Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,112 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4106 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4111 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4108 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4110 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4107 (resized).jpeg
    0D3DA938-935B-45A0-A926-B4E4E44DB259 (resized).jpeg
    15269092-36D5-48C3-9AB1-D73311B84BD8 (resized).jpeg
    6DA5673B-5E98-4266-A639-DD92826A5E70 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240108_145651_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240101_215821_Google (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_125327_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_4400 (resized).jpeg
    20231125_103617.jpg
    PXL_20231115_025950717.MP (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_005809_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 1,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
    #1 4 years ago

Anyone else love college football around here? I did a search and past threads went over like a fart in church, but decided to start one anyways. I’m a Wisconsin Badger fan stuck in the shittiest state in the union and they looked fantastic last night. Currently watching Auburn/Oregon.

#2 4 years ago

Looks my CAL Bears are going to roll this year! Very dominant win over UC Davis in the opener! Gonna mess up the Dawgs next week in Seattle!

All joking aside, I’m very happy with Justin Wilcox as our HC, and I do expect to surprise some folks this year. I’m psyched for the season. Our season. I could care less about the professional grade teams. Plus, I think the SEC is overrated and the Pac 12 gets no respect. Of course, then Oregon goes out and fucks the dog!

Wish the Rose Bowl was still Pac versus Big. But oh well.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Anyone else love college football around here?

Looking forward to another year of Overrated Michigan getting their ass wHipped; they looked like shit yesterday. I can never decide whether I like them to lose early to get it over with, or trick everyone into thinking they're good and getting blowed-out at the end.
    I think Wisconson should dispatch them in a few weeks though.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looking forward to another year of Overrated Michigan getting their ass wHipped; they looked like shit yesterday. I can never decide whether I like them to lose early to get it over with, or trick everyone into thinking they're good and getting blowed-out at the end.
    I think Wisconson should dispatch them in a few weeks though.

My Cal Bears got two scores from Kekoa Crawford, a WR transfer from Michigan. He looks talented, athletic and polished. So what happened at Michigan?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So what happened at Michigan?

The usual, letting a super weak ass team hang around all day. Their QB strating off with "heisman buzz" even though I thinks it's kind of accepted he's not good and probably wont stay the starter all year.

#6 4 years ago
    D9A37EDB-EE48-4E10-AE92-D2E1B0EE3F35 (resized).pngD9A37EDB-EE48-4E10-AE92-D2E1B0EE3F35 (resized).png
    #7 4 years ago

Longhorn fan here. LSU- please be gentle Saturday. I don’t know how many more sucky seasons I can take.

#8 4 years ago

Clemson’s only loss in two years. Lets go SU !!!!!!!

8FCB016E-9340-45C9-94AB-C5D501102167 (resized).jpeg8FCB016E-9340-45C9-94AB-C5D501102167 (resized).jpeg
    #9 4 years ago

My Clemson Tigers look they'll win everything again, and I'll have to root for them despite my obnoxious, petty coach who I'm really kind of sick of and an entire corrupt culture that makes the pros look better every year.

But hey what are you gonna do. When I was attending Clemson my Tigers were getting my ass kicked 57-0 by the likes of Bobby Bowden so I can't help but smile now that I am the giant orange gorilla stomping all in my wake.

I'm really not a huge fan of college football, at least since I graduated college, but I can only imagine the parties around there these days. We used to go insane for Peach Bowl wins.

#10 4 years ago

Couple of nice games this weekend. We’ll see if Texas is indeed back as big bad LSU comes to town and Clemson/TX A&M should be decent until it’s not.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The usual, letting a super weak ass team hang around all day. Their QB strating off with "heisman buzz" even though I thinks it's kind of accepted he's not good and probably wont stay the starter all year.

I had a buddy who was a huge Michigan fan. This seemed to be the script every year. He would be miserable until they lost their bowl game and would then go back to only being pissed about the Bears.

2 weeks later
    #11 4 years ago

Going a hard beat down on Mich today. Also calling a fake qb injury to start McCaffery in the 2nd half

#12 4 years ago

Wow so far TheLaw is 100% on predictions... impressive!
    I attended both schools so although hard for me to watch, either way I get a small victory.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Going a hard beat down on Mich today. Also calling a fake qb injury to start McCaffery in the 2nd half

Pretty close.

#14 4 years ago

Chisox, Wisconsin looks like the real deal.

Smothering UM and I watched them crush my USF Bulls. They should be top 5 IMO

#15 4 years ago

By the way college football > NFL.

#16 4 years ago

Team is so obvious it's painful. If a Jackwagon like me csn tell you all this shit you'd think all the other coaches know. I mean his dumb ass old school FB run everyone knew was coming and he fumbled it. 5 minutes in game over... I love it.

#17 4 years ago

Yea, we suck this year. Should have lost to Army two weeks ago. They will not beat a ranked team this year.

#18 4 years ago

Haha and then Wisconsin RB draw for td to rub a deck in Harbaughs face.

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Yea, we suck this year.

Theyve sucked every year for over a decade.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Chisox, Wisconsin looks like the real deal.
    Smothering UM and I watched them crush my USF Bulls. They should be top 5 IMO

Alright! Let’s go BULLS! Looks like a rough year though

7062E60E-4CB3-4C13-A580-7D16505D802A (resized).png7062E60E-4CB3-4C13-A580-7D16505D802A (resized).png
    #20 4 years ago

Uff I hate Michigan and I didn't like that hit at all.

#21 4 years ago

I'm a college football fan. I enjoy seeing which teams overachieve and which teams underachieve. Enjoy the trick plays, punt returns and kickoff returns. Like how hard the players try.

The four teams I follow for college football and basketball are:
    Purdue Boilermakers (I grew up in W Laf, IN, and my Dad taught/worked there)
    Indiana Hoosiers (grad school at IU NW campus, Gary, IN)
    Univ of Louisiana at Laf - Ragin Cajuns (undergrad, BSME, and have lived down here for years)
    LSU Tigers (good football team most years and exciting to watch)

I've long accepted the fact that Purdue and Indiana are better in basketball than football.
    Purdue is good in football when they have a great QB (Len Dawson, Bob Griese, Mike Phipps, Drew Brees),
    (should I also mention Jim Everett & Gary Danielson?)

#22 4 years ago

Notre Dame is doing good again this year. Irish are favored to win by 10-1/2 to 12-1/2 points over UVA.
    Shes_trying-ND-cheerleader (resized).pngShes_trying-ND-cheerleader (resized).png

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Notre Dame is doing good again this year. Irish are favored to win by 10-1/2 to 12-1/2 points over UVA.
    [quoted image]

Parents must be so proud!

#24 4 years ago

I had never paid attention to college football until probably back around 2002. I was channel surfing and found a Miami(OH) game, and they kept talking about the QB, big Ben. They had entertaining questions for fellow students about trying to spell his last name.

It kind of hit me then how college players are the next NFL stars, and I became a lot more interested in watching college games.

Hell, for years now I even try to watch the NFL draft to see if any players I enjoyed on college got picked high up, and to what team, but that mess is so slow and drawn out I usually just google the results the next day.

Quoted from Chisox:

Anyone else love college football around here? I did a search and past threads went over like a fart in church, but decided to start one anyways.

I am in on keeping your thread alive if I have anything to add.

#25 4 years ago

Mich St plays at Oh St Sat night (ABC tv), and Oh St is favored by 20, with the over/under at 49 points.

Seems like it would be good to take Mich St and the 20 points. Mich St is ranked 25th, so they must be pretty good, eh?

Disclosure: I'm not a Buckeyes fan, and want Mich St to win, or at least for Mich St to lose by 19 or less.

#26 4 years ago

Mich St plays at Oh St Sat night (ABC tv), and Oh St is favored by 20, with the over/under at 49 points.
    Seems like it would be good to take Mich St and the 20 points. Mich St is ranked 25th, so they must be pretty good, eh?

Problem is State's Defense is not as good as it is supposed to be and their offense is every bit as bad as it should be.
    Until last week Indiana, MSU had some crazy stat where they led the nation in holding teams under 30 points....for like 25+ games or something; and I think they were right at a .500 record at that point so that tells you their offense is atrocious.
    That's a lot of points for sure, but have you seen OSU? Fucking scary.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But hey what are you gonna do. When I was attending Clemson my Tigers were getting my ass kicked 57-0 by the likes of Bobby Bowden so I can't help but smile now that I am the giant orange gorilla stomping all in my wake.

I hear that, what years were you there?

I was a Freshman in 1988 which was a great year (think we topped out at #4 ranking) but ended with the infamous "Fumble Rooskie" play that broke our hearts. Seemed to get a little worse each year after that until recent dominance.

Week off this week then more payback for FSU. Go Tigers!

#28 4 years ago

Is anyone else rooting for Iowa Hawkeyes to beat the Wolverines in Michigan this Sat?
    Mich is only favored by 3-1/2 points.

Mich has a tough schedule again this year, with 6 of the 12 games against good teams ranked in the top 25.

#29 4 years ago

From looking at Purdue's remaining schedule, it seems like the best they can do is to finish 6 and 6 and get an invite to a lower tier bowl game.

Boilermakers will probably finish up worse than 6 and 6, and not get to a bowl game.

Looks like Indiana Hoosiers have a decent chance of making it to a bowl game this year. They are currently 3 and 2, and their remaining schedule is not that bad with only 2 more games against top teams that they will likely lose to (Penn St and Mich). Go Hoosiers!

#30 4 years ago

Is anyone else rooting for Iowa Hawkeyes to beat the Wolverines in Michigan this Sat?
    Mich is only favored by 3-1/2 points.
    Mich has a tough schedule again this year, with 6 of the 12 games against good teams ranked in the top 25.

Michigan is a sack of hot garbage with the most overrated coach since another famous Michigan man.
    Michigan actually had an easy schedule this year having Iowa, MSU & OSU at home. If this game was in Iowa it would be a lead pipe lock for the black & gold, I would imagine they'll still win.

#31 4 years ago

mich pumped their stats against the big 10 cellar dweller last week.. Of course I thought rutgers would score something in that game
    Iowa is pretty good team, would think a they win

2 weeks later
    #33 4 years ago

That schooner wipe out was awesome. That chic ate it hard though

#34 4 years ago

The TN coach should have been ejected for the facemask he did to his QB.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That schooner wipe out was awesome. That chic ate it hard though

Yes she did.
    When I re-watched the vid, I see that the two guys near her, just run on by her to help upright the wagon.
    They don't even bother to check if she is ok, or to help her up off the turf.

#36 4 years ago

How about that Virginia Tech win over UNC in the sixth OT! Epic!

#37 4 years ago

They don't even bother to check if she is ok, or to help her up off the turf.

The Old West is a rough place!

#38 4 years ago

Man Ohio State’s defense might be the best they’ve had over the last 10 years, and they’ve had some good ones. Absolute beasts at every position.

#39 4 years ago

Badger’s D is no slouch too.

3 weeks later
    #40 4 years ago

Headed to Met life stadium to watch CORTACA. It’s a D3 rivalry game Between Ithaca and Suny Cortland that has sold over 50,000 tickets. My son played at Cortland and did some coaching there. GO C-STATE.

1 week later
    #41 4 years ago

Mich vs Indiana Hoosiers in Bloomington, IN, Sat Nov 23rd 3:30pm et on Espn.
    Mich favored by 9-1/2 to 10 points. Go Hoosiers!

#42 4 years ago

Mich vs Indiana Hoosiers in Bloomington, IN, Sat Nov 23rd 3:30pm et on Espn.
    Mich favored by 9-1/2 to 10 points. Go Hoosiers!

This could be a classic Mich trap game.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This could be a classic Mich trap game.

My thoughts exactly. They’re finally playing good ball but Indiana is pretty good this year. Scored my B1G Championship Game tix this week, need Wis to beat Minnesota next week to get in.

1 week later
    #44 4 years ago

OK, finally MICH OSU today. Buckeyes 9.5 on the road? That seems a tad close to me.

And by tad I mean 20 points.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

OK, finally MICH OSU today. Buckeyes 9.5 on the road? That seems a tad close to me.
    And by tad I mean 20 points.

20+9.5....pretty close on that one

#46 4 years ago

What a Iron Bowl. And fuck ohio cheaters.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

What a Iron Bowl. And fuck ohio cheaters.

They'll be talking aboot that suspicious home cooking last second added in the iron bowl for years.

The bad news for you is michigan will be much worse next year.
    Maybe one decade some one will give a shit.

#48 4 years ago

So right now, top 5 is:

1 - LSU - Plays #4 Georgia - if LSU loses, would they still be in Playoffs at #4?
    2 - Ohio - Plays #10 Wisconsin - If Ohio loses, they're out and Wisconsin doesn't get in
    3 - Clemson - Plays #22 Virginia - if Clemson loses they're out (Clemson hasn't lost a game since before last season, still vexxed that they're ranked 3...)
    4 - Georgia - Plays #1 LSU - if they lose they're out, if they win, and Ohio loses, are they #1 or #2?
    5 - Utah - Plays #14 Oregon - Lose and they're out, win and somebody above them loses (except maybe LSU?) and they're in

A top 4 team HAS to lose next week. If favorites win, are we looking at LSU, Ohio, Clemson, Utah? LSU would play Utah and Clemson vs Ohio first Playoff week?

#49 4 years ago

dupe

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

...(Clemson hasn't lost a game since before last season, still vexxed that they're ranked 3...)

UNC game hurt them, and their SOS is weaker that OSUs = 3rd.

There are 1,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-2020-college-football-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.