mystery

Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think they’ll win as well, although it is Michigan and Harbaugh.

I expect it to go just like MSU's playoffs. They'll make it in and then get trucked.

Of course it is possible they blow it tonight...god that would be hilarious.

#418 2 years ago

Is Arkansas GA’s best win this year?

#419 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Is Arkansas GA’s best win this year?

Or Clemson

#420 2 years ago

AL, GA, Cincy are locks now. MI in if they win, ND if MI loses.

#421 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

AL, GA, Cincy are locks now. MI in if they win, ND if MI loses.

I think you’re right, but it’s so dumb to have two teams that just played each other to both be in.

#422 2 years ago

If they're the beat 2 teams its fine.

So does Bama jump UM for #1 if they win?

#423 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If they're the beat 2 teams its fine.
    So does Bama jump UM for #1 if they win?

I bet they avoid making bama 1 and GA 4. GA finally played a top ten team and got run over. Looks like bama has a strong chance to win the title in a “rebuilding” year. Saban is unreal.

#424 2 years ago

I think Bama has to be 1

#425 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think Bama has to be 1

Agreed, beating the consensus 1 by three scores should earn the top spot.

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think Bama has to be 1

Never mind the conference championship doesn’t mean anything, nobody will move spots.

#427 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Never mind the conference championship doesn’t mean anything, nobody will move spots.

Ah thats right, I forgot they are locked.
    I dont know why all the announcers dont know these facts.

#428 2 years ago

All you have to do is wait until Dec 31st and see for yourself. But next week’s CFB poll will confirm it. Conference championships do matter, but only for spots #5-20. I don’t agree with it but I think that is what it has become, so I am only noticing the pattern.

#429 2 years ago

I may actually root for Michigan, I hate ND so much.

#430 2 years ago

All you have to do is wait until Dec 31st and see for yourself. But next week’s CFB poll will confirm it. Conference championships do matter, but only for spots #5-20. I don’t agree with it but I think that is what it has become, so I am only noticing the pattern.

So are you saying Georgia will remain #1?

#431 2 years ago

Please stop

#432 2 years ago

Kenny Pickett with a huge run on the opening drive of Pitt-Wake, but Wake is marching down the field and looks like they may answer.

#433 2 years ago

Just to show you evidence that championship week absolutely matters. 2018 season/2019 playoff, Georgia was #4 going into the sec championship game. They lost to Alabama and dropped to #5. Oklahoma won the big 12 championship and moved into the #4 spot making the playoff. OU was previously ranked #5.

#434 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

So are you saying Georgia will remain #1?

No only that the top 4 stay the same. So it will be AL, MI, GA and CI as I stated should AL win. The only slight controversy will be how the committee can rank GA ahead of CI. The obvious answer is they don’t want the first game to be a repeat of SEC game. Looks like MI will win and so no controversies about whether a 2 loss team belonged. (AL or MI would have been the latest opportunity to test the theory).

#435 2 years ago

5 $ ( 4 )team parlay to.win 235$
    Baylor win straight up ...check ..whew close
    Louisiana Lafayette win straight up ..check
    Alabama win straight up .check
    Wake forest win straight up...we will see haha.

#436 2 years ago

No only that the top 4 stay the same. So it will be AL, MI, GA and CI as I stated should AL win. The only slight controversy will be how the committee can rank GA ahead of CI. The obvious answer is they don’t want the first game to be a repeat of SEC game. Looks like MI will win and so no controversies about whether a 2 loss team belonged. (AL or MI would have been the latest opportunity to test the theory).

There’s no theory. You’re just predicting that the top 4 will remain unchanged after championship week, which is fine and can happen. But stop acting like you found this secret code that championship week doesn’t matter for the top 4 teams.

#437 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

There’s no theory. You’re just predicting that the top 4 will remain unchanged after championship week, which is fine and can happen. But stop acting like you found this secret code that championship week doesn’t matter for the top 4 teams.

It is not secret and it looks like it worked. But we don’t know why because all the circumstances worked out in a way not to test the theory.

#438 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Just to show you evidence that championship week absolutely matters. 2018 season/2019 playoff, Georgia was #4 going into the sec championship game. They lost to Alabama and dropped to #5. Oklahoma won the big 12 championship and moved into the #4 spot making the playoff. OU was previously ranked #5.

I note your observation about 2018 season is correct. I printed the cfp ranking for final two weeks of the season. Looking from a distance I can say it looks to me like positions 4,5,6 and 7 are virtually tied for forth going into the final week. It is close and after the last week they are all 2 loss teams.

Oops, didn’t someone say a 2 loss team had never made the top 4? WTF happened a 2 loss team made it? Didn’t someone established that as a fact earlier? Something weird is going on now watch here. Going into final week, Teams 2,3 and 4 all LOSE their conference finals. The rankings kept teams 2 & 3 and dumped Team 4. But I believe this is only because OK was virtually tied and not locked in.

DCAB57E1-7B28-4AF4-A6BC-5186D8BA1931.jpegDCAB57E1-7B28-4AF4-A6BC-5186D8BA1931.jpeg

#439 2 years ago

I note your observation about 2018 season is correct. I printed the cfp ranking for final two weeks of the season. Looking from a distance I can say it looks to me like positions 4,5,6 and 7 are virtually tied for forth going into the final week. It is close and after the last week they are all 2 loss teams.
    Oops, didn’t someone say a 2 loss team had never made the top 4? WTF happened a 2 loss team made it? Didn’t someone established that as a fact earlier?
    [quoted image]

Nice try buddy. GA wasn’t in the playoff that year. No two loss team has ever made the playoff. Now you’re trying to say that teams 4 5 6 and 7 were tied that year. Keep stretching

#440 2 years ago

Oops, didn’t someone say a 2 loss team had never made the top 4? WTF happened a 2 loss team made it? Didn’t someone established that as a fact earlier? Something weird is going on now watch here. Going into final week, Teams 2,3 and 4 all LOSE their conference finals. The rankings kept teams 2 & 3 and dumped Team 4. But I believe this is only because OK was virtually tied and not locked in.
    [quoted image]

Also your theory is wrong in 2017 too. Big shake up after championship week. This is fun

#442 2 years ago

[quoted image]

2014 and 2015 too. Some theory

#443 2 years ago

I think this would be the first year that the same 4 going in to conference championship weekend would be the same 4 afterwards, haha. If Michigan wins of course.

#444 2 years ago

I am going to have to see some evidence. Going back to 2018 chart above, I was previously pointing to wrong weeks by one week. So GA did not have 2 losses going into CFP only 1. So week 14 is next to last week of ranking.

LSU, OSU and Clemson in top 3 spots. Number 4 is GA with 1 loss (hidden by pointer). Number 5 & 6 have 1 loss. One might say teams 4,5 and 6 are virtually tied at 1 loss and maybe that spot is not locked in. Then week 15 hits and 2 of the 3 teams lose and this leaves 1 team with 1 loss. They go to the final forth spot. I don’t see 2018 as challenging the theory. Team 4 did change but was it really team 4? Yes, so a conference game did make a difference in the top 4.

But remember I also said that in the case of indecisiveness that the conference game should be used to determine the winner. That is written right in the rules. And that is the one exception I support for using conference game to determine a single spot in the top 4. They did it that year and I think it was right to do. And it fits the theory.

For 2021 there are zero barbs to deviate from theory as all 4 teams deserved to be there in the minds of the committee IMO based on their records going into final week AND given there were no spots in question that required the championship to determine if the team belongs. That is my opinion and one I think the committee shares. The results of championships will always be used to reorder the top 4 teams into spots #1-4.

#445 2 years ago

I am going to have to see some evidence. Going back to 2018 above, I was pointing to wrong weeks by one week. Ok 14?
    LSU OSU and Clemson in top 3 spots. Number 4 is GA with 1 loss. Number 5 & 6 have 1 loss. One might say teams 4,5 and 6 are virtually tied at 1 loss and maybe that spot is not locked in. Then week 15 hits and 2 of the 3 teams lose and leave 1 team with 1 loss. They go to the final forth spot. I don’t see this year as really challenging the theory. Team 4 did change but was it really team 4? yes so a conference game did make a difference in the top 4.
    But remember I also said that in the case of indecisiveness that the conference game should be used to determine the winner. That is written right in the rules. And that is the one exception I support for using conference game to determine a single spot in the top 4. They did it and I think it was right to do. And it fits the theory.

You just admitted your theory was wrong and then at the same time said it was correct because #4 was an indecisive pick. Hahahahaha.
    What about 2014, 2015, and 2017? Stretch Armstrong in the house!

#446 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

You just admitted your theory was wrong and then at the same time said it was correct because #4 was an indecisive pick. Hahahahaha.
    What about 2014, 2015, and 2017? Stretch Armstrong in the house!

You brought up 2018 and I concluded the theory is in tact and it held. If you want to disprove then simply provide a chart with data. But 2018 is ok and 2021 is ok. Now where is the problem? Don’t shout out a year. Show the table and let’s look at it. We need final 2 weeks of cfp ranking. I have every reason to disprove the theory, I just want to see where it is broken.

#447 2 years ago

You brought up 2018 and I concluded the theory is in tact and it held. If you want to disprove then simply provide a chart with data. But 2018 is ok and 2021 is ok. Now where is the problem? Don’t shout out a year. Show the table and let’s look at it. I have every reason to disprove the theory, I just want to see where it is broken.

You told us last week that championship week has no impact on the top 4 ranked teams going into championship week. 2018 does disprove your “theory”. Because of the conference championship games that year, the top 4 changed. OU got in and GA dropped out. What am I missing here.

2014 Ohio state got in after winning the big 10.
    2015 undefeated Iowa dropped out of the top 4 because they lost the big 10 championship
    2017 Wisconsin and Auburn lost there conference championship games and both dropped out of the top 4.

I’m done with this. Have these fit your “theory”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings

#448 2 years ago

Back to the action, it looks like Michigan’s doing a good job getting to Petras so far this half.

#449 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Back to the action, it looks like Michigan’s doing a good job getting to Petras so far this half.

This looks like UM playing the Loins.

#450 2 years ago

That stop on 4th and 3 was huge.

There are 1,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.