(Topic ID: 212210)

2018 Southern-Fried Gaming Expo (June 8-10, Atlanta GA)

By Radiowing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Magic_Mike
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mario (resized).JPG
    IMG_5526 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5525 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5518 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5524 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5523 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5520 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5505 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5509 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5508 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5506 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5507 (resized).JPG

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Hey Pinsiders!
    I just wanted to make an official post to promote the upcoming 5th-annual Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta June 8-10, 2018! We've continued to grow the number of games available to play and increase both the size of the show and the variety of stuff to do over the weekend. We're still adding guests, but this we've got pinball designer (and voice of Shao Khan from MK) Steve Ritchie and we'll feature live music from Bit Brigade. SFGE is also home to the amazing Pinvasion Pinball tournament! This year we're adding more arcade and console tournaments, and have several surprises up our sleeve.

We just released our latest promo video, so check it out below. If you're thinking about coming, the hotel room block is filling up fast. So don't miss out!
    Don't forget, in addition to arcade and pinball games, we have tabletop gaming, retro console games, vendors, an independent film festival, and even 2 nights of live wrestling. Learn more at www.GameATL.com.

#3 6 years ago

Tickets have been bought, room is reserved......for weeks!!! Looking forward to it!!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Tickets have been bought, room is reserved......for weeks!!! Looking forward to it!!

Same here. I'm ready

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

Hey Gang, here's someone you don't see at shows very often. Glad to welcome Orin Day to SFGE!

2018_OrinDayAnnouncement (resized).jpg2018_OrinDayAnnouncement (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

With your help, over the past two years we have been able to donate thousands of dollars to feed hungry families at the Atlanta Community Food Bank. This year, we've decided to partner with an organization who has been an important and impactful presence at SFGE since day one, Project Pinball. Through the dedication of founder Daniel Spolar and countless volunteers, Project Pinball has been able to bring joy to children facing tremendous health challenges. Recently, Project Pinball has been able to place and dedicate a new pinball machine in Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlanta to add to their numerous other donations across the country. 100% of this year's silent auction proceeds will benefit this worthwhile organization.

522ede3c-8323-4947-9fc2-322625d5c3f2 (resized).jpg522ede3c-8323-4947-9fc2-322625d5c3f2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #7 5 years ago

SFGE 2018 Update! Enjoy tons a great perks for sharing your games at SFGE 2018....including: every game you bring gets a chance to win a Striker Xtreme!

SFGE 2018 Raffle Game (resized).jpgSFGE 2018 Raffle Game (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

We will be at this show. We will have a supply of our Plasma Pop Bumpers and Lighted Speaker Panels, everyone says they look better in person then in pictures. We are planning on having a small selection of our Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers. If their is a Lighted Magnetic Hinge Cover you want us to bring, PM us in the next couple of weeks, and we will bring to the show, most are $99.99 for the kit, installs in minutes.

We will also have lighted speaker panels for STTNG, Funhouse and Indiana Jones. Groot hands for pro are done also ($129.99 for pair). We sold out of about 20 things in Allentown, and we will be making more for Atlanta.

Lloyd, I will have your plasmas, please see me at the beginning of the show.

Should have either the next level of prototype or a final version of the Lighted Speaker Panels for Stern metal paneled DMD games. In the picture is a earlier prototype of the panel on a Metallica.

Groot hands installation video:

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Cover installation video:

Thanks
    Dan

0317180958d (resized).jpg0317180958d (resized).jpg
    0430182259 (resized).jpg0430182259 (resized).jpg
    0430182150 (resized).jpg0430182150 (resized).jpg

allentown show (resized).jpgallentown show (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago

Are you interested in making a custom game?

I am going to be hosting a panel at SFGE for just that! Come chat with TheNoTrashCougar (Scott Danesi) and wildertronix (Wilder Hamm) about what goes in to making a custom game, and how you can get started!

The panel is scheduled for Friday June 8th, from 7-8pm in the Ascott room.

It will be an interactive session designed to help you get started on making your own game, regardless of skill level. Don't be intimidated!

1 week later
    #10 5 years ago

Grab the app, see the schedule! Wanna see exactly what is planned for SFGE 2018? Get a sneak peek of the full schedule before it hits the website by downloading our app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. (If you still happen to have last year's app on your device, you'll need to delete that one and install the new version.) https://attendify.com/app/qzmjej/

SFGE 2018 App (resized).jpgSFGE 2018 App (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

Bumpiddy-bump-bump.

1 week until SFGE. Who all is coming?

#12 5 years ago

ME! cANT WAIT!

#13 5 years ago

Count me in, all 3 days.....plus Pinvasion!!!!

....and be sure to wear a Pinside badge!

#14 5 years ago

1st SFGE and 1st non-local tourney. Mainly going to try out ACNC (my 1st pin), but also excited for Pinvasion!

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

1st SFGE and 1st non-local tourney. Mainly going to try out ACNC (my 1st pin), but also excited for Pinvasion!

Prepared to be hooked. I've been every year and don't plan on missing it.

5-6 days until fun time. I'll be there Thursday night milling around the hotel.

Who else is coming? What are you most excited for?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Prepared to be hooked. I've been every year and don't plan on missing it.

5-6 days until fun time. I'll be there Thursday night milling around the hotel.

Who else is coming? What are you most excited for?

Most exited to be bringing my wife for the first time. I hope she gets hooked. Chances are very good that ill be there if I bringing her!

#17 5 years ago

We will have Kingpin in our booth, so stop by and check out what all the fuss is about.

#18 5 years ago

Anyone coming early and/or staying late, check out:

-My Parents Basement in avondale, 22 N Avondale Rd. about 25-35 mins away from convention. My ten immaculate machines.
    SW
    GOTG
    GB
    AFMLE
    BSM
    BM66
    IMVE Refinery
    WWELE
    IMDN
    ELVIS

I’m super pumped to be providing/buying a Marco Iron Maiden Premium.

See you at the show, where I’ll be chillaxing for once!

-KG
    www.ATLpb.com

#20 5 years ago

Bump up for anyone else going?

Also, don't forget the custom pinball panel Friday night at 7pm in the Ascot room. Scott Danesi - TheNoTrashCougar , Wilder Hamm - wildertronix , and I will be chatting about getting started making custom pinball.

If you've ever wanted to see what's involved then stop by, because we will be focusing on how anyone can get started regardless of skill level.

#21 5 years ago

I've been to every SFGE also! I am driving in from Raleigh, NC and can't wait. I look forward to seeing you again John.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Also, don't forget the custom pinball panel Friday night at 7pm in the Ascot room. Scott Danesi - thenotrashcougar , Wilder Hamm - wildertronix , and I will be chatting about getting started making custom pinball.
    If you've ever wanted to see what's involved then stop by, because we will be focusing on how anyone can get started regardless of skill level.

This is one of the things I'm really hoping to make it to this year, but not sure yet if I'll be off of work in time.

Also, is there any kind of pinside meetup thing this year? I've always seemed to miss them in the past.

#23 5 years ago

This the official thread for SFGE?!

Loaded up SMVE tonight. Will be there a little after noon Friday.

Yay!

#24 5 years ago

The Shadow, Hoops, Indiana Jones and Pro-Football loaded up and leaving Alabama in the AM. See you guys there!

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

Anyone coming early and/or staying late, check out:
    -My Parents Basement in avondale, 22 N Avondale Rd. about 25-35 mins away from convention. My ten immaculate machines.
    SW
    GOTG
    GB
    AFMLE
    BSM
    BM66
    IMVE Refinery
    WWELE
    IMDN
    ELVIS
    I’m super pumped to be providing/buying a Marco Iron Maiden Premium.
    See you at the show, where I’ll be chillaxing for once!
    -KG
    www.ATLpb.com

I highly recommend My Parent's Basement. They have every Stern game+ from the last five years and great food and beer.

#26 5 years ago

It’s show day!

#27 5 years ago

Yay!

The giant donkey Kong machine trips me out, it's huge!!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Also, don't forget the custom pinball panel Friday night at 7pm in the Ascot room. Scott Danesi - thenotrashcougar , Wilder Hamm - wildertronix , and I will be chatting about getting started making custom pinball.

Leaving now!

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yay!
    The giant donkey Kong machine trips me out, it's huge!!

Did you even get GOTG yet? Goodness

#30 5 years ago

Some pre-greatness pics from yesterday. The room is pretty damn big without pinball machines in it.
    And yes convention room carpeting is disgusting.

0944063B-2D7F-4A9B-A1B1-6C3A13F6B8A0.jpeg0944063B-2D7F-4A9B-A1B1-6C3A13F6B8A0.jpeg5537BBE7-5D8E-4D83-A486-A78D089CB9B3.jpeg5537BBE7-5D8E-4D83-A486-A78D089CB9B3.jpeg9CCC5B87-7C07-4C22-93C6-41C0728822DF.jpeg9CCC5B87-7C07-4C22-93C6-41C0728822DF.jpegAE3E89D7-3687-43F3-B888-635013A23776.jpegAE3E89D7-3687-43F3-B888-635013A23776.jpegB4966E42-5FAE-4DB1-BF70-06A809EA57D5.jpegB4966E42-5FAE-4DB1-BF70-06A809EA57D5.jpegE5E23050-7088-47D0-88E4-3FC52393DC5E.jpegE5E23050-7088-47D0-88E4-3FC52393DC5E.jpeg
    #31 5 years ago

Leaving now for the show. Hope everyone traveling gets there safe and sound. Cant wait!

#32 5 years ago

I won't be making it in until tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing and playing some pins! I appreciate everyone who's bringing their machines to make it happen. (:

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you even get GOTG yet? Goodness

Nope, as soon as Stern produces more pros, I'll have mine. Cointaker said around mid June.

#34 5 years ago

How’s it looking today?

#35 5 years ago

Atlanta traffic is so bad. There’s a Kroger just down the road with a great beer selection. Drove ~1 1/2 hours north and dug for trilobites today. That was fun. Ready to play some pinball.

C56BCDA2-38CC-4716-962C-E3AD794B5446 (resized).jpegC56BCDA2-38CC-4716-962C-E3AD794B5446 (resized).jpeg

#36 5 years ago

Play the crap out of my SM kid! Dig seeing kids play pinball. Enjoy!

5E62AC8D-A856-456A-AD8C-EE71221C066C (resized).jpeg5E62AC8D-A856-456A-AD8C-EE71221C066C (resized).jpeg
    #37 5 years ago

Is this thread likely to be the best place to see photos of the show, or is there a photo-specific thread that I'm missing?

Thanks.

#38 5 years ago

I'll try to remember to get some pics tonight. They knocked it out of the park once again.

Great show so far.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Play the crap out of my SM kid! Dig seeing kids play pinball. Enjoy!

I played it as well. Beautiful pin and thanks for bringing it!

#40 5 years ago

The missus watching me play Iron Maiden Premium. Beautiful game and was fun

IMG_1652 (resized).JPGIMG_1652 (resized).JPG

My wife and Zach from STDM. Great guy, great show!

IMG_2343 (resized).jpgIMG_2343 (resized).jpg

Amazing quality Whirlwind . Just stunning game thanks to John Sclaub (might have last name wrong)

IMG_1660 (resized).JPGIMG_1660 (resized).JPG

The missus getting pushed in her wheelchair by Billy Mitchell. Sweet guy, and spent a ton of time with us

IMG_1651 (resized).JPGIMG_1651 (resized).JPG

Playing her (yet to be delivered) ACNC

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

Playing a game of Aerosmith in the Marco booth

IMG_1654 (resized).JPGIMG_1654 (resized).JPG

#41 5 years ago

Did you lose anthing at the sky krib concert? Message me...

#42 5 years ago

Do these convention halls take up their carpets to host pinball events?

This is the second venue (after Texas) where the floors are conspicuously missing their carpeting.

I'm confused.

#43 5 years ago

My walk thru video for this year so far...

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Do these convention halls take up their carpets to host pinball events?
    This is the second venue (after Texas) where the floors are conspicuously missing their carpeting.
    I'm confused.

What do you mean? There is carpet everywhere here.

#46 5 years ago

Charlie and ACNC
    9B7C4B3A-3931-466F-9CFC-38F92220BFA2 (resized).jpeg9B7C4B3A-3931-466F-9CFC-38F92220BFA2 (resized).jpeg

Entrance to event

735960C2-CDD7-4A51-A873-9B67B533F3A9 (resized).jpeg735960C2-CDD7-4A51-A873-9B67B533F3A9 (resized).jpeg

#47 5 years ago

I know it’s ridiculous but all I wanted to try this year was the hobbit and of course the one there was broke

Houdini was fun as hell and I couldn’t hit shit in ACNC. God I sucked at that game.

#48 5 years ago

SFGE is a great show. I had to miss this year since I just moved to Michigan and it was just to far of a drive this time.

#49 5 years ago

The hotel is a train wreck. Limited parking. Internet problematic.

Next year, please book somewhere else. This is starting off poorly.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZombieKing:

The hotel is a train wreck. Limited parking. Internet problematic.
    Next year, please book somewhere else. This is starting off poorly.

The parking situation is indeed very poor and aggravating.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-southern-fried-gaming-expo-june-8-10-atlanta-ga?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.